Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MarvelLion

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no Hero Academia Update

Post by MarvelLion »

Gotta' love the Pussycats! Especially Tiger, whom I can take seriously despite his outfit matching the other three. I also agree with y'all, that Pixie-Bob was more than a bit creepy. In my opinion, her one line gave Mineta a run for his money!
SolarOracle

Tiger

Post by SolarOracle »

Couldn't find the source for this fanart, sorry.

Tiger

Identity: Chatora Yawara, Public Identity.
Height: 1.90 meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Unknown.
Hair: Brown.
Skin: Tan.
Quirk Type: Transformation.
Group: Pro Hero, Wild, Wild Pussycats.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 8 - 101 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 4, Agility 1, Fighting 6, Awareness 1
Stamina 5, Dexterity 0, Intellect 1, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Pilabody
Insubstantial 1 (Extras: Precise). [6]
Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Hold, Fast Grab). [2]
Malleability: Feature 2: Unarmed and Claw attacks made by the user gain the Reach extra. [2]

Support Item - Cat Gloves: (Flaws: Removable). [4]
Strength-based Damage 2 (Extras: Split, Improved Critical). (4)

Support Item - Cat Ear Headphones: (Flaws: Removable). [5]
Communication 2 (Radio) (Extras: Area) (Flaws: Limited 2 - To those in the same communication channel). (6)

Advantages
Close Attack 2, Improved Disarm, Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+2 total).
Athletics 4 (+8 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10 total).
Close Combat (Claws) 2 (+10 total).
Deception 2 (+4 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 4 (+5 total).
Insight 3 (+4 total).
Intimidation 6 (+8 total).
Perception 4 (+5 total).
Persuasion 2 (+4 total).
Treatment 2 (+3 total).

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +10, close damage 4.
Claws +10, close damage 6, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 9, Fortitude 8, Parry 10, Toughness 5/6*, Will 7
*6 with defensive roll.

Complications

None.

40 Abilities, 19 Powers, 5 Advantages, 16 Skills, 21 Defenses = 101 Character Points

About: Tiger is a very muscular, strict and intimidating guy and another member of the Wild, Wild Pussycats. His quirk, Pilabody, allows him to stretch, bend and flatten his body at will, giving him great flexibility he uses for combat, which combined with his incredible strength, makes him a powerful combatant, but also helps him with rescue missions, as it allows him to through narrow spaces with ease.

Tiger is the more "powerhouse-y" of his team, managing to keep up with the likes of Miodoriya during the Training Camp arc, and dealing with Spinner and Magne together with Mandalay. He's shown to be gruff and intimidating, not taking it easy on the students he is training, but is also shown to be caring and concerned with their development, demanding them to give it their all, which makes for a fun dynamic. Later on, in the Hideout Raid arc, Tiger is the one to rescue Ragdoll, even having to stand up to goddamn All For One for that, which is really impressive (tho he is easily defeated, but yeah.)

Another interesting thing abgout Tiger is the fact that he is trans, something explained in his character bio on the volume extras, which is mostly something played for as an (I think?) a joke, saying that he used to be a woman "until she visited Thailand." Regardless, I think positive trans representation in manga, especially in mainstream shonen manga, is something to be celebrated, and I feel like the series managed to do it in a real good way so far.

Tiger is a cool character. His role in the Hideout Raid arc is probably one of the highpoints of that arc for me, happening right before the AWESOME All Might vs AFO fight. His quirk is pretty interesting too, and I like how he uses it as something to amplify his combat potential, which is pretty clever for a power that I would imagine would usually be used more for defensive stuff. I love the contrast his personality has with the rest of his team too.

Outfits: Chatora's civilian attire seems to be simple clothes, like a cat print t-shirt, a pair of knee-length pants and a pair of sneakers. His hero costume is a brown striped vest, a poofy brown skirt with an orange utility belt that has a cat paw-shaped buckler and a striped brown and white tail attached, a pair of furred brown tall boots with metal soles, a pair of clawed cat gloves he uses for combat and a set of brown communicator headsets that are styylized to look like cat ears.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Pixie-Bob

Post by Jabroniville »

SolarOracle wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:14 am
A comical character trait she has too is her frustrarion with her age, hitting on the male U.A. students after they complete the survival training, something that makes them uncomfortable (which is VERY justifiable, like, what the fuck?) and she getting mad at Midoriya when she and Manddalay first show up and he gives a small intro to them that includes their age, with Pixie-Bob saying she is 18 at heart, which is a pretty funny character trait.
An attractive 31-year old woman making passes at young male schoolchildren?

