Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no Hero Academia Update

Post by Davies »

SolarOracle wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:17 am Nah, he has to use the power again, but he seems to not waste as much time when reactivating it as when using it the first time.
Reduced Action (Free Action) Limited to targets who've failed at least one resistance check? (Apply the limitation only to the points that the extra costs.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Davies wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:20 am Reduced Action (Free Action) Limited to targets who've failed at least one resistance check? (Apply the limitation only to the points that the extra costs.)
Hmm, might work, yeah, but I feel like that might just make the insane ramblings that is that text wall even more insane and less comprehensible, LOL.
SolarOracle

Midnight

Post by SolarOracle »

R-Rated Hero: Midnight

Identity: Kayama Nemuri, Public Identity.
Height: 1.75 meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: Black.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Enitter.
Group: U.A. High School teacher, pro hero.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City, Heights Alliance.

Power Level 8 (PL 12 Quirk) - 163 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 2, Fighting 6, Awareness 3
Stamina 1, Dexterity 2, Intellect 2, Presence 3

Powers
Quirk - Somnambulist
Area 3 (60 ft. Cloud) Affliction 12 (Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Cumulative, Reduced Action - Move Action). [60]

Support Item - Whip: (Flaws: Easily Removable). [3]
Strength-based Damage +0 (Extras: Reach 3). (3)

Support Item - Fans: (Flaws: Easily Removable). [1]
Feature: Can be used to increase the spread of smell-based effects. (1)

Advantages
Attractive, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Critical (Whip)

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4 total).
Athletics 5 (+5 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11 total).
Close Combat (Whip) 4 (+13 total).
Deception 8 (+11 total, +13 attractive).
Expertise (Modern Art) 8 (+10 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 6 (+8 total).
Expertise (Teacher) 5 (+7 total).
Insight 4 (+7 total).
Intimidation 4 (+7 total, +9 attractive).
Perception 8 (+11 total).
Persuasion 8 (+11 total, +13 attractive).
Treatment 2 (+4 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +11, close damage 0.
Whip +13, close damage 0, critical 19-20.
Somnambulist, close 60 ft. cloud area affliction (Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep), Fortitude DC 22.

Defense
Dodge 10, Fortitude 6, Parry 13, Toughness 1/3*, Will 5
*3 with Defensive Roll

Complications

Creates Smell From Body: Kayama’s quirk works by her creating an aroma from her body, and thus requires her to wear clothing that is easily ripped so she can create her aroma. She needed to do this since there are restrictions on the amount of skin a hero can lawfully expose in their costume.

Pheromone-based Quirk: Kayama’s quirk, Somnambulist, requires that the target breathes in the aroma she exudes from her body. Warry enemies can circumvent this by holding their breath when near her. Additionally, Somnambulist is more effective against male opponents than female enemies, meaning that females get a +2 bonus on saves made against Kayama’s quirk.

Obsession: Youth: Midnight has an obsession with young people and young romance that borders on being creepy, oftenly talking about the wonders of youth and how she misses it.

38 Abilities, 64 Powers, 6 Advantages, 33 Skills, 22 Defenses = 163 Character Points

About: U.A.'s modern hero art teacher, Midnight is a somewhat flirty and playful person, but who also seems to be somewhat demanding of her students. Her quirk, Somnambulist, allows her to create a pheromone-based aroma from her body that puts people who smell it to sleep, and is said to work more efficiently against male targets.

Due to how her quirk works, Kayama wears an easily tearable outfit, which she rips part of whenever she needs to use her power. Originally, she wore outfits that exposed as much skin as possible, and is the reason for the current laws in Japan that dictate the maximum ammount of skin exposure allowed by a hero costume, a very comical detail that explains her title as "The R-Rated Hero". Midnight also oftenly becomes excited by romance and the day-to-day life stuff of teenagers, talking about how much she misses the "wonders of youth" and stuff, something that happens in a few funny scenes.

Throughout the story, Kayama has taken more of a supportive role, helping out the students with stuff and being the announcer and comentator for the school festival events. Her only fight in the main series was against Mineta and Sero in the exam fight against the teachers, and her using her quirk to stop Bakugo and Todoroki's fight in the school festival. Midnight was also school friends with Eraser Head and Present Mic, and was the one to indicate Eraser Head as a teacher for U.A.

