Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
SolarOracle

Spiral

Post by SolarOracle »

Spiral

Identity: Kaibara Sen, Public Identity.
Height: 1.72 meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Black.
Hair: Dark Brown.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Transformation.
Group: U.A. High School class 1-B.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City, Heights Alliance 1-B Dormitory.

Power Level 7 (PL 8 attacks) - 74 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2, Agility 1, Fighting 6, Awareness 0
Stamina 3, Dexterity 0, Intellect 1, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Gyrate
Feature: User may rapidly rotate any part of their body. [1]

Support Item - Drill Gloves: (Flaws: Removable). [8]
Strength-based Damage 4 (Extras: Penetrating 4, Improved Critical). (9)

Advantages
Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll, Power Attack

Skills
Athletics 6 (+8 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10 total).
Deception 4 (+4 total).
Expertise (Student) 6 (+7 total).
Insight 4 (+4 total).
Perception 6 (+6 total).
Persuasion 4 (+4 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +10, close damage 2.
Gyrate +10, close damage 4, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 7, Fortitude 7, Parry 10, Toughness 3/4*, Will 5
*4 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Kaibara is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like his classmates. What type of hero he desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

26 Abilities, 9 Powers, 4 Advantages, 16 Skills, 19 Defenses = 74 Character Points

About: Kaibara is a silent guy who seems to be level-headed and calm at all times, but who gets excited in the heat of battle. His quirk, Gyrate, allows him to freely rotate any part of his body at will at high speeds, an ability he mostly uses for dealing powerful attacks in combat.

Kaibara hasn't got much screentime, with his only prominent scene being his fight in the joint training arc, where he is shown to be pretty skilled and powerful, as he was able to keep up and even tire out Ojiro in their fight.

For me, Kaibara seems like a less "edgy" and dark toned down Todoroki, in a sense, as he is shown to be a cool, silent and serious guy, but he is also said to be oftenly dragged along in the antics of others, which seems like an interesting combination of personality traits for me. Other than that, Kaibara never stood up for me, mostly because of his VERY generic design in a setting where basically every character looks unique as fuck. His quirk is pretty cool tho, as someone fighting by turning their hands into dills and using those to deal massive damage is very Gurren Lagann for me in the best of ways! I like how he is shown to be really skilled as well, because it is a power that could easily be made a joke of, keeping up with the trope of the series of turning seemingly useless powers into very powerful due to the creativity and usage their users apply to them.

Outfits: Kaibara normally wears his shool outfit, like his classmates. His hero costume constitutes of a large trench coat, with a bodysuit beneath it. He also wears spiral-design bracers, and his "Drill Gloves", a pair of gloves with metal fingers and a spiral carved into it, which he uses to increase the destructive power of his attacks.
SolarOracle

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no Hero Academia Update

Post by SolarOracle »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:44 am In fact, it looks like a lot of MHA characters don't just take superhero tropes and play with them, but it seems to be shifting MANGA tropes around, too!
That is probably one of the biggest draws of the series for me. It is not really done in a subversive "I'll reinvent the genre" way, but in a way that shows that the author has a lot of respect and understanding for the tropes of both shonen manga and superheroes, but shifting them around in interesting and exciting ways.
SolarOracle

Jack Mantis

Post by SolarOracle »

Jack Mantis

Identity: Kamakiri Togaru, Public Identity.
Height: 1.89 meters.
Eyes: Green.
Hair: Green.
Skin: Blue (manga) or yellowish-green (anime).
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City, Heights Alliance 1-B Dormitory.

Power Level 8 (PL 9 Attacks) - 97 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 3, Agility 3, Fighting 6, Awareness 2
Stamina 3, Dexterity 1, Intellect 0, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Razor Sharp
Strength-based Damage 3 (Extras: Split, Penetrating 4, Improved Critical). [9]

Create Blades Beneath Feet: Movement 1 (Sure-Footed). [2]

Advantages
Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+8 total).
Athletics 10 (+13 total).
Close Combat (Blades) 3 (+12 total).
Deception 3 (+3 total).
Expertise (Student) 5 (+5 total).
Insight 5 (+7 total).
Intimidation 8 (+8 total).
Perception 7 (+9 total).

