Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
SolarOracle

Villains

Post by SolarOracle »

So, now that we're all familiarized with the heroes, let me tell you a bit about the people who oppose them.

In the Boku no Hero Academia universe, anyone who uses their quirks to commit crimes is classified as a villain. This concept has been explored in a pretty interesting way in the spinoff series, Vigilantes, where the laws existing within that universe prohibiting public quirk use and legislation on heroism and hero licenses has lead people in the past to question the people in control of that and the classification of those who oppose the system as villains, which shows that the system might not be as black and white as it was originally shown, which is pretty interesting and a topic I hope is revisited at some point.

Villains can operate in many different ways, with some forming groups and others acting independently. There also seems to be a rank-based classification system to the threat a villain poses, going from D to S (Japanese media really likes their letter-based rankings). These have only been shown in the Databooks, but seem to be a measure of how much of a danger each villain is, mostly based on how powerful their quirks are.

Throughout the series, the villain group to get the most focus is the LEague of Villains, a group lead by the greatest villain in the history of Japan, All For One, who has fought not only against All Might, but against the entire lineage of One For All for generations, and who is orchestrating a plan to regain control of Japan and finally end the threat of One For All.
MarvelLion

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no VILLAIN Academia Update

Post by MarvelLion »

Y E S!
SolarOracle

The League of Villains

Post by SolarOracle »

Fanart by Marissa Rayner

The League of Villains is a group of villains lead by All For One and, later on, by Shigaraki Tomura. Their goal is the complete colapse of Hero Society, seeking to create a world that All For One can rule. The leadue was originally founded by All For One and two of his loyal followers, Kurogiri and Doctor Ujiko, with All For One intending to use it as a way to develop the skills of Shigaraki so he could play his part on All For One's master plan, having the young villain quickly assume leadership of the League.

Throughout the series, the League of Villains act as major antagonists and cross path with the U.A. students many times, with them initially coordinating the attack during the U.S.J. arc intending to kill All Might so they could shjaken the structure of hero society, but ended up failing and losing all the 72 villains they hired as muscle (who were easily traken out by the class 1-A students). They later on try to recruit the Hero Killer Stain, but he refuses them due to him not agreeing with Shigaraki's philosophy, but greatly benefit from the impact Stain left on Japan, gaining many new core members to the group, and using those to coordinate another attack against class 1-A during the Training Camp arc, where they manage to capture Bakugo, leading to the events of the fight between All For One and One For All and the imprisonment of the former.

Their next major appearance is during the Shie Hassaikai arc, where they initially try to get Overhaul to join them, but he refuses and ends up killing Magne, one of the League's members instead, turning the tables on them and getting part of the League to work for him. They, however, predictably betray him, abandoning the Shie Hassaikai during the hideout raid and even going as far as intercepting Overhaul's transport to prison so they could steal his quirk removing bullets for themselves and removing Overhaul's arms as revenge fro Magne. Their next major appearance was during the events of the My Villain Academia arc, where they meet up with Doctor Ujiko and the monstrous villain Gigantomachia so they can train to become stronger. This leads to their confrontation with the Meta Liberation Army and to the quirks of many members of the League evolving, mainly Shigaraki's. Afterwards, the League and the Meta Liberation Army merge, becoming the Paranormal Liberation Front under Shigaraki's leadership.

After the events of the Meta Liberation Army arc, Shigaraki gets even further powered up, but is overcome by All For One's consiousness and becomes controlled by him, who uses Shigaraki to bust himself and other high-security prisoners out of jail, but this ends up making hima nd the rest of the league get separated, so it isn't very clear what the current state of the League is in the manga.

I think the focus the League of Villains gets during the story is fantastic, with them almost being second protagonists at times sue to it, since you get to know so much about the inner struggles, philosophies and personalities of each member, making their deaths extremely painful. There were many times in the story where I was unsure whom I was rooting for, due to how attached I ended up growing to the villains of the story and wanting them to succeed at some level, despite me knowing that their goals were detrimental to the heroes. The fact that the story can evoke this kind of emotional reaction from the fanbase is pretty amazing.
OwOMotaros

Post by OwOMotaros »

YES! HYPE!
SolarOracle

All For One

Post by SolarOracle »

