J-Mart 5E: Starting PCs, Tigorilla

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

J-Mart 5E: Starting PCs, Tigorilla

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Hello customers!

It's been a while since the J-Mart franchise expanded and since I've been playing a lot of online D&D lately, and not so much into the superhero scene, now seemed like a good time to switch focus for a while until my MnM mojo returns. Actually this is return to my CCCS (Compulsive Character Creation Syndrome) roots. Before I got into MnM chatacter building, D&D 3-3.5 was where I built tons of PCs for the series of constantly ending games and campaigns that I was a part of until my group stabilized around 2006. Which is about the time I got into MnM 2E, which is no coincidence.

I really like 5E and some of the great things about 5E is it's ease of learning and overall balance. But that ties into its flaws IMHO which are that that there’s not enough granularity to handle some situations, especially ones that experienced gamers can throw at you and the fact that sometimes things are too balanced. An average halfling or gnome having the same strength as a loxodon or a human seems odd to me. That has helped lead to a lot of diversity among the classes you can select regardless of your race but it doesn’t feel “realistic” from a fantasy setting standpoint.

To start, I'll be posting a couple of PCs and NPCs/Monsters to get my formatting where I want it, then I want to start expanding the mechanics and house rules. Should have the first things up by the weekend and then we’ll see how it goes from there.

J-MART ANNEXES:

Thorpocaverse Setting Thread
J-Mart: Main Location
J-Mart Fantasy: World of Gloriant
J-Mart II: Earth-J217
J-Mart PC Superstore
J-Mart Fight Club
J-Mart Test Facility

J-Mart 3E: The Original 3E Superstore! (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart 3E: The Superior J-Mart (at Ronin Army)
J-Mart II 3E - Thorpacoverse Prime (at Ronin Army - Closed)
The J-Mart PC Superstore 3E (at Ronin Army)
J-Mart Fantasy 3E (at Ronin Army)
J-Mart I 2E: The One Stop Shop! (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart II 2E: J-Mart East - Main Setting (Earth-217 - at Atomic Think Tank) Thread
J-Mart III 2E: J-Mart West - ThorpacoDresdenverse Game Setting Thread (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart Settings Thread 2E - The Thorpacoverse (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart 2E Story Hour Location (at Atomic Think Tank)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC BUILDS:

Arisema Navara (Human Fighter)
Baruun (Warforged Paladin)
Beaver the Bard (Human Bard)
Extherene Hope (Tiefling Warlock)
Jobymme (Dragonborn Cleric)
Xellenia Nailo (Elven Rogue)

NPC BUILDS:

CLASSES (NEW AND ADJUSTED):

RACES (NEW AND ADJUSTED):

BESTIARY

Tigorilla
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart DD5E Location! Opening soon!

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Reserved 1
Thorpocalypse

HOUSE RULES

Post by Thorpocalypse »

HOUSE RULES: D&D EARTH GLORIANT

Of course, you can't just use the rules as written, what's the fun in that? Especially in a fantasy setting.

This is a CONSTANT work in progress as I roll through more tests and get more feedback from any FTF or online games.

NOTE: Any House Rule with a *** in front is still being tested and is not currently available for game usage. If it changes, the *** will be removed.

CHARACTER CREATION:

ABILITY SCORES: To generate initial character stats, players roll 4d6 six times, taking the best 3 dice and rerolling one 1 once and you must keep the reroll. Scores can be places in any ability slot but as per the RAW, no score can exceed 20.

FEATS FOR ALL!: The Feats in D&D 5E are great and hardly ever get used except for the variant humans. All characters get to pick one Feat to start and the variant human builds get one additional. The levels that allow you to choose either a Feat or +2 to an ability score work the same except for the Level 8 and 20 increases which allow you to do both.

GAMEPLAY RULES:

ADVANTAGE/DISADVANTAGE STACKING: I guess this could go under combat but this could happen on ability and skill checks as well. In the RAW, disadvantage and advantage cancel out, which is fine. But if a situation appears where there are two disadvantages and one advantage, they still cancel or if you two advantages, you can still only use one, that doesn't seem right. So my house rule is that if you get two advantages, you get advantage and then +2 to the check. If you get three or more advantages, you get advantage and then +5. The scale applies in the inverse to disadvantage, you roll disadvantage then -2 or -5 respectively.

INSPIRATION POINTS CARRY OVER AND STACK: According to the RAW, Inspiration goes away at the end of an adventure and you only get 1 at a time. I like my characters to have a lot so they can do cool stuff when they need it so in my games, so those points can carry over until the next adventure and they can stack up to your level +1.

MINION RULE: One of my favorite things about MnM, and one of the few good things about D&D 4E is the minion rule. Minion enemies have 1 HP and don’t take half damage on failed saves.

I HAVE A THING FOR THAT: Allow a player to spend a point of inspiration to “remember” their character purchases a mundane item. They deduct the gold as if they bought it earlier and just lost it in their pack. Adventurers carry all sorts of things in their packs, sometimes they carry so many things they lose track of some of them, only to remember them at just the right moment.

I KNOW A GUY...: Allow a player to spend inspiration to describe a contact who can help with the current situation. Obviously, there are limitations to this, but this is a great way to allow players some agency in creating a new ally.

YOU GOT CLOSE, SO LET'S DISCUSS: If a character misses a check by three or less offer them the chance to succeed but with a penalty, or have a negative consequence associated with their success. Sometimes a failure at a skill can be a setback for the players or the DM. In instances of close calls, I like to offer players a tough choice or have some extra consequences comes as a result of the check. An example: Athletics - You successfully swing on the chandelier, but suffer a level of exhaustion.