Offense
Initiative +7
Unarmed +9, close damage 3.
Blades +12, close damage 6, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 10, Fortitude 8, Parry 12, Toughness 3/4*, Will 5
*4 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Kamakiri is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like his classmates. What type of hero he desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

36 Abilities, 11 Powers, 6 Advantages, 23 Skills, 21 Defenses = 97 Character Points

About: Kamakiri is an aggressive and hot blooded guy who has the head of a praying mantis. He seems to really enjoy fighting and combat. He is said to regularly train with Tetsutetsu and sees Bakugo as a rival. His quirk, Razor Sharp, allows his to create blades anywhere from his body, with those being strong enough to cut through metal pipes.

Kamakiri's only real screentime was during the joint training arc, where he and his team fought off against Bakugo's team, with Kamakiri being able to dodge Bakugo's explosions and surprising Bakugo with his speed and reaction time.

Kamakiri is an insanely cool character idea for me, with his unique design and awesome power being most of the reason for that, but with his hero name, Jack Mantis, appealing to me in a very irrational way. Him being a sort-of combination of Bakugo and Tokoyami is interesting to me as well, with him seeming to be as angry as Bakugo, but with a dark collor scheme and generally "edgier" (heh, get it?) character concept with his seamingly "I live for the fight" mentality. I really hope we get to see more of him in the spotlight, tho I suspect that won't be the case.

Outfits: Kamakiri is usually wearing his school uniform. His hero costume constitutes of a black ragged cloak, a black mask and a pair of black pants, as well as a black pair of tall boots.
SolarOracle

Vantablack

Post by SolarOracle »

Scheming Hero: Vantablack

Identity: Kuroiro Shirai, Public Identity.
Height: 1.76 meters.
Eyes: White.
Hair: White.
Skin: Black.

Power Level 7 - 108 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 2, Fighting 4, Awareness 0
Stamina 2, Dexterity 1, Intellect 0, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Black
Merge With Black Objects: Movement 3 (Permeate 3) (Flaws: Limited to black objects or objects covered by dark shadows or darkness), linked to Feature: May merge body with black objects, including objects smaller than user. [4]

Move Through Merged Object’s Surface: Movement 3 (Slithering, Wall-Crawling 2) (Flaws: Limited to the surface of merged objects), linked to Speed 2 (30 Km/H or 16 MpH) (Flaws: Limited to the surface of merged objects). [2.5]

Merge With Black Creatures: Affliction 8 (Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Possession, Subtle, Insidious) (Flaws: Limited to black targets or targets covered by dark shadows or darkness). [32]

Advantages
Assessment, Defensive Roll, Improved Hold, Move-by Action

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6 total).
Athletics 2 (+3 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+8 total).
Deception 8 (+8 total).
Expertise (Student) 8 (+8 total).
Insight 4 (+4 total).
Perception 6 (+6 total)
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).
Stealth 11 (+13 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +8, close damage 1.
Control Black Creatures +4, close affliction (Dazed/Compelled/Controlled), Will DC 18.

Defense
Dodge 9, Fortitude 5, Parry 10, Toughness 2/3*, Will 6
*3 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Kuroiro is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like his classmates. What type of hero he desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

May Only Merge With Black Things: Kuroiro’s quirk only allows him to merge his body to black objects or objects that are covered by shadows or darkness. If he is merged with an object that is covered by darkness and that object is illuminated, he will be immediately forced to unmerge with that object.

20 Abilities, 38.5 Powers, 4 Advantages, 23.5 Skills, 21 Defenses = 108 Character Points

About: Kuroiro seems to be another "chuunybyou" character, similarly to Tokoyami, who is very socially awkward around others (to the point that he thinks girls are into him if they talk to him) and keeps a persona of a deceitful and manipulative, matching his concept as a hero. His quirk, simply named Black, allows him to merge with other black objects, with him being able to merge better the darker the object is (this includes objects being covered in shadow or darkness), and he later learned to manipulate objects he merged with, including other beings, apparently. He has a crush on his classmate, Komori, that seems to be somewhat reciprocal.

