Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Princess M'Krell and Singularity from Golden Heroes!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Woodclaw

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Ladybeard!)

Post by Woodclaw »

proditor wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:48 am Heya bossman! Ya, as well as can be expected, thanks.

Last few...months? years? have been a lot busier than expected. I also had my supers group fall apart, and it removed a lot of my mojo.

Right about the same time, I started hanging out with a seedy group of malcontents who got me hooked on...28mm GI Joe Tabletop wargaming.

I know, I'm so ashamed... ;)

The basic facts are accurate though, and boy do I have a lot of 3d printed tanks now! How's by you and yours?
A what now?
How does this thing even exist?!
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
proditor

Post by proditor »

Woodclaw wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:17 am
proditor wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:48 am Heya bossman! Ya, as well as can be expected, thanks.

Last few...months? years? have been a lot busier than expected. I also had my supers group fall apart, and it removed a lot of my mojo.

Right about the same time, I started hanging out with a seedy group of malcontents who got me hooked on...28mm GI Joe Tabletop wargaming.

I know, I'm so ashamed... ;)

The basic facts are accurate though, and boy do I have a lot of 3d printed tanks now! How's by you and yours?
A what now?
How does this thing even exist?!
Lots of improvisation and dedication mostly. :D

Here are some pics of about a third of my current collection.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

What system are you using?

I've seen a couple of sites dedicated to using the Necromunda rules for it.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'm also finding that bottom (displayed) shelf even more awesome- so many fun pop culture references.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Yeah, that is one nice collection from what I'm seeing (even if it is only a third of it).
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
proditor

Post by proditor »

Thanks guys!

The bottom shelf is definitely my 70s-80s love fest. I just finished initial work on Mad Max and his car, so they'll get added soon.

For the system, we mostly use one called "Where heroes dare!" in no small part because the gent organizing our games wrote the rules. ;)

He's a really nice guy, and his collection dwarfs mine. His blog is here for those interested: https://doctormerkury.blogspot.com/2009 ... -dare.html
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

That is a really impressive collection, Proditor! And I'm very glad you decided to drop by and post again. I often wonder what became of many former regulars both here and on a couple other boards I frequent, including BatgirlIII and BriarThorne, though I did once have a vociferous disagreement with the latter (but it did not turn insulting).

All my best.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

terrifying that I recognize a good majority fo those vehicles
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Egyptoid

Post by Egyptoid »

Good to see Proditor Alive and Kicking
<<<<< <<<< MARVEL SUPERHEROES :arrow: Thunderfury Comics >>>>>>> >>>>>>
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:23 pm terrifying that I recognize a good majority fo those vehicles
You ain't the only one cat! Though i was more into the Filecards than anything....
proditor

Post by proditor »

BALTHAZAEL

Balthazael - PL 10

Strength 10/5, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 4, Intellect 4, Awareness 5, Presence 5

Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionare), Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Fearless, Improved Hold, Languages 4, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic, Speed of Thought

Skills
Athletics 2 (+12), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+8), Deception 2 (+7), Expertise: Magic 6 (+10), Expertise: Theology 2 (+6), Insight 2 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+11), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 2 (+7), Treatment 2 (+6)

Powers
Magic Spells Array
. . Berserker Rage: Enhanced Trait 19 (Traits: Strength +5 (+10), Toughness +4 (+10), Advantages: All-out Attack, Diehard, Fearless, Improved Hold, Power Attack; Penetrating 10; Quirk 2: -1 to active defenses)
. . Conjure Hellhound: Summon 5 (Heroic, Mental Link)
. . Divination: Senses 4 (Precognition)
. . Hypnotic Gaze: Cumulative Affliction 7 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 17; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception; Sense-dependent: Vision)
. . Infernal Healing: Healing 5 (Energizing, Restorative, Stabilize; Quirk: Hurts; wreathes the target in Hellfire.)
Speed: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +4
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 20)
Hypnotic Gaze: Cumulative Affliction 7 (DC Will 17)
Throw, +7 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 25)

Complications
Monstrous: Massive demonic looking dude.
Relationship: Member of the Starlight Pact
Responsibility: A coven of worships who venerate him as a demon lord
Temper: Balthazael has to keep his evil in check through constant acts of good.

Languages
Arabic, English, French, German, Infernal, Latin, Romanian

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 7, Fortitude 9, Toughness 10/4, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 66 + Powers 33 + Advantages 18 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 151

Welcome to the wonderful world of Brit Supers! I mean that with all due love and respect, though admittedly, they churn out some BIZARRE shit. So this guy is going to be the first in a small set of Golden Heroes conversions. I've been meaning to do the Starlight Pact for a while, almost entirely because of their member Moonlight, but we'll get to him in a bit. The Starlight Pact was the Superhero group used by Games Workshop at their Games Day event for Golden Heroes back in 1985. The group was published in White Dwarf 69, back before it was all warhammer, all the time. Great mag back then, seriously. It wasn't all that bad in the beginning of the warhammer days with templates and guides to conversions, but I digress. Back to Balthazael!

