J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
scc

Re: J-Mart Prime: I'll be back. :)

Post by scc »

So sorry to hear about the loss of your father Thorp. It has been some time since we conversed on this forum. But you are in my thoughts and prayers.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, and all the other seesaw messes you're having to handle. 2020 may not be the predicted Mayan year of doom, but I'm certain they listed it as the year of crap somewhere.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

*pours one out for the Odinthorpe*
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Thorpocalypse

V: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

J-Mart is back to work and on a holiday even! Check out this new item on Aisle 1!

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V. - V

V
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 200
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: London, England
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 6 (+11), Deception 9 (+12), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 5 (+10), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 7 (+10), Investigation 5 (+10), Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion 7 (+10), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+13), Sleight of Hand 5 (+10), Stealth 8 (+13), Technology 3 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (2), Close Attack (2), Deep Ties* (1), Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (9), Improved Critical (1), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1), Last Stand*, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Startle, Takedown (2), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Batch-5 Enhancements: Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(45 pts)
Armored Costume: Protection 2; 2 pts
Knives: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous, Double; 3 pts
Arsenal: (27 pts)
Explosives: Burst Area Ballistic Damage 8 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Triggered); 25 pts
Bat Flash Bang Grenade: Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 1 pt
Throwing Knives: Ranged Piercing Damage 5, Dangerous (Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Headquarters: (9 pts)
The Shadow Gallery: Size – H, Tough – 8, Features - Concealed, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop; 9 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +5; Knives +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Throwing +13 [Throwing Knives +5, Critical 19-20]
Special Attack [Explosives +8, Burst Area; Tear Gas Grenades +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll, +0 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: With taking down the Norsefire regime and justice for all.
Relationships: With Evey.
Responsibility: To the Vox Populi.

Abilities 88 + Skills 43 (86 ranks) + Advantages 31 + Powers 2 + Defenses 14 = 178 / 178

Build Comments: Happy Guy Fawkes Night everyone! I couldn’t let this one pass without dropping the man who has become a symbol of the day for us geeks, the one and only V. And considering the state of the world, it really couldn't much more appropriate. ;)

Sadly, I have never read the comic and only seen the movie once a good while ago, so this is mostly Wiki and Wordverse (Wordmaker handled him wonderfully in his setting on the old ATT) fueled.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: On V’s Earth, the world is in turmoil and warfare, with the United States fractured as a result of prolonged second civil war and a pandemic of the "St. Mary's Virus" ravaging Europe. The United Kingdom is ruled as a fascist police state by the Norsefire Party, helmed by all-powerful High Chancellor Adam Sutler. Political opponents, immigrants, Jews, Muslims, atheists, homosexuals, and other "undesirables" are imprisoned and executed in concentration camps.

On November 4, a vigilante in a Guy Fawkes mask identifying himself as "V" rescues Evey Hammond, an employee of the state-run British Television Network, from members of the "Fingermen" secret police while she is out past curfew. From a rooftop, they watch his demolition of London's main criminal court, the Old Bailey, accompanied by fireworks and the 1812 Overture. Inspector Finch of Scotland Yard is tasked with investigating V's activities while BTN declares the incident an "emergency demolition". V interrupts the broadcast to claim responsibility, encouraging the people of Britain to rise up against their government and meet him on next year's Guy Fawkes Night outside the Houses of Parliament. During the broadcast, the police attempt to capture V. Evey helps him escape, but is knocked unconscious.

V takes Evey to his home, where she is told she must remain for one year. V then kills Lewis Prothero, Norsefire's chief propagandist, and Anthony Lilliman, the Bishop of London. Evey offers to help, and uses the opportunity to escape to the home of her boss, comedian and talk show host Gordon Deitrich. In return for Evey trusting him with her safety, Gordon reveals prohibited materials including subversive paintings, an antique Quran, and homoerotic photographs. Meanwhile, V confronts Dr. Delia Surridge, who had experimented on him and many other "undesirables" 20 years ago at Larkhill concentration camp; seeing her remorse for her past actions, he kills her painlessly.