Kuroiro's only real screentime was during the joint training arc, where he fought against some class A students with other members of his class, and antagonized Tokoyami a lot during most of it, using his power to control Dark Shadow and using the presumption of others that he would target only Tokoyami against them, managing to sneak attack others of Tokoyami's team.

Kuroiro is a pretty cool character overall to me, mostly because of his unique quirk. Personalitywise, he is a funny concept to me, mostly because I've known some people in my life who acted similarly: being socially awkward to the extreme, but keeping up a confidant and anime-esche persona to feel cool or whatever, so he feels really interesting to me. As for his build, his power was REALLY awkward because it's one of those things that is terrible to represent in Mutants and Masterminds, and I feel like the way I ended up doing could be improved upon, I don't know.

Appearance: Kuroiro normally wears his school clothing. His hero outfit is a simple black bodysuit with white shoes and a pair of white bracelets.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Seeing the "B-Class" is interesting, because it A) shows the variety in the setting, and B) makes the main heroes actually look a little better because the characters beneath them in the tiers also show some power.

It's interesting that the rookies still manage to hit PL 8-9- is the setting that high-powered in general? Obviously they're not quite well-balanced, and many are more "attack power" than "defense", but does the standard Shonen Power Escalation strike often enough to make most of the characters uber-powerful in M&M terms after a point?

I do like the Mantis dude- very "Gamera" like in a way. Vantablack is very similar to the Acolytes member "Neophyte", who could merge with stuff and sorta "teleport" along a continuous surface (like disappearing into a castle wall and being able to pop out anywhere in the castle as a result).
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Id say it does strike often enough at any rate. Look at the battle between overhaul and Deku where Deku cuts loose with not quite his full power but with a close to 100% version and obliterates overhaul in 3 moves basically

or Lemillion kicking overhauls rear end around the block despite certain events happening to him
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:22 am
It's interesting that the rookies still manage to hit PL 8-9- is the setting that high-powered in general? Obviously they're not quite well-balanced, and many are more "attack power" than "defense", but does the standard Shonen Power Escalation strike often enough to make most of the characters uber-powerful in M&M terms after a point?
The overall power level of MHA is hard to gauge at times. The way Quirks work are often are actually quite different from the way superpowers tend to work in most modern comics. They actually lend themselves more to the way you'd see superpowers manifest in the Legion of Superheroes or X-Men during the Silver and Bronze Ages, where you'd get people with a single superpower, often with a unique limitation on them.

To my mind, the average Pro Hero in MHA isn't as powerful or versatile as your average superhero in Marvel or DC. Their abilities also frequently have limitations to them. One hero has the power of phasing, but unlike Kitty Pryde, he has to exert a lot more control over how he phases. When he phases, he can't breath. Actually, when he phases his face, he can't see either, because the light phases through the parts of his eyes that would normally collect them. And if he phases his entire body, he starts to sink into the ground. So simply walking through a wall is a three step process for him:

1) Phase everything but one leg to support him.
2) Stick phased leg through and then solidify just enough of it so that you can place a solid foot on the ground.
3) Phase your other leg, bring everything else through, and unphase.

Luckily, his power also prevents him from getting "stuck" in an object, as shutting his power off will simply cause him to be expelled from the object he was inside of. So if he phases into the ground, the ground will actually spit him back out at a speed equal to how far down he was.

You also get heroes with powers that can range from "create metal evaporating fire" to "Has superhuman hearing" or "Has telepathy, but can only project thoughts, not receive them".

At the same time, the average Pro Hero tends to be much better trained than the average DC/Marvel hero, given that there's a multi-year training program and an apprentice program before you even get to become a proper superhero. Unless you were a part of the Byrne/Claremont X-Men that trained constantly, were on an Avengers squad where Capt. America ran frequent drills, or were on a team with a Bat-Family member that encouraged regular training, then the average MHA hero likely has had more training in teamwork, civilian rescue and similar things than you.

Likewise, you're more likely to find Pro Heroes who have had some serious combat training unrelated to their powers. You'd occasionally get heroes like Cyclops or Kyle Rayner who had received martial arts training in case their powers didn't work, and it's not uncommon for an Avenger to suddenly whip out martial arts skills, claiming they've been trained "by Captain America himself". But in a lot of cases, if a superhero loses their powers, they're usually just humans who are in solid shape with some basic fighting ability.

