J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
squirrelly-sama

Re: J-Mart: Tracer, Brigitte, Reinhardt, Winston, McRee, Mei, Mercy

Post by squirrelly-sama »

I really love the Mercy Memes where she's secretly evil, a play on all the "Healer is 110% done with your shit." memes.

Edit: Savage Mercy
Spoiler
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Tracer, Brigitte, Reinhardt, Winston, McRee, Mei, Mercy

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Davies wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:55 am Umm ... why is her Offensive PL 10? Her Ranged Attack is 9 and her Ranged Damage is 5.
I thought Healing was limited by PL caps so her Ranged Attack is +9 and her Ranged Healing is +10, for PL10 on offense. If I am wrong, I'll gladly adjust.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Genji: Earth-T1/PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another item that proves I'm still a NINJAHOLIC as we keep this Overwatch run going!

The dragon becomes me! - Genji

GENJI
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 4; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-7
Weight: 200
Eyes: Red
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive
Race: Human Cyborg
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: Overwatch; Blackwatch

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [4], STAMINA 2 [5], AGILITY -1 [7], DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+13), Athletics 8 (+13), Close Combat [Short Blades] 1 (+14), Deception (+1), Expertise [Ninja] 5 (+7), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation (+1), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Shuriken] 4 (+12), Stealth 6 (+13) [Hide In Plain Sight], Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Cybernetic Ninja: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Stamina 3, Enhanced Agility 8; 26 pts
Cyber Agility: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 6 pts
Cyber Shuriken: 12 pt Array; 13 pts
Fan of Blades: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 4; 12 pts
Shuriken: Ranged Piercing Damage 4 (Extra: Penetrating 4); 1 pt

Dragon Ninja: 24 pt Array, Easily Removable (Requires blade; -10 pts); 16 pts
Deflect: Deflect 12 (Extra: Reflect); 24 pts
Swift Strike: Enhanced Advantages 6 (Short Blades 3, Long Blades 3, Extra: Linked [Enhanced Speed], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]), Enhanced Speed 2 (8 mph [16 mph]/120 fpr [250 fpr], Extra: Linked [Enhanced Advantages], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Dragonblade Strike: Add Multiattack Extra to Katana [8 ranks] or Wakizashi [7 ranks] Damage, Extra: Linked [Enhanced Advantages], Flaw: Tiring), Enhanced Advantages 6 (Short Blades 3, Long Blades 3, Extra: Linked [Multiattack Extra], Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Wakizashi: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +4; Katana +7, Critical 19-20; Swift Strike Katana +7, Critical 16-20; Dragonblade Katana +7, Critical 16-20, Multitattack]
Short Blades +14 [Wakizashi +6, Critical 19-20; Swift Strike Wakizashi +6, 16-20 Critical; Dragonblade Wakizashi +6, Critical 16-20, Multitattack]
Ranged Attack +8 [Deflect +12]
Shuriken +12 [Shuriken +4; Fan of Blades +4, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

b]COMPLICATIONS:[/b]
Relationships: He is close to his mentor Zenyatta and is indebted to Mercy for saving him.
Responsibility: To Overwatch.
Sibling Bond: Genji is trying to save is brother Hanzo's soul from the guilt that he feels over trying to kill Genji previously.

Abilities 52 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 49 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Genji is a Cyborg Ninja. Odin bless the geeks at Blizzard that said “go with that, the 13-year-old boy in all men will LOVE it!”

Genji looks like a fun play. As I stated before, if played, I’d have to main a tank or support to even have a chance to be useful. With his mobility and Dragonblade Ultimate it might work for me.

...Nah… ;)

Secret Origins: Genji was born into the Shimada Empire as the second child of Sojiro Shimada, who is the master of his clan, three years after his brother Hanzo. As the younger child, Genji inherited the clan's wealth and power without any responsibilities. His body, which was small and diminutive, earned him the nickname of "Sparrow" from his father. Though he was trained in sword fighting, Genji was able to enjoy a frivolous lifestyle.

Most of the clan saw Genji's carelessness as a liability, but his father didn't mind. When their father died, Hanzo's first action as its new head was to convince Genji to take more responsibility in the clan. Genji refused, and a fight broke out between the two that left Genji injured, scarred, and on the verge of death. He was secretly rescued by Overwatch agents and nursed back to health by Dr. Angela Ziegler, a.k.a. Mercy.

