Fantastic Heroes & Witchery [rolegate campaign]

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Woodclaw

Re: Fantastic Heroes & Witchery [ Gandalf the Grey ]

Post by Woodclaw »

MisterB wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:45 am I'm still updating Gandalf. I will be putting magical spells seen being used by Gandalf throughout the series. So bear with me, this part is the hardest.
That kind of funny since, in D&D terms, Gandalf never used really massive spells.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MisterB

Re: Fantastic Heroes & Witchery [ Gandalf the Grey ]

Post by MisterB »

I know. lol. That's the best part about Middle Earth. Power is subtle. And that's why I love FHW. I did find a link that will be helpful though,
https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_in_Tolkien_Mythology
MisterB

Creatures of Karmyth: Draugr

Post by MisterB »

I thought it be more interesting, to do monster stats for unique creatures of my FHW/DnD world.

DRAUGR (Revenant)
Rare, Medium creature (Ruthless disposition)
No. Encountered: 3d4
Speed: 8”/20 feet
HD: 3 (d8) +2
[Hit-points: avg.: 10 ; max.: 18]
AC: 12 [Natural AC of 12] + Any Armor from their former life.
BtH: +3
Attacks: Weapons up to 1d8+2, Unarmed 1d4+2
Special: Immune to Poisons, Sleep Spells, Charm Spells. -2 to saving throws against fire damage or spells.
Saves: 14 (+2 bonus to strength saves)
Skills: One skill with a +4 bonus. Representing their skill from their former.
Morale: 14
Treasure: 1d8×1,000 cp (50%); 1d6×1,000 sp (25%); 1d3×1,000 gp (25%); 2d4 gems (30%); 1d4 jewellery (20%); magic weapon or armour (10%); 1d4 scrolls (10%)
Advancement: +1 to +4
XP: 175 xp

Draugr (pronounce drowgar) are the risen corpses of the dead. In many cases, they have been reanimated by a powerful spell caster, or through some other supernatural force. Their disposition is generally Ruthless, but a rare few are known to be Agnostic. The Draugr possess intelligence, so they are not mindless creatures. And still, possess skills from their living life. Generally, they stay to their barrow (A large mound where they were buried), but those created or summoned by spell casters are often free-roaming and are far more dangerous.

Draugr are slow creatures, and suffer a -1 penalty to their initiative rolls. But surprisingly agile. They are supernaturally strong and get a +2 to hit and damage. Most draugr wear little save what they possessed in their former life, often warriors buried with their armor and weapons. Once a Draugr has decided to kill someone, they will only stop upon their second death, or if they are turned by a turn undead power.

The Draugr in the world of Kamyth takes the role of the Ghoul and the Zombie in normal D&D. Even if they are destroyed a Draugr can return to unlife given enough time, unless their body is destroyed by fire. They suffer a -2 penalty to all fire damage effects.

Some of the more powerful Draugr, actually posses Magic spells (from the black magic school) of their own. The longer a Draugr has survived the ages, the more powerful they become. At 5HD or greater, the Draugr can expand away from their burial crypts and torment the country around them.
4 HD - Can cast spells as a 1st level Warlock (has been a draugr from 30+ years)
5 HD- Can cast spells as a 2nd level Warlock (has been a draugr for 60+ years)
6 HD- Can cast spells as a 3rd level Warlock (has been a draugr for 90+ years)
7 HD- Can cast spells as a 4th level warlock. (has been a draugr for 120+ years)
MisterB

Re: Fantastic Heroes & Witchery [ DRAUGR (Revenant) ]

Post by MisterB »

[Deleted]
Last edited by MisterB on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

I updated my campaign book on Google drive. Into a new players handbook for my new campaign.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ir ... sp=sharing
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Trying out some new ideas.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Darn it I forgot to record her Talent..
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Updated Sheet

MisterB

[ Conan the Destroyer ]

Post by MisterB »

I thought I would do a character sheet for Conan (from the 1982 movie, and the sequel Conan the Destroyer) in the FHW system (which is my D&D game of choice). It was difficult to garner information from the movies alone, so I drew on multiple sources. Wiki’s and TRPG Elements to put this sheet together. So Let’s begin, shall we?