DM ROLLS DEATH SAVES: It's too easy to metagame when players roll death saves so the DM will them in secret and only tell if it's a critical failure or success or the PC dies or recovers.

COMBAT:

YOU GO FIRST: On the first turn of combat, I allow players to lower their initiative to one point lower than that of an ally.
Sometimes a character really wants to go after someone else, and it’ll help their teamwork.

FLANKING: When a creature and at least one of its allies are adjacent to an enemy and on opposite sides or corners of the enemy’s space, they flank that enemy, and each of them gains +2 to their melee attack rolls against that enemy. If three or more allies are flanking the creature, each of them gain +5 to their melee attack rolls against that enemy.

When in doubt about whether two or more creatures flank an enemy on a grid, trace an imaginary line between the centers of the creatures’ spaces. If the line passes through opposite sides or corners of the enemy’s space, the enemy is flanked.

MAX DAMAGE + DIE ROLL FOR CRITS: When you roll a natural 20 on an attack, add up the damage dice you rolled and then add the maximum they could have rolled to that number.

WITH THEIR LAST BIT OF STRENGTH: Characters can turn a hit into a critical by suffering two exhaustion levels. I like this house rule because it’s not something that’s abusable, characters aren’t going to want to volunteer to suffer exhaustion levels on whim, but it can result in great signaling events, when the fight comes down to the very end and the character and their nemesis are both cut and bruised. Having a player commit to have their character deal what will probably be the final blow can make for a great cinematic moment.

SKILLS:

Nothing yet, but there could be something eventually.

FEATS:

HOUSE FEATS: Here is a list of homebrew, swiped, and converted that I will be using for my personal setting builds:

POWERS:

Some slight alterations to some powers for this setting.

Time is Immutable: There is NO TIME TRAVEL in the the Thorpocaverse, no matter what the system. You can have effects that slow or speed up a "personal time field" but it's more of a mental effect as opposed to stopping or accelerating time. Time travel is just a walking plot hole and it's getting overused in all fantasy/comic/sci-fi mediums right now so I am putting a stop to it here. Of course, if I screw something up bad enough, I reserve the right to retcon this, of course. :)

--

SPELLS:

--

EQUIPMENT:

Here is another constantly evolving list. As I think of new items, I’ll add them.

GENERAL EQUIPMENT:

MELEE WEAPONS:

RANGED WEAPONS:

ARMOR:

SHIELDS:

MAGIC ITEMS

Work in progress...
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat May 30, 2020 2:45 am, edited 7 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Reserved 3
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Reserved 4
Thorpocalypse

Arisema Daellion (Navara)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

ARISEMA NAVARA

CLASS: FIGHTER
LEVEL: 2
RACE: Human
ALIGNMENT: Neutral good (NG)
XP: 378

AC: 16
HP: 22
INITIATIVE: +3
SPEED: 30 ft
HIT DICE: 2d10
PROFICIENCY: +2
INSPIRATION: 0

MELEE ATTACKS: Scimitar +5, 1d6+3; Scimitar +5, 1d6+3; Dagger +5, 1d4+3
RANGED ATTACKS: Longbow +5, 1d8+3
SPELLCASTING ATTACKS: NA

ABILITY SCORES:
STRENGTH: 13 (+1)
DEXTERITY: 16 (+3)
CONSTITUTION: 16 (+3)
INTELLIGENCE: 14 (+2)
WISDOM: 14 (+2)
CHARISMA: 15 (+2)

SAVING THROWS:
STRENGTH: +3
DEXTERITY: +3
CONSTITUTION: +5
INTELLIGENCE: +2
WISDOM: +2
CHARISMA: +2

SKILLS: Acrobatics (DEX) +5, Animal Handling (WIS) +2, Arcana (INT) +2, Athletics (STR) +1, Deception (CHA) +2, History (INT) +4, Insight (WIS) +4, Intimidation (CHA) +2, Investigation (INT) +2, Medicine (WIS) +2, Nature (INT) +2, Perception (WIS) +4, Performance (CHA) +2, Persuasion (CHA) +4, Religion (INT) +2, Sleight of Hand (DEX) +3, Stealth (DEX) +3, Survival (WIS) +2

PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 12

Height: 5-7
Weight: 128
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin: Brown

BACKGROUND: Courtier
Feature: Position of Privilege - Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk and merchants make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.
Origin: NONE
Personality Trait: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideal: Respect. Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity.
Bond: The common folk must see me as a hero of the people.
Flaw: In fact, the world does revolve around me.
Deity: Therin - Goddess of Light

LANGUAGES: Common, Draconic, Orc
PROFICIENCIES: Armor: All armor, shields; Weapons: All simple and martial weapons; Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution; Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics, History, Insight, Perception, Persuasion; Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set
FEATS: Blade Mastery - You master the shortsword, longsword, scimitar, rapier, and greatsword. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:

• You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with the weapon.
• On your turn, you can use your reaction to assume a parrying stance, provided you have the weapon in hand. Doing so grants a +1 bonus to your AC until the start of your next turn or until you're not holding the weapon.
• When you make an opportunity attack with the weapon, you have advantage on the attack roll.