The Story so Far: Overwatch's doctors and scientists developed cutting-edge prosthetics for Genji that enhanced his natural speed, agility, and reflexes. As a member of Blackwatch division of Overwatch, Genji began to dismantle the Shimada Empire. As time went on, however, Genji felt repulsed by his mechanical half and left Overwatch when the job was done.

Genji had wandered around the world for many years, and spent an amount of time with the Bedouins, trying to come to peace with his cyborg body. After drifting for many years, Genji met Zenyatta, a member of the Shambali that helped Genji to come to terms with his new existence. Genji moved into their monastery in Nepal with Zenyatta as his mentor.

At the time of the Overwatch recall, Genji had returned to Japan. Genji came to Hanamura on the day of his supposed "death" to confront Hanzo, who did not recognize him. The two fought, and Genji came out on top with the opportunity to kill Hanzo. He did not, instead revealing his identity, forgiving Hanzo, and giving him some words to ponder before vanishing, that the world was once again changing and it's time to choose a side.

Characterization: In the past, Genji was a playboy that had been more content with enjoying life than running his family's criminal empire. After his near-death experience, Genji dedicated himself to demolishing his former consortium. However, he began to have an existential crisis and self-loathing regarding his cybernetic state after his mission. It was not until he encountered Zenyatta that he made peace with himself.

Genji is a faithful and tolerant idealist, forgiving Hanzo for leaving him on the verge of death and still having hope that he can change himself for the better. At times he shows wisdom, picking up some of the things that Zenyatta has taught him.

Despite his hardships, Genji maintains a sense of humor, jokingly calling himself "Green Cyborg Ninja Dude". He also seemed to enjoy arcade games and ramen before he became a cyborg, as shown by his dialogue at Hanamura.
Thorpocalypse

Genji: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Hanzo: Earth-T1/PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

A companion piece to our last new item is hitting the shelves!

Let the dragon consume you! - Hanzo

HANZO
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 4; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-8
Weight: 175
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 10 (+12), Deception (+2), Expertise [Ninja] 8 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+9), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Bow] 8 (+14), Stealth 7 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Deadeye*, Defensive Roll (3), Eagle Eyes*, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Wall Climb: Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling [Normal Speed], Flaw: Limited to when running); 1 pt
Dragonstrike: 18 pts Traits, Easily Removable (Requires bow/arrow; -8 pts); 10 pts
Dragonstrike Arrow: Line Area Spirit Energy Damage 9 (Extra: Line Area x2 [60 ft line], Flaw: Tiring); 18 pts
Storm Bow: 14 pt Array; 19 pts, Easy Removable (-8 pts); 11 pts
Scatter Arrow: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 5 (Extra: Homing 2, Ricochet 2, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 14 pts
Storm Arrow: Ranged Piercing Damage 5 (Extra: Penetrating 4]); 1 pt
Dragonfang Arrow: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 7 (Poison; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Flaw: Inaccurate, Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Flash Bang Arrow: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Sonic Arrow: Remote Sensing 3 (250 ft; Visual, Extra: Linked [Senses], Flaw: Medium [Arrow]), Senses 1 (Infravision, Extra: Linked [Remote Sensing]); 1 pt
Bow Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 1; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +2; Bow Bash +3]
Ranged Attack +6
Bow +14 [Storm Arrow +5, Critical 19-20; Scatter Arrow +5, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Dragonfang Arrow +12 [Dragonfang Arrow Affliction +7, Critical 19-20]
Special Attack [Flash Bang Arrow Affliction +5, Burst Area; Dragonstrike Arrow +9, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Hanzo destroyed his former clan and the remnants will never forgive him and are constantly trying to take him out.
Motivation: Restoring his honor.
Relationships: With his brother Genji, who he nearly killed.
Weakness: Hanzo seems to have a serious sweet tooth that may cause him to let his guard down at inopportune times.

Abilities 68 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 22 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Poor Hanzo. The whipping boy of Overwatch fandom. I guess players that frequently select Hanzo as their character, "Hanzo mains" as they are known, apparently receive a lot of tox…nope, not using that buzzword…assholic hate from other players. I guess they think the "Hanzo mains" are not sufficiently skilled with the character to contribute to the team's effort.

The Hanzo Mains sound like my people! :D

I have and will always have a soft spot for archer characters, so I had to give some love to Hanzo. I even tacked on a couple of extra trick arrows for flavor.

