Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Princess M'Krell and Singularity from Golden Heroes!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
proditor

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Grimalkin of Golden Heroes!)

Post by proditor »

EX-MAN

Ex-Man - PL 10

Strength 7/2, Stamina 4, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 4, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Eidetic Memory, Improved Aim, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4

Skills
Athletics 4 (+11), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+8), Expertise: Current Events 4 (+6), Expertise: History 4 (+6), Expertise: Science 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat: Cyborg Weaponry 3 (+4), Technology 4 (+6)

Powers
Cyborg Body
. . Armor: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness; Impervious)
. . Computer Mind (Advantages: Improved Aim, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw)
. . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Eidetic Memory)
. . . . Quickness: Quickness 2 (Perform routine tasks in -2 time ranks; Limited to One Task: Mathematical Calculations)
. . . . Targeting System: Enhanced Trait 4 (Advantages: Ranged Attack 4)
. . Cyberarm - Enhanced Strength: Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Strength +5 (+7); Limited: One Limb)
. . Energy Control (Atomic): Damage 12 (radiation, DC 27; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Life Support: Immunity 12 (Environmental Condition: Choose Condition, Life Support, Poison)
. . Radiation Absorbtion: Immunity 5 (Damage Effect: Radiation; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Sensors: Senses 6 (Infravision, Low-light Vision, Penetrates Concealment: Infravision)
. . Stun Blaster: Damage 9 (DC 24; Alternate Resistance: Fortitude, Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range 3)

Offense
Initiative +1
Energy Control (Atomic): Damage 12, +8 (DC 27)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 17)
Stun Blaster: Damage 9, +8 (DC Fort 24)
Throw, +5 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 22)

Complications
Addiction: Neil Baldwin requires the machinery of his body and its associated support machines to stay alive.
Motivation: Responsibility: Now that Ex-Man has the power of his cybernetics, he feels that he must use them to protect others.
Prejudice: As a hulking half-corpse cyborg, Neil is not invited to many Sunday socials.
Relationship: Ex-Man is a member of the Starlight Pact.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 86 + Advantages 1 + Skills 17 (33 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 155

Neil Baldwin was a happily married family man with 2 kids and a job at the local chemical works. (Hmmm, maybe V&V isn't the only place with dangerous science?) Then he fell into a vat of liquid oxygen and died instantly (Well shit...). Along came genius cyberneticist Carla Lundquist who used Neil's corpse to make a prototype cyborg warrior to sell to master criminals. Neil woke and had the expected reaction to finding out that he was in the direct to video sequel to Universal Soldier, and he trashed the lab. With no other options (and no indication of how) he joined the Starlight Pact.

Ex-Man (and yeah, that name is killing me) is pretty typical cyborg. He's tough, gets a little super-strength, has resistances, a ranged weapon (or two), some computerized sense and brain stuff. He's not particularly innovative, until you remember that it's 1985, and he's pretty cutting edge while still being a Cyborg or Tharok knock-off. He's a straight up PL10 ranged with his atomic blasts, and the Fort stunner should be a surprise. Defensively he's only PL9, but he's immune to crits and the Life Support is nice.

In terms of the group, he really seems to fit in the least. I guess if we embrace the corpse angle, that might link in to the otherwise fairly mystical heavy bent of the first three members, but that will go away with the last guy anyway. Neil and Moonblade really have the whole lack of a civilian life thing covered. Come to think of it, everyone but the last guy, Paragon, is in the same boat. It makes the Starlight Pact very much a Doom Patrol sort of team.
proditor

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Grimalkin of Golden Heroes!)