Fanart by @tbbaron_manga

All For One

Identity: Unknown. Surname “Shigaraki”.
Height: Unknown.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Currently none.
Hair: Bald. Originally naturally white.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Main quirk is emitter. Possesses various other quirks with different classifications.
Group: League of Villains leader.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 16 (PL 23 Steal Quirk) - 434 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 8, Agility 3, Fighting 10, Awareness 2
Stamina 5, Dexterity 5, Intellect 6, Presence 6

Powers
Quirk - All For One

Multitude of Stolen Quirks: Variable 22 (Quirks and Quirk Combinations). (154) -- [156]
  • AE: Steal Quirk: Affliction 30 (Transformed into Powerless) (Extras: Increased Duration 4 - Permanent) (Flaws: Quirk - Only depowers quirk users, Limited to Third Degree Only), linked to Feature 10: User adds stolen Quirks to their list of powers. (130)
  • AE: Bestow Quirk: Feature 20: User may give any quirk they possess, or a copy of it, to others. (20)
Quirk - Search
Senses 6 (Acute Accurate Extended Ranged Visual Detect People) (Flaws: Limited to up to 100 people user has encountered previously). [3]

Quirk - Super Regeneration
Regeneration 8 (Extras: Regrow Limbs). [9]

Quirk - Life Force
Immunity 1 (Aging) (Flaws: Limited to half effect). [0.5]

Quirk - Air Walk
Feature 10: May treat Speed ranks as Flight ranks (Flaws: Limited to flying 20 meters above the ground). [5]

Quirk - Infrared
Senses 1 (Infra Vision) (Flaws: Diminished Range). [0.5]

Various Super Sense Quirks: Senses 6 (Extended, Accurate and Analytical Hearing, Ranged and Acute Tactile). [6]
Various Super Durability Quirks: Protection 8. [8]
Various Super Speed Quirks: Speed 4 (60 Km/H or 30 MpH), linked to Quickness 5, linked to Enhanced Advantages 3 (Takedown 2, Move-by Action). [17]

Support Item - Breathing Mask: (Flaws: Removable). [1]
Feature: Facilitates user’s breathing. (1)

Sample Quirks and Combinations:
Radio Jammer: Area 8 (4 mile Burst) Nullify (Radio Communications) 10. (90)
Powered Up Air Cannon: Area 4 (250 ft. Line) Damage 16. (80)
Impact Recoil: Reaction Damage 20 (Flaws: Limited to Damage rank being equal to Damage of attacker). (60)
Quirk Activating Rivet Stab: Ranged Damage 11 (Extras: Accurate), linked to Ranged Affliction 15 (Controlled) (Extras: Accurate, Feature 5: May Activate the quirks of unconscious targets) (Flaws: Limited to Activating Quirks, Limited to Third Degree). (44)
Warping: Perception Range Teleport Attack 9 (4 Km or 2 Mile) (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Limited to Teleporting to other people the user is familiar with, Quirk - The Multiattack Extra may not be used with the Single Target benefit). (26)
Rivet Stab: Ranged Damage 11 (Extras: Accurate). (23)
Lie Detection: Immunity 5 (Deception). (5)

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit 4 - Japan’s Number One Villain, Close Attack 6, Connected, Contacts, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Inspire 4, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10, Taunt, Trance, Well-Informed

Skills
Athletics 2
(+10 total).
Deception 14 (+20 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 18 (+24 total).
Insight 8 (+10 total).
Intimidation 10 (+16 total).
Investigation 12 (+18 total).
Perception 8 (+10 total).
Persuasion 18 (+24 total).
Treatment 2 (+8 total).

Offense
Initiative +7
Unarmed
+16, close damage 8.
Steal Quirk +16, close affliction (Transformed Into Powerless), Power Rank DC 30.
Close +16, closse effect --.
Ranged +15, ranged effect --.

Defense
Dodge 19, Fortitude 18, Parry 19, Toughness 13, Will 14

Complications

Motivation: The Symbol of Evil: All For One is a megalomaniac obsessed with power, both literally and figuratively, and desired to end hero society as it stands today, wanting to one day become the true leader of the world, guiding it from the shadows.

Weaker Copies: It has been suggested that the copied quirks All For One can create and distribute are weaker or inferior to the original quirk in some way.

Blind: Due to injuries from previous fights, All For One no longer has his eyes, and relies on his super senses to see. The only vision-related sense he can use is his infrared sense and his Search quirk.