It's kinda funny how this show pulls off the "Themed Team". Instead of having similar powers (like how Marvel would do it), they have some pretty disparate abilities (including the "Low-Grade Physical Power" trait of the muscular guy- just stretching a bit; and SUMMONING for one character), and merely unify themselves via costumes and gear. Looks like this world is just too crazy inventive to ever rest on the default stuff that comics tended to (especially in the '90s).
SolarOracle

Ingenium (Tensei)

Post by SolarOracle »

Turbo Hero: Ingenium

Identity: Iida Tensei, Public Identity.
Height: 1.83 meters.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: Black (manga) or dark blue (anime).
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Mutant.
Group: Team Idaten, Pro Hero.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Hosu City.

Power Level 11 - 147 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2, Agility 5, Fighting 7, Awareness 2
Stamina 4, Dexterity 3, Intellect 5, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Engine
Recipro Turbo: Speed 6 (240 Km/H or 120 MpH) (Flaws: Source - Grape Juice). [4]
Leaping 1 (15 feet). [1]

High-Speed Kick: Strength-based Damage 3. [3]

Super Move! - Rocket Charge: Flight 5 (120 Km/H or 60 MpH) (Flaws: Limited to not being able to use speed, flight or leaping effects the following turn). (5) -- [6]
  • AE: Super Move! - Recipro Burst: Speed +2 (Speed 8 Total) (Flaws: Limited to not being able to use speed, flight or leaping effects in the following turn). (1)
Advantages
Assessment, Benefit - Ingenium’s Legacy, Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 2, Inspire 4, Leadership, Move-by Action, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+9 total).
Athletics 12 (+14 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+15 total).
Deception 4 (+6 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 4 (+9 total).
Insight 6 (+10 total).
Investigation 4 (+9 total).
Perception 4 (+6 total).
Persuasion 6 (+8 total).
Treatment 1 (+6 total).

Offense
Initiative +13
Unarmed +15, close damage 2.
Boosted Kick +15, close damage 5.

Defense
Dodge 15, Fortitude 11, Parry 15, Toughness 4/6*, Will 7
*6 with defensive roll.

Complications

Legacy Hero: Iida Tensei’s hero name of Ingenium is one that has been used for generations by his family, and he acts as a hero in a way worthy of that title.

Liquid Ingestion Based Powers: Iida’s quirk, Engine, functions based on liquids he ingests. While he uses grape juice as fuel, other liquids may cause problems for his quirk, such as it stalling after him drinking soda.

60 Abilities, 14 Powers, 18 Advantages, 25 Skills, 30 Defenses = 147 Character Points

About: The older brother of Iida Tenya, Iida Tensei is the former pro hero Ingenium, a very powerful combat and rescue oriented hero who used his high speed to his favor in battle. His quirk, Engine, gives his legs a pair of engines that allow him to run incredibly fast, something he uses to his favor in combat, by outspeeding his oponents and by accelerating his legs to deliver extremely powerful kicks.

During the main series, what we see of the former IIngenium is mostly character stuff for Iida Tenya, like the bond and respect the brothers shared for one another and how Tenya is inspired by his older brother, dreaming to live up to his name, while Tensei is fueled and inspired by his younger brtother's respect and admiration, saying that he wishes to live up to the image Tenya has of him. Tensei is, however, later hospitalized by Stain the hero killer in a surprise attack in the begining of the Hero Killer arc, with Tenya visiting the hospital to see his brother. During Tenya's visit, Tensei says that he won't be able to return to being a pro hero due to his injuries, and besto0wing the name of Ingenium to his younger brother. Tenya, however, still doesn't pick up the name, seeing himself as still unworthy.