Meanwhile, since a lot of MHA heroes will have powers that aren't combat focused, they'll receive hand-to-hand training and carry weapons of some variety. One Pro Hero, Eraser Head, has the ability to take away someone else's Quirk so long as he can focus his gaze on them. In order to fully capitalize on this Quirk, he's basically trained himself to be a Batman-style martial arts master and ninja, carrying some gear that let him take on a squad of villains by himself. It's not uncommon to see your average Pro Hero carry a collapsible baton, a few minor weapons or something similar.

Pro Heroes in MHA are also more likely to have Spider-Man style gear to augment their performance. They'll have gear that lets them focus their powers better, compensate for limits their powers have, or give their power more versatility. One character has the ability to fire powerful energy beams from his abdomen, but over used of it causes his stomach pain. He wears a belt that helps him focus his blast more precisely, and eases the pain for his stomach. Likewise, there's a character who can generate massive amounts of electricity, but he can only release it in an AoE burst. He got outfitted with a wrist device that launches small metal disks that can attach to surfaces, and act as lightning rods for his power, granting him a measure of precision with his abilities.

And that said, there are several heroes that would easily be on par with the heroes of Marvel or DC. All-Might in his prime could have been a solid fight for the Hulk or Superman. The American hero Captain Celebrity is more or less a Thing-class flying brick thanks to tactile telekinesis. Endeavor can produce stupid amounts of heat and flame, and has a degree of superhuman strength and toughness as well.

I think generally speaking, MHA lacks more "top tier" heroes in the Superman/Hulk power category, but you have a wide range of power levels from the Spider-Man to the Thing range.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:22 am It's interesting that the rookies still manage to hit PL 8-9- is the setting that high-powered in general? Obviously they're not quite well-balanced, and many are more "attack power" than "defense", but does the standard Shonen Power Escalation strike often enough to make most of the characters uber-powerful in M&M terms after a point?
To be honest, the first few students on Class B's rollcall seem to be some of the strongest in terms of what we are shown them doing in battle. They PL ended up being that high mostly because of how they ended up comparing with people like Bakugo, Tokoyami and Midoriya, who I would say are above the average pro hero in terms of power. Feels kind of awkward for me to PL them this high, but since they managed to stand some ground against them, I felt like that was appropriate.

The thing about pro heroes tho is that not all of them are combat oriented, with many favoring rescue situations and the like, so the overall PL kind of floats. I would say that your average pro hero should be around PL 7-12 or so, but with some being lower than that due to not being combat oriented, and a few characters (All Might specially) being above that.
SolarOracle

Battle Fist

Post by SolarOracle »

This is probably the only Class B characters with good artwork out there.

Battle Fist

Identity: Kendo Itsuka, Public Identity.
Height: 1.66 meters.
Eyes: Teal.
Hair: Orange.
Skin: Light.

Power Level 8 - 99 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 3, Agility 2, Fighting 8, Awareness 1
Stamina 3, Dexterity 2, Intellect 1, Presence 1

Powers
Quirk - Big Fist
Unarmed Damage +2 (Extras: Reach, Split). [4]
Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaws: Limited to Lifting). [3]
Enhanced Advantage 3 (Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold). [3]

Super Move! - Double Jumbo Fist: Strength-based Damage 3. [3]

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Close Attack, Defensive Roll, Improved Critical (Unarmed)

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6 total).
Athletics 9 (+12 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+10 total).
Deception 3 (+4 total).
Expertise (Student) 11 (+12 total).
Insight 4 (+5 total).
Perception 7 (+8 total).
Persuasion 5 (+6 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +10, close damage 5, critical 19-20.
Double Jumbo Fist +10, close damage 6, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 7, Parry 11, Toughness 3/4*, Will 6
*4 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Kendo is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like her classmates. What type of hero she desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

42 Abilities, 13 Powers, 4 Advantages, 22 Skills, 18 Defenses = 99 Character Points

About: Kendo is a friendly, easigoing and considerate chick who is the class rep for class 1-B. She was the first class B student to approach class A in a non-antagonistic way, and became friends with Yaoyorozu after they both had their hero internships with the same pro hero (which ended up being them recording a hairspray commercial, which they both got picked for due to being pretty). She also interacts a lot with Monoma, being the one to cut him off whenever he begins to taunt and antagonize class A. Her quirk, Big Fist, allows her to increase the size of her fists.