90 Abilities, 205 Powers, 43 Advantages, 46 Skills, 50 Defenses = 434 Character Points

About: If we're gonna talk about bad guys, we might as well start out with the baddest guy there is! All For One, whose real name is unknown, but whose surname is Shigaraki, is an enigmatic, scheming and megalomaniacal man who is the sworn enemy of not only All Might, but the entire lineage of One For All users. His quirk, All For One, allows him to not only steal the quirk of anyone he touches, but also to transfer any of the quirks in his possession to others he touches, be it a copy of the quirk he has or the original version.

All For One was born within one of the first generations of quirk users (which were known as "meta abilities" back then), when Japan was in the brink of collapse due to the clash between quirk users and normal humans. Taking advantage of this, All For One used his quirk and social engineering to not only gain multiple powerful abilities for himself, but to create a great following from those he helped out with his powers, becoming the shadow ruler of Japan. As time went on, however, he was opposed by his seemingly quirkless younger, Shigaraki Yoichi, who was easily overpowered by All For One and his followers. While his brother was captured, All For One gave him a power stockpiling quirk due to pity or some leftover respect for him, which, when combined with his brother's quirk that was unbeknownst to anyone, an ability that did nothing but that could be transferred to others, created the One For All, giving origin to it's lineage. Shortly after, Yoichi escaped with the help of some who betrayed All For One, giving start to the eternal rivalry between the quirks.

Due to One For All's nature, All For One couldn't steal it normally with his quirk, making him grow a kind of obsession with acquiring it. As time went on, All For One acquired many powerful allies, like Doctor Garaki, a genius quirk scientist, and Gigantomachia, an extremely powerful quirk user whom he took as his bodyguard, and All For One managed to extend his lifespan and health to life for many generations. Eventually, he was confronted and taken down by the latest One For All user, All Might, having to return to the underworld of crime instead of being its shadow ruler and giving start to the peaceful and hopeful age of heroism, and giving start to All For One's plan to overtake society, adopting and grooming a young Shigaraki Tomura, the grandson of a previous One For All user, Shimura Nana, into a great villain and the centerpiece of his plot.

During the main series, All For One starts out as an enigmatic shadowy figure and beneficiary to the League of Villains, but ends up appearing later when the pro heroes show up to rescue Ragdoll, whose quirk he had stolen, and he ends up having to fight against All Might, who has to use the remainder of his strength to take down the villain, who ends up imprisoned in the maximum security prison Tartarus. All For One's plan, however, was going as intended.

Much later in the series, during the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, it is revealed that All For One had, at some point, transferred the original version of his quirk into Shigaraki Tomura, who had just awoken it, and the version All For One had was just a copy of it created through his quirk. However, it was also revealed that the villain was beginning to overtake Shiogaraki's consciousness through his transferred quirk, using his anger and negative feelings as a catalyst somehow, and, after overtaking his body, takes it to Tartarus so he can bust out himself and many other high profile villains, managing to gather powerful allies to use on the incoming conflict. Currently in the manga, he still has control of Shigaraki's body, claiming that he will use it to empower him so he will be a fitting foe to the remainder of the heroes. I'm pretty excited to see what he could mean by that!

I really dig All For One as an antagonist, man. The way he is unambiguously and deliberately greedy and megalomaniacal is just so fun as a heel. His fight with All Might, that I have mentioned quite a few times on this thread, is one of the greatest in the series. I also really like a personality quirk he developed, where he feels the need to steal any quirk he finds interesting, with him even taunting the police by saying he would love to give Ragdoll her quirk back, if they allowed him to meet with her. After seven years of buildup, we will finally see what All For One's mega masterplot is, and the confrontation that will come with it, and I REALLY can't say just how hyped I am for that.

As a quick build note, the way his powers turned out are kind of a huge mess, but also, that's kind of fitting due to the nature of his quirk? I listed all the quirks and quirk combos he used in the manga as samples at the bottom of his powers, and included others he can activate more easily in his normal list of powers. I say that it is kind of fitting due to how, even in-universe, All For One's quirk combinations are shown as something absurd and almost grotesque, like something that was never intended to happen with the quirks, creating a clear comparison to the Quirk Singularity Theory, with All For One being its logical conclusion.