Midnight is a pretty fun character overall, and was explored really well on the Vigilantes spinoff, with her interractions with the main cast there and her friendship with Aizawa being explored really well. It's also worth mentioning that she has a small team of four sidekicks called "The Midnight Boys", which is a small group of four attractive young guys. The author has also commented that he decided to make Midnight due to him really liking sexy characters and him feeling like he hadn't added enough of them, thus the idea to theme Midnight around a, like, dominatrix or whatever and giving him a provocateur-like personality.

As for the build, I feel like her attacks might have ended up a bit too high. I was originally going to give her Attractive 2 instead of 1, but considering she doesn't seem to cause an effect on literally every person she sees, I think a single rank would be more accurate.

Outfits: Kayama usually wears very casual and comfortable clothing, and ties her hair. Her hero costume is a white skin-tight bodysuit (that was originally pink in the manga) with a stylized black leather leotard above it that connects to her neck. She wears a red belt with a golden insignia, a pair of thigh-high purple stokings and a pair of tall black high-heeled boots.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Solid Midnight build. I agree with your take on Attractive, one rank seems to fit her well. Here's hoping that she's still in the game.
Also, your bringing up her high school days with Eraser Head and Present Mic made me want to ask: Are you going to post a build of Loud Cloud?
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

MarvelLion wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:19 am Solid Midnight build. I agree with your take on Attractive, one rank seems to fit her well. Here's hoping that she's still in the game.
Also, your bringing up her high school days with Eraser Head and Present Mic made me want to ask: Are you going to post a build of Loud Cloud?
Thanks! I deffinately will build Shirakumo, tho I'm still not sure if I should do it parallel to whenever I do the Kurogiri build or if I should do it whenever I get to the Vigilantes builds, since that's where he got the most screentime. Regardless, I feel like we've been shown enough of him to the point that a build of him is absolutelly doable.
SolarOracle

Present Mic

Post by SolarOracle »

I had no idea he was such a popular character until I began looking for images for the build and saw how many fanarts there were, LOL.

Voice Hero: Present Mic

Identity: Yamada Hizashi, Public Identity.
Height: 1.85 meters.
Eyes: Red (Manga), greenish yellow (Anime).
Hair: Blond.
Quirk Type: Emitter.

Power Level 7 (PL 9 Quirk, PL 10 Loud Voice) - 161 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 2, Fighting 5, Awareness 0
Stamina 2, Dexterity 1, Intellect 1, Presence 5

Powers
Quirk - Voice
Feature: User can heighten the volume of their voice at will. [1]

Voice: Area 4 (500 ft. cone) damage 9 (Extras: Penetrating 9). (54) -- [56]
  • AE: Super Move! - Loud Voice: Area (30 ft. Line) Damage 10 (Extras: Penetrating 10). (30)
  • AE: Super Move! - DJ Punch: Strength-based Damage 1, linked to Enhanced Advantage (Power Attack). (2)

Support Item - Directional Speaker System: (Flaws: Removable). [8]
Feature 10: Area attacks with the Sound descriptor made by the user gain the Selective Modifier. (10)

Advantages
Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll 2, Inspire 5, Set-up, Skill Mastery (Expertise Presenter)

Skills
Athletics 4 (+5 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+12 total).
Deception 8 (+13 total).
Expertise (Presenter) 12 (+17 total) (Uses Presence).
Expertise (English) 8 (+9 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 6 (+7 total).
Expertise (Teacher) 5 (+6 total).
Insight 3 (+3 total).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Persuasion 8 (+13 total).
Treatment 2 (+3 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +12, close damage 1.
DJ Punch +12, close damage 2.
Voice, close 500 ft. cone area damage 9.
Loud Voice, close 30 ft. line damage 10.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 5, Parry 10, Toughness 2/4*, Will 4
*4 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Voice Based Quirk: Yamada’s quirk, like its name implies, relies on him using his voice to work properly, and will tire out his throat if overused. Additionally, if he is ever in a situation where he can’t use his voice, he will be unable to use his power.

Obsession: Hype and Drama: Yamada is obsessed with presenting things dramatically and in an entertaining way, using his quirk and radio presenter-like persona to excite the audience in any situation, no matter the size of his audience.

