J-Mart 5E: Starting PCs, Tigorilla

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart 5E: Starting PCs, Tigorilla

Post by Jabroniville »

LOL, Tigorillas are magnificent. Absolute Fantasy-style nutjob stuff- like the Owlbear of old! Like, it's just a clawed, stripey gorilla!
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:04 pm LOL, Tigorillas are magnificent. Absolute Fantasy-style nutjob stuff- like the Owlbear of old! Like, it's just a clawed, stripey gorilla!
Never.
Direspect.
The.
Owlbear!
:P
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Woodclaw wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:06 am Ikoria is the unholy child of Magic and Godzilla :P
Totally! It's a mess and I love it! 8-)

I'm a little concerned about the long term health of MTG as a game with the power creep that has occurred over the past couple of years but overall, I've been having a blast with Ikoria. I love big creatures in MTG, well, in any game really, and Ikoria is loaded with them.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Goldar

Re: Tigorilla

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:53 pm Image
From a certain perspective, it's an inspiring story of overcoming obstacles.

TIGORILLA
Large Monstrosity, Unaligned

ARMOR CLASS: 13 (Natural Armor)
HP: 49 (5d10+15)
SPEED: 35 ft, Climb 25 ft
INITIATIVE: +2

STR: 18 (+4) DEX: 15 (+2) CON: 16 (+3) INT: 6 (-2) WIS: 13 (+1) CHA: 7 (-2)

SAVING THROWS: STR +4, DEX +2, CON +3, INT -2, WIS +1, CHA -2

SKILLS: Athletics +6, Perception +3, Stealth +4

SENSES: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 13
LANGUAGES: --
CHALLENGE: 2 (450 XP)

TRAITS:
Keen Smell: The tigorilla has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Pounce: If the tigorilla moves at least 20 ft. straight toward a creature and then hits it with a claw Attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the tigorilla can make one bite Attack against it as a Bonus Action.

ACTIONS:
Multiattack. The tigorilla makes a bite attack and two claw attacks.

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d10 + 4) piercing damage.

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) slashing damage.

Comments: My first creature post! A monster from the latest (as of this posting) Magic the Gathering set of Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths, the Ferocious Tigorilla. The card is only good in draft environments (which I suck at) so I never play it since I only play constructed formats (which I suck less at) but from a flavor perspective, it was love at first sight. I think because it’s in the vein of Owlbears and Griffons, just being a mashup of creatures that is just fun.
Fearsome Creature!

At first, I thought it was a drink of sorts...."Hey bartender, give me a Tigorilla on the rocks...!" :P