Inspiring Leader - You can spend 10 minutes inspiring your companions, shoring up their will to fight. When you do so, choose up to six friendly creatures (which can include yourself) within 30 feet of you can can see or hear you and can understand you. Each creature gains temporary hit point equal to your level + your Charisma modifier. A creature can't gain temporary hit points in this way again until they finish a short or long rest.

FEATURES AND TRAITS:
Two Weapon Fighting - When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack.

Second Wind - On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Action Surge - Starting at second level, on your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

SPELLS: NA
SPELL SAVE DC: NA
SPELL LIST: NONE

ARMOR: Breastplate (Medium; AC14)
WEAPONS: Longbow, Scimitar x2, Dagger
EQUIPMENT: Dungeoneer's Pack (12 gp, 61.5 lbs): Includes a backpack, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it. A set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, and a purse containing 25 gp

WEALTH:
PP: 0
GP: 77
EP: 0
SP: 23
CP: 55

Comments: I'm starting off with my main PCs from my MnM fantasy setting as my first PC conversions for D&D. So Arisema here is a legacy character, the second youngest child of my original main D&D character, Xander Daellion, who will be labor of love conversion later.

As a build, she's a Fighter that will subclass into Battle Master when she levels up. That should reflect my vision of her as having her mother's looks and her father's gift for strategy and leadership. She's basically a Warlord, with more focus on accuracy than power, but hopefully as she levels and powers up, that will probably even out. I started thinking about Arisema and my group of initial PCs and I'm seeing them as having adventured together a little bit so I'm starting them at Level 2.

Arisema the character has idolized her father since day one. As much as he and her mother tried to talk her out of becoming an adventurer, she has thought of little else since she was a young child, after listening to his, and his long time adventuring allies who remain part of his inner circle. Xander reluctantly allowed her to train with his X Knights and her brothers, Jaxx and Jacade and at age 19, she has become a gifted warrior and leader, if still a bit immature.

Her life as an adventurer is starting out under a veil of secrecy, as she has taken the last name of Navara as she sets out for adventure. For if she were to be found to be the daughter of the High King, her problems would be two-fold. First, there are always enemies of the crown that would love to kidnap her and use her as a bargaining piece (or worse), but most importantly to her, since the fans of the Royal Family greatly outnumber the enemies (or so most think), she wants no preferential treatment. She wants to succeed or fail on her own, and as difficult as it has been for them, the King and Queen are letting her do so.

Mostly… ;)
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Jobymme

Post by Thorpocalypse »

JOBYMME

CLASS: CLERIC (TEMPEST)
RACE: Dragonborn
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic good (CG)

AC: 18
HP: 19
INITIATIVE: +0
HIT DICE: 2d8

MELEE ATTACKS: Warhammer +4, 1d8+2
RANGED ATTACKS: Dragon Breath (15 ft cone; DC13) +2, 2d6
SPELLCASTING ATTACKS: Sacred Flame (DC13) +2, 1d8; Guiding Bolt +5, 4d6

ABILITY SCORES:
STRENGTH: 14 (+2)
DEXTERITY: 11 (+0)
CONSTITUTION: 17 (+3)
INTELLIGENCE: 10 (+0)
WISDOM: 17 (+3)
CHARISMA: 14 (+2)

SAVING THROWS:
STRENGTH: +2
DEXTERITY: +0
CONSTITUTION: +3
INTELLIGENCE: +0
WISDOM: +5
CHARISMA: +4

SKILLS: Acrobatics (DEX) +0, Animal Handling (WIS) +3, Arcana (INT) +0, Athletics (STR) +4, Deception (CHA) +2, History (INT) +0, Insight (WIS) +5, Intimidation (CHA) +2, Investigation (INT) +0, Medicine (WIS) +3, Nature (INT) +0, Perception (WIS) +3, Performance (CHA) +2, Persuasion (CHA) +2, Religion (INT) +2, Sleight of Hand (DEX) +0, Stealth (DEX) +0, Survival (WIS) +5

PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 13

Height: 6-3
Weight: 275
Eyes: Black
Hair: NONE
Skin: Red

BACKGROUND: Outlander
Feature: Wanderer - You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
Origin: Exile or outcast
Personality Trait: I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups.
Ideal: Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Bond: I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it.
Flaw: I remember every insult I’ve received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who’s ever wronged me.
Deity: Thjor – God of Storms, War and Drink

LANGUAGES: Common, Draconic, Giant
PROFICIENCIES: Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma; Skills: Athletics, Survival, Insight and Religion; One type of musical instrument (lute); Armor: Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields; Weapons: Martial Weapons, Simple Weapons
FEATS: Dragon Fear - When angered, you can radiate menace. You gain the following benefits:

Increase your Strength, Constitution, or Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
Instead of exhaling destructive energy, you can expend a use of your Breath Weapon trait to roar, forcing each creature of your choice within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier). A target automatically succeeds on the save if it can’t hear or see you. On a failed save, a target becomes frightened of you for 1 minute. If the frightened target takes any damage, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success."

FEATURES AND TRAITS:
Damage Resistance - You have resistance to the damage type associated with your draconic ancestry (Fire).

Breath Weapon - When you use your breath weapon (fire, 15 ft cone), each creature in the area of the exhalation must make a saving throw, the type of which is determined by your draconic ancestry. The DC for this saving throw equals 8 + your Constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus. A creature takes 2d6 damage on a failed save, and half as much damage on a successful one. The damage increases to 3d6 at 6th level, 4d6 at 11th level, and 5d6 at 16th level. After you use your breath weapon, you can’t use it again until you complete a short or long rest.