Secret Origins: Hanzo was born into the Shimada Empire as the first child of Sojiro Shimada, who is the master of his clan, three years before his brother Genji. As the eldest child, he would be the heir to the empire after his father. His family trained him in martial arts, archery, sword fighting, all of which he became extremely skilled at.

Though Hanzo took his position seriously, Genji did not. After their father died, and under instruction from the clan's elders, Hanzo's first action was to convince Genji to take more responsibility in the clan. Genji refused, leading to a violent fight and Hanzo was forced to kill his brother. Upon Genji's assumed death, Hanzo left the clan out of sorrow. He vowed never to use a sword again and turned to archery for combat. The Shimada clan was later dismantled by Overwatch.

The Story so Far: Hanzo wandered the world after leaving, though every year he would return to Hanamura on the anniversary of his brother's "death" to put incense offerings for him. Many assassins were sent after him during this time. Hanzo returned to Hanamura again on that special day, only to find what he believes to be an assassin stalking him. At first, he did not realize who it was, but after a long fight, the assassin revealed himself to be Genji. Genji forgave Hanzo for almost murdering him, and left him again after leaving him some words to ponder.[2]

Around Christmas time, Hanzo was seen browsing a traditional Christmas cake.

Characterization: Hanzo constantly aims to prove himself, be it for responsibility or redemption. He heavily preoccupies a code of honor, yet displays arrogance at times. Despite their sibling rivalry, Hanzo really cares about Genji, as proven by the fact that he rejected his own clan when the clan's duty forced him to kill his brother. Nonetheless, he sometimes misses his home and laments about what could've happened if he'd fulfilled his destiny as the master of the Shimada clan.

Although his regards to his family and duty have caused him a lot of trauma, Hanzo has his moments where he shows his own sense of humor. He enjoys a good bowl of ramen once in a while and, oddly enough, may have an interest in riches, as conveyed by when he asks Junkrat about where he hides his treasure.
Thorpocalypse

Hanzo: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Omnics: Multiversal

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Time for some additions to our MINIONS R US line are hitting the shelves!

ROBOTS (OMNIC NULLIFIER)
PL4

OPL: 4; SPL: -; DPL: 3; FWPL: 0; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA --, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE --

SKILLS: Athletics (+3), Insight (+0), Perception (+0), Ranged Combat [Blast] 3 (+3), Stealth (+0), Technology 5 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: NONE

POWERS:
Omnic Battle Chassis: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 5; 35 pts
Nullifier Blaster: Ranged Plasma Energy Damage 5; 10 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +0
Blast +3 [Blaster +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +2 [DC12]
Toughness +5 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will +Immune

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To Null Sector.
Vulnerable: To magnetic effects.

Abilities -10 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 45 + Defenses 2 = 41 / 41

Build Comments: One type of mook I realized I hadn’t built nearly enough of are kill-o-bots. Since the Overwatch 2 trailer rocked and set up their militant Omnic group, Null Factor, as the main baddies of the upcoming game (or so it appears) I figured now was the time.

Even though these are based on the mooks of the Overwatch 2 demo, they can be used for any generic kill-o-bots. Same with a lot of the upcoming robot builds.
ROBOTS (OMNIC NULLIFIER ELITE)
PL5

OPL: 5; SPL: -; DPL: 4; FWPL: 0; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA --, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE --

SKILLS: Athletics (+3), Insight (+0), Perception (+0), Ranged Combat [Blast] 4 (+4), Stealth (+0), Technology 5 (+5)

POWERS:
Omnic Battle Chassis: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 6; 36 pts
Nullifier Blaster: Ranged Plasma Energy Damage 6; 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +0
Blast +4 [Blaster +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness +6 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will Immune

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities -8 + Skills 5 (9 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 48 + Defenses 3 = 48 / 48
--

ROBOTS (OMNIC SKIRMISHER/JUMPER)
PL6

OPL: 5; SPL: -; DPL: 6; FWPL: 0; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA --, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE --

SKILLS: Athletics (+3), Insight (+0), Perception (+0), Ranged Combat [Blast] 5 (+5), Stealth (+0), Technology 5 (+5)

POWERS:
Omnic Battle Chassis: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 6; 36 pts
Nullifier Blaster: Ranged Plasma Energy Damage 5; 10 pts
Jump Jets: Flight 4 (30 mph/500 ft pr); 8 pts
Flight Skirmishing: Enhanced Dodge 4 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Parry 4 (Flaw: Limited to when flying); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +0
Blast +5 [Blaster +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 (+6 when Flying) [DC12/16] Parry +2 (+6 when Flying) [DC12/16]
Toughness +6 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will Immune