Outfits: All For One's villain attire consists of a white shirt with a black suit and black pants, as well as a pair of black business shoes, as well as his signature respirator mask, which covers his entire face and is a pretty obvious and fun reference to Darth Vader of the Star Wars series. Horikoshi really likes his Star Wars references, LOL. Unmasked, his face has a huge scars that covers most of it and he has no eyes, due to injuries he suffered in the past.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Very cool that you started with the big bad himself! I think you properly captured just what an absolute nightmare AFO really is. I can't say much else since you covered my feelings about the guy pretty much to a T.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

In a world where most people have one X-Men-style power/Quirk, All For One is just about the most broken thing there is. "I can steal whatever Quirk I want, store as many of them as I want, and grant any stored Quirk I have to anyone I wish, if I wish. Oh, and I can use multiple Quirks in tandem to achieve horrifically powerful results".

It's like he's Pre-Crisis Amazon living in a world of Claremont/Byrne-era X-Men and New Mutants.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
SolarOracle

Doctor Garaki

Post by SolarOracle »

There seems to be a severe lack of Doctor Garaki fanart online, what a shame. : (

Doctor Ujiko Daruma

Identity: Dr. Garaki Kyudai, Public Identity.
Height: Unknown.
Eyes: Black.
Hair: Bald. Brown mustache.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Mutant.
Group: League of Villains.
Base of Operations: Japan, Adachi Prefecture, Deika City.

Power Level 0 (PL 5 Defenses, PL 8 Inventor, PL 11 Skills) - 71 Character Points

Abilities
Strength -1, Agility -1, Fighting 0, Awareness 5
Stamina -1, Dexterity 0, Intellect 7, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Life Force

Immunity 1 (Aging) (Flaws: Limited to half effect). [0.5]

Advantages
Assessment, Benefit - Cipher, Connected, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Inventor

Skills
Deception 6
(+8 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 10 (+17 total).
Expertise (Quirk Science) 14 (+21 total).
Insight 9 (+14 total).
Investigation 6 (+13 total).
Perception 1 (+6 total).
Persuasion 4 (+6 total).
Technology 11 (+18 total).
Treatment 12 (+19 total).

Offense
Initiative -1
Unarmed
+0, close damage -1.

Defense
Dodge -1, Fortitude 0, Parry -1, Toughness -1, Will 9

Complications

Motivation: All For One’s Will: Doctor Ujiko is a loyal follower of All For One and one of his closest allies, creating many Nomus for the villain and assisting the League of Villains.

Frail Body: Garaki’s quirk increases his lifespan at the cost of his vitality and physical energy. This makes him vulnerable to exhaustion and other physically demanding effects, taking a -2 penalty against those.

Copied Quirk: Doctor Ujiko’s current version of his quirk is a copy created by All For One, who has the original quirk. This suggests that his version of the quirk is inferior to the original in some way.

Relationship: Nomu: Doctor Ujiko has been shown to have great fondness for a few of his Nomu, like Johnny and Mocha.

22 Abilities, 0.5 Powers, 6 Advantages, 36.5 Skills, 6 Defenses = 71 Character Points

About: Doctor Garaki Kyudai, who also opperated under the pseudonym of Dr. Ujiko Daruma, is a genius quirk scientist, as well as a loyal follower and close personal friend of All For One, responsible for the development of the Nomu for the League of Villains. His quirk, Life Force, slowed the aging of his body considerably, in exchange for making his body weaker. The version of the quirk he currently posses is a copy created by All For One, who has the original version of the quirk.

Doctor Garaki was a genius scientist in the field of quirk sciences, and was the original proponent of the Quirk Singularity Theory, a theory that suggests that, as generation go by, quirks will become more and more powerful and destructive, eventually reaching the point where everyone will have quirks capable of vaporizing nations like they were nothing. His theory was seen as a joke by both the scientific community and the public at large at the time, being ostricised and chased off the science community and only being accepted by All For One, whom he developed a friendship with.

Doctor Garaki proceeded to ally himself with All For One, assisting him through his skills as a scientist and believing that the only way for society to avoid its total anihilation was for All For One to achieve his goal of global domination. As the years passed, Garaki assisted All For One in creating bodies capable of handling multiple quirks, with the original prototype of that concept being the dangerous villain Gigantomachia, All For One's bodyguard.

He eventually managed to perfect that concept, giving origin to the Nomu, modified corpses with limited cerebral capability able to contain more than a singulart quirk. He managed to create several "tiers" of Nomu, able to hold more and more quirks, and some even capable of independent thought, like Kurogiri and other High-End Nomu. The nomu he created were employed by All For One as foot soldiers for the League of Villains, with the quirks possessed by those Nomu being supplied thorough All For One's quirk.