All of this enraged Tenya, making him take an internship in Hosu City with the pro hero Manual to have an excuse to hunt down the hero killer himself, seeking to avenge his brother, an encounter that would have surely resulted in Tenya's death. Fortunately for him, Midoriya's internship with Gran Torino lead him to Hosu City as well. and the same happened with Todoroki's internship with his father, Endeavor, with the two joininmg up with Iida to help him take down Stain, with them managing to win after a very difficult battle, with Iida later regreting and apologising for his actions to Manual, his brother and the rest of the pro heroes, and finally seeing himself as worthy of the hero name of Ingenium, now decided to not let his judgment be clouded by rage and irtrationality again, and live up to the name of Ingenium like his brother did.

Thankfully, we do get more of Ingenium in the Vigfilantes spinoff, where we see him in action back in the day, leading a huge hero agency known as Team Idaten, apparently the hero agency with the most employed sidekicks in the entirety of Japan, and focusing on hiring people with quirks that serve very specific situations so they can be employed to maximum efficiency and so Ingenium's team will be ready for any situation. He initially invited Koichi to join his team, but later decides to retract his invitation after seeing Koichi under his vigilante identity of The Crawler defeating a villain with Knuckleduster, saying that Koichi "found his place as an individual through The Crawler" and that he didn't need to join Team Idaten, whcih was quite a fun chapter and probably Tensei's most memorable moment to me. He makes a few other sporadically apprearances throughout the Vigilantes series, and it seems like he will play a large role on the next few chaspters.

I ended up liking Iida Tensei way more than I expected, mostly due to his relationship with his younger brother and because of the characterisation he got in the Vigilantes series. Kind of a shame we didn't get to see him in action in the main series tho.

Ingenium has a few super moves, most of which are only him accelerating his engines more in different ways. His Recipro Turbo technique is a technique passed down through the Iida family, whcih consists of them manually removing the mufflers from their engines ()something that was shown to be extremely painful) to allow new stronger ones to grow, increasing his base speed. His Recipro Burst is the samne as his younger brother's (or rather, Tenya's is the same as his older brother's, more likely), him increasing the intensity of his engines temporarily, but causing them to overheat and stall afterwards. Lastly, his Rocket Charge super move allows him to temporarily fly by increasing the intesity of his engines, but causes it to overheat and stall as well (a move I would really like to see Tenya learning later in the future!)

Outfits: Ingenium's hero costume is a white stylized armor themed around cars, with engine exhausts coming out of its arms and legs. Again, always kind of made me think of Power Ranger costumes or something, LOL.
SolarOracle

Re: Pixie-Bob

Post by SolarOracle »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:36 am It's kinda funny how this show pulls off the "Themed Team". Instead of having similar powers (like how Marvel would do it), they have some pretty disparate abilities (including the "Low-Grade Physical Power" trait of the muscular guy- just stretching a bit; and SUMMONING for one character), and merely unify themselves via costumes and gear. Looks like this world is just too crazy inventive to ever rest on the default stuff that comics tended to (especially in the '90s).
Huh, never really thought about it, but you're very right with that. Tho, again, we haven't seen many super teams aside from the Pussycats and the Lurkers, so no way of knowing for sure. Both of the ones we see don't really have thematic connections with their quirks tho, and The Lurkers don't even match aesthetically, heh.
SolarOracle

Rock Lock

Post by SolarOracle »

Fanart by MisterMicron

Lock Hero: Rock Lock

Identity: Takagi Ken, Public Identity.
Height: 1.73 meters.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Black.
Skin: Caramel.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: Pro Hero.

Power Level 7 (PL 8 against constructs) - 93 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2, Agility 1, Fighting 6, Awareness 1
Stamina 3, Dexterity 0, Intellect 1, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Lockdown
Feature: User may stop small touched objects in time and space for a single turn. [1]

Lock Constructs: Affliction 7 (Hindered, Vulnerable and Impaired/Immobile, Defenseless and Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Extra Condition 2, Feature - Paralyzed targets aren’t affected by gravity) (Flaws: Limited to non-living targets, Quirk - Effect only lasts a few turns). [14]

Super Move! - Deadbolt: Feature 5: Environment in a 60 ft. radius around the user becomes stopped in time and space for a few turns. [5]

Advantages
Close Attack 3, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+5 total).
Athletics 2 (+4 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+12 total).
Deception 2 (+4 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 5 (+6 total).
Insight 2 (+3 total).
Investigation 3 (+4 total).
Perception 4 (+5 total).
Persuasion 2 (+4 total).
Treatment 1 (+2 total).