Channel Divinity: Turn Undead - As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can’t willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can’t take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there’s nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

Channel Divinity: Destructive Wrath - Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to wield the power of the storm with unchecked ferocity. When you roll lightning or thunder damage, you can use your Channel Divinity to deal maximum damage, instead of rolling.
Wrath of the Storm - Also at 1st level, you can thunderously rebuke attackers. When a creature within 5 feet of you that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to cause the creature to make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d8 lightning or thunder damage (your choice) on a failed saving throw, and half as much damage on a successful one. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

SPELLS: Cantrips: 3 1st: 3 2nd: 0 3rd: 0 4th: 0 5th: 0 6th: 0 7th: 0 8th: 0 9th: 0
SPELL SAVE DC: 13
SPELL LIST:
Cantrips:
Mending - You take a minute to cast this spell, and it fixes a break or tear in an object you touch while leaving no traces of the damage. The damage can't be longer than 1 foot in any dimension. The spell can fix constructs and magic items, but can't restore magical properties.

Sacred Flame - You use your action to call fiery radiance to descend upon a creature you can see, forcing it to pass a Dexterity save or take 1d8 radiant damage. The spell's damage die increases by one at levels 5, 11, and 17.

Spare the Dying - You use your action to touch a creature who is alive but at 0 hit points. It becomes stable.

1st:
Bless - You bless up to three creatures of your choice. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw, it can add a 1d4 to it. You can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st.

Command - Choose a creature you can see to make a Wisdom save. If they fail, they follow a one-word command from you. The spell fails if the creature is undead, doesn't understand your language, if obeying the command will harm it, or if they can't follow the command. You can affect one more creature for each slot level above 1st. The creatures must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Cure Wounds - A creature you touch regains hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs. The healing increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.

Fog Cloud - A 20-foot-radius sphere of fog appears within range of you until a wind of at least 10 miles per hour blows it away, or until the spell ends. The fog is centered on a point you choose, spreading around corners and heavily obscuring the area it fills.

Guiding Bolt - Make a ranged spell attack against a creature you can see. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and before the end of your next turn, the next attack roll made on it has advantage. The damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Healing Word - A creature you can see regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs. The healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Thunderwave - Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution save. On failure, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a success, the creature takes half damage and isn't pushed. The spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet. The damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.

ARMOR: Chain Mail (Heavy; AC16), Shield (+2 AC)
WEAPONS: Warhammer, Crossbow (Light)
EQUIPMENT: Explorer's Pack (10 gp, 59 lbs): Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it
Ammunition - Crossbow Bolts (20)
Holy symbol - Emblem
MAGIC ITEMS:

WEALTH:
GP: 67

Comments: Jobymme is a Dragonborn Tempest Cleric of Thjor, with his half dragon side being Fire Dragon. He and his mother led a rough life as she struggled to raise him amidst a mass of prejudice in his hometown. Still, thanks to her unconditional love and a few good friends, he became a noble young man and dreamed of using his abilities to help anyone who might have suffered as he had. He has faced many challenges along the way but he has remained compassionate, with a pure heart and he remains undaunted in his quest to make a better world.

Jobymme and his compatriot Baruun hooked up with Arisema and her friends fatefully as they were each in the thorp (wink) of Do, each drawn there by rumors of orc raid issues. Each group quickly developed a respect for each other and they decided to join forces to aid the town. They've been a single party ever since.

He's pretty versatile as he's the healer but he can fill in as tank for a bit, he can work ranged and he can goon sweep with his Dragon Breath. I really like how he came out.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:14 am, edited 8 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Baruun

Post by Thorpocalypse »

BARUUN

CLASS: PALADIN
RACE: Warforged
ALIGNMENT: Lawful good (LG)

AC: 20
HP: 20
INITIATIVE: +0
HIT DICE: 2d10

MELEE ATTACKS: Battle Axe +6, 1d8+4; Iron Fists +6, 1d4+4
RANGED ATTACKS: Javelins +2, 1d6+0
SPELLCASTING ATTACKS:

ABILITY SCORES:
STRENGTH: 19 (+4)
DEXTERITY: 10 (+0)
CONSTITUTION: 14 (+2)
INTELLIGENCE: 11 (+0)
WISDOM: 12 (+1)
CHARISMA: 17 (+3)

SAVING THROWS:
STRENGTH: +4
DEXTERITY: +0
CONSTITUTION: +2
INTELLIGENCE: +0
WISDOM: +3
CHARISMA: +5

SKILLS: Acrobatics (DEX) +0, Animal Handling (WIS) +1, Arcana (INT) +0, Athletics (STR) +6, Deception (CHA) +3, History (INT) +0, Insight (WIS) +3, Intimidation (CHA) +3, Investigation (INT) +0, Medicine (WIS) +1, Nature (INT) +0, Perception (WIS) +1, Performance (CHA) +3, Persuasion (CHA) +5, Religion (INT) +2, Sleight of Hand (DEX) +0, Stealth (DEX) +0, Survival (WIS) +1

PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 11

Height: 6-7
Weight: 400
Eyes: Brown
Hair: NONE
Skin: Grey

BACKGROUND: Acolyte
Feature: Shelter of the Faithful - As an acolyte, you command the respect of those who share your faith, and you can perform the religious ceremonies of your deity. You and your adventuring companions can expect to receive free healing and care at a temple, shrine, or other established presence of your faith, though you must provide any material components needed for spells. Those who share your religion will support you (but only you) at a modest lifestyle.
Origin:
Personality Trait: Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
Ideal: Faith: I trust that my deity will guide my actions, I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.
Bond: Everything I do is for the common people.
Flaw: I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temple's hierarchy.