After Gordon performs a satire of the government on his show, his home is raided and Evey is captured. She is imprisoned and tortured for information about V, with her only solace being a note written by actress Valerie Page, a former prisoner who was tortured and killed for her lesbianism. Evey is told she will be executed unless she reveals V's location. When she says she would rather die, she is inexplicably released and then finds herself in V's home. It turns out that V was the one who had "captured" her at Gordon's home, and staged her imprisonment and torture to free her from her fears. The note was real, passed from Valerie to V when he was imprisoned. He also informs her that Deitrich had been executed when the Quran was found in his home. While Evey initially hates V for what he did to her, she realises she has become a stronger person. She leaves him, promising to return before 5 November.

Reading the deceased Surridge's journal, Finch learns V is the result of human experimentation and has been targeting the people who detained him. Despite being stonewalled by the government, Finch searches for the true identity of V, tracing him to a bioweapons program in Larkhill. Finch meets William Rookwood, who tells him that the program, which was directed by Sutler (who was then Undersecretary of Defence), resulted in the creation of the deadly St. Mary's Virus. He further reveals that Creedy, a leader of the Norsefire Party, released the virus onto English soil, killing 100,000 British residents and framing the outbreak as an attack by a terrorist organisation. The Party, which promised security in times of social instability, used the ensuing wave of fear to elevate Sutler to the newly created office of High Chancellor and win an overwhelming majority in Parliament, becoming the elected government. Finch later discovers the man he met was V in disguise, and though he initially disbelieves the story, his faith in the Norsefire government is severely shaken.

As 5 November nears, V distributes thousands of Guy Fawkes masks, and the population questions Party rule as the nation slowly descends into anarchy. On the eve of 5 November, Evey visits V, who shows her an explosive-laden train in the abandoned London Underground, set to destroy Parliament. He leaves it to Evey to decide whether to use it. V meets Party Leader Creedy, with whom he made a deal to surrender in exchange for Sutler's execution. After Creedy executes Sutler, V reneges on his deal and kills Creedy and his men. Mortally wounded, he returns to Evey and tells her he loves her before dying.

As Evey places V's body aboard the train, she is found by Finch. Disillusioned by the Party's regime, Finch allows Evey to send the train off. On the surface, thousands of unarmed Londoners wearing Guy Fawkes masks march towards Parliament. Since Creedy and Sutler are both dead, the military receives no orders, and allows the crowd to pass. As Parliament is destroyed, Finch asks Evey for V's identity, to which she replies, "He was all of us."

However, rumors persist that V still lives…

Characterization: A charismatic and skilled anarchist terrorist who had been the unwilling subject of experimentation by Norsefire.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart Prime: Happy Guy Fawkes Night! V

Post by Jabroniville »

Neat! Good to see you back and building again!
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Man, I really, really miss the Wordverse (seriously, anybody here knows where to find a copy of that thread? I'd be VERY grateful), and the V vs. Captain America fight is a top-notch demonstration: V gets his rear end thoroughly kicked by Cap, but he still won because his persuasion rolls pulled through and he managed to convince Steve that the Superhuman Registration Act is wrong, making the revolution to get rid of it truly kick into high gear.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

marcoasalazarm wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:29 am Man, I really, really miss the Wordverse (seriously, anybody here knows where to find a copy of that thread? I'd be VERY grateful), and the V vs. Captain America fight is a top-notch demonstration: V gets his rear end thoroughly kicked by Cap, but he still won because his persuasion rolls pulled through and he managed to convince Steve that the Superhuman Registration Act is wrong, making the revolution to get rid of it truly kick into high gear.
I know, I am bummed that it is gone, too. I kept saying I was going to copy stuff from there in case they ever killed those boards and I never did. Maybe Mr. Short still has them somewhere even if they came before he became a published author.
Davies

Re: V: Earth-T1

Post by Davies »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:20 am Sadly, I have never read the comic
Ye short version, it's much less optimistic.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Nice to see that you're keeping up the tradition of reposting V on November 5th.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Thorpocalypse

Archangel: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Back to the First Class!