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +12, close damage 2.
Lockdown +9, close affliction (Hindered, Vulnerable and Impaired/Immobile, Defenseless and Disabled/Paralyzed), Dodge DC 17.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 7, Parry 11, Toughness 3, Will 5

Complications

Responsibility: Fatherhood: Takagi has a wife and newborn son. Tho he still puts his life in danger as a hero, he clearly cares for his family and will do what he can to avoid needless risk so he can continue to provide for them.

32 Abilities, 20 Powers, 6 Advantages, 14 Skills, 21 Defenses = 93 Character Points

About: Rock Lock is a serious, practical and somewhat blunt pro hero. His quirk, Lockdown, allows him to "lock" non-living objects he has touched in time and space, which allows him to do things like throw platforms in the air so he can jump on them.

Rock Lock first showed up in the Shie Hassaikai arc, where he was part of the raid team. He was initially against the U.A. students being allowed to join in the raid, doubting their capabnilities and not wanting to put them in risk, but after the fight against the Shie Hassaikai, he seems to have grown to respect them. He also seems to be pretty competent in combat, despite not having a combat oriented quirk, being part of the ffrontline raid team and even being able to block and disarm the villain Toga Himiko, using his quirk cleverly by locking her knife in place after she began stabbing him, reducing the damage the knife would have caused to him and simultaneously disarming the young villain, who had to rertreat afterwards.

Takagi has a wife and a newborn son, whom he seems to care for deeply. After being wounded by Toga's knife, Rock Lock ended up in the hospital and we're shown a sscene of him and his wife crying together, seemingly glad and thankful that the knife wound wasn't too serious.

I really like Rock Lock. I don't know why, something about his design and interesting power concept I guess, and it's kind of a shame he doesn't get much screentime throughout the rest of the series, just cameoing here and there in hero groupshots, tho I guess I should note he fought off against a few nomu in the Paranoirmal Liberation Front arc, which is also kind of impressive.

The one Super Move he has is called Deadbolt, and consists of him using his quirk in a large area surrounding him, a technique he used to counter Mimic's quirk during the Shie Hassaikai arc, as the villain had powered himself up and was able to manipulate the entire building they were on, Rock Lock using this super move to allow for the rest of the raid team to move through the building.

This is another one of those pwoersets Mutants and Masterminds isn't fully equipped to handle, I guess. Seriously, this might be my most awkward build so far, in tewrms of how I did his powers. I considered doing a power to allow him to disarm against meele attackers as a reaction (like what he did with Toga), but decided that that was probably more like a power stunt, in game terms. I don't know, felt more appropriate. Also, I might have lowballed him slightly, in terms of power level, but 7 felt more accurate than 8 for me.

About: During his day to day life, Takagi wears casual and simple clothing, like a pair of jeans with a belt, sneakers and a turtleneck sweater. His hero costume seems to be themed around keys and keyholes, and consists of a yellow and green bodysuit with a brown belt that has a bunch of keys on it, a pair of tall white pants, a pair of metallic shoulder pads that have keyholes on them, a red necklace with keys, a pair of locks he wears as earings and a yellow domino mask.
Davies

Post by Davies »

SolarOracle wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:29 pm being part of the ffrontline raid team and even being able to block and disarm the villain Toga Himiko, using his quirk cleverly by locking her knife in place after she began stabbing him, reducing the damage the knife would have caused to him and simultaneously disarming the young villain, who had to rertreat afterwards.
SolarOracle wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:29 pm The one Super Move he has is called Deadbolt, and consists of him using his quirk in a large area surrounding him, a technique he used to counter Mimic's quirk during the Shie Hassaikai arc, as the villain had powered himself up and was able to manipulate the entire building they were on, Rock Lock using this super move to allow for the rest of the raid team to move through the building.
These examples, with the usual understanding that I haven't actually read or watched any of this, sound sort of like a Nullify effect to me. Possibly linked with a very limited Move Objects effect ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