Fear of Bugs: Yamada is very disgusted by bugs and insects, to the point of passing out upon seeing a large group of them crawling out of the earth and climbing his leg. It can be assumed he would have some difficulty fighting against bug-like opponents.

34 Abilities, 65 Powers, 12 Advantages, 32 Skills, 18 Defenses = 161 Character Points

About: U.A.'s english teacher, Present Mic is a pro hero with a very energetic and cheerful atitude, as well as a radio presenter-like personality, with him narrating and dramaticising events happening around him to try to entertain the people around whwnever possible. His quirk, Voice, allows him to naturally increase the volume and intensity of whatever sound he produces from his voice, to levels that can harm others' ears.

Yamada favours fighting from afar due to his quirk, delivering powerful attacks that harm many enemies at once from a great distance, as shown when he managed to harm both Jiro and Koda with his quirk from many hundreds of feet away during their combat exam fight against him. He seems to know how to fight from a close range pretty well too, however.

He was friends in school with Eraser Head and Midnight, as well as with the deceased Loud Cloud, with whom he and Aizawa were planning to form a hero team together after graduation. After that fell through due to Shirakumo's death and Aizawa begining his career as a solo hero, Yamada seems to have become somewhat of the opposite of Eraser Head, with his whole hero persona and all being based around popularity, hyping fights up and cheering up his "listeners". Woith that said, my favorite character moment with Present Mic happened recently on the manga, where he, remembering the death of Loud Cloud and his subsequent brainwashing and transformation into the supervillain Kurogiri by the League of Viallains, becomes seriously enraged and punches the doctor who did that to his dead friend right in the face with his "DJ Punch", a scene that was awesome fanservice, since his friendship with Loud Cloud hadn't been really shown in the main series.

I really like Present Mic as a character, with him contrasting really well with Aizawa really well, and him being really fun in scenes where his hyping of events and dramatic narration are present while the main cast does stuff. He also seems to be pretty popular with the fanbase, I guess, which is something I just found out, LOL. Oh, and it is also worth mentioning that a lot of people believe that he is the "traitor" in U.A. that has been foreshadowed since early in the series, something I don't really believe since all the evidence points to Kaminari being the traitor, but I felt like I should mention that. He has 2 Super Moves that he's shown, one being the above mentioned "DJ Punch", which is just a straight hook delivered with a lot of strength, and a more powerful and concentrated version of the normal power of his quirk, called simply Loud Voice. I look forward to seeing more of Present Mic in the series.

Outfits: Yamada wears stylish and fashionable clothing on his day to day life, tying his hair in a bun. His hero costume is a tall-collared black jacket with beige shoulder pads and red stylized elbow guards, a pair of black fingerless gloves with red edges, a pair of grey headphones, a pair of long black pans, a red belt with a metal buckle and a pair of tall black boots. In addition, he wears his Directional Speaker System around his neck, which allows to better control the area affected by his quirk, and looks like a tall metallic neck piece with many speakers.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Hell yeah, Present Mic! How could anyone NOT love him? Seriously, he's brilliant. He can go from a lovable, over-the-top DJ, to a dramatic serious character, especially when he and Eraser Head talk to Kurogiri. I also agree that him being the traitor is absurd. There's absolutely no evidence for it.

As for the build, good as always, but two suggestions if I may: First, maybe add a Phobia complication for bugs; second, a hearing-disabling power for his Quirk, since it shows people hit by it bleeding from and grabbing their ears.
SolarOracle

Vlad King

Post by SolarOracle »

Blood Hero: Vlad King

Identity: Kan Sekijiro, Public Identity.
Height: 1.94 meters.
Eyes: Red.
Hair: Gray.