LANGUAGES: Common, Celestial, Draconic
PROFICIENCIES: Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Insight, Persuasion, Religion; Armor: All armor, shields;
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons; Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
FEATS: Great Weapon Master - You've learned to put the weight of a weapon to your advantage, letting its momentum empower your strikes. You gain the following benefits:

On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 hit points with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action.
Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage."

FEATURES AND TRAITS:
Quirk - You are fiercely protective of anyone you consider a friend.

Warforged Resilience - You were created to have remarkable fortitude, represented by the following benefits. You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage. You are immune to disease. You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe. You don’t need to sleep and don’t suffer the effects of exhaustion due to lack of rest, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Integrated Protection - Your body has built-in defensive layers, which determine your armor class. You gain no benefit from wearing armor, but if you are using a shield, you apply its bonus as normal. You can alter your body to enter different defensive modes; each time you finish a long rest, choose one mode to adopt from the Integrated Protection table, provided you meet the mode’s prerequisite. Base - Composite Plating (armor) Medium armor proficiency 13 + your Dexterity modifier (maximum of 2) + your proficiency bonus.

Juggernaut: You’re an imposing war machine built for close combat and raw might. Your Strength score increases by 2.

Juggernaut: Iron Fists - When you make an unarmed strike, you can deal 1d4 + your Strength modifier bludgeoning damage instead of the normal damage.

Juggernaut: Powerful Build - You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.

Divine Sense - The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the Hallow spell. You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.

SPELLS: Cantrips: 0 1st: 2 2nd: 0 3rd: 0 4th: 0 5th: 0 6th: 0 7th: 0 8th: 0 9th: 0
SPELL LIST:
Cantrips:
NONE,
1st:
Cure Wounds - A creature you touch regains hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs. The healing increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.

Shield of Faith - A creature of your choice gets a +2 bonus to AC for the duration.

ARMOR: Chain Mail (Heavy; AC16), Shield (+2 AC)
WEAPONS: Battleaxe, Javelin
EQUIPMENT: Explorer's Pack (10 gp, 59 lbs): Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
Holy symbol - Emblem
MAGIC ITEMS:

WEALTH:

Comments: Barunn is a Warforged Paladin that hooked up with Jobymme years ago back after he saved Jobymme from some townsfolk that wanted to “slay a dragon”. Jobymme in turn repaired Barunn’s wounds and the two of them have been inseparable ever since. They both are honorable, devoutly religious men, but freaks to most, and that's what binds them more than any other members of the party.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Xelennia Nailo

Post by Thorpocalypse »

XELENNIA NAILO

CLASS: ROGUE
RACE: Elf (Wood)
ALIGNMENT: Neutral (N)

AC: 15
HP: 19
INITIATIVE: +4
SPEED: 35 ft

MELEE ATTACKS: Rapier +6, 1d8+1; Dagger +6, 1d4+1
RANGED ATTACKS: Shortbow +6, 1d6+4
SPELLCASTING ATTACKS: NA

ABILITY SCORES:
STRENGTH: 12 (+1)
DEXTERITY: 19 (+4)
CONSTITUTION: 16 (+3)
INTELLIGENCE: 17 (+3)
WISDOM: 11 (+0)
CHARISMA: 13 (+1)

SAVING THROWS:
STRENGTH: +1
DEXTERITY: +6
CONSTITUTION: +3
INTELLIGENCE: +5
WISDOM: +0
CHARISMA: +1

SKILLS: Acrobatics (DEX) +6, Animal Handling (WIS) +0, Arcana (INT) +3, Athletics (STR) +3, Deception (CHA) +3, History (INT) +3, Insight (WIS) +0, Intimidation (CHA) +1, Investigation (INT) +3, Medicine (WIS) +0, Nature (INT) +3, Perception (WIS) +2, Performance (CHA) +1, Persuasion (CHA) +3, Religion (INT) +3, Sleight of Hand (DEX) +6, Stealth (DEX) +8, Survival (WIS) +0

PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 10

Height: 5-5
Weight: 115
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive

BACKGROUND: Criminal
Feature: Criminal Contact - You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.
Origin: Burglar
Personality Trait: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Ideal: People. I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.
Bond: I’m guilty of a terrible crime. I hope I can redeem myself for it.
Flaw: When I see something valuable, I can’t think about anything but how to steal it.
Deity: Sehanine – Goddess of Love, Trickery and Moon; Goddess of Elves

LANGUAGES: Common, Elvish, Thieves' Cant
PROFICIENCIES: Saving Throws: Dexterity, Intelligence; Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Stealth; Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set, thieves’ tools (+8); Armor: Light armor; Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, rapiers, longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
FEATS: Alert - Always on the lookout for danger, you gain the following benefits:

You gain a +5 bonus to initiative.
You can't be surprised while you are conscious.
Other creatures don’t gain advantage on attack rolls against you as a result of being unseen by you.

FEATURES AND TRAITS:
Darkvision - You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Keen Senses - You have proficiency in Perception.

Fey Ancestry - You have advantage on saves against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Trance - Elves meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day in place of sleeping. You gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.

Mask of the Wild - You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.

Expertise - At 1st level, choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with thieves' tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies. At 6th level, you can choose two more of your proficiencies (in skills or with thieves' tools) to gain this benefit.