I bet I'm the first Angel who had to break into heaven! - Archangel

ARCHANGEL
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+9/+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 1 (+5/+9), Deception (+2), Expertise [Business] 4 (+5), Insight (+4), Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Benefit (4) (Wealth 4 [Multimillionaire]), Close Attack (2), Diehard, Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Aerial Mastery: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Skills 5 (Acrobatics 6 ranks, Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Advantages 6 (Agile Feint, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Takedown 2; Flaw: Limited to when flying); 8 pts
Avian Physiology: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended]), Immunity 1 (High Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [High Altitude]), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 7 pts
Techno-Organic Wings: Flight 8 (500 mph/1 mpr; Flaw: Winged); 8 pts
Wing Shield: Protection 2 (Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts
Wing Weapons: 7 pt Array; 9 pts
Razor Feather Blast: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 7 (Extra: Accurate 5); 26 pts
Neurotoxic Feather Blast: Ranged Multiattack Affliction 7 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Accurate 5); 1 pt
Wing Wind: Cumulative Cone Area Affliction 9 (Air; Resisted and Overcome by Strength/Agility; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limted to two degrees); 1 pt
Wing Slash: Slashing Strength-based Damage 4 (Extra: Dangerous, Split); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +4; Wing Slash +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Razor Feathers +11 [Ranged Attack +7, Multiattack; Neurotoxin Feathers Affliction +7, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Wing Wind +9, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+12 when Flying) [DC20/22] Parry +10 (+12 when Flying) [DC20/22]
Toughness +6 (+8 Wing Shield), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Cameron Hodge, Apocalypse.
Involuntary Transformation: Severe injury or extreme stress will make him change into his Archangel persona.
Motivation: Protecting his mutant brothers, especially new mutants.
Power Loss: If his wings are removed, he loses his flying abilities as well as his Regeneration and Healing powers.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: He is close to his "First Class" teammates and he is usually involved with some woman.
Responsibility: He is very involved with, and responsible for his father's company, Worthington Enterprises as well as remaining dedicated to Xavier's Dream.
Temper: In his Archangel form, Warren has a quick temper and must fight against a bloodthirsty nature encoded in him by Apocalypse.

Abilities 68 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 54 + Defenses 10 = 150 / 150

Comments: Warren as a PC. He fits pretty well here, just some slight adjustments from my main build.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Beast: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're shifting into Beast Mode here at J-Mart!

I like to think of X-Force as a dark orchestra. Some of us prefer the spotlight of the melody... like a shrill, brilliant violin... or a fun, emotive sax. While others harmonize in the background. Some serve a necessary function by mindlessly beating drums and crashing cymbals... pleasuring in their violent rhythm. And there are those who are as versatile as a cello... able to play melody or harmony, to swing between the brightest and darkest notes. And I... I am their conductor. - Beast