Among the class B students, Kendo is among the ones who get more screentime, having had a fight during the training camp arc together with Tetsutetsu, with them together defeating Mustard, a viillain whose quirk allows him to create poisonous gas, one of the few fights in the series not centered on class 1-A students. She also got a lot of screentime in the joint training arc, where she told Yaoyorozu how she felt outlclassed and weak compared to her, giving her some depth as a character and giving hwer team some motivation to defeat Yaoyorozu's in the training fight.

Kendo is a cool character overall, probably because of how original and interesting her power is for me, and because of the depth she shows as a character throughout the series, something that is rare in class B students due to the limited screentime most of them had. Her super move, Double Jumbo Fist, constitutes of her striking with both of her magnified fists in a cross chop.

Outfits: Kendo usually wears her school outfit. Her hero outfit consists of a teal chinese dress with a black corset, a brown belt attached to a small satchel and a brown lether strap on her tigh, with a pair of black short pants below the dress. She also wears a pair of black and white boots and a black domino mask with long straps.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SolarOracle

Rule

Post by SolarOracle »

Rule

Identity: Kodai Yui, Public Identity.
Height: 1.60 meters.
Eyes: Cerulean.
Hair: Black.
Quirk Type: Emitter.

Power Level 6 - 73 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 0, Fighting 4, Awareness 0
Stamina 2, Dexterity 1, Intellect 1, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Size
Gigantify Objects: Growth 8 (Extras: Affects Others, Affects Objects) (Flaws: Limited to Objects, Limited to Others). (16) -- [18]
  • AE: Shrink Objects: Shrinking 4 (Extras: Affects Others, Affects Objects) (Flaws: Limited to Objects, Limited to Others). (8)
  • AE: Gigantify Thrown Objects: Feature 6: +3 damage to ranged damage made with improvised thrown weapons. (6)
Advantages
Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll, Improvised Weapon, Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Athletics 5 (+5 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8 total).
Deception 1 (+1 total).
Expertise (Student) 8 (+9 total).
Perception 5 (+5 total).
Persuasion 1 (+1 total).
Ranged Combat (Thrown Objects) 5 (+9 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +9, close damage 0.
Thrown Objects +9, ranged damage 3.

Defense
Dodge 7, Fortitude 4, Parry 8, Toughness 2/3*, Will 5
*3 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Kodai is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like her classmates. What type of hero she desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

Hand Dependent Quirk: Kodai’s quirk will only deactivate after she connects the tips of all her fingers, meaning her hands cannot be occupied or bound in order for her quirk to be able to deactivate and for objects with changed size to be returned to normal, tho they will still return to normal after a certain amount of time.

18 Abilities, 18 Powers, 7 Advantages, 13 Skills, 17 Defenses = 73 Character Points

About: Kodai is an aloof and silent somewhat archetypal "kuudere" type of chick. She is aloof to the point of her having a fan club in middle school (I assume because of her looks) but graduated without ever finding out about it. Her quirk, Size, aloows her to manipulate the size of objects she touches, being able to either reduce them up to halff their size or considerably increase their size. A guy with a similar quirk showed up in an anime-only fight against Todoroki during the provisional entreance exam, curiously enough, who was also able to gigantify objetcs.

Most of Kodai's screentime was during the joint training arc, where she used her quirk to gigantify construction pieces she had thrown on her adversaried, which were very effective in disrupting the A class team her group fought's defense.

Kodai is very meh to me. She isn't really memorable or anything and just feels like a boring character overall, with even her quirk being sort of boring to me (tho her applications of it are pretty cool). She and her power are kind of a proto-Uraraka and Mount Lady, as originally her power was going to be Uraraka's, but Horikoshi divided that into three characters when making the final draft of the story. She is also a reference to Ultraman, with her costume's color scheme and design and the size-changing powers and all (tho hers don't allow her to grow herself).

