Ronin Army Forums Shut Down For Good

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
kirinke

Re: Ronin Army Forums Shut Down For Good

Post by kirinke »

Thusly, I keep mods from having unnecessary migraines. You're welcome! :twisted: :lol:
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
saint_matthew

Post by saint_matthew »

Ares wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:40 pmTo my mind, RPG.net has basically shown itself incapable of actually moderating their forums in an unbiased manner.
LOL isn't that the equivalent of saying: "To my mind, water has basically shown itself incapable of not being wet."

I mean being wet is the defining feature of water: Dogs bark, fish swim, water is wet & RPG.net is extremely biased & censorious. It is the nature of it's being, it couldn't not be any the less biased or censorious then water could choose not to be wet. RPG.net is the Scorpion & the Frog of RPG based forums, the Scorpion will always sting the frog & they will both drown, because "it is my nature."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I don't know, I joined it back in 2007, and it honestly seemed fine until 6 or 7 years ago. I never even got into any trouble with them until 2017, but then it seemed like the hits came quickly. I went from 0 infractions from 2007 to 2016, to 2 infractions in 2017 and 1 in 2018, when I decided I had to limit myself to the few threads I found really interesting and avoid anything remotely political like the plague, because if my opinion dissented at all, I'd get another strike against me.

Frankly at this point, I just want to use RPG.net for a few fun threads here and there, and to promote my own RPG when it finally comes out.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Potential good news regarding the forum!

https://www.reddit.com/r/mutantsandmast ... urce=share
Davies

Post by Davies »

Reddit, hm.

Hm.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I'm just glad I moved the stuff I really cared about over here. Before things went to heck in a handbasket.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

kirinke wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:56 am I'm just glad I moved the stuff I really cared about over here. Before things went to heck in a handbasket.
Oh yeah- it's the people who had left the forums before anything went down that I regret- Taliesin's thread, for example. And White Howler's!

I will miss the sense of going back and re-reading old comments if they can't find anything- that was the biggest use I have of the old links. Thank goodness we all had Echoes, in any case.
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

The ATT data may be viable and coming back in some form.

reddit link
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I desperately want to get ahold of my old Roll Call thread. Unfortunately, I was locked out of the site years before the shutdown
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:01 pm I desperately want to get ahold of my old Roll Call thread. Unfortunately, I was locked out of the site years before the shutdown
I have the Ronin Army database, and will hopefully be getting access to The Atomic Think Tank data. Is it OK to just get your posts from the thread?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Send them to batgirl.rantsatgmail
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:34 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:01 pm I desperately want to get ahold of my old Roll Call thread. Unfortunately, I was locked out of the site years before the shutdown
I have the Ronin Army database, and will hopefully be getting access to The Atomic Think Tank data. Is it OK to just get your posts from the thread?
Nice Fuzzy. How did you come by that?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Cinder wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:44 am Nice Fuzzy. How did you come by that?
Troy, of Green Ronin, reached out for people to help restore the database. I haven't figured out a good way to host a static copy (one of the reasons they took it down was because the bulletin board was prone to cyberattacks), but I can do queries.