BEAST
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 8; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-5
Weight: 402
Hair: Blue
Skin: Blue
Race: Mutant
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Westchester County, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 8, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+16) [Accelerated Acrobatics*], Athletics 4 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+11), Deception (+3), Expertise [Biology] 9 (+18), Expertise [Mutations] 9 (+18), Expertise [Science] 6 (+15), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 2 (+11), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 7 (+10), Stealth (+8), Technology 6 (+15) [Inventor], Treatment 4 (+13), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Acrobatics*, Benefit (1) (Ambidexterity), Defensive Attack (Unarmed), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Fighting Climb*, Inventor, Languages (3) (Latin, Japanese, Sh’iar, Krakoan, 6 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Beast Hide: Feature 1 (Insulating Fur), Protection 1; 2 pts
Beast Physiology: Feature 1 (Prehensile Feet), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 3 (16 mph/250 fpr), Movement 1 (Wall Crawling [Speed rank -1]), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 10 pts
Beast Senses: Senses 4 (Low Light Vision, Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Acute, Extended]); 4 pts
Pheromones: Perception Ranged Affliction 2 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, Extra: Cumulative, Subtle, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees], Limited [opposite sex only], Sense Dependent [Olfactory]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Krakoan Tech Costume: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (+9 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Fame: He is one of the leading spokespeople for the Mutant race in addition to being a world class biologist and Avengers member.
Monstrous Appearance: His beastly appearance can make it difficult for Henry to blend into normal society.
Phobia: With his mutation constantly in flux, he has a great fear of losing his intelligence and becoming a true beast.
Relationships: Most of the X-Men, although he is very close to Professor X, his fellow "First Class"-mates (even though he and Scott are often on "the outs" because of Scott's more radical viewpoint), Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne (from his time with the Avengers), and he is currently sort of dating Abigail Brand of S.W.O.R.D.
Responsibility: Xavier's Dream.

Abilities 102 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 21 + Defenses 10 = 184 / 184

Build Comments: I am really happy with the way this version of Hank came out. He's PL10, which felt right, and he’s a kickin’ scientist, tech guy and medic which has really become his main role in the X-Verse as of late. Well, at least before he walked out a little while back, but you know he and Scott would make up eventually.

Secret Origins: Henry Philip "Hank" McCoy was born in Dundee, Illinois, in the United States, to Norton and Edna McCoy. His father, Norton McCoy, is employed at a local nuclear power plant before Henry's birth and was once exposed to intense nuclear radiation, which appears to have caused his son's mutation. Hank is born with a vast intellect, unusually long arms and legs, and unusually large hands and feet for a human; in fact, his body's proportions are comparable to those of a gorilla and later stories reveal his nickname in school was "Magilla Gorilla".

Henry's mutation more fully manifests during adolescence, providing greater strength and agility, and although his powers allow him to briefly excel in athletics during his remaining time at school, he soon attracts the animosity of his fellow students and other non-mutant humans. As he seeks refuge, he is approached by Professor Charles Xavier, who invites him to study at "Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters".

Henry recognizes the opportunities such an institution can offer him and accepts the invitation. He finds the school both a fountain of scientific knowledge and a place of sanctuary and is there introduced to the X-Men, who accept him into their ranks and give him the codename Beast.

The Story so Far: Hank leaves the X-Men shortly after his twentieth birthday, after remarking that he is no longer one of the "strangest teens of all." He becomes a research scientist at the Brand Corporation, a genetics research facility. His assistant, Linda Donaldson, quickly becomes his girlfriend. Hank isolates a "hormonal extract" allowing anyone to become a mutant for a short period of time, and uses the mutagenic serum on himself to disguise his appearance while foiling an attempt to steal his research. However, he waits too long to reverse the process, leaving him permanently transformed. He has grown grey fur (which later turns blue) all over his body and acquired pointed ears, elongated canine teeth, claws, the ability to run on walls and ceilings like a spider, enhanced senses, an accelerated healing factor, and a feral side he struggles to control.

Not long after this transformation, he is recruited to join the Avengers as a provisional member. He is later granted full Avengers membership and remains a member for a few years, becoming a close friend of Wonder Man. He leaves the team periodically to rejoin the X-Men during times of need. He joined the Defenders briefly, as well as the Doom Patrol and helps the original X-Men form X-Factor.

Later, as the world experiences a mutant baby boom, much of the mutant community seemingly begins experiencing "secondary mutations", often taking the form of additional or enhanced abilities. Beast's secondary mutation is "jumpstarted" due to the powers of teammate Sage. The further mutation causes Beast to develop a more feline physique, to which he initially has some trouble adapting and haunted by the possibility that his new form is simply a step in a continuous state of devolution. However, after a period of adjustment, he became comfortable with his new mutation and was his old self again.