Sneak Attack - Once per turn, you can deal extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Thieves' Cant - During your rogue training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.

Cunning Action - Starting at your second level, you can use your Bonus Action to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

SPELLS: Cantrips: 0 1st: 0 2nd: 0 3rd: 0 4th: 0 5th: 0 6th: 0 7th: 0 8th: 0 9th: 0
SPELL LIST:

ARMOR: Leather (Light; AC11)
WEAPONS: Rapier, Dagger, Dagger, Shortbow
EQUIPMENT: Burglar's Pack (16 gp, 46.5 lbs): Includes a backpack, a bag of 1,000 ball bearings, 10 feet of string, a bell, 5 candles, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, a hooded lantern, 2 flasks of oil, 5 days rations, a tinderbox, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of I, A crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a belt pouch containing 15 GP.

WEALTH:

Comments: This is my Elven rogue named Xelennia Nailo. She’s going to take the Assassin path and she should become the team’s biggest hitter, like a good rogue should be.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Extherene Hope

Post by Thorpocalypse »

EXTHERENE

CLASS: WARLOCK (FIEND)
RACE: Tiefling

AC: 12 (15 with Mage Armor)
HP: 15
INITIATIVE: +2

MELEE ATTACKS: Dagger +4, 1d4+2
RANGED ATTACKS: Light Crossbow +4, 1d8+2
SPELLCASTING ATTACKS: Eldritch Blast +5, 1d10+3

ABILITY SCORES:
STRENGTH: 10 (+0)
DEXTERITY: 14 (+2)
CONSTITUTION: 13 (+1)
INTELLIGENCE: 12 (+1)
WISDOM: 11 (+0)
CHARISMA: 16 (+3)

SAVING THROWS:
STRENGTH: +0
DEXTERITY: +2
CONSTITUTION: +1
INTELLIGENCE: +1
CHARISMA: +5

SKILLS: Acrobatics (DEX) +2, Animal Handling (WIS) +0, Arcana (INT) +3, Athletics (STR) +0, Deception (CHA) +5, History (INT) +3, Insight (WIS) +0, Intimidation (CHA) +5, Investigation (INT) +1, Medicine (WIS) +0, Nature (INT) +1, Perception (WIS) +0, Performance (CHA) +3, Persuasion (CHA) +3, Religion (INT) +1, Sleight of Hand (DEX) +2, Stealth (DEX) +2, Survival (WIS) +0

PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 10

Height: 5-8
Weight: 137
Eyes: Red
Hair: Black
Skin: Red

BACKGROUND: Sage
Feature: Researcher - When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.
Origin:
Personality Trait: I… speak… slowly… when talking… to idiots,… which… almost… everyone… is… compared… to me.
Ideal: No Limits. Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence.
Bond: I sold my soul for knowledge. I hope to do great deeds and win it back.
Flaw: I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others.
Deity: NONE

LANGUAGES: Common, Infernal, Abyssal, Draconic
PROFICIENCIES: Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, Deception, History, Intimidation; Armor: Light armor; Weapons: Simple weapons; Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
FEATS: Spell Sniper - You have learned techniques to enhance your attacks with certain kinds of spells, gaining the following benefits:

When you cast a spell that requires you to make an attack roll, the spell's range is doubled.
Your ranged spell attacks ignore half cover and three-quarters cover.
You learn one cantrip that requires an attack roll. Choose the cantrip from the bard, sorcerer, or warlock spell list. Your spellcasting ability for this cantrip is Charisma."

FEATURES AND TRAITS:
Darkvision - Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Hellish Resistance - You have resistance to fire damage.

Infernal Legacy - You know the Thaumaturgy cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Hellish Rebuke spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the Darkness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Pact Magic - Your arcane research and the magic bestowed on you by your patron have given you facility with spells.

Eldritch Invocations - In your study of occult lore, you have unearthed eldritch invocations, fragments of forbidden knowledge that imbue you with an abiding magical ability. At 2nd level, you gain two eldritch invocations of your choice. When you gain certain warlock levels, you gain additional invocations of your choice, as shown in the Invocations Known column of the Warlock table. Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the invocations you know and replace it with another invocation that you could learn at that level. A level prerequisite in an invocation refers to warlock level, not character level.
Dark One's Blessing - Starting at 1st level, when you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your warlock level (minimum of 1).

Edritch Invocation: Agonizing Blast - When you cast Eldritch Blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.

Eldritch Invocation: Armor of Shadows - You can cast Mage Armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.

SPELLS: Cantrips: 2 1st: 2
SPELL LIST:
Cantrips:
Chill Touch - You use your action to make a ghostly, skeletal hand that attempts to cling to a creature you can see within range. Make a ranged spell attack. On hit, the hand grabs the target, dealing 1d8 necrotic damage. The hand then remains there until the start of your next turn. During this time, the target is unable to regain hit points. This cantrip's damage die increases at levels 5, 11, and 17.

Prestidigitation - This spell is a minor magical trick that novice spellcasters use for practice. You create one of several minor magical effects within range.

Eldritch Blast - Make a ranged spell attack. On hit, the target takes 1d10 force damage. The spell creates more beams as you level. At 5th, it makes two beams; at 11th, it makes three; and at 17th, it makes four. The beams can be directed at the same target or different ones. Each beam gets its own attack roll.

Thaumaturgy - You create one of several magical effects within range.

