Crisis on Cancelled Earths

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
saint_matthew

Crisis on Cancelled Earths

Post by saint_matthew »

Phew, just finished our all day M&M special event game. I'll probably do a full write up in a day or two, maybe after I finish my write up of my annual Halloween game (just so busy), but until then thought I'd share the basics with people.

Originally this game was set to be run at the end of November, but because of real life getting in the way, we had to postpone & so we moved it to the morning of new years eve, since we all had the day off.

THE PITCH

So this game takes place in the TV multiverse as seen in the Arrow-Verse & is in fact a vague tie in to the Crisis on Infinite Earths.

So here's the pitch: The Monitor is doing his thing, looking for the heroes capable of stopping the oncoming Crisis & stops in to the Earth of the 90's Lois & Clark, and gives the Book of Destiny to a backyard engineer with a chip on his shoulder about how he should be humanities true hero, a guy by the name of James Mcintyre.

With the Book of Destiny he finally has the power to build himself the suit of power armour he thinks will let him compete with Superman, only to almost immediately be defeated by a solo Superman (played out as a funny solo prologue).

The Monitor shows up to give the guy a second chance, this time telling him to think big & he does.

James looks in to the book of Destiny & finds what he is looking for. He re-writes reality so no one remembers Superman, where Lex Luthor is a crazy man in an insane Asylum & where James has his own team of super powered individuals from across the multiverse (the multiverse of cancelled DC tv shows at least), his very own Justice Lords.

As for his own powers, he finds another version of himself, a version of himself with a slightly different name, but with powers of his own, powers that could potentially rival those of Superman & so he copies those & becomes Triumph.

His team of villains consist of

1. Riddler (from post season finale Gotham)

2. Jack O'Lantern (from Powerless)

3. Storm-Lord (previously the Weather Man from the failed mid 90's JLA tv show, but taken AFTER the show)

4. Veronica Cale, as Cheetah (Taken from the 2000's failed Wonder Woman leaked pilot, where she's used her own pharmaceuticals on her self to up her combat effectiveness, but with unexpected results.)

Superman finds himself in a very different world after the rewrite, one where he's never existed, but Clark Kent still does, a world with a tall shinny building called The Spire, from which Triumph rules over Metropolis as a "benevolent protector," regardless of if the people of Metropolis want his protection or not.

Since Triumph has done something the Monitor did not expect he's willing to let it play out, but will balance the scales & summons a group of heroes from those same worlds, because maybe a team can achieve what an individual hero cannot.

And so he summons our heroes for this adventure.

0. Superman (Early Season 1 Lois & Clark, still untested in his powers)

1. Batman (Post Gotham finale, Year One Batman)

2. Fire (Fresh from Powerless season 1, she's just been selected to be part of Justice League Europe, has got a new costume, but hasn't left Charm City for her new role yet)

3. Ice (From the TV movie, this version of ice takes place a couple of months after the tv movie, where she's got a less sucky costume & has just started gaining confidence with being Ice, but is still stricken with moments of doubt)

4. Wonder Woman (At the end of the tv pilot the feds chose not to press charges due to all the cases she's worked on, but after the show they decide that they can't have her running around & so freeze her accounts, which applies force to her company, resulting in her being removed from her own company by the board of directors, the company pivoting & changing it's name. So Diana goes in to hiding in her Diana Prince identity & without all the resources she had in the pilot, it's a very Odin sending Thor to Earth to learn humanity moment, in which she gets what she asked for, a life of her own, but now without the back-up of also being rich.... Also just FYI there are no such things as Amazons, that's just Diana's childish explanation for her powers.)
greycrusader

Re: Crisis on Cancelled Earths

Post by greycrusader »

I really, REALLY like your concept.
saint_matthew

Post by saint_matthew »

greycrusader wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:07 amI really, REALLY like your concept.
It was a lot of fun. Especially since I purchased a slushy machine earlier in the year & so we had on tap slushies for the game.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

An alternative suggestion for Batman would be the current Batman and Robin of earth-89 who are Dick Grayson and Damien Wayne.

That’s right, I’d have Chris O’Donnell as an explicit homage to Grant Morrison’s Batman and Robin.
saint_matthew

Post by saint_matthew »

Voltron64 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:59 pmAn alternative suggestion for Batman would be the current Batman and Robin of earth-89 who are Dick Grayson and Damien Wayne.
Actually this idea had been hanging around my head for a while, I just had no plot, or reason to write one, it was original conceived as nothing but a silly slap stick idea in the back of my roleplaying ideas note-book.

It wasn't until the Monitor came along & said "hey guys, all those cancelled DC TV shows exist in the Arrow-Multiverse" did I suddenly realise I HAD to run a Crisis on Cancelled Earths one off game-day for shits and giggles.

Originally because I conceived of the idea BEFORE the end of Gotham, Batman was going to be Adam West Batman & Superman was going to be the 70's tv show Superboy. But the second it went from goofy, slap-stick comedy idea to actual "you are going to run this as a real adventure" it needed some re-tooling.

So Adam West & Superboy were swapped out for Gotham Finale Year 1 Batman & Dean Cain Superman, since Gotham had come to a finish by that point.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

More Crisis ideas I have, live-action versions of Justice Leagues: Gods and Monsters Superman and Batman.