Beast had a falling out with Cyclops over Scott's increasingly militant and extremist attitude to protecting the mutant species at all costs, even at the cost of sacrificing his friends to do so. He rejoined the Avengers for a time and after the separations of the X-Men in two teams, Beast is one of them to go with Wolverine to Westchester to open "The Jean Grey School for Higher Learning".

Recently, Beast and Scott have reconciled at least most of their differences and Hank has joined the Justice League at Scott’s request to be his conscience.

Characterization: Hank possesses a brilliant intellect. He is a world-renowned biochemist, having earned Ph.D.s in Biophysics and Genetics, and is the man who cured the Legacy Virus. He frequently functions as both field medic and in-house physician for the X-Men, despite not technically having an MD. His intelligence and expertise in genetics rival that of Professor X, Moira McTaggert, and Kavita Rao. A Renaissance man, McCoy is well-versed in many fields including several languages, literature, philosophy, psychology, and sociology, history, art and art history, anthropology, linguistics, and music, as well as in political science and economics with a special affinity for science and technology and a penchant for quoting literary classics. His vast scientific knowledge ranges from theoretical physics, quantum mechanics, differential equations, nanotechnology, anatomy, biomedicine, analytical chemistry, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering.

Friends and Foes: Hank is one of the most respected men in the superhero community and has several allies thanks to his time with the X-Men, Avengers and other teams. He is closest to his original X-Men teammates and maintains his friendship with Simon Williams, Wonder Man. He is currently in a relationship with Abigail Brand of SWORD, although he seems to take it more seriously than she does most of the time.

His greatest nemesis is Dark Beast, his counterpart from the Age of Apocalypse dimension that was transported and stranged here. The two of them have had many memorable encounters and Hank fears becoming what Dark Hank turned into years ago.
Thorpocalypse

Beast: Earth-302

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More Beast Mode Specials are hitting the J-Mart shelves!

I've always wondered why people choose to cut their palms for blood rituals like this. Lots of nerve endings. Hand wounds often nag and heal slowly. Turns out palm blood is required. The grimoire asks for it by name. - Beast

BEAST
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: 4; DPL: 8; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 300
Hair: Brown
Team Affiliations: X-Men

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+9), Deception (+2), Expertise [Magic] 3 (+10) [Ritualist], Expertise [Science] 6 (+13), Insight 3 (+6), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 1 (+8), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Magic] 4 (+8), Stealth (+7), Technology 6 (+13) [Inventor], Vehicles 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Benefit (1) (Ambidexterity), Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Languages (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ritualist, Teamwork

POWERS:
Thick Skin: Protection 1; 1 pt
Beast Physiology: Feature 1 (Prehensile Feet), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 11 pts
Beast Senses: Senses 4 (Low Light Vision, Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Acute, Extended]); 4 pts
Mystic Portals: Teleport 10 (1000 miles; Extra: Attack, Dimensional, Extended, Portal, Flaw: Extended only); 31 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +7]
Ranged Attack +2
Magic +8

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Inferiority Complex: He has always been self-conscious about his appearance.
Relationships: He is very close to Professor X and his fellow "First Class"-mates.

Abilities 84 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 47 + Defenses 11 = 171 / 171

Build Comments: The new time displaced Beast in the comics is close to his original incarnation, but with a little twist. While he was trying to figure out how to get them back to their own time, he kept failing with science so he started to study magic from Dr. Strange to try to figure it out that way.
Thorpocalypse

Beast: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Beast Mode wraps up with this new item for our PC line!