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities -10 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 58 + Defenses 2 = 55 / 55

--

ROBOTS (OMNIC OBLITERATOR)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 1; DPL: 9; FWPL: 0; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA --, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+5), Deception (+0), Insight (+0), Intimidation (+0/+1), Perception (+0), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Blast] 11 (+11), Stealth (+0/-2), Technology 5 (+5)

POWERS:
Obliterator Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Pro, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Omnic Battle Chassis: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects), Protection 10; 40 pts
Nullifier Blaster: Ranged Plasma Energy Damage 8 (Extra: Splt); 17 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +7]
Ranged Attack +0
Blast +11 [Blaster +8]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +12 (+12 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will +0

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 10 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 62 + Defenses 6 = 86 / 86
--
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Brigitte: Earth-T1/Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:07 pm
Brigitte is best girl. Fight me.

This is blasphemy, because Mei is clearly Best Girl. I could prove it with fanart, but can’t post it here because of reasons. But all wise men know it’s adorable, cuddly, curvy Mei.

Or Zarya.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:31 am

This is blasphemy, because Mei is clearly Best Girl. I could prove it with fanart, but can’t post it here because of reasons. But all wise men know it’s adorable, cuddly, curvy Mei.

Or Zarya.
My vote is Tracer :)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Gilliam wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:51 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:31 am

Or Zarya.
My vote is Tracer :)
I side with you all. I'm not picky. 8-)

But I have to cast a vote for Ashe. I've always been a sucker for the bad girls. ;)
Thorpocalypse

Test: Batman vs. Vega

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Playtest – Batman vs. Vega

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack, SA – Standard Attack], TC - Toughness Check, WC – Will Check, FC – Fortitude Check

DA HOUSE RULES

Intro: So we’re starting a new batch of tests at J-Mart. I’m considering all prior tests null and void in this restarted Thorpocamultiverse so we’ve got a clean slate. Also, since over the years I’ve bought lots of Green Ronin supplements, I will be incorporating some of the builds from Emerald City, Threat Reports, etc. in these tests with some slight modifications to fit my House Rules.

I really only want to test the House Rules and such, so the narratives will be limited, even if I continue with the “story” of some of the tests. So here we go...

--

The Batman is out on patrol when he is receives a call from Oracle that she intercepted a message from one of Rupert Thorne’s top men that they hired a top assassin to go after a witness they didn’t want to stand trial against them. And the hit was going down tonight. The GCPD had the witness stashed in a secret location but she hasn’t been able to locate it. Batman replied that he would take it from here.
Batman tries to contact Jim Gordon (man, I need to get him posted) but he can’t reach him. He settles for Harvey Bullock. He’ll try to persuade him to assist. I’ll consider Bullock as Unfavorable towards him. Batman gets a 22 on the check. 2 degrees of success. Bullock gets him the address in short order. Fortunately he’s fairly close so he summons the Batmobile and heads that direction.
He parks the car a couple of blocks away and goes the rest of the way via Bat Grapple swings. As he approaches the safe house, he hears gunfire and once he gets within visual range he sees two prone bodies lying by the front door of the small house. He hears a few more shots, then silence as he closes in. He stealthily approaches the door and peers inside.
With his Skill Mastery, he’s at 30 Stealth. No one can beat that. His Perception roll is a nat 20 for a 40. He sees EVERYTHING.
As he slides in the cracked front door, he notices that the two men out front had their slash wounds on their chests and necks. Looking into the warehouse he sees a shirtless man wearing a white full-face mask surrounded by 4 more bleeding bodies. The man brandishes a 3-clawed glove on his right hand, preparing to deliver a killing strike to a woman he holds by the throat with his other hand.