During all of that, Doctor Garaki started working at other hospitals and even using other pseudonyms, with it even being strongly implied (and by that I mean all but confirmed by the author) that he was Doctor Tsubasa, the father of a childhood friend of Midoriya who told the young boy he wouldn't be able to develop a quirk, which then, in turn, sprung a popular fan theory that Deku would, in fact, develop a quirk of his own, but had that quirk stolen by All For One and the doctor (which, I'll be honest, I was never able to buy that theory for whatever reason, and it has been pretty much debunked recently on the manga, since it has been stated that the only reason Midoriya body is able to retain all the quirks in One For All without destroying itself is that he was born quirkless, but I still felt like I should mention this theory).

In the story propper, Doctor Garaki first appears during the My Villain Academia arc, where he and Gigantomachia help Shigaraki and the other League of Villains members to develop their fighting skills and quirks, and, afterwards, made modifications to Shigaraki's body so he would be able to handle All For One's quirk and the true power of his Decay quirk. Later on, in the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, where he is attacked within his secret laboratory by pro heroes, but managed to unleash several powerful Nomu in retaliation before he was captured, leading to one of the main fights of that arc.

I always thought Doctor Garaki as a character, he reminds me a lot of Doctor Sivana from the Captain Marvel comics (evil genius scientist who was ridiculed by the scientific community and turning to crime), but the main difference between them being that Sivana is motivated by revenge while Doctor Garaki legitimately believes in All For One's plan as the only way to stop society from collapsing. He says that the reason people refused to accept his theory was the fact that people were afraid of it becoming true, so they prefered to treat it as a joke so they wouldn't have to think about the implications of it, which is pretty interesting metacommentary and shit. I really like Doctor Garaki, though I doubt we will be seeing more of him, as his contribution to the story feels like a complete arc, but I guess we will see in the future.

Outfits: Doctor Ujiko is always shown wearing big round wealding goggles, Doctor Eggman style, and seems to have various different pairs with slight differences, like additional lenses or different shapes. He is usually seen wearing white lab coats and has a bushy mustache. Actually, now that I meantion it, he does have quite a few similarities with Doctor Robotnik, doesn't he? Huh.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I always liked the stolen quirk theory myself the notion that Dekus quirk was stolen because One for all wanted it which left Deku powerless but led to him being able to take the power of One for all is classic storytelling where the villain basically creates his own nemesis with his thoughtless greed
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

catsi563 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:56 pm I always liked the stolen quirk theory myself the notion that Dekus quirk was stolen because One for all wanted it which left Deku powerless but led to him being able to take the power of One for all is classic storytelling where the villain basically creates his own nemesis with his thoughtless greed
I agree, it would have been a pretty cool angle for the story to take. Still, IDK, something about it as a theory just never "clicked" with me, not sure what.
SolarOracle

Gigantomachia

Post by SolarOracle »

Fanart by @ilustragus

Gigantomachia

Identity: Unknown.
Height: Varies, maximum of 25 meters with quirk.
Weight: Varies, unknown maximum.
Eyes: White.
Hair: Dark Brown.
Skin: Caramel.
Quirk Type: Various. Transformation and Mutant.
Group: League of Villains, Meta Liberation Army.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 13 - 176 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0/17*, Agility 0, Fighting 5, Awareness -1
Stamina 2/16*, Dexterity 0, Intellect -1, Presence 0
+14 with size, Strength 17 with powers.

Powers
Quirk - Endurance

Feature 20: As a free action, once per turn, user may make a Will check with the DC determined by the DM to ignore penalties from damage taken until their next turn. [20]

Quirk - Pain Blocking
Immunity 2 (Pain Effects). [2]

Quirk - Gigantification
Growth 14 (Strength and Stamina +14, Mass +14, Intimidation +7, Speed +1, Dodge and Parry -7, -14 Stealth) (25 meters), linked to Growth +4 (Mass +4 (+18 total), Intimidation +2 (+9 total), Dodge and Parry -2 (-9 total), Speed +1 (+2 total), -4 Stealth (-18 total)) (Flaws: Limited to not increasing Strength or Stamina). [32]
Speed +3 (Speed 5 total) (120 Km/H or 60 MpH). [3]