That's what i'm thinking to Davies.Specifically, the Nullify would probably have something to do with gravity.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Nice job on Rock Lock, and his weird-but-cool Quirk! I also really like him. Then again, I really like pretty much everyone from season 4.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Funny thing about Rock Lock's quirk is that the "Stasis" power in Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is very, very similar. (allowing Link to lock objects in place for a brief time)
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Davies wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:47 pm These examples, with the usual understanding that I haven't actually read or watched any of this, sound sort of like a Nullify effect to me. Possibly linked with a very limited Move Objects effect ...
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:17 pm That's what i'm thinking to Davies.Specifically, the Nullify would probably have something to do with gravity.
In those specific examples, I agree, but like I said, him disarming Toga feels more like a power stunt than a regular use of his power, and I guess would be more of a Reaction Disarm with a few ranks of Protection (since he still got hurt to the point he had to be hospitalised due to her attack). Him using it to counter Mimic probably would be a Nullify effect, but it's, like, a use SO SPECIFIC to against Mimic's powerset of being able to manipulate the structure that I don't think it would be appropriate to put it in his actual listing of powers (so probably also a power stunt, or one of those cases where a descriptor can be used to cvounter another poweer - pretty sure there was a rule for that?)

As for iut being a Nullify effect for gravity effects, I think it would be more, like, "Gravity Affected Objects" effect, since he can't really use it to cancel out increased gravity on other people and stuff, since his quirk only allows him to affect non-living objects and stuff.
MarvelLion wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:22 pm Nice job on Rock Lock, and his weird-but-cool Quirk! I also really like him. Then again, I really like pretty much everyone from season 4.
Thanks. : D

And yeah, most pro hneroes from that arc are all really cool now that I think about it.
KorokoMystia wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:13 pm Funny thing about Rock Lock's quirk is that the "Stasis" power in Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is very, very similar. (allowing Link to lock objects in place for a brief time)
Ooooh, that's an interesting comparisson! I wonder if the stuff Rock Lock freezes in time also build momentum like objects affected by Stasis.
SolarOracle

Backdraft

Post by SolarOracle »

Couldn't find the source for this fanart, sorry.

Backdraft

Identity: Unknown.
Height: Unknown.
Eyes: Unknown.
Hair: Unknown.
Skin: Unknown.
Quirk Type: Emitter
Group: Musutafu City Fire Department, Pro Hero.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City.

Power Level 6 (PL 8 quirk) - 76 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 0, Fighting 3, Awareness 0
Stamina 2, Dexterity 2, Intellect 1, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Firehose

Create (Water) 6 (Extras: Innate, Movable, Precise) (Flaws: Permanent). (20) -- [22]
  • AE: Nullify (Fire) 8. (16)
  • AE: High-Pressure Water: Ranged Damage 3. (6)
Advantages
Close Attack, Defensive Roll, Ranged Attack 4

Skills
Athletics 2
(+2 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+6 total).
Deception 2 (+2 total).
Expertise (Firefighter) 6 (+7 total).
Expertise (Pro hero) 3 (+4 total).
Insight 2 (+2 total).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).
Ranged Combat (Water) 3 (+9 total).
Treatment 2 (+3 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +6, close damage 0.
Firehose +9, ranged damage 3.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 5, Parry 6, Toughness 2/3*, Will 4
*3 with defensive roll.

Complications

Water Hands: Due to his quirk, Backdraft doesn’t have hands, and must create them out of water with his quirk in order to manipulate objects or point to things. This means that objects he manipulates probably end up getting wet and that his manual abilities become hindered in hot environments due to it evaporating.

16 Abilities, 22 Powers, 6 Advantages, 14 Skills, 18 Defenses = 76 Character Points

About: Backdraft is a pro hero who works for the fire department of Musutafu city, especializing in combating disasters and rescuing others from fires. His unnamed quirk (which I took the liberty of calling "Firehose" in the build) allows him to create water from his firehose hands and control it with great precision, like creating barricades made out of water, creating water hands so he can manipulate objects or signal stuff to others or simply to blast high-pressure water.

Backdraft first shows up in the first chapter of the manga, being at the scene when the Sludge Villain was attacking Bakugo and using his quirk to put down the fires the attack was causing. He was also one of the heroes to reprimand Midoriya after he entered the scene to try to rescue Bakugo. After that, Backdraft doesn't really actively do stuff in the story, becoming a backgrounder for large gathering of heroes and mostly being shown rescuing others or putting down fires.