Post by proditor »

PARAGON

Paragon - PL 10

Strength 11, Stamina 7, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 6/2, Intellect 2, Awareness 5, Presence 1

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Close Attack 2, Contacts, Extraordinary Effort, Inspire 3, Interpose, Move-by Action, Well-informed

Skills
Athletics 2 (+13), Expertise: Criminal 6 (+8), Expertise: Current Events 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+9), Investigation 2 (+10/+4), Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion 2 (+9/+3)

Powers
Alternate Form (Heroic) (Activation: Standard Action, Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Inspire 3, Move-by Action)
. . Danger Sense: Senses 1 (Danger Sense: Mystical)
. . Flight: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
. . Heightened Stamina: Enhanced Stamina 5 (+5 STA)
. . Heightened Strength: Enhanced Strength 10 (+10 STR)
. . Life Support: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
. . Super-powered Body: Enhanced Trait 18 (Traits: Dodge +3 (+8), Fortitude +1 (+10), Will +3 (+10), Fighting +4 (+6), Advantages: Close Attack 2, Interpose)
. . Tough Skin: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious [7 extra ranks])
Roley's Life: Enhanced Trait 8 (Traits: Investigation +6 (+10), Persuasion +6 (+9), Advantages: Contacts, Well-informed; Limited: Only as Roley)

Offense
Initiative +1
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 21)
Throw, +1 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 26)

Complications
Identity: Roley Day, two bit ex-criminal.
Motivation: Responsibility: Roley and Paragon both feel that they have to show people how to live life and strive for more. As paragon, he works to protect that life.
Relationship: Paragon is a member of the Starlight Pact.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8/5, Parry 9, Fortitude 10/9, Toughness 11, Will 10/7

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 97 + Advantages 0 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 150

Roley Day was living rough and out of hope until a minister told him that people should be an example for others and to help others out. To be a paragon to them. Roley liked this idea and started dreaming about this ideal person, a hero, to save everyone. The dreams continued, and the figure kept telling Roley if he could just wish harder, dream deeper, he could help more people. One day, the figure said it would take just one more dream. Roley agreed but woke later realizing that he had done it and his dreams had made Paragon real. Now they share their time trying to help others in their own ways. Recently Roley had a dream that he met four strange beings and the next time he woke up, he was in the Starlight Pact.

Damn, drugs were so much better in the 80's. I mean, what kind of insane combo would you have to pull today to get that background out of today's recreational pharmaceuticals? Anyway. Paragon is a very traditional paragon, which is honestly pretty damn funny. He's tough, strong, and can fly. One interesting note, I fudged what should have probably been a multiform sheet with the "Roley's life" entry, but honestly, it was a shit ton easier than making a multiform entry, so there ya go.
betterwatchit

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! The Starlight Pact from Golden Heroes!)

Post by betterwatchit »

As a Brit, I appreciate your covering Golden Heroes at last.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! The Starlight Pact from Golden Heroes!)

Post by Ares »

I love how Paragon has literally THE most generic superhero costume ever. The kind you'd find clip art of easily online, with big major difference being the outfit colors (his color scheme is more Batman than Superman) and the gloves.

Still, that origin could be tweaked slightly to make it work. The core concept of "Ex-criminal trying to go straight wants there to be an ideal hero everyone can look up to so badly that he literally wills one into existence" is actually fairly optimistic, and there could be plenty of "what really happened" explanations.

One is that Roley is really some kind of powerful psychic, and the entity contacting him is really just his subconscious helping him use his powers. Or in something like Green Ronin's Paragons that Roley's desires for a hero were so strong that they literally reached into the Imageria and created that ideal hero and pulled him into the real world. Or even something as simple as some kind of benevolent force (angle, wizard, mythological god) empowered Roley through his dreams to create Paragon, both as a champion for good and to inspire wonder/hope in the world again.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
proditor

Post by proditor »

Yeah, I do like the optimism in Roley. That's part of why Paragon's got a big goofy grin on the miniature.

I have to admit to being pretty impressed with the level of creativity and outright weird from a game published in the early 80's. I feel like even though the system is a little hard to grok on first blush, it's not really any more obtuse than V&V, I just have a metric crap-ton more experience with the latter. And very much like V&V, Golden Heroes seems to have that cheerful optimism that got throttled to death in the 90's when everything went EXTREME!

Maybe belt pouches drag down your spirit?