“Such a shame to destroy such beauty,” he says with a slight Spanish accent. “Alas, my duty, and bank account situation, force my hand…”
Surprise Round: Batman will Charge in for a Slam Attack to knock Vega away from his quarry. He hits with an adjusted 30. Since he moved his full speed, Vega has to make a DC20 TC. He blows it big time. He’ll use his HP to reroll and gets a 20 to avoid damage. But I will rule that he lost his grip on the woman. Batman makes his DC17 TC with a 24.
The Dark Knight runs in and hits the assassin with a flying shoulder tackle, knocking the woman free and sending both men sprawling but both of them quickly roll to their feet. “Ah, yes,” Vega says, smiling beneath his mask. “The legendary Batman. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Vega. And it is my destiny to rid the world of ugliness. And I find flying rodents to be quite disgusting. So, I am afraid I must rid the world of you.”
Round 1: Initiative: Vega – 17, Batman – 13. The room is 20x20 with a few pieces of furniture. Vega will test his opponent with a DA2 claw strike. He connects with a 26. Batman gets a nat 1 on his DC19 TC, HP to reroll allows him to pass with a 25. Batman will try to Startle Vega as move action. Vega will resist with Insight. They both roll 4’s so Batman wins 19 to 11. Batman will PA5 unarmed and he misses badly with a nat 2. Geez…

Round 2: Vega’s feeling confident. He will try to Agile Feint as move action. Batman opposes with Insight. Vega gets a nat 2, Batman gets a 19. No need to bother with the math, Vega fails. He’ll stay on the defensive, though, with another DA2 claw strike. Nat 1. Geez, I am rolling crappy. Batman goes PA5 again and this time he connects with a 32. DC24 TC for Vega, 17 for a 2nd degree failure.

Round 3: Vega is not quite as confident after getting clocked. He’ll again try to Agile Feint as a move and gets a 22, even with the -5. Batman gets a 26 on Insight so avoid it. Vega goes AA2 with his Spinning claw attack but misses with a 22. Man, the dice are not on his side tonight. Batman attacks PA5 again but he misses with a 19.

Round 4: Vega stays on the offensive but defensively, with a DA3 claw strike. Misses again with a nat 5. Batman will try to Startle him again as a move. He succeeds again. PA5 and he hits again with an adjusted 33. Another DC24 TC for Vega and he blows it big time. He should be knocked out but where’s the fun in that?
Vega left himself open after his last claw strike and the Batman took advantage of the opening nailing his foe with a hard right uppercut that lifted the street fighter off his feet and through a window. Batman was distracted for just a second as he heard one of the fallen officers groan in pain. The Dark Knight then looked out the broken window to find Vega was gone. Hearing the witness call for help, he made the decision to contact the GCPD and emergency services and let Vega go. For now…
Final Status – Vega (-2 toughness, escaped, 0 hp), Batman (fine, 1 hp)
--

Comments: I’m giving Batman an HP for the GM fiat. That was one sided but the dice were really against Vega. A couple of decent rolls and he could have given Bruce a lot better fight. A rematch should be in order at some point. But I’ve got more tests to do before that occurs.
Thorpocalypse

Goblins: Earth-G

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're feeling some fantasy builds now! Check the first in a long Earth-Gloriant line run!

GOBLINS
PL3

OPL: 3; SPL: -; DPL: 3; FWPL: 1; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA 0, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (-1), Deception 4 (+3), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+3), Insight (-1/-3), Intimidation (-1), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Bow] 2 (+3), Stealth (+2/+4)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Equipment (2), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin), Mobility* (1), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Goblin Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Shifty: Speed 1 (4 [2] mph/60 [30] fpr); 1 pt
Goblinoid Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Crappy Leather Armor: Protection 1; 1 pt
Crappy Wooden Shield: +1 Dodge, +1 Parry; 2 pts
Arsenal: (5 pts)
Short Sword: Slashing Dexterity or Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 4 pts
Shortbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed -1; Short Sword +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Bow +3 [Shortbow +2]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 (+5 with Shield) [DC14/15] Parry +3 (+4 with Shield) [DC13/14]
Toughness +1, Fortitude +1, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Chicken: Goblins are cowardly creatures, likely to flee quickly if the tide of the battle turns against them.

Abilities 2 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 11 + Defenses 3 = 29 / 29

Build Comments: Good old Goblins. Some of my favorite fodder. In Gloriant, they are numerous, quite possibly the largest humanoid race in the known world, but due to their size and cowardice, they continue to be pushed around by the other races. Although, much like the rumors about an orc leader rising up, there are rumblings of a new Goblin King that looks to unify them.