1st:
Burning Hands - Flames shoot from your fingers in a 15-foot cone. Any creature in range must pass a Dexterity save or take 3d6 fire damage. They take half as much on a success. The damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Command - Choose a creature you can see to make a Wisdom save. If they fail, they follow a one-word command from you. The spell fails if the creature is undead, doesn't understand your language, if obeying the command will harm it, or if they can't follow the command. You can affect one more creature for each slot level above 1st. The creatures must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Charm Person - A humanoid you can see must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw, with advantage if you are currently fighting it, or it becomes charmed by you until the spell ends or someone in your party harms it. You can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st.

Hellish Rebuke - A creature you can see that damaged you must make a Dexterity save. It takes 2d10 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much on a success. The damage increases by 1d10 for each slot level above 1st.

ARMOR: NONE
WEAPONS: Crossbow (Light), Crossbow Bolts (20), Dagger, Dagger
EQUIPMENT: Dungeoneer's Pack (12 gp, 61.5 lbs): Includes a backpack, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, a tinderbox, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
Component pouch, Arcane focus - Rod
MAGIC ITEMS:

WEALTH:

Comments: I’ve never played a Tiefling in D&D, or a Warlock for that matter, so this will be a double first for me. Extherene here, is the bad girl of the group, with a heart of maybe brass, not quite gold. She’s a gifted spell slinger and has it bad for Arisema’s brother, which is why she’s adventuring with her. She wants to get in good with Arisema, which can give her more time with Jacade whenever they return to Kormiant.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Beaver the Bard

Post by Thorpocalypse »

BEAVER THE BARD

CLASS: BARD
RACE: Human

AC: 14
HP: 17
INITIATIVE: +3

MELEE ATTACKS: Rapier +5, 1d8+3; Dagger +5, 1d4+3
RANGED ATTACKS: Light Crossbow +5, 1d8+3
SPELLCASTING ATTACKS: Vicious Mockery 1d4, [Wisdom Save]

ABILITY SCORES:
STRENGTH: 12 (+1)
DEXTERITY: 17 (+3)
CONSTITUTION: 15 (+2)
INTELLIGENCE: 16 (+3)
WISDOM: 15 (+2)
CHARISMA: 18 (+4)

SAVING THROWS:
STRENGTH: +1
DEXTERITY: +5
CONSTITUTION: +2
INTELLIGENCE: +3
CHARISMA: +6

SKILLS: Acrobatics (DEX) +5, Animal Handling (WIS) +3, Arcana (INT) +4, Athletics (STR) +2, Deception (CHA) +8, History (INT) +4, Insight (WIS) +3, Intimidation (CHA) +5, Investigation (INT) +4, Medicine (WIS) +3, Nature (INT) +4, Perception (WIS) +4, Performance (CHA) +6, Persuasion (CHA) +6, Religion (INT) +4, Sleight of Hand (DEX) +4, Stealth (DEX) +4, Survival (WIS) +3

PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 12

Height: 5-9
Weight: 165
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Fair

BACKGROUND: Entertainer
Feature: By Popular Demand - You can always find a place to perform, usually in an inn or tavern but possibly with a circus, at a theater, or even in a noble’s court. At such a place, you receive free lodging and food of a modest or comfortable standard (depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as you perform each night. In addition, your performance makes you something of a local figure. When strangers recognize you in a town where you have performed, they typically take a liking to you.
Origin: Singer
Personality Trait: Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension.
Ideal: Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action.
Bond: I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person’s.
Flaw: I’m a sucker for a pretty face.

LANGUAGES: Common
PROFICIENCIES: Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics, Performance; Disguise kit, four types of musical instrument ; Armor: Light armor; Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
FEATS: Lucky - You have inexplicable luck that seems to kick in at just the right moment. You have 3 luck points. Whenever you make an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, you can spend one luck point to roll an additional d20. You can choose to spend one of your luck points after you roll the die, but before the outcome is determined.

You choose which of the d20s is used for the attack roll, ability check, or saving throw.
You can also spend one luck point when an attack roll is made against you. Roll a d20, and then choose whether the attack uses the attacker's roll or yours. If more than one creature spends a luck point to influence the outcome of a roll, the points cancel each other out; no additional dice are rolled.
You regain your expended luck points when you finish a long rest.

Silver-Tongued - You develop your conversational skill to better deceive others. You gain the following benefits:

Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.

You gain proficiency in the Deception skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.

When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can replace one attack with an attempt to deceive one humanoid you can see within 30 feet of you that can see and hear you. Make a Deception check contested by the target's Insight. If your check succeeds, your movement doesn't provoke opportunity attacks from the target and your attack rolls against it have advantage; both benefits last until the end of your next turn or until you use this ability on a different target. If your check fails, the target can't be deceived by you in this way for 1 hour.

FEATURES AND TRAITS:
Bardic Inspiration - You can use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6. Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (a minimum of once). You regain any expended uses when you finish a long rest. Your Bardic Inspiration die changes when you reach certain levels in this class. The die becomes a d8 at 5th level, a d10 at 10th level, and a d12 at 15th level.

Jack of All Trades - Starting at 2nd level, you can add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.

Song of Rest - Beginning at 2nd level, if you or any friendly creatures who can hear you make a performance regain hit points by spending hit dice at the end of the short rest, each of those creatures regains an extra 1d6 hit points. The extra hit points increase when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d8 at 9th level, to 1d10 at 13th level, and to 1d12 at 17th level.