Probably a question for a deeper sage than me.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

What kills me about Ex-Man is that he could almost be a parody of Exreme 90s heroes, being a combat cyborg with shoulder pads, pouches, etc. Even the name seems like a riff on the X-Men/X-Force that Jim and Rob used to start the era of Extreme heroes.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
proditor

Post by proditor »

Absolutely. I figured he'd be all grim and dour in the write-up, but he's also really hopeful and relatively blasé about his situation. I mean, yeah, they point out that when he wakes up post-op he flips his shit and trashes the base, but once that's out of his system, he's basically like, "Oh well, guess it's time to go be a superhero!"
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

I barely remember Golden Heroes, but I do recall the game having the same carefree, anything-goes spirit of V&V, along with an even wonkier character-generation system. It definitely pushed players to be creative in explaining how and why their powers went together, and why other abilities were dropped. And it was cool to see a British take on what is essentially an American genre.

All my best.
proditor

Post by proditor »

JET

Jet - PL 9

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 7, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Advantages
Agile Feint, Benefit, Alternate Identity: Milton Keene - Jet, Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionare), Evasion 2, Inventor, Move-by Action, Speed of Thought, Ultimate Effort: Technology

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+10/+6), Expertise: Business 4 (+11), Expertise: Military 4 (+11), Expertise: Science 6 (+13), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Heat Blast: Damage 9 4 (+6), Technology 6 (+13), Vehicles 4 (+6)

Powers
Flight Training: Enhanced Trait 12 (Traits: Acrobatics +4 (+10), Dodge +6 (+12), Advantages: Agile Feint, Evasion 2, Move-by Action)
Jet Suit (Removable)
. . Armor: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
. . Flight: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
. . Heat Blast: Damage 9 (DC 24; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged)

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 13)
Heat Blast: Damage 9, +8 (DC 24)
Throw, +2 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 18)

Complications
Delusion: Jet actually thinks his "battlesuit" is an amazing technological innovation and not just something you could probably get off the rack at Mercs R' Us
Identity: Oscar Stevens, Mechanical industrialist
Motivation: Greed: Oscar wants to get paid for his spectacular battlesuit.
Motivation: Recognition: Oscar wants to get recognized for his spectacular battlesuit.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 12/6, Parry 10, Fortitude 7, Toughness 6, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 41 + Advantages 7 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 135

Oscar originally designed his battlesuit for the military, but he felt like he wasn't getting paid enough for his work on his brilliant creation. So he took off with the suit and started test it under real world conditions by robbing stuff as Jet. Somehow this hasn't resulted in him being arrested for stealing the suit and then committing crimes with it...must be a Marvel type of thing. In his desire to get paid more for his incredible battlesuit, Jet is widening into terrorism and violent crime because he's so well adapted. He figures once he's built up enough of a reputation, someone will surely pay top dollar for his stunning, revolutionary, world-class battlesuit.

I had to convert this guy. He has the most generic, and frankly underpowered suit since the Soviet Super Troopers, but he thinks he's Tony Stark. He's a delusional whack job who happens to be pretty talented, and with the aid of his rather generic suit, he becomes a credible threat. But you slap that thing on even an elite soldier and watch the hilarity ensue! Jet himself is not a bad PL9, and the design is pretty cool actually, but his armor won't stop a strong fart, he doesn't fly that fast, and his Energy Blast doesn't hit all that hard. He can't do a lot with his caps, but he's pretty mobile and a solid PL9 on defense, so he'd be a decent harasser in a team.

Yeah, I went to town mocking his love of his battlesuit, but seriously, the armor protection is equal to what any starting hero can get, WITHOUT BUYING POWERS MIND YOU, from their padded costume. And he calls that a battlesuit...The whole thing reminds me of the old Champions ads in Dragon magazine where there was a guy with a leaky jetpack and a 2x4 and they were asking to send him XP so he could defend your family from aliens. Funny ad. And seriously, that guy was almost Jet.
proditor

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Jet from Golden Heroes!)