Some mass combat:
GOBLINS MASS COMBAT

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 5, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 5, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 4, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 4, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 5, DAMAGE 3, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 3, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 4, DAMAGE 2, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 2, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 2, DAMAGE 0, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 0, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
Higher level goblins for more experienced adventurers:
GOBLINS
PL5

OPL: 5; SPL: -; DPL: 5; FWPL: 3; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (-1), Deception 4 (+3), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+3), Insight (-1/-3), Intimidation (-1), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Bow] 3 (+5), Stealth 1 (+3/+5)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Equipment (2), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin), Mobility* (1),Move-by Action

POWERS:
Goblin Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed -1; Short Sword +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Bow +5 [Shortbow +2]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 (+7 with Shield) [DC16/17] Parry +6 (+7 with Shield) [DC16/17]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Chicken: Goblins are cowardly creatures, likely to flee quickly if the tide of the battle turns against them.

Abilities 10 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 11 + Defenses 8 = 44 / 44
catsi563

Re: J-Mart: Goblins

Post by catsi563 »

BREEYARK!!
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Post-Human Resources

Re: J-Mart: Goblins

Post by Post-Human Resources »

Oooh! GOBLINS! I unironically love goblins, and not as an easy to kill experience point battery, but as a true under-dog of the classic Pathfinder style settings. They're the real potential "heartwarming tales of a community coming together" species.
Thorpocalypse

Ankle Shanker: Earth-G

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The stature of the fighter matters less than the depth of the cut.

ANKLE SHANKER
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: 1; DPL: 8; FWPL: 5; HP: 1
Archetype: Warrior
Height: 3-7
Weight: 67
Eyes: Red
Hair: Red
Skin: Green
Race: Goblin
Alignment: Villain - Chaotic
Affiliations: Ankle Shanker's Gang

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+7), Athletics 5 (+5), Deception (+2), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+9), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 3 (+5/+3), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+9), Sleight of Hand 2 (+6), Stealth 1 (+7/+11)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Benefit (3) (Status, Resources 2 [Goblin Clan Leader, Uses Dexterity for strength based weaponry), Combat Leader*, Defensive Strike* (1), Equipment (1), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (2), Inspire (1), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin), Mobility* (2), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (2), Seize Initiative, Sweeping Strike*, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Ankle Shank!: Slashing Dexterity-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Multiattack 2, Tripping, Flaw: Easily Removable [requires short blade]); 5 pts
Vial Smasher: 11 pts Traits, Flaw: Easily Removable (-4 pts), Unreliable (5 uses); 4 pts
Dragonfire Vials: Ranged Fire Damage 5, Feature 1 (Magical); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Leather Armor: Protection 1; 1 pt
Short Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +14
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +0; Short Sword +5, Critical 19-20; Ankle Shank! +5, Critical 18-20, Multiattack
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +9 [Dragonfire Vials +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +3 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +0 Impervious), Fortitude +5, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Ankle Shanker wants to prove herself to be worthy of becoming Hordechief when she returns to Jatar.
Rivalry: There were several members of the Kolaghan horde that felt she couldn't lead as a goblin woman. She hasn't forgotten the slights.
Underestimated: Many people underestimate Ankle Shanker due to her size and unorthodox style. That's usually a grave mistake.

Abilities 54 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 9 + Defenses 11 = 110 / 110

Comments: My Ankle Shanker is based on the MTG card of the same name from the Tarkir block. As a card, she was fun, but nothing you could use in a top tier deck. But from a lore standpoint, she got a bit of characterization in the Magic Story on their site that they do for each block and I became a fan.

So I took her base and ran with it for a mostly original take. My Ankle Shanker was cast out from her clan in Jatar because she wanted to be the leader and they were not having it. So she traveled to Gilthorian, bouncing around she wound up working with some hobgoblins under the leadership of Tharzok. He took a liking to her and taught her how to lead warriors. After a while, she left and took over a goblin clan, trained her own elite group of goblin warriors and became the scourge of the untamed lands just outside of the King’s Patrol.

She should be fun as hell to play. Nigh unhittable and with the ability make sure her squad gets the jump on the heroes, she will be a tough out for my PCs.
GOBLINS (ANKLE SHAKER’S BRIGADE)
PL5

OPL: 5; SPL: -; DPL: 5; FWPL: 2; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+3), Deception 3 (+2), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+3), Expertis [Tactics] 5 (+4), Insight (-1/-3), Intimidation (-1), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Bow] 4 (+5), Stealth (+2/+4)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin), Mobility* (1), Move-by Action, Teamwork

POWERS:

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed -1; Short Sword +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Bow +5 [Shortbow +2]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 (+8 with Shield) [DC17/18] Parry +7 (+8 with Shield) [DC17/18]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 18 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 11 + Defenses 5 = 55 / 55