Balthazael was born Joshua X by a mother who passed in childbirth after being taken in by some nuns. Raised as an orphan, he was visited by a demon on his 13th birthday by a demon who did the whole "No, I AM YOUR FATHER!" reveal, and awakened the power of his demon blood. For 10 years he denied the evil side, but tried to learn all he could so that he could control the darker urges he now felt. This led to a throwdown with his pops; Dis, and his dad's coven. Joshua freed their sacrifice, an odd cat-girl named Grimalkin, and when his power surged to the fore, physically transforming him, the two of them ran roughshod over the coven and banished Dis. Deciding to work together, they were the first two members of the Starlight Pact, a group of heroes dedicated to keeping England safe.

So this guy's an odd little bit. He's a sorcerous quasi-brick, but not all of the time. His common tactic is to summon a hellhound and then try to use Hypnosis to sway the battle's flow. If that doesn't work, then it's all spikes and rage, and he's off to the demon races. Balthazael, like all of the Starlight Pact, is PL10, if only because they are the "floor models" for the game. I think I'm overpowering them a little, but I'm not sure it's by much, and I can live with it. They'll form the baseline for the other conversions.

Oh I almost forgot! Because the pictures I have are tiny and old, I'm including my attempts to modernize them in Hero Forge so I can print them as minis. :)

And on pass one, I totally did forget the Hellhound.

Hellhound - PL 5

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 3, Intellect -1, Awareness 1, Presence -1

Advantages
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Set-up, Startle, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 4 (+10/+6), Close Combat: Fiery Bite: Strength-based Damage 1 2 (+5), Expertise: Survival 6 (+5), Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 6 (+5), Perception 4 (+5), Stealth 8 (+10)

Powers
Fast
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Athletics +4 (+10); Limited: Running only)
. . Speed: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
Hellhound Attacks
. . Fiery Bite: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 18; Dangerous)
. . Fiery Breath: Cone Area Damage 3 (DC 18; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 13)
Infernal Body
. . Immunity: Immunity 9 (Aging, Damage Effect: Fire, Environmental Condition: Heat, Sleep, Starvation & Thirst)
. . Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Infernal Senses: Senses 6 (Acute (Type): Scent, Darkvision, Extended: Scent 1: x10, Tracking: Scent 1: -1 speed rank)

Offense
Initiative +6
Fiery Bite: Strength-based Damage 1, +5 (DC 18)
Fiery Breath: Cone Area Damage 3 (DC 18)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 17)

Complications
Weakness: Hellhounds are Toughness Impaired vs. cold attacks.

Languages
Infernal

Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 7, Fortitude 6, Toughness 3, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 16 + Powers 25 + Advantages 6 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 75
Last edited by proditor on Sun May 09, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Balthazael of Golden Heroes!)

Post by Ares »

Welcome back buddy! Glad to see you posting again. Looking forward to seeing this new set of builds.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
proditor

Post by proditor »

Thanks bossman!

I actually have some stuff saved up for once, so theoretically, I'm back for a little bit, as opposed to just doing stealth drive-bys. :D

We're in the middle of packing up the house to move, so my focus can't wander off to other pursuits as easily.
proditor

Post by proditor »

GRIMALKIN

Grimalkin - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 6, Dexterity 5, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Advantages
Agile Feint, Benefit, Athletics Based on Agility, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+14/+8), Athletics 2 (+14/+8), Close Combat: Cat's Claws 2 (+8), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise: Magic 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+5), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 10 (+11), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Force Bolts: Damage 8 3 (+8), Stealth 6 (+12)

Powers
Animal Senses: Senses 5 (Acute: Scent, Danger Sense: Scent, Tracking: Scent 1: -1 speed rank, Ultra-hearing, Ultravision)
Cat's Claws
. . Climbing Claws (Removable)
. . . . Movement: Movement 1 (Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank; Limited: Surfaces Where the Claws Can Get Purchase)
. . Swipe: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19; Dangerous 2)
Cat-like Agility (Advantages: Defensive Roll, Instant Up)
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Agility 4 (+4 AGL)
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Dexterity 4 (+4 DEX)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 19 (Traits: Acrobatics +6 (+14), Dodge +7 (+13), Athletics +6 (+14), Parry +5 (+11), Advantages: Benefit, Athletics Based on Agility)
. . Leaping: Leaping 2 (Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)
Force Bolts: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged)
Mystic Radar: Senses 3 (Accurate: Radio, Radio)
Mystic Shield: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious, Sustained)

Offense
Initiative +6
Force Bolts: Damage 8, +12 (DC 23)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 12)
Swipe: Strength-based Damage 2, +10 (DC 19)
Throw, +9 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 17)

