Website App

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
CaptainKaulu

Website App

Post by CaptainKaulu »

I've spent the past two days working on a new M&M website for building characters.

The goal is for it, when it's done, to basically be another HeroLab for M&M 3e—probably with less automation, especially when first released—but free to use, usable on mobile (in browser, we'll see if I get around to making a dedicated mobile app), and fixing a bunch of small bugs that I put up with in HeroLab.

Basically making it so I can work on M&M characters on the go, plus removing barriers that would keep my RPG playgroup (whom I'm going to be introducing to M&M soon) from embracing the system.

Anyone interested? Any feature requests?
CaptainKaulu

Re: Website App

Post by CaptainKaulu »

The site's got a ways to go before it'll be nice enough for me to release it to the public, but here's a preview screenshot of one page of a character sheet (for a mostly-complete character).

Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Post by Shock »

That's pretty cool. Nice work!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

That does read well, nice work!
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Gradually adding more features to support more complicated characters. Just got to where I'm happy with my version of Batman, with Alternate Vehicles and Conditional Languages and such supported. So here's three screenshots to let you see all of Batman's Advantages tab, as well as showcasing the Light and Dark themes of the site.

CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Getting close to letting users into the site for a "closed Beta test" sort of thing. Message me or reply here if you'd like to try the site out!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

So far I'm really enjoying the way you have set this up currently. VERY user friendly (as I'm very unskilled in using such things) and has handled the couple builds I've done so far.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Glad you're liking it!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Very cool stuff. Have you gotten much further with it?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:48 pm Very cool stuff. Have you gotten much further with it?
Nope, got distracted with prepping a D&D campaign and then with other projects. It would help me get back into the website, though, if people (enthusiastically) made feature requests.
DominusExMachina

Post by DominusExMachina »

Where can the rest of us find this app?
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Sorry, I've been absent from this Forum for months. The app has some serious bugs right now, but eventually I plan to get around to re-vamping it and re-publishing here where you can find it.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

No, I'm not! I'll have to check out what this other person made.