First and foremost, this is a love experiment. I want to showcase not only the game, Fantastic Heroes, and Witchery. But my love for Conan the series, and the world of Hyboria. First off, being a barbarian is more a choice of background, not a class. So that was easy to create. His alignment/Personality was hard to pin down, it was a choice between Agnostic (Neutral) and rebellious (CG); I ended up choosing Agnostic, it seems to fit him more. his Allegiances are hard to narrow down. I could only think of the two that are listed. So I was only able to give him 2 allegiances.

Ability scores in FHW might be the old linear model for Basic D&D/BECMI rules, but every point is really worth something. Even if it may not adjust a die roll. As always I am using my own model for ability modifiers. 13-14 is +1, 15-16 is +2, 17-18 is +3. This keeps the same scale, but to me, it feels more flexible to continue the modern changes that were made in the rule book.

MisterB

Re: Fantastic Heroes & Witchery [The Celestial Court, Religious system for Karmyth)

Post by MisterB »

Here is a link to the current version of the Celestial Court, which is the major religious system for my campaign world called Karmyth. It's not finished, it needs a lot more work. But I felt it was enough to share at the moment.

Enjoy!
MisterB

Current FHW Campaign on Rolegate.

Post by MisterB »

These are the NPCs for the Forgotten Realms Campaign, Adventure's in the Heartlands. Using Fantastic heroes & witchery.

Jad, Human Fighter. Level 1
Background: Soldier, Personality: Altruistic, Motivations: Restless, Allegiances: Hugh (Merchant Caravaneer), Social background: Middle Class, Modest
Abilities: Strength 15 (+2), Dexterity 13 (+1), Constitution 14 (+1), Intelligence 9, Wisdom 9, Charisma 8 (-1)
Combat
Hit Points: 8, Vitality Points: None, BTH: +1 (+3 in melee, +2 in ranged).
Armor Class: 16 Wearing Brigandine Armor + Shield (Touch 11, Surprised 14)
Saves: 16 (+2 Strength and Constitution)
Class Skills: Specialty (Weapon & Shield Style - Shield Bashing), Battle Tactics (+2/-2)
Critical: Get another attack with another or the same target within reach.
Equipment: Brigandine armor, Medium Shield, Long Sword (1d8 damage, 8 speed), Hand Spear (1d6 damage, 6 speed),

Jad is one the Mercenaries that's permanently involved with the Caravan the players are protecting towards the next town, since Gnoll attacks are on the rise in the area. He is a very staunch and devoted protector. Since this is the forgotten realms, he is a typical Chondathan with blonde hair, and hazel eyes. He is five foot ten, and weights 190 lbs. He is a devout worshiper of Helm.
Last edited by MisterB on Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MisterB

Re: Fantastic Heroes & Witchery [The Celestial Court, Religious system for Karmyth)

Post by MisterB »

Lex, Human Fighter. Level 1
Background: Peasant, Personality: Agnostic, Motivations: Restless, Allegiances: Hugh (Merchant Caravaneer), Social Background: Middle Class, Modest
Abilities: Strength 13 (+1), Dexterity 16 (+2), Constitution 12 (+1), Intelligence 9, Wisdom 9, Charisma 8 (-1)
Combat: Hit Points: 6, Vitality Points none, BTH (+1, +2 in melee , +3 in ranged), Armor class: 14 Leather Armor (Touch 12, Surprised 12)
Saves: 16 (+2 Strength & Constitution)
Class Skills: Specialty (Archery Style - Mounted Combat), Battle Tactics (+2/-2)
Critical: Get another attack with another or the same target within reach:
Equipment: Leather Armor, Short Bow (1d6 damage, speed 6), Dagger (1d4 damage, speed 3), Throwing Spear (1d6/1d8 damage, speed 6)
Short Bio: Lex is one of Jad's best friends, and the both work for the Merchant Caravan that the players join. He's something of a smart Alec, and likes to think he's a ladies man. He is also Chondathan, and is 22 years of age. Standing six feet tall, and weights 180 lbs. He worships Lathander.