Complications
Motivation: Acceptance: Serina Hernshaw wants to be accepted in spite of her "deformity".
Motivation: Doing Good: Serina got into all of this because she wants to do good and help others.
Prejudice: Serina is a full blown cat-girl.
Relationship: Member of the Starlight Pact.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 13/6, Parry 11/6, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7/2, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 75 + Advantages 9 + Skills 24 (47 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 155

Serina Hershaw apparently knew she was always going to be a white witch, fighting evil wherever it appeared. Fortunately for her (And not me and my dreams of being a Jedi or superhero. Not that I'm bitter. Whatever) this came true, and she developed her abilities of telekinesis, telepathy with her cat familiar, and her force shields and force blasts. She went around the country breaking up demonic covens, but she also got cocky and overconfident. Stumbling across the Servants of Dis, she got her comeuppance, and was tortured by Dis before he merged her with her cat (Giving her cat powers, but removing her telekinesis for some reason) and then set her up to be sacrificed. Fortunately Balthazael showed up to confront his father, and the after freeing Grimalkin, the two teamed up and banished Dis. Since then, they have worked together to keep the forces of evil at bay, recruiting new members in their ongoing adventures as the Starlight Pact.

So that's an origin. The thing to remember is that Grimalkin precedes decades of cat-girls. The thing that's odd about Golden Heroes, is that during character creation, you have to justify how all of your powers fit together, or you have to drop the ones that don't fit. That can lead to some really interesting backgrounds. It also leads to some lack of basics in the desire to link all of the other stuff together. We skip right past the origin of her witchcraft or mental powers, and rush ahead to the spell that merges her with her cat. I mean, okay. As far as the write-up, she's really hard to hit, but surprisingly tough. Her force bolts are more accurate than damaging for her PL, and she doesn't have many ways to increase that dramatically. Definitely a harasser character who can strike while moving and from unexpected angles with her movement abilities. She also has an odd radar sense, so that on top of the usual "cat senses" may be a bit of a surprise as well. Over all, she's interesting, but definitely stronger in a team than solo.
proditor

Re: Proditor's Pad of Pop Culture and V&V. (NEW! Grimalkin of Golden Heroes!)

Post by proditor »

MOONBLADE

Moonblade - PL 10

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion, Improved Critical 2: The Moonblade, Improved Disarm, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Precise Attack (Close, Cover), Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown 2

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat: The Moonblade 4 (+14), Expertise: Art 4 (+5), Expertise: History 8 (+9), Expertise: Magic 6 (+7), Expertise: Philosophy 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: The Moonblade 4 (+8), Stealth 4 (+7), Treatment 4 (+5)

Powers
Immortal Life: Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Starvation & Thirst, Suffocation (All))
Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds; Persistent)
The Moonblade (Easily Removable (indestructible))
. . Force Fan: Cone Area Damage 10 (force, DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20)
. . . . Force Blade: Deflect 10 (Alternate; Redirection, Reflect; Reduced Range: close)
. . . . Force Blast: Damage 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Spacial Projection: Teleport 1 (60 feet in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.; Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout)
. . Sword Strike: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 21; Affects Insubstantial: half ranks, Dangerous 2, Penetrating 6)
Tough: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)

Offense
Initiative +3
Force Blast: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
Force Fan: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 13)
Sword Strike: Strength-based Damage 3, +14 (DC 21)
Throw, +6 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 18)

Complications
Honor: Vel'Rathis has no scruples about killing an enemy. He is a man of honour who lives by his own code.
Man out of time: Unfortunately he does not understand the workings of the modern world.
Motivation: Responsibility: Great among the heroes of Albion was Vel'Rathis, wielder of the Moonblade.
Relationship: Member of the Starlight Pact

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 12, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/5, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 42 + Advantages 19 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 164

Vel'Rathis is from a time before the Ice Age. He was one of the champions of Albion who struggled against the depredations of the empire of Mu. There was a prophecy that Vel'Rathis would not die as long as Mu was still standing, so they captured him and granted him immortal life. Then they imprisoned him in his sword, unable to be released except under the full moon, and sent it to the bottom of the deepest ocean. Millenia passed and eventually Balthazael unearthed the sword because of reasons through things! He saw a cat-girl and a demon in front of him, so he attacked. They managed to calm him down enough to explain what was going on, and with absolutely nothing else to do, Vel'Rathis took the moniker Moonblade and joined the Starlight Pact.

This guy has been one of my favorites for a while. He's basically an Atlantean Ninja, I mean what's not to love about that? His power set is simple; Immortal warrior with a magic sword. Moonblade can generate force blasts or use the sword to deflect attacks. Moonblade is a skilled warrior who can alter most of his caps depending on the need at the time. I have no idea why he speaks English, but I'm going to go with some side effect of the spell that Balthazael used to find the sword.

EDIT: So I just found out that his teleport is the coolest thing ever, and makes him even more awesome. Moonblade throws his sword, his body discorporates, and reappears at his destination to snatch the sword out of the air.

THAT IS SO BALLER!!!!
Last edited by proditor on Sun May 16, 2021 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.