Post by proditor »

QUARREL

Quarrel - PL 8

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 2, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2: Crossbow, Improved Disarm, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 4 (+6), Expertise: Art 6 (+6), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10)

Powers
Heightened Senses: Senses 6 (Accurate: Hearing, Counters Concealment: Hearing, Danger Sense: Hearing, Ultra-hearing)
Minor Psychic
. . Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 5 (DC 15; Cumulative; Limited to Surface Thoughts)
. . Mind War: Cumulative Affliction 6 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 16; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range 2, Limited to Minds)
. . Senses: Senses 4 (Precognition)
Weapon Skill: Enhanced Trait 14 (Traits: Ranged Combat +4 (+8), Advantages: Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2, Improved Disarm, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4)

Equipment
Crossbow

Offense
Initiative +4
Crossbow, +12 (DC 18)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 12)
Mind Reading: Cumulative Mind Reading 5 (DC Will 15)
Mind War: Cumulative Affliction 6, +8 (DC Will 16)
Throw, +8 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 17)

Complications
Disability: Blind; compensated for by his hearing
Identity: Richard Locksly, former art museum attendant
Motivation: Power: Quarrel is trying to pull enough gigs to get his crossbow upgraded to something cybernetic with specialized quarrels.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/3, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 44 + Advantages 6 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 128

Blinded in a freak ancient art museum accident, Locksly spontaneously developed powers of the mind and insane radar style hearing. He's pulling off smaller crimes currently so that he can raise money to upgrade his crossbow and the bolts he uses to something more high tech.

This one is another of the classic tropes; the blind warrior. The archer angle is nice, though the name is a tad on the nose. Still, it's an intriguing build that's a bit overpriced due to the fact that he's a weapon master and a psionic. Still, this would be a really decent to revisit with the cybernetic crossbow upgrade and custom bolts, perhaps with some light ballistic armor. He'd be pretty decent at PL9, maybe even 10 depending on where you go with it.

No real bagging on this guy, I like him even if he is pretty low powered compared to some of the other entries of your usual M&M entries. I think he'd be pretty awesome as a weird character for a street level campaign. Oddly enough, his super hearing has no drawback, so he either wears some sort of protective ear plugs that cut out sound levels, or they just missed it. Either explanation works, but I like him without an added vulnerability. I mean, he hosed if he gets afflicted into deafness, but he's no more vulnerable than anyone else really.
proditor

Post by proditor »

NINJA

Ninja - PL 6

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, Chokehold, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Evasion, Fighting Style: Ninjutsu, Hide in Plain Sight, Improvised Weapon, Languages 1, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Kawa Naga 1 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+10), Deception 5 (+8), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Shuriken 4 (+7), Sleight of Hand 6 (+9), Stealth 8 (+11)

Powers
Kawa Naga (Easily Removable)
. . Kawa Naga: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19; Choking, Dangerous, Disarming, Grabbing, Reach (melee) 3: 15 ft., Variable Descriptor: close group - Slashing or Bludgeoning)

Equipment
Shuriken

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 12)
Kawa Naga: Strength-based Damage 2, +8 (DC 19)
Shuriken, +10 (DC 16)
Throw, +6 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)

Complications
Responsibility: The Ninja is beholden to their clan/guild.
Secret: The identity of the Ninja is a closely guarded secret.

Languages
English, Japanese

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 6, Toughness 5/4, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 6 + Advantages 13 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 105

It's a Ninja. Seriously, that's about what we have for a write-up here. I think this is supposed to be a fairly generic Ninja to plague your heroes, mostly because they use a "he or she" reference that seems to denote multiples rather than confusion, and this was the 80's. So yeah, generic Ninja for Golden Heroes.

In M&M terms, these guys are big dick swinging Ninja. Seriously, the only one that is a threat to these Ninja from the Gamemaster's Guide is the Mystic Ninja. The write-up does say they are the best of the best of their guild, so I guess a champion could be better than a Master, but hey, whatever works for y'all.