Gigantic Breath: Close Area 3 (250 ft. Cone) Move Object 11 (Flaws: Limited to One Direction). (33) -- [34]
  • AE: Giant-Sized Attack: Area 0 (15 ft. Burst) Damage 13. (13)
Quirk - Dog
Senses 6 (Acute, Extended and Tracking Scent, Low-light Vision, Ultra and Extended Hearing). [6]

Quirk - Energy Efficiency
Immunity 3 (Need for Sleep, Starvation and Thirst) (Flaws: Limited to half effect). [1.5]

Quirk - Tough Muscle
Enhanced Strength 3. [6]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 8). [12]

Quirk - Mole
Burrowing 9 (60 Km/H or 30 MpH). [9]

Advantages
Close Attack 2, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Power Attack, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 2
(+2 total, +19 size).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+1 total).
Intimidation 5 (+5 total, +15 size).
Perception 4 (+3 total).
Stealth 0 (+0 total, -18 size).

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed
+9, close damage 17.
Giant-Sized Attack, close 15 ft. burst area damage 13.

Defense
Dodge 8/-1*, Fortitude 2/16*, Parry 12/3*, Toughness 2/22*, Will 9
*Changed with size and powers. Impervious Toughness 4.

Complications

Motivation: All For One’s Will: Gigantomachia is one of the most faithful followers of All For One, and will serve him to the best of his ability.

Weakness: Decreasing Morale: The DC for Gigantomachia’s Endurance power increases more and more if his side begins to lose the battle and his morale gets lower, unless something inspiring to him happens. The exact DC is determined by the DM.

10 Abilities, 125.5 Powers, 8 Advantages, 7.5 Skills, 25 Defenses = 176 Character Points

About: Gigantomachia is one of One For All's most loyal followers and his bodyguard since years before the start of the series. He's also a prototype Nomu of sorts, being the first person to be modified by Doctor Garaki to be able to have a body capable of hosting multiple quirks, though at the cost of his mental capacity. He has multiple quirks, those being Endurance, possibly his most dangerous power, which allows him to ignore how damaged and tired his body is through his will power, Pain Blockig, that makes him incapable of feeling physical pain, Gigantification, which allows him to grow his body up to 25 meters tall, Dog, which gives him canine-like senses, Energy Efficiency, which allows his body to conserve energy, Tough Muscle, which makes his muscles extremely hard and strong, and Mole, that allows him to grow huge claws that let him tunnel through the ground.

Gigantomachia is, along with Doctor Garaki, All For One's most loyal follower, to the point of allowing his body to be heavily modified so he could better assist his master. He is seen as THE most dangerous villain and The League's trump card against the heroes, who, during the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, required the help of the heavy-hitter Mt. Lady to hold him back, several hero students and Best Jeanist using steel cables to finally be able to take him down, and even then, trhey had a very hard time doing that.

Gigantomachia's first appearance was, however, during Kirishima's flashback in his fight against Rappa and Tengai, where he recalls seeing a hooded figure with a radio around his neck scaring some of his classmates by asking them for directions to find "his master", and Kirishima felt like a coward due to him not taking action about it while Ashido was able to misdirect him so the girls would be able to run away, being, in a way, partially responsible for Kirishima's growth as a character and decision to ggive his all to become a hero, which is pretty interesting.

Speaking of Kirishima, there are several similarities between the two design-wise, with the sharp teeth, rock-like skin and spiky hair, which prompted some of my favorite absurd fan theories, like Kirishima time-travelling and being brainwashed by all For One andf stuff like that, which are always very funny to me. Before we knew what Gigantomachia's full quirk arsenal was, I imagined that he might be some kind of ancestor to Kirishima or something, which could have been a cool twist or something,l but now that we know what they are, eeeeeh, I have a hard time buying it.

After the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, Gigantomachia was imprisoned, leaving his future on the series uncertain. He was a very devastating foe power-wise, due to his unrelenting assaults caused by his Endurance quirk and his quite literally monstrous strength that came from his Gigantification adn Tough Muscle quirks. It's pretty interesting to me that half of his quirk names are the same as other characters, despite functioning differently than those, giving maybe some insight into how the naming of quirks works in the universe. His versions of the quirks seem to be much stronger tho, with his Gigantification allowing him to control his size at will, while Mt. Lady can only switch between her giant form and normal size, and his Mole being able to not just dig to the ground, but take chunks off of buildings (though, admitedly, that might just be due to his colossal size).