Appearance: Kodai is normally wearing her school outfit, like her classmates. Her hero costume constitutes of a red and white bodysuit with a "V" pattern on her chest and upper arms. She also wears a pair of plain white bracers, a belt and a red baseball cap with a white fin-like attachment on its back.
Ian Turner

Post by Ian Turner »

One thing I like about My Hero Academia is that the design sensibilities of the powers are so incredibly out there, from my perspective. I've read superhero comics for four decades, and played superhero RPGs ranging from Villains & Vigilantes, to GURPS, to Aberrant, to M&M, and gotten so totally used to the 'staples' of tank, blaster, brick, animal-chick, etc. that it's just utterly mind-boggling to me to see something so new and fresh as 'has engines on his legs that allow him to run fast and kick hard.'

Sure, not all of them are winners, for me. I'm not at all into the dude who shoots tape out of his elbows, but it's great to see an entire school full of kids that are so much more creative than 'telepath #87421' or 'the one that flies and shoots fire.'
SolarOracle

Shemage

Post by SolarOracle »

Shemage

Identity: Komori Kinoko, Public Identity.
Height: 1.52 meters.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Light Brown.
Quirk Type: Emitter.

Power Level 5 (PL 10 Attack) - 93 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 0, Fighting 3, Awareness 1
Stamina 2, Dexterity 0, Intellect 0, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Mushroom
Create 8 (Mushrooms) (Extras: Continuous, Innate) (Flaws: Limited to covering surfaces with mushrooms, Quirk - Mushrooms take longer to create in arid areas). [16]

Cover With Mushrooms: Feature 4: Covers characters with mushrooms, allowing them to be seen even if they are invisible (Flaws: Limited to targets in areas covered by mushrooms). [2]

Sprout Mushrooms in Throat: Perception Range Affliction 10 (Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated) (Flaws: Quirk - Does not affect characters who haven’t breathed near user’s quirk). [29]

Support Item - Squirt Guns: (Flaws: Easily Removable). [1]
Feature: User can moisturize and humidify their surroundings. (1)

Advantages
Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll, Ranged Attack 2

Skills
Athletics 2 (+2 total).
Deception 4 (+4 total).
Expertise (Student) 4 (+4 total).
Insight 2 (+3 total).
Perception 4 (+5 total).
Persuasion 4 (+4 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +5, close damage 0.
Choke With Mushrooms, perception range affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated), Fortitude DC 20.

Defense
Dodge 5, Fortitude 4, Parry 7, Toughness 2/3*, Will 3
*3 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero Idol!: Komori, despite her usual shyness, wants to one day become an idol, as well as a hero.

Shyness: Komori, despite being more carefree and easygoing while in her hero costume, seems to normally feel uncomfortable in social situations.

Air Dependent Quirk: Komori’s quirk works by emitting spores from her body that sprout into mushrooms when they touch a surface in a humid environment. Because of that, it can be assumed that her quirk would not work as well in environments with air currents that carry her spores away and hinder their spreads. Her Choke With Mushroom attack is also based on an enemy breathing in the spores of her quirk, meaning that an enemy holding their breath or being careful can avoid being targeted by it.

12 Abilities, 48 Powers, 4 Advantages, 16 Skills, 13 Defenses = 93 Character Points

About: Komori seems to be a usually shy and reserved chick, whose eyes are always covered by her hair, but who seems to be more playful and confident, doing many mushroom-themed puns, while in her hero costume. She dreams to become an idol someday, contrasting with her usual shy demeanor. Her quirk, Mushroom, allows her to release soires from her body that immediately sprout into mushrooms upon making contact with a surface, allowing her to create insane amounts of mushroom covering objects in mere instants.

Most of the spotlight Komori got, like most other class 1-B members, was during the joint training arc, where she used her power to counter Hagakure's invisibility by covering her body with mushrooms and to allow Kuroiro to hide himself by merging with a black mushroom she created. However, her most impressive feat was her sprouting a mushroom from inside Tokoyami's throat (an attack that sounds FUCKING HORRIFYING to me, seriously!), quickly incapacitating him. The two however, bonded later on, when she apologized for doing that and asked Tokoyami about his internship with the pro hero Hawks.