I think these guys might work best as heroic sub-boss/Lieutenant types. Give them a slew of minions so the PCs get the experience of mowing through Hand knockoffs like a hot knife through butter, and let these dudes be the slight roadblock on the way to the master villain. Little known fact, if you ever suspect that there is a ninja hiding in the room with you, it's possible to goad them out by asking "You know what else is silent but deadly? My farts!" gets 'em every time.
proditor

Post by proditor »

That's the first three entries from the Supervisor's Guidebook. I'll get the rest up in batches over the weekend, then we'll move on to the modules!

Huzzah!
proditor

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Jet, Quarrel, & Ninja from Golden Heroes!)

Post by proditor »

BEACON

Beacon - PL 9

Strength 7, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 4, Intellect 4, Awareness 0, Presence 2

Advantages
Close Attack, Connected, Defensive Roll 2, Ranged Attack 3, Weapon Bind

Skills
Close Combat: Ancient Staff of Integrity 4 (+8), Expertise: Medicine 6 (+10), Perception 4 (+4), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Ancient Staff of Integrity 2 (+5), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Technology 2 (+6), Treatment 6 (+10)

Powers
Ancient Staff of Integrity (Easily Removable)
. . Heightened Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (+5 STR)
. . Light Blast: Damage 10 (DC 25; Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Blinding Beam: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Vision)
. . . . Light Constructs: Create 10 (Alternate; Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20)
. . Staff Strike: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 24; Double)
Armored Costume: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)

Offense
Initiative +3
Blinding Beam: Cumulative Affliction 10, +8 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 17)
Light Blast: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Staff Strike: Strength-based Damage 2, +9 (DC 24)
Throw, +6 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 22)

Complications
Identity: Dr. Peter Blake
Motivation: Responsibility: Since being "gifted" with the staff, Dr. Blake feels that he is bound to serve as a beacon to the right minded and morally courageous.
Obsession: Blake is dedicated to the elimination of all impurities in the Human condition, particularly genetic deviations such as Superheroes and Mutants.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 9, Fortitude 7, Toughness 9/7, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 25 + Advantages 8 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 110

Blake was your average everyday Doctor with extreme 4chan level views on euthenasia and the purity of the human race. One day, he had a vision, and out of nowhere he had a magic staff; the Ancient Staff of Integrity. It made him super strong and granted him the ability to channel coherent light in his ongoing quest to purify the human race form mutants and superheroes. He took the name Beacon to serve as such to others he deems as right minded and morally pure.

What an asshole. He does reflect the odd nature of some of the random rolls in the system though, you see a lot more odd superstrength pairings (Like wait until we get to Eldritch) than you would in other systems. On the one hand, that does keep things interesting. You think you're fighting a bog standard blaster, and suddenly he pistol whips you with a motorcycle. Still Beacon is undercost, and kinda boring with mediocre defenses. He's a good villain of the week though, sort of like Crusader from the old Thor run back in the day.

The only other thing that makes this guy interesting is that apparently he's a eugenics loonytune AND a doctor. I'd imagine he's almost as satisfying to punch in the face as a nazi. The last note on the character is that no one knows why he got the staff, who made the thing, or what their agenda might be. Very blank slate.
proditor

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Jet, Quarrel, & Ninja from Golden Heroes!)

Post by proditor »

BLACK DRUID

Black Druid - PL 10

Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Advantages
Animal Empathy, Benefit, Wealth 4 (multimillionare), Favored Environment: Woodlands, Great Endurance, Languages 1, Power Attack, Ritualist

Skills
Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Business 6 (+9), Expertise: Magic 8 (+11), Expertise: Nature 6 (+9), Expertise: Theology 6 (+9), Insight 4 (+8), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Magic Spells 2 (+4)

