M&M Patreon Program

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
That Sullivan Guy

M&M Patreon Program

Post by That Sullivan Guy »

I was curious who here was already a backer or thinking about it?

I'm a completist, and if this is the only way GR can afford to put out stats-n-more in a continuous and timely fashion, then it is what it is. Lots of companies other than WOTC and Paizo are hanging on to life by their fingertips and I still want me some official M&M stuff, so I'll support Steve and Hal getting paid for their work anyway I can. I'm backing at the $8 "Gimme Da PDFs Already" level and I don't see any reason to up that, but other people's mileage, as the kids say, may vary.

In addition to the free pdf starter they posted on the GR website, they also have out the second pdf of the Psion siblings for download by backers.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about:

https://www.patreon.com/MutantsAndMasterminds/
FuzzyBoots

Re: M&M Patreon Program

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I'm at $8.
Davies

Post by Davies »

If they updated the character's backgrounds to indicate that time had passed, I would back it. But the sample about Argent is the same information I got in Freedom City 2e, just for a newer edition of the game. As though nothing else has changed.

So no. Green Ronin is still dead to me.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
That Sullivan Guy

Post by That Sullivan Guy »

Davies wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:40 pm
Completely reasonable on your part, sirrah.

One day I might explain my history with and, as a result, my problems with GR as a whole. Steve and Hal, however, have no part of that sordid tale. They both have been Big Kahunas and nothing but professional and nice with me, so any time I can help contribute to Steve getting paid for his work, I'm cool with it. That's just a me thing. :-)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Davies wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:40 pm If they updated the character's backgrounds to indicate that time had passed, I would back it. But the sample about Argent is the same information I got in Freedom City 2e, just for a newer edition of the game. As though nothing else has changed.

That is a fair point. If nothing else, they ought to be adults by now, much like Maximus Atom.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I was on the fence about joining at the $8 level, but if the character info isn't updated then I think I'm going to pass. I can whip up stats on my own.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Just following up on this, now everyone is getting the full profile and Hero Lab file at any backing level and they're providing "Where They are now" vignettes for each team (they're currently working on adding one for the Psions).
Davies

Post by Davies »

Okay, they posted an update for the Psions. I'm in.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."