Oh.. My stars and garters! - Beast

BEAST
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 8, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 3 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Science] 7 (+16), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 1 (+9), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth (+8/+7), Technology 7 (+16) [Inventor], Treatment 2 (+11), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Benefit (1) (Ambidexterity), Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Languages (1) (Latin, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Beast Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Beast Hide: Feature 1 (Insulating Fur), Protection 2; 3 pts
Beast Physiology: Feature 1 (Prehensile Feet), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 3 (16 mph/250 fpr), Movement 1 (Wall Crawling [Speed rank -1]), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Fame: He is one of the leading spokespeople for the Mutant race in addition to being a world class biologist and Avengers member.
Monstrous Appearance: His beastly appearance can make it difficult for Henry to blend into normal society
Phobia: With his mutation constantly in flux, he has a great fear of losing his intelligence and becoming a true beast
Relationships: Most of the X-Men, although he is very close to Professor X, his fellow "First Class"-mates (even though he and Scott are often on "the outs" because of Scott's more radical viewpoint), Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne (from his time with the Avengers), and he is currently sort of dating Abigail Brand of S.W.O.R.D.

Abilities 86 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 23 + Defenses 14 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: My PC take on current big beastie Hank.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Wolverine: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

It's time for a Canucklehead Special!

James, Logan, Patch, Weapon X, Wolverine... Canada, Madripoor, New York, Japan... Krakoa... Names scramble. Time gets slippery. My brain feels bruised black. I don't know when, where or even who I am. But I do know this: I'm an expert on pain. - Wolverine

WOLVERINE (LOGAN)
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 9; DPL: 11; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 5-3
Weight: 300
Hair: Black
Team Affiliations: X-Men; Outsiders; Avengers; Justice League; SHIELD; X-Force

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 8 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+16), Deception (+3), Expertise [Military] 4 (+6), Expertise [Streetwise] 3 (+5), Insight 5 (+13) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation 9 (+13) [Startle], Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 11 (+19), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 5 (+9), Stealth 9 (+13), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (2) (Claws, Unarmed), Animal Empathy, Assessment, Beginner’s Luck, Close Attack (3), Diehard, Combat Clarity* (1), Deep Ties* (1) (Redemption), Equipment (1), Favored Foe (Sabretooth), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (2) (Claws 2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (3) (Japanese, German, French, Lakota, Hindi, 5 others, Base: English), Last Stand*, Power Attack (2) (Claws, Unarmed), Second Chance (Will checks against Mind Control effects), Startle, Takedown (2), Ultimate Effort (Will)

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 8 (4 every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Regrowth); 21 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 9 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]; Scent [Extended, Ranged, Accurate, Acute, Tracking], Low-Light Vision); 9 pts
Adamantium Laced Bone Claws: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3 (Extra: Breaking, Penetrating 7, Split); 12 pts
Adamantium Skeleton: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 1, Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaw: Limited to lifting [3200 lb]), Protection 2, Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits); 7 pts
Berserker Rage: Enhanced Will 2, Enhanced Advantages 4 (Improved Critical 2 [Claws 2], Second Chance [Will checks against Mind Control effects], Ultimate Effort [Will Check]), Immunity 2 (Mind Reading), Buzzsaw Strike 7 (Extra: Multiattack 7 on Claw Strike); (Flaws: Limited [only when Raging], Side Effect [Cannot use Awareness based skills, Must make DC20 Will Check each round to stop fighting until incapacitated or exhausted]); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Krakoan Tech Costume: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +15 [Claws +7, Critical 18-20; Raging Claws +7, Critical 16-20, Multiattack]
Unarmed +16 [Punch +5; Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +4
Firearms +9

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +8 (+10 when Raging, Ultimate Effort when Raging)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sabretooth, Daken, Cyber, Romulus and others.
Honor: Logan generally lives by the samurai code, especially when in Japan. But he's willing to break it from time to time…
Redemption: Logan has a lot of guilt about the things he's done and he tries to be the best hero, friend, and mentor he can be now to try and make up for them.
Reputation: He's the best he is at what he does, but what he does isn't very nice.
Relationships: Jubilee, X-23, Jean Grey, the X-students, memories of his deceased loves.
Rivalry: He and Cyclops have a long running rivalry for the affections of Jean Grey. And he has a thing about taking down Hulks, too.
Temper: He does have just a WEE bit of a temper…
Vulnerable: Because of his Adamantium skeleton he very vulnerable to Magnetic attacks.
Vulnerable: He is vulnerable to the Muramasa blade and items made from it that cancel out his healing factor and can kill him. Vibranium can also slow his healing factor as well.