Against all odds, the fanbase REALLY likes Backdraft for whatever reason, and I don't really get it. I think it's fun how he is specifically a firefighter pro hero and how he works for the city's fire department, but other than that, he doesn't appeal much to me. Regardless, I hope he gets some spotlight at some point so we can learn more about what his deal is.

This build is very speculative, since we don't get to see him doing much. I assume he can pressurise his water to the point it would be able to hurt others, and I assume he probaby has SOME combat trainingt, since he has a hero licence. I was originally gonna do him as a PL 5, but then I realised he is probably more capable than Manual, so I powered him up by half a PL, with his defenses being PL 5.5 and his water attack being PL 6.

Outfits: Backdraft's hero costume is themed after firefighter clothing, and consists of a yellow jacket with high visibility lines, a white mask with an orange sphere at the center, a red fireman's hat, a pair of red knee guards and a pair of oversized orange sneakers.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SolarOracle

Slidin' Go

Post by SolarOracle »

Slidin’ Go

Identity: Tokoname Tatsuyuki, Public Identity.
Height: 1.87 meters.
Eyes: Black.
Hair: Black.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: Pro-hero, Paranormal Liberation Army.

Power Level 6 - 57 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 4, Agility 1, Fighting 4, Awareness 0
Stamina 3, Dexterity 0, Intellect 0, Presence 0

Powers
Meta Ability - Sliding

Speed 1 (8 Km/H or 4 MpH). [1]

Advantages
Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll, Improved Intiative

Skills
Athletics 4
(+6 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8 total).
Deception 6 (+6 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 3 (+3 total).
Expertise (Espionage) 4 (+4 total).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).
Treatment 1 (+1 total).

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed
+8, close damage 4.

Defense
Dodge 6, Fortitude 7, Parry 7, Toughness 3/4*, Will 3
*4 with defensive roll.

Complications

Paranormal Liberation Front Spy: Tokoname works as a spy for the Paranormal Liberation Front infiltrated within the pro heroes.

24 Abilities, 1 Powers, 4 Advantages, 13 Skills, 15 Defenses = 57 Character Points

About: Slidin' Go was apparently a pro hero, but in reality, was actually an infiltrated spy working as an adviser for the Paranormal Liberation Front's Intelligence Regiment. His unnamed meta ability, which I took the liberty of calling Sliding, allows him to slide above the ground, giving him enhanced speed.

Slidin' Go first showed up during the beginning of the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, appearing right after Todoroki and Bakugo had taken down a group of villains right aftter getting their provisional hero license, congratulating them on it before being revealed to the reader to be a spy for the Paranormal Liberation Front. As the arc went on, right before the start of the confrontation between the heroes and members of the Front, he was apprehended by Death Arms, who revealed to him that he had been found out, therefore not being able to inform the rest of the Front about the heroes' plan to initiate an all-out confrontation.

I like Slidin' Go's design, almost like a parody of the archetypal superhero design with the oversized muscles, pose with the hands on his waist and large square chin. He always sort of reminded me of Mr. Incredible.

I was unsure if I should put his build among the other hero builds or wait until I began statting out the villains, but since he technically had a hero license and operated as a hero, despite his status as a spy, I decided to do his build among the hero builds (and put his link on the "Former Pro Heroes" thingy on page 1's index). This build is also completely speculative, as we haven't seen him fighting or anything, but I felt like PL 6 was appropriate, considering he doesn't seem to be very capable or anything, but was still a licensed and acting pro hero.

Outfits: As a civilian, Tokoname usually wears casual and sporty clothes, like a v-neck t-shirt, a pair of sports shorts and a pair of sneakers. His hero costume is a purple and black bodysuit with stylized lines and arrow shapes. He also wears a black belt with a silver buckle with a green pattern symbol on it, as well as a pair of green gloves and a green small cape. He wears a black mask that covers the upper half of his face.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Hate saying it, but Slidin' Go show's that Franklin Richards was right: Green+Purple=Villian....;)
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:32 am Hate saying it, but Slidin' Go show's that Franklin Richards was right: Green+Purple=Villian....;)
Heh, LOL.