All in all, gigantomachia is a pretty cool villain, being, like, the absolute peak of "pure muscle" elite goon. His fight with Mt. Lady was one of my favorite parts of the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, due to me REALLY wanting it to happen (come on, two giant powerhouse characters exchanging blows is an awesome comics cliché!) I would love for him to show up again on the final arc, but I'm not very positive that's gonna happen. Oh, and I also thought the thing about him constantly wearing aradio around his neck to distract himself due to his multiple quirks forcing him to live in isolation was a pretty neat chartacter trait.

Outfits: Gigantomachia doesn't really wear any clothes, only really carrying his portable radio around his neck, probably due to him living in the wilderness and due to the fact any clothing he wore would break upon him activating his gigantification.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha, so All For One is definitely a mega-powerful dude, and it's interesting how the "League of Villains" get set up as a mega-threat immediately through his quirk, which allows every character in his army to potentially break the key rules of the setting, which are that each person gets one quirk and has to base all their powers around it (sorta like mutant powers). It's kind of like how wargames like Warhammer are set up- in that there's a set of baseline rules, and then all these god-tier expensive classes that allow you to BREAK said rules (characters now counting for more ranks, striking ahead of initiative order, getting more attacks, having different rules for breaking from combat, etc.).

But yeah, in this case it's to set up some kind of turbo ultra mega-threat that can wreck everybody else, and become full team-level threats, DBZ-style. Interesting how Gigantomachia (named after the literal war between the Greek Gods and the Giants sent by Gaea to usurp them) is both a rulebreaker in terms of number of quirks, AND goes way above the standard PL of the setting. Makes you wonder what the LoV could accomplish as a united front.

Also YAYYYYYYYYYYYY, Mt. Lady did something! I always felt it was a shame she seemed to have the least to do- like the creator didn't realize he had a potential mega-hit on his hands with that power-set/design/fetish, and used her as a generic "Useless Hero" in the opening arc.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:11 am But yeah, in this case it's to set up some kind of turbo ultra mega-threat that can wreck everybody else, and become full team-level threats, DBZ-style. Interesting how Gigantomachia (named after the literal war between the Greek Gods and the Giants sent by Gaea to usurp them) is both a rulebreaker in terms of number of quirks, AND goes way above the standard PL of the setting. Makes you wonder what the LoV could accomplish as a united front.
Honestly, I'd say One For All and the League's biggest mistake throughout the series is him not being more directly involved with the other members of the league with Doctor Garaki. If some of the other members had been modified like Gigantomachia to be able to wield more than a single quirk each, the heroes wouldn't have any chance against them.
SolarOracle

Loud Cloud

Post by SolarOracle »

Fanart by SugarForkFull
Fanart by @Antercold

Loud Cloud

Identity: Shirakumo Oboro, Public Identity.
Height: 1.87 meters.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: Light blue flame.
Skin: Unknown, presumably fair.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: U.A. Highschool class 2-A.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City.

Power Level 8 (PL 9 Defense) - 117 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2, Agility 4, Fighting 5, Awareness 0
Stamina 3, Dexterity 1, Intellect 2, Presence 3

Powers
Quirk - Cloud

Create 1 (Clouds) (Extras: Continuous, Movable). [4]

Flying Nimbus: Flight 4 (60 Km/H or 30 MPH) (Flaws: Platform). [4]

Super Move! - Cloud Cover: Affliction 7 (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Extras: Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to Visuals). [7]

Support Item - Quarterstaff: (Flaws: Easily Removable). [2]
Strength-based damage 2. (2)

Support Item - Speaker Gourds: (Flaws: Removable). [1]
Feature: Allows user’s voice to come from wherever the speaker was placed. (1)

Advantages
Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll, Improved Critical (Quarterstaff), Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Takedown, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 6
(+10 total).
Athletics 4 (+6 total).
Close Combat (Cloud Cover) 2 (+9 total).
Close Combat (Quarterstaff) 5 (+12 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9 total).
Deception 4 (+7 total).
Expertise (Student) 6 (+8 total).
Insight 4 (+4 total).
Perception 7 (+7 total).
Persuasion 4 (+7 total).

Offense
Initiative +8
Unarmed
+9, close damage 2.
Quarterstaff +12, close damage 4, critical 19-20.
Cloud Cover +9, close affliction 7.