Abilities 90 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 54 + Defenses 8 = 212 / 212

Build Comments: The best there is at what he does got a bit of tweaking in this review, although most of my original ideas for him stayed the same. He’s a really good match for The Hulk family with this build and can struggle against characters that use bladed weapons or energy attacks, which seems pretty much the way he’s generally been portrayed.

I have the distinct feeling, though, that Marvel is going to kill him off soon. Not sure why since he’s still moving a lot of product for them, but it just seems like “he’s due”, you know what I mean? Seems like a dying is a rite of passage for the big names these days.

Secret Origins: Wolverine was born as James Howlett in Alberta, Canada, in the late 1880s, to rich farm owners John and Elizabeth Howlett. However, he is actually the illegitimate son of the Howlett's groundskeeper, Thomas Logan and Elizabeth. After being thrown off the Howlett's property for violent actions perpetrated by his other son, named simply Dog, Thomas returned to the Howlett manor and killed John Howlett. In retaliation, young James kills Thomas with bone claws that emerge from the back of his hands as his mutation manifests. James is cast out by his mother, who then kills herself. He fled with his childhood companion, Rose (who closely resembles Jean Grey) and grew into manhood on a mining colony in the Yukon Territory, adopting the name "Logan". After accidentally killing Rose with his claws, Logan left the colony and lived for a time in the wilderness among wolves, until returning to civilization, residing with the Blackfoot Indians. Following the death of his Blackfoot lover, Silver Fox, at the hands of Sabretooth, he was ushered into the Canadian military during World War I.

The Story so Far: Logan then spent some time in Madripoor, before settling in Japan, where he married a woman named Itsu and had a son, Daken.

During World War II, Logan teamed up with Captain America and continued a career as a soldier-of-fortune and adventurer. He then served with the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion during D-Day, and the CIA, before being recruited by Team X, a black ops unit.

As a member of Team X, Logan was given false memory implants. He continued on the team until he was able to break free of the mental control and joined the Canadian Defense Ministry. Logan was subsequently kidnapped by the Weapon X program, where he remained captive and experimented on, until he escaped. It is during his imprisonment by Weapon X that he had unbreakable adamantium forcibly fused onto his bones.

Logan is eventually discovered by James and Heather Hudson, who helped him recover his humanity. Following his recovery, this time under the supervision of Department H, Logan once again worked as an intelligence operative for the Canadian government. Logan becomes Wolverine, one of Canada's first superheroes. In his first mission, he is dispatched to stop the destruction caused by a brawl between the Hulk and the Wendigo.

Later on, Professor Charles Xavier recruited Wolverine to a new team of X-Men. Disillusioned with his Canadian intelligence work and intrigued by Xavier's offer, Logan resigned from Department H. However, it was later learned that Professor X had wiped Logan's memories and forced him to join the X-Men after Wolverine was sent to assassinate Xavier.

Logan has been a member of the X-Men ever since and over time has become one of Xavier’s staunchest supporters. He has been involved in countless adventures with the team and on his own, working with superheroes all over the world and fighting numerous foes. He has been an Agent of SHIELD, an Avenger, a member of X-Force and is currently a member of The Outsiders while maintaining his ties to the X-Men and the Jean Grey School, which he founded during his falling out with Cyclops.