SPELLS: Cantrips: 2 1st: 3 2nd: 0 3rd: 0 4th: 0 5th: 0 6th: 0 7th: 0 8th: 0 9th: 0
SPELL SAVE DC: 14
SPELL LIST:
Cantrips:
Prestidigitation - This spell is a minor magical trick that novice spellcasters use for practice. You create one of several minor magical effects within range.

Vicious Mockery - Choose a creature you can see. If it can hear you, it must pass a Wisdom save or take 1d4 psychic damage and have disadvantage on its next attack roll before the end of its next turn. The damage increases by 1d4 when you reach 5th, 11th, and 17th level.

1st:
Charm Person - A humanoid you can see must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw, with advantage if you are currently fighting it, or it becomes charmed by you until the spell ends or someone in your party harms it. You can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st.

Faerie Fire - Each object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined in blue, green, or violet light (your choice). Any creature in the area when the spell is cast is also outlined in light if it fails a Dexterity saving throw.

Sleep - Roll 5d8; the total is how many hit points of creatures this spell can affect. Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose are affected in order of their current hit points. Starting at the creature with the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell falls unconscious. If the spell ends, the sleeper takes damage, or someone uses an action wake the sleeper, they are awoken. Roll an additional 2d8 for each slot level above 1st.

Thunderwave - Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution save. On failure, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a success, the creature takes half damage and isn't pushed. The spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet. The damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.

ARMOR: Leather (Light; AC11)
WEAPONS: Rapier, Crossbow (Light), Dagger
EQUIPMENT: Entertainer's Pack (40 gp, 38 lbs): Includes a backpack, a bedroll, 2 costumes, 5 candles, 5 days of rations, a waterskin, and a disguise kit, A musical instrument (one of your choice), the favor of an admirer (love letter, lock of hair, or trinket), a costume, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp

WEALTH:

Comments: Beaver the Bard was one of my actual D&D characters that I adapted again. I played him as a cowardly goofball (wasn’t really a stretch for me) that avoided combat and focused instead of helping is teammates out. When I originally built him, his stats were iffy but I rolled awesome for him this time. He's definitely the most versatile PC. I can't wait to test out that Silver Tongued Feat.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Re: HOUSE RULES

Post by Woodclaw »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:30 am YOU GOT CLOSE, SO LET'S DISCUSS: If a character misses a check by three or less offer them the chance to succeed but with a penalty, or have a negative consequence associated with their success. Sometimes a failure at a skill can be a setback for the players or the DM. In instances of close calls, I like to offer players a tough choice or have some extra consequences comes as a result of the check. An example: Athletics - You successfully swing on the chandelier, but suffer a level of exhaustion.
This rule is actually included in the base game, although without a clear numerical range.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:30 am FLANKING: When a creature and at least one of its allies are adjacent to an enemy and on opposite sides or corners of the enemy’s space, they flank that enemy, and each of them gains +2 to their melee attack rolls against that enemy. If three or more allies are flanking the creature, each of them gain +5 to their melee attack rolls against that enemy.

When in doubt about whether two or more creatures flank an enemy on a grid, trace an imaginary line between the centers of the creatures’ spaces. If the line passes through opposite sides or corners of the enemy’s space, the enemy is flanked.
I strongly advise against this rule, since it makes the "Help" action pretty much insignificant.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Thorpocalypse

Re: HOUSE RULES

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Woodclaw wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:17 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:30 am FLANKING: When a creature and at least one of its allies are adjacent to an enemy and on opposite sides or corners of the enemy’s space, they flank that enemy, and each of them gains +2 to their melee attack rolls against that enemy. If three or more allies are flanking the creature, each of them gain +5 to their melee attack rolls against that enemy.

I strongly advise against this rule, since it makes the "Help" action pretty much insignificant.
I can see that. The reason I want to at least test it is because none of the players I play with except me ever uses Help or Aid or whatever it's called in whatever system we're playing. They're too old school. ;)
Thorpocalypse

Tigorilla

Post by Thorpocalypse »

From a certain perspective, it's an inspiring story of overcoming obstacles.

TIGORILLA
Large Monstrosity, Unaligned

ARMOR CLASS: 13 (Natural Armor)
HP: 49 (5d10+15)
SPEED: 35 ft, Climb 25 ft
INITIATIVE: +2

STR: 18 (+4) DEX: 15 (+2) CON: 16 (+3) INT: 6 (-2) WIS: 13 (+1) CHA: 7 (-2)

SAVING THROWS: STR +4, DEX +2, CON +3, INT -2, WIS +1, CHA -2

SKILLS: Athletics +6, Perception +3, Stealth +4

SENSES: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 13
LANGUAGES: --
CHALLENGE: 2 (450 XP)

TRAITS:
Keen Smell: The tigorilla has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Pounce: If the tigorilla moves at least 20 ft. straight toward a creature and then hits it with a claw Attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the tigorilla can make one bite Attack against it as a Bonus Action.

ACTIONS:
Multiattack. The tigorilla makes a bite attack and two claw attacks.

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d10 + 4) piercing damage.

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) slashing damage.

Comments: My first creature post! A monster from the latest (as of this posting) Magic the Gathering set of Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths, the Ferocious Tigorilla. The card is only good in draft environments (which I suck at) so I never play it since I only play constructed formats (which I suck less at) but from a flavor perspective, it was love at first sight. I think because it’s in the vein of Owlbears and Griffons, just being a mashup of creatures that is just fun.
Woodclaw

Re: J-Mart 5E: Starting PCs, Tigorilla

Post by Woodclaw »

Ikoria is the unholy child of Magic and Godzilla :P
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)