Defense
Dodge 13, Fortitude 6, Parry 14, Toughness 3/4*, Will 6
*4 with defensive roll.

Complications

Motivation: To become a Hero!: Shirakumo is studying at U.A. High School’s hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like his classmates. What kind of hero he desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

40 Abilities, 17 Powers, 10 Advantages, 22 Skills, 27 Defenses = 117 Character Points

About: OK, before I talk about Kurogiri, I should probably talk about who he was before becoming a nomu. Shirakumo was an energetic, charismatic and brave guy who studied at U.A. Highschool in the same calss as Aizawa and Present Mic back when they were still teenagers. His quirk, Cloud, allows him to summon clouds of various sizes and with some density, being able to sustain the weight of a person and being soft and floofy, him even being able to use those clouds to fly around.

We're introduced to Shirakumo during a flashback in Vigilantes, when Eraser Head runs into Koichi, who is protecting a stray cat from a wolf villain, and helps him stop the villain. When Koichi mentions not knowing what to do about the cat, Aizawa, who is one week away from becoming a teacher at U.A, begins to remember his school days, when Shirakumo ended up running into a stray cat on the streets and they had to figure out who could take care of it.

Throughout this flashback, we're shown the struggles of a young Eraser Head, figuring out what kind of hero he wanted to be and how to better use his abilities in combat, and how the support of Present Mic, Midnight and Loud Cloud helped him through it, with Shirakumo gaining the most focus, as we see him developing techniques and facing struggles of his own throughout all that.

Shirakumo is shown to be very close to his friends, even planning on forming a hero agency and team with them after they graduate, and becomes a very capable fighter, using his quirk and agility to obstruct and limit his opponents and fight from advantageous positions, using his speaker gourds to misdirect his opponents while he flies around and delivers sneak attacks with his staff, something that, on some level, inspires Aizawa's agility-focused combat style.

Shirakumo eventually ends up interning under the pro hero His Purple Highness together with Aizawa, but, unfortunately, both end up having to fight alone against Garvey, a powerful villain capable of absorbing and unleashing powerful energy attacks, who was causing massive destruction throughout the city and endangering various civilians, Loud Cloud ending up being killed by the rubble of the destruction the villain was causing as he protected a group of kids from it. However, he used the last of his energy to guide Aizawa throughout the fight with his speaker gourds, who managed to deafeat the villain, only to later realize his friend had died during all that.

Afterwards, All For One managed to steal Shirakumo's body from the hospital, presumably with the help of Dr. Garaki, saying that the boy's unique quirk could prove useful, resulting in the eventual creation of the nomu Kurogiri, one of the most advanced nomu of the League of Villains.

I really like Loud Cloud, and the fanbase seems to really love him too, probably due to his connection with Aizawa and how much of a chill dude and good friend he was shown to be throughout what we were shown of him. Him having a "heel turn" is probabl;y a factor in his popularity as well, since Kurogiri was always a character surounded in mystery, and him being revealed to be a good guy before becoming what he is now probably intrigued a lot of fans. He also seems to be based on some other popular anime character, but I'm not sure who it could be... I mean, a martial arts, spiky haired kid who wears a kimono, flies around in a cloud and is known for having an agile fighting style with a staff? I can't possibly think of any character like that!

His sole super move is called Cloud Cover, and consists of him creating small clouds to cover the head of his enemy, making it so they can't properly see so he can better employ his agile attacks.

Quick build notes, CoyoteUnion's kid Goku build helped me out a lot in figuring out Shirakumo's skills and advantages, so thanks for that! I miss your thread, dude. I also named his flying cloud technique "Flying Nimbus" because come on, what else would I call it? Him having a different offensive and defensive PL kind of annoys me a bit, but I guess it fits him pretty well due to his fighting style.

Outfits: Shirakumo is usualy seen in his U.A. school uniform, and seems to normally have a bandage over his nose. His hero costume is a blue martial arts gi with a black belt and a pair of boots and fingerless gloves, with a black undershirt beneath his kimono. He also wears a brown aviation jacket with a stylized circular patch with his hero name, and the japanese word for "Cloud" on the back. Additionaly, he wears a blue muffled aviator hat with goggles.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Sorry for the slowdown this week. Dark Souls has consumed my life and that paired with the general end-of-semester rush of stuff made me kind of lazy to post these. : P