Power Level 9 (PL 10 Quirk) - 113 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2, Agility 0, Fighting 5, Awareness 1
Stamina 4, Dexterity 1, Intellect 1, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Blood Control
Move Object 4 (Flaws: Limited 2 - To users own blood). [2]
Harden Blood: Perception Ranged Transform 1 (Blood into Hardened Blood) (Flaws: Limited to user’s blood). [4]

Resistant to Blood Loss: Immunity 2 (Blood loss) (Flaws: Limited to half-effect). [1]

Restrain With Blood: Affliction 9 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobile and Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition, Reach 4) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Source - User’s Blood). [12]

Support Item - Blood Ejecting Gloves: (Flaws: Removable). [1]
Feature: User may rapidly eject and reabsorb their own blood. (1)

Advantages
Close Attack 6, Defensive Roll 2, Great Endurance

Skills
Athletics 6 (+8 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+13 total).
Deception 3 (+5 total).
Expertise (Teacher) 5 (+6 total).
Insight 4 (+5 total).
Intimidation 8 (+10 total).
Investigation 2 (+3 total).
Perception 4 (+5 total).
Persuasion 4 (+6 total).
Treatment 4 (+5 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +13, close damage 2.
Capture With Blood +11, close affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobile and Defenseless), Dodge DC 19.

Defense
Dodge 10, Fortitude 11, Parry 12, Toughness 4/6*, Will 6

Complications

Blood-based Quirk: Kan's quirk uses his own blood as a source and, despite him being resistant to it, it can be presumed that using it too much would eventually cause him to have the problems associated with blood loss. It also means that, if for whatever reason he has bled out too much and doesn't have access to his blood, it will be more difficult for him to use his powers.

32 Abilities, 20 Powers, 9 Advantages, 24 Skills, 28 Defenses = 113 Character Points

About: Class 1-B's homeroom teacher, Vlad King, despite seeming like a serious and intimidating person, has a heart of gold, and encourages his students quite a bit, as opposed by Aizawa's generally distant behavior. His quirk, Blood Control, allows him to manipulate his own blood when it is outside of his body, and also lets him harden it on command, something he uses to immobilize enemies.

Kan is shown to care a lot about his students, differently from what his intimidating appearance suggests, and displays that a lot during the practice fight between class A and class B, where he would cheer for his students even though he and Aizawa were supposed to remain impartial, much to the protest of class A's students, which was a pretty funny scene. He's also shown to be quite capable in combat, helping Eraser Head to fight off Dabi and protect the students during the training camp arc quite effectively with his powers.

I really like Vlad King as a character, I don't know, something about a super-buff vampire guy who is a warm and encouraging person sounds funny to me. Really hope we get to see more of him in the story, the lack of fights he has is a downright CRIME, man! His power is pretty intresting and unique too, making me think of the anime Deadman's Wonderland (but without the edge associated with that, LOL), which is kind of cool, and I like how he uses something simple like hardening blood as an effective combat strategy in combat. Him being a supportive homeroom teacher also makes him contrast really well with Aizawa (this is like the third time I've said this, huh?). Looking forward to him doing more stuff in the future!

Outfits: Casually, Kan wears comfortable clothing, like hoodies and t-shirts. As a hero, he wears a red skin-tight suit with black stylized details, and an exposed chest. He also wears white tall boots and a white belt, as well as hisBlood Ejecting gloves, which are a special par of long gloves that have tubes connecting to his veins that allow him to more easily expel his blood. His left glove is also connected to his back through a tube.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

MarvelLion wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:13 am As for the build, good as always, but two suggestions if I may: First, maybe add a Phobia complication for bugs;
Oh! Good catch! I knew I was forgetting something when I was doing his complications.
MarvelLion wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:13 am second, a hearing-disabling power for his Quirk, since it shows people hit by it bleeding from and grabbing their ears.
Yeah, I was considering doing that, but I feel like ears bleeding and difficulty hearing are more a part of the "sonic" descriptor for damage than anything.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Also, sorry for this BIIIIIIIIG slowdown in the builds. I recently began to worldbuild for a new setting I'm DMing and it ended up taking up more time than I expected. : P
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Cool! You should post builds for that here, too :).
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Glad to see you posting again! I agree that you should post your other builds as well, that would be cool to see. And good job with Vlad King. I'm utterly convinced that there's so much more that he can do with his Quirk, but we've only ever seen him do that Snare effect against the Dabi clone. I guess I'll just have to be patient, since there's so many characters in the series with unique powers to show off. I just think that Vlad's cool and want to see what else he can do; hopefully Horikoshi feels like showing him off a bit more soon, haha
SolarOracle

Thirteen

Post by SolarOracle »

Space Hero: Thirteen

Identity: Unknown.
Height: 1.80 meters.
Eyes: Unknown.
Hair: Unknown.
Skin: Unknown.
Group: U.A. High School staff, pro hero.