Characterization: Wolverine is known for his brutal nature in combat and his willingness to prove that he is”the best at what he does, but what he does isn’t very nice”. In contrast to his brutish nature, Wolverine is extremely knowledgeable. Due to his increased lifespan, he has traveled around the world and amassed extensive knowledge of foreign languages and cultures. He is fluent in English, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Spanish, Arabic, and Lakota; he also has some knowledge of French, Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Korean, Hindi, and Persian. When Forge monitored Wolverine's vitals during a Danger Room training session, he called Logan's physical and mental state "equivalent of an Olympic-level gymnast performing a gold medal routine while simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head." Much to Professor Xavier's disapproval, Wolverine is also a heavy drinker and smoker - his healing powers negate the long term effects of alcohol and tobacco and allow him to indulge in prolonged binges.

Friends and Foes: Wolverine is frequently depicted as a gruff loner, often taking leave from the X-Men to deal with personal issues or problems. He is often irreverent and rebellious towards authority figures, though he is a reliable ally and capable leader. He has been a mentor and father figure to several younger women, especially Jubilee, Kitty Pryde and X-23, and has had romantic relationships with numerous women, as well as a mutual, but unfulfilled attraction to Jean Grey, leading to jealous run-ins with her boyfriend, and later husband, Scott Summers. He also married Viper as part of a debt, and then later divorced her. It has also been implied that he and Squirrel Girl had a relationship at some point in the past.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Wolverine: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I smell back bacon...Must be time for another Canucklehead Special!

You work for the X-Men long enough and you learn all kinds of things. Like Emma doesn't like it when you stand on the back of her cape. Nightcrawler's two-fingered poker technique could be very distracting. And there actually is a temperature below which it is not safe to put your tongue on Colossus. - Wolverine

WOLVERINE
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4 [5], STAMINA 8, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 3 (+8), Close Combat [Claws] 2 (+12), Deception (+1), Expertise [Military] 2 (+3), Insight (+7), Intimidation 10 (+11), Investigation (+1), Perception 8 (+15), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 3 (+5), Sleight of Hand (+2), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology (+1), Treatment (+1), Vehicles (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Beginner’s Luck, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (2) (Claws 2), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (Japanese, 1 other, Base: English), Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 8 (8/every 10 rounds); 12 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 8 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]; Scent [Extended, Accurate, Acute, Tracking], Low-Light Vision); 8 pts
Adamantium Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 7); 10 pts
Adamantium Skeleton: Enhanced Strength 1, Protection 2, Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 5 pts
Berserker Rage: Enhanced Will 2, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Ultimate Effort [Will Check]), Immunity 4 (Critical Hits, Mind Reading), Buzzsaw Strike 8 (Extra: Multiattack on Claw Strike); (Flaws: Limited [only when Raging], Side Effect [Cannot use Awareness based skills, Must make DC20 Will Check each round to stop fighting until incapacitated or exhausted]); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +5]
Claws +12 [Claws +8, Critical 18-20; Raging Claws +8, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +2
Firearms +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +8 (+10 when Raging, Ultimate Effort when Raging)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Sabretooth, Daken, Cyber, Romulus and others.
Honor: Wolverine generally lives by the samurai code, especially when in Japan. But he's willing to break it from time to time…
Relationships: Jubilee, X-23, Jean Grey, the X-students, memories of his deceased loves.
Reputation: He's the best he is at what he does, but what he does isn't very nice.
Rivalry: He and Cyclops have a long running rivalry for the affections of Jean Grey. And he has a thing about taking down Hulks, too.
Temper: He does have just a WEE bit of a temper…
Vulnerable: Because of his Adamantium skeleton he very vulnerable to Magnetic attacks.
Vulnerable: He is vulnerable to the Muramasa blade and items made from it that cancel out his healing factor and can kill him. Vibranium can also slow his healing factor as well.

Abilities 74 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 40 + Defenses 8 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Wolverine as PC, bub. He's another build that’s not too hard to fit into the format and really get the flavor of his character.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.