Superteam Handbook

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
catsi563

Re: Superteam Handbook

Post by catsi563 »

Shoot id contribute to that if allowed was exiting enough when Tman had several of my character in the Tverse as it is seeing how they and possibly others would interact is just an imagination explosion for me.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:37 pm
Shock wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:23 pm
FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm

^_^ If it features Charlie and Zane, I'll plotz...
I'd buy the hardcover if they showed up
Hell, I'd be thrilled for thinly-veiled copies. :lol:
The thrilling adventures of Healthy Woman and Professor Reasonable.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Guess what? Another update from Krystal about the Handbook. Specifically involving the teams.
Who’s Who and What’s What

In the previous blog, I mentioned that I’d give you the lowdown on the various teams this week, so here we go!

UNIQUE (PL 12): The United Nation’s premiere superhero team, focused on tackling global threats and natural disasters
Project Freedom (PL 11): A band of reformed villains putting their powers to use as super-powered community service.
The Outliers (PL 10): The heroes who don’t quite fit anywhere else, tackling problems too outrageous for any other team to notice.
The Upstarts (PL 9): Bound by their alien heritage and hunted by a private corporation, they focus as much on survival as they do righting wrongs.
Magna Force (PL 8-11): Empowered by a lost Preserver artifact, they defend the Earth from cosmic threats from behind the controls of giant, fighting robots.
The Ferroburg Four (PL 7): A hard-luck city needs its own hard-luck heroes, battling evil with grit, determination, and a solid left hook.
The Shadow Knights (PL 6): Spawned in a bizarre genetics accident, four sisters battle ninjas, magic aliens, and genetic abominations from the shadows of a technological playground.
Red Group (PL 5): Sometimes the good guys need to think like the bad guys, and this elite AEGIS team is licensed to turn crime against itself.

Hmmmmm…. but which one do we look at in detail next week?
It leaves me curious about how this all relates to the rest of Freedomverse, such as the first group what with its muscling in on the Freedom League's M.O.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Shock wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:15 pm I have a suspicion that whoever wrote the Project Freedom section has more than a passing familiarity with our game but I doubt he'd use characters other than his own without consulting ahead of time
Aside from legal and ethical considerations, the Project Freedom roster was crafted to feature several updated, established characters from Freedom City, including one yet to appear in 3e, and also a couple "analogue" anti-heroes/villains heretofore missing from Earth-Prime. As referenced by Crystal, the team histories are "soft canon" for FC, and can are meant to be fairly easily modified to fit into individual campaigns.
Voltron64 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:59 pm Guess what? Another update from Krystal about the Handbook. Specifically involving the teams.
Who’s Who and What’s What

In the previous blog, I mentioned that I’d give you the lowdown on the various teams this week, so here we go!

UNIQUE (PL 12): The United Nation’s premiere superhero team, focused on tackling global threats and natural disasters
Project Freedom (PL 11): A band of reformed villains putting their powers to use as super-powered community service.
The Outliers (PL 10): The heroes who don’t quite fit anywhere else, tackling problems too outrageous for any other team to notice.
The Upstarts (PL 9): Bound by their alien heritage and hunted by a private corporation, they focus as much on survival as they do righting wrongs.
Magna Force (PL 8-11): Empowered by a lost Preserver artifact, they defend the Earth from cosmic threats from behind the controls of giant, fighting robots.
The Ferroburg Four (PL 7): A hard-luck city needs its own hard-luck heroes, battling evil with grit, determination, and a solid left hook.
The Shadow Knights (PL 6): Spawned in a bizarre genetics accident, four sisters battle ninjas, magic aliens, and genetic abominations from the shadows of a technological playground.
Red Group (PL 5): Sometimes the good guys need to think like the bad guys, and this elite AEGIS team is licensed to turn crime against itself.

Hmmmmm…. but which one do we look at in detail next week?
It leaves me curious about how this all relates to the rest of Freedomverse, such as the first group what with its muscling in on the Freedom League's M.O.
There will be guidelines on how to integrate the various teams with existing heroes, such as the Freedom League's presence on the world stage given an official U.N. peacekeeper super-team.

All my best.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:26 am
There will be guidelines on how to integrate the various teams with existing heroes, such as the Freedom League's presence on the world stage given an official U.N. peacekeeper super-team.

All my best.
Good, although because much like Algernop Kreiger, my p**** can only get so erect.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Uh, I'm sorry???
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:03 pm Uh, I'm sorry???
He's excited. And he just can't hide it.

And he can't get even more excited because he is at his maximum state.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:03 pm Uh, I'm sorry???
It's a mildly NSFW quote from the animated series Archer.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:26 am
Voltron64 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:59 pm It leaves me curious about how this all relates to the rest of Freedomverse, such as the first group what with its muscling in on the Freedom League's M.O.

All my best.
Well, since UNIQUE are controlled by the U.N. and the Freedom League fights for freedom and against megalomaniacs, despots, and oligarchs, I figured the two groups would be natural enemies.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

If the Freedom League wants to start fighting oligarchs, it's got plenty to go after Stateside already. I've never seen them involve themselves in any sorts of politics, though.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Honestly, I hope the Outliers have their own Expy/Ersatz of Danny the Street, who here could the benevolently rebellious offspring of X-Isle the Living City.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

PDF's out now

Well, what are you waiting for folks? Go get it! :mrgreen:
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

8/13 on Amazon for full release barring suprises
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Ares I think is gonna love the Shadow Knights, he'll understand why.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

No Hero Lab portfolio? At the least, my PDF purchase did not include one.