J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Goldar

Re: J-Mart Prime: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman

Post by Goldar »

Nice Jean Grey at PL 14, but I was hoping to see Jean with a TP &TK of like 16 or 18. I thought with her Omega status she was now way above her old levels?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Jeams always been the most powerful psionic in any marvel game i ran. Charles may be the most powerful telepath but Jean was the most powerful Omni psychic. it was why she could control the phoenix as well as she could despite it being a fundamental force of the universe
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

True. I place Jean as Phoenix at least a 24 in powers. Even years ago, I figured Jean herself to be at least a 16 if not 18 in powers. And the Jean of today seems even more powerful now than in early 2000's.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

to me thats because of actual character development. the jean of the past was more timid and un sure of herself. but as she grew the character was better developed and her personality showed more self confidence and self control and courage.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

True again, lol. Jean has stepped out of everyone's shadow, including her own.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Goldar wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:52 pm Nice Jean Grey at PL 14, but I was hoping to see Jean with a TP &TK of like 16 or 18. I thought with her Omega status she was now way above her old levels?
catsi563 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:43 pm to me thats because of actual character development. the jean of the past was more timid and un sure of herself. but as she grew the character was better developed and her personality showed more self confidence and self control and courage.
Good points but current Jean seems to be a little suppressed again in Dawn/House of X. When they took on a bunch of Orchis mooks in House of X she got taken out pretty easily. And in the first X-Force arc, she struggled to use Cerebro again. She was also outclassed by Nate Grey in their last encounter before the reboot. And I've made a concerted effort to nerf my characters' Will saves across the board so PL14 is plenty effective in my setting.

Phoenix Jean would certainly be PL20-ish but I'm not sure I'd put her anywhere close to that right now. But I could see her reaching those 16-18 levels sans Phoenix even at some points, just not now.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ah, that makes sense.
Thorpocalypse

Marvel Girl (Jean Grey): Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

PC version of our last new item is hitting the shelves!

Oh, I have a knack for intuiting things. That's all. - Jean Grey

MARVEL GIRL (JEAN GREY)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation (+2), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+6/+8) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Telekinesis] 5 (+7), Stealth (+2), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Extraordinary Effort, Teamwork

POWERS:
Mind Shield: Enhanced Will 4 (Flaw: Limited to Mental Effects); 2 pts
Telekinetic Force Field: Protection 11 (Flaw: Sustained); 11 pts
Telekinetic Flight: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 ft pr); 10 pts
Telekinetic/Telepathic Powers: 41 pt Dynamic Array; 55 pts
Mental Blast: Perception Ranged Mental Damage 10 (Extra: Alternative Save [Will], Dynamic); 41 pts
Telekinesis: Move Object 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Telekinetic Blast: Force Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Telekinetic Shield: Create 13 (Force Objects, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Telepathy: Cumulative Mind Reading 10 (Extra: Effortless, Dynamic); 2 pts
Astral Form: Remote Sensing 10 (4 miles; Visual, Auditory, Mental, Extra: Dimensional [Astral Plane], Subtle, Dynamic, Flaw: Limited [physical body is defenseless]); 2 pts
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extras: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Telepathic Communication: Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide/Small Nation; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Telekinesis +7 [Telekinetic Blast +13; Telekinesis Move Object +13; Telekinetic Shield Create +13]
Special Attack [Mental Blast +10, Perception]; Mind Control Affliction +10, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +2 (+13 with Telekinetic Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +8 (+12 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Dark Side: Just a little thing called the Phoenix force…
Plot Device: Being avatar of the Phoenix Force may sometimes lead to universe spanning events.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: She had a long, off and on relationship with Scott Summers. She also has had a mutual attraction to Wolverine. She is close to her other First Class teammates as well as Storm and she sees Professor X as a father figure.
Responsibility: To Xavier's Dream.
Rivalry: With Emma Frost.

Abilities 40 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 78 + Defenses 14 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: PC Jean. I hope when they integrate the Fox properties in the MCU they treat her better than Fox did. How could they botch the Dark Phoenix saga TWICE?
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Iceman: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Time to cool things off with this new item in our X-Verse line!