Komori is an interesting character to me, with her power being pretty creative and cool, specially her terrifying sprout-a-mushroom-inside-your-throat attack. Her character seems pretty interesting as well, another twist on the anime cliché of the shy secret-idol girl, which is pretty fun. I hope we get to see her in action more in the future.

Outfits: Komori usually wears her school uniform. Her hero costume is a long-sleeved mushroom themed white-dotted red dress with furred cuffs, coupled with a large mushroom-themed hat, a black belt and a pair of tall pink boots with muushroom-themed frills. She also uses her Squit Guns, water sprays she uses to humidify the air around her that are shaped like mushrooms.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

LOL, interesting character- like a combination of someone's Rule 63 Smut of Toad merged with a goofy socially-awkward misfit.
SolarOracle

Vine

Post by SolarOracle »

Vine

Identity: Shiozaki Ibara, Public Identity.
Height: 1.67 meters.
Eyes: Dark green.
Hair: Green vines.
Skin: Light.
Quirk Type: Mutant.

Power Level 7 (PL 11 Quirk) - 117 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 0, Fighting 4, Awareness 2
Stamina 2, Dexterity 0, Intellect 1, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Vines
Extra Limbs 4. [4]
Elongation 3 (Flaws: Limited to vines). [1.5]
Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaws: Limited to vines). [4]
Enhanced Advantage 4 (Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Fast Grab, Improved Trip) (Flaws: Limited to vines). [2]

Super Move! - Via Dolorosa: Strength-based Damage 0. (Extras: Multiattack 4, Reach 30, Triggered - whenever someone touches a vine, Feature: User targets a general area within reach and the effect triggers whenever someone touches a vine in that area). (36) -- [40]
  • Dynamic AE: Super Move! - Faith’s Shield: Deflect 11 (Extras: Dynamic). (12)
  • Dynamic AE: Super Move! - Crucifixion: Affliction 11 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobile and Defenseless) (Extras: Dynamic, Extra Condition, Cumulative) (Flaws: Grab-Based, Limited Degree). (23)
Advantages
Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll

Skills
Athletics 5 (+5 total).
Close Combat (Vines) 3 (+10 total).
Expertise (Student) 10 (+11 total).
Insight 4 (+6 total).
Perception 6 (+8 total).
Persuasion 5 (+5 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +7, close damage 0.
Vines +10, close damage 4.
Crucifixion +10, close affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobile and Defenseless), Dodge DC 21.

Defense
Dodge 10, Fortitude 5, Parry 11, Toughness 2/3*, Will 8
*3 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Shiozaki is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like her classmates. What type of hero she desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

18 Abilities, 52.5 Powers, 4 Advantages, 16.5 Skills, 26 Defenses = 117 Character Points

About: Shiozaki is a very religious and humble chick, to the point of she putting prayer in the middle of her sentences and often calling others sinners, who has thron-covered vines in place of her hair. She seems to have amazing control of her quirk, Vines, which allows her to control, elongate and attack with her hair, using it to quickly immobilize her opponents. All her super moves are also named with a Christianity theming, and her hero name was previously Maria before changing to Vine.

Shiozaki is shown to be VERY powerful throughout the series, with her almost immediately disposing of Kaminari in her fight against him during the sports festival, and later on, in the joint training arc, being able to use her power to hamper and limit the mobility of class A to insane degrees, using her Via Dolorosa technique to quickly capture Kaminari and using her Faith's Shield and Crucifixion to protect her and her team from his electrical attacks completely, which shows just how strong she is.

Shiozaki is a pretty funny character to me, and I really enjoy her interactions with others. Her quirk is pretty interesting, with "person who controls their hair" not really being a novel or new concept, but with the design twist of it being vines, helping with her Chritianity theme thing, as her hair resembles a crown of thorns or whatever. I remember reading somewhere that she was originally going to be a class A character before being shifted to class B, which is pretty interesting, as I can easily see her interacting with the main cast. Her PL ended up being kind of all over the place, with PL 7 defenses and a few PL 10.5 attacks, but I ended up having to do that due to how quickly her power deals with others and how effectively she is shown to use it. I really hope Shiozaki gets more screentime in the future.