Powers
Immortality: Immortality 5 (Return after 1 day)
Magic Spells
. . Animal Form: Morph 1 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form; Metamorph)
. . Call of the Wild Brother: Summon 3 (Active, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 3: 8 minions)
. . Fires of Vermithrax: Damage 9 (DC 24; Accurate 3: +6, Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 6)
. . Green Bonds of Gilganesh: Burst Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile, DC 18; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged, Selective; Limited Degree)
. . Weather Control: Environment 5 (Other: 4 points of effect 4, Radius: 500 feet; Selective, Notes: The Selective modifier, rather than allowing you to choose who in the area is or is not affected, allows you to choose how the Environment effect’s points per rank are distributed amongst cold, heat, impair movement, and visibility (see the Fog power; if you have this power, you can also produce its effect). To increase the amount of weather effects you can produce in an area at once, increase the points per rank of the Environment effect.)
Tough: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)

Offense
Initiative +2
Fires of Vermithrax: Damage 9, +10 (DC 24)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 14)
Green Bonds of Gilganesh: Burst Area Affliction 8 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 18)
Throw, +2 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 19)

Complications
Identity: Jonathan Richardson, Industrialist and CEO
Temper

Languages
English, Welsh

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 11, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 48 + Advantages 10 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 159

This one is quick. "The Black Druid is an eternal malevolent spirit which drifts from lifetime to lifetime possessing the bodies of mortal men. His current body happens to be that of an extremely successful businessman. All of the Black Druid's powers are tied to the earth; plants and wild animals (the Green Bonds of Gilganesh are creepers and the conjured creatures are wolves, etc.)"

So yeah. The immortality is as close as I think you need to get for this conversion, and the possession is not written up at all, just mentioned. Maybe throw in a complication that he has to change bodies? Dunno, flavor to your own taste. Fight wise, he's basically a fairly standard blaster who can turn into a bird. He's PL10 based more on the backstory and the rep than his actual sheet. I think I took a few liberties.

This is, again, a pretty common trope in the genre. I think if I had thought more about that, and say, Marvel's Doctor Druid, this guy might have been more of a weenie. As it is, I was thinking about the more generic and cooler examples, so Black Druid got a bit of a bump,
proditor

Post by proditor »

BLACKSUN

Blacksun - PL 11

Strength 15, Stamina 8, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6), Intimidation 11 (+12), Perception 4 (+4)

Powers
Force Field: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Sustained)
Stone Form
. . Armor: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Impervious [12 extra ranks], Innate; Noticeable: Rocky Plates)
. . Density Increase: Density Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +2 mass ranks; Density, Innate; Permanent)
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 7 (+7 STR)
. . Growth: Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +1 Intimidate, -2 Stealth, -1 active defenses, +2 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
. . Immunity: Immunity 24 (Common Descriptor: Fire/Heat, Life Support, Uncommon Descriptor: Plasma, Uncommon Descriptor: Laser)
Uncontrolled Teleport: Teleport 10 (Carry 50 lbs.; Extended: 1000 miles in 2 move actions; Limited to Extended, Uncontrolled)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 25)
Throw, +2 (DC 30)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 30)

Complications
Monstrous
Motivation: Destruction

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 3, Fortitude 14, Toughness 14, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 78 + Advantages 6 + Skills 9 (17 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 141

John Douglas was an unfortunate lab technician (I'm telling you, Comic Book science is #$$%^king evil) caught in a blast from a device intended to study Black Holes. His mind retreated and was basically wiped as he became a rampaging force of destruction.

Some quick notes: The teleport is completely random, and left to the GM. the idea is that at times he just bamfs out and ends up somewhere else. It can be mid-rampage, just as the heroes knock him out, whenever really. He's insanely strong and hard to hurt, but his focus on that means he's not much else. He comes in undercost for PL11, but I can't help but think that if he lands a shot, it's going to hurt.

This guy is your Hulk, Grond, Solomon Grundy pastiche. Not too bright, focused on destruction, more of an elemental force than anything else. He's the reason hero teams form in the first place. In Golden Heroes, he's a beast, pretty much top of the normal villain heap. There's another category, but we'll get to that abject insanity in a bit. So yeah, Blacksun; the guy that should be a giant PITA for starting heroes.