Power Level 9 (PL 10 Quirk) - 128 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 1, Fighting 4, Awareness 2
Stamina 3, Dexterity 2, Intellect 1, Presence 1

Powers
Quirk - Black Hole
Area (60 ft. Cone) Move Object 10 (Flaws: Limited to Towards User), Linked to Area (60 ft. Cone) Affliction 10 (Hindered and Impaired/Immoble and Disabled/Transformed into Particles) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to while moving away from user). [40]

Advantages
Assessment, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 2, Great Endurance

Skills
Athletics 6 (+7 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8 total).
Deception 2 (+3 total).
Expertise (Rescue Specialist) 8 (+9 total).
Insight 4 (+6 total).
Investigation 4 (+5 total).
Persuasion 4 (+5 total).
Perception 6 (+8 total).
Technology 1 (+2 total).
Treatment 5 (+6 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +8, close damage 1.
Black Hole, close 6o ft. cone area affliction (Hindered and Impaired/Immoble and Disabled/Transformed into Particles), Dodge DC 20.

Defense
Dodge 12, Fortitude 9, Parry 10, Toughness 3/5*, Will 7
*5 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: Rescue Hero: Thirteen is a rescue expertert and excels in that area, favoring using her quirk to destroy and remove obstacles and debris to help rescue others in disaster situations. She seems to take this very seriously.

Lethal Quirk: Thirteen’s quirk can easily kill someone if she is not careful, so she must pay very close attention while using it.

30 Abilities, 40 Powers, 6 Advantages, 24 Skills, 28 Defenses = 128 Character Points

About: U.A.'s rescue training specialist, Thirteen is a mysterious hero who always wears a heavy astronaut suit and having her real face and identity unshown. Her quirk, Black Hole, allows her to create a small black hole at the tip of her finger, which pull anything she points towards closer to her, as well as disintegrating anything that gets too close.

Thirteen mostly uses her quirk for helping in rescue situations, clearing out debris in a tactical way, but it has also been shown to be very effective in combat, with her being able to use it to difficult enemies from escaping combat and pulling them closer, also being able to control it well enough to stop the black hole before it begins turning others to dust. She's also shown to be capable in combat, fighting off the League of Villains during the USJ incident quite well, before having her own power used against her and incapacitated, which was quite the cool scene.

I like Thirteen's gimmick of no one ever seeing her face and always beeing hidden behind her costume and mask. Hell, even her gender was unknown before it being revealed in one of the databooks, they haven't even addressed it in the manga, which is very funny.Her quirk is REALLY fucking awesome too for me, and I can't even explain why, something about "making miniature black holes" sounds cool as all hell to me. She using it in a less combat oriented way is also a pretty cool detail, despite being a very capable combatant. I really hope she shows up again in the manga.

Outfit: Thirteen's usual clothing is unknown. Her hero costume is a very large white poofy jacket and pats, that emulate the look of an astronaut suit. She also uses a space helmet with a black dome covering her head, and a pair of white gloves, with metal tips that open up so Thirteen can use her quirk effectively. Beneath her poofy pair of pants tho, shee seems to wear some kind of black skin-tigh pair of leggings that have their ankle visible on her costume, as well as a pair of yellow shoes.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Nice Thirteen build. It has me thinking: Don't you think that a lot of the conflicts going on in the current manga arc could be taken care of by Thirteen and Black Hole? Hahaha
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, the teachers are even wackier than the students, in their own way- they take the whole "Weird Power + Odd Appearance" thing and ramp it up by aging the characters a ton.

So Vlad's thing is to use his OWN blood for snares? Very weird and icky, lol.

And, this being Shonen, it's inevitable we'd get a Stripperific/Iron Age-looking teacher in Midnight. She's oddly more sexualized yet less scantily-clad than many of the female students owing to the white unitard she's wearing. Pretty clearly and "Author's Fantasy". Which is kinda funny, as the fanbase has of course attached it to the numerous female students, with Uravity & Froppy being VERY well-represented in art that I've totally never seen or sought out.