Outfits: Shiozaki usually wears her regular school clothing. Her hero costume is a long white robe with a pair of boots, keeping whith her religious theme.
SolarOracle

Gevaudan

Post by SolarOracle »

Gevaudan

Identity: Shishida Juroda, Public Identity.
Height: 1.74 meters.
Eyes: Unknown, covered by glasses.
Hair: Brown.
Skin: Tan.

Power Level 7 (PL 8 Roaring Rage) - 78 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1/5*, Agility 0, Fighting 5, Awareness 1
Stamina 3/7*, Dexterity 0, Intellect 4/-1*, Presence 0
*Intellect -1 in Beast Form. Strength 5 and Stamina 7 while in Beast Form.

Powers
Quirk - Beast
Feature: User’s body is covered in fur. [1]

Beast Form: Growth 4 (Strength and Stamina +4, Mass +4, Intimidation +2, Size +1, Stealth -4, Dodge and Parry -2) (Extras: Reaction) (Flaws: Reduced Dodge 2, Reduced Parry 2, Reduced Intellect 5), linked to Senses 1 (Extended Scent), linked to Speed 1 (8 Km/H/4MpH). [8]

Super Move! - Roaring Rage: Strength-based Damage 1 (Flaws: Quirk - Can only be used while in Beast Form), linked to Leaping 2 (30 ft.) (Flaws: Quirk - Can only be used while in Beast Form). [1]

Advantages
Close Attack 2, Improved Critical (Beast Form), Improved Initiative, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+1 total).
Athletics 4 (+5 total, +9 Beast Form).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9 total).
Deception 2 (+2 total).
Expertise (Student) 9 (+13 total, +8 Beast Form)
Insight 4 (+5 total).
Intimidation 3 (+3 total, +5 size).
Perception 4 (+5 total).
Persuasion 3 (+3 total).

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed (Human Form) +9, close damage 1.
Unarmed (Beast Form) +9, close damage 5, critical 19-20.
Roaring Rage +9, close damage 6, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 8/4*, Fortitude 5/9*, Parry 10/6*, Toughness 3/7*, Will 5
*Dodge and Parry -4 and Fortitude and Toughness +4 in Beast Form.

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Shishida is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like his classmates. What type of hero he desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

Diminished Intellect: While in his Beast Form, Shishida becomes more enthusiastic and emotional, as well as generally less rational.

28 Abilities, 10 Powers, 5 Advantages, 16 Skills, 19 Defenses = 78 Character Points

About: Shishida is an intelligent, eloquent and studious guy who comes from a very well manered and restrictive family. His quirk, Best, allows him to turn into a powerful beastial creature. He seems to have an admiration for U.A.'s groundskeeper, the hero Hound Dog, because of how similar their powers are, and wishes he could live in a more liberated way like him, but cannot because of his upbringing.

Shishida gained the most prominance, like most class B students, during the joint training arc, where he's shown how capable he was at using his quirk, by using his "Re-Beast" ability, which allowed him to turn back into his more agile and smaller "human form" to dodge incoming attacks, to then return to his "beast form" to gain better mobility and attack power, tanking the electrical attacks of Kaminari and even being able to overpower Kirishima.

Shishida seems to be a pretty clear reference to Beast from the X-Men books, from his personality, his appearance and even the name of his quirk, something that is really cool. He is a pretty interesting, if somewhat boring, character to me overall, mostly because of how his personality differs from the rest of his class. His quirk really appeals to me as well, tho I'm not sure why, something about people turning into giant monsters is awesome, and him being able to activate and deactivate it as quickly as he is able to is very interesting. He ended up being a PL 6.5 with PL 7 attacks and a PL 7.5 Super Move, his Roaring Rage, where he leaps towards an air born enemies and delivers a powerful strike to them. I considered doing his quirk as an Alternate Form effect or whatever, but that seemed unnecessary and I couldn't find the exact ruling for that, LOL.

Outfits: Shishida usually wears his school clothing. His hero costume is a pair of colored goggles, a pair of pants and a neckpiece. Other than that, he is shirtless in his hero costume, showing his fur.