My name is Robert Drake. Iceman. I've been an X-Man, an X...Factor-ian, a Defender, a Champion (don't ask). I've been a super hero since before I was old enough to shave. I've stood side by side with the toughest, most powerful heroes in the known universe and always held my own. But today... today I need to be something more. So go ahead, call me a joke if you want. Label me the X-Man with the lamest power ever. But a man of untapped potential? Don't you dare ever call me that again! - Iceman

ICEMAN
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 0; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-8
Weight: 155
Eyes: Blue (White in Iceman form)
Hair: Brown (None in Iceman form)
Skin: Fair (White in Iceman form)
Race: Mutant
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Westchester County, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [4], STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+8), Deception 7 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Art] 3 (+5), Expertise [Accounting] 5 (+7), Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Ice Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+4), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (3) (Ice Blast, Ice Objects, Ice Snare), Defensive Attack (3) (Ice Blast, Ice Objects, Ice Snare), Languages (1) (Spanish, Krakoan, Base: English), Move-by Action, Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Human Fridge: Feature 1 (You can generate sufficient cold to perfectly chill food and beverages by touch or keep cold items cold so long as you are touching them); 1 pt
Insta-Chill: Feature 1 (You can cool small, hot items instantly by touch, turning boiling water into ice water, for example, or making hot food cold); 1 pt
Cold Shoulder: Feature 1 (You can generate a small drop in temperature, enough to give people “chills” in your immediate area, good for a circumstance bonus for some interactions); 1 pt
Iceman Physique: Senses 1 (Infravision), Movement 2 (Sure Footed, Trackless, Flaw: Limited [Ice/Snow conditions only], Regeneration 5 (Flaw: Source [Water]), Immunity 10 (Cold effects); 17 pts
Iceman Form: Protection 4, Enhanced Strength 3; 10 pts
Ice Slides: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 fpr, Flaw: Platform), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Move-by-Action), Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Limited to when on Ice Slides); 7 pts
Ice Control: 62 pt Dynamic Array; 74 pts
Ice Duplicates: Summon 6 (90 pt minions, Extra: Controlled, Dynamic, Horde, Mental Link, Mutliple Minions 3 [8 minions], Variable Type [Various Icemen]); 62 pts
Ice Snare: Cumulative Ranged Affliction 13 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition); 2 pts
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Split, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning, Cold, Piercing]); 2 pts
Ice Objects: Create 13 (Ice Objects; Extra: Continuous, Dynamic, Quirk: [Objects melt over time in appropriate conditions]); 2 pts
Ice Storms: Environment 4 (250 ft radius; Cold 2 [Extreme Cold], Impede Movement 2 [-2 ranks movement], Visibility 2 [-5 to Perception], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 2 pts
Ice Slick: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Prone, Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +1; Iceman Form Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +3
Ice Control +7 [Ice Blast +13; Ice Snare Affliction +13; Ice Objects Create +13]
Special Attack [Ice Slick Affliction +10, Burst Area ]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+11 on Ice Slides) [DC19/21] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +3 (+7 in Ice Form), Fortitude +7, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Inferiority Complex: Bobby has confidence issues that can limit his ability to use his powers to their fullest extent.
Relationships: He is close with his original X-Men teammates.
Vulnerable: Iceman takes an extra degree of failure against fire/heat based effects.

Abilities 46 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 111 + Defenses 17 = 203 / 203

Build Comments: Bobby is probably the least interesting of the original X-Men to me, retcon sexual preference change included. I mean, I like him and I’ve always loved his power set, but I think of all of them he’s had the least character development over his 40+ years of existence in the Marvel U. But be that as a it may, man he does have a wicked power set, full of useful abilities and a ton of power stunting options. And this is a scared down version, IMHO. When he really cuts loose, he’s a more of a PL12, but the writers usually keep him pretty much in check, despite his Omega Level Mutant status. As such, he came out to be a PL10.

Secret Origins: Robert Louis Drake was born in Floral Park, Long Island, New York to William Robert Drake and Madeline Beatrice Bass-Drake. Bobby is Jewish on his mother's side and Irish Catholic on his father's. Bobby first discovered his mutant abilities at a young age when he found himself unable to stop feeling cold and shivering. A school bully named Rocky Beasely convinced his gang to attack Bobby and Judy Harmon, his girlfriend at the time. Bobby panicked and encased Rocky in ice, saving Judy, but revealing his abilities to his peers. Believing Bobby to be a dangerous mutant, the people of his town, Fort Washington, organized a lynch mob. The mob broke into the Drake household and overpowered them. The local sheriff noticed that things were getting out of hand and took Bobby into custody for his own protection. The story made its way to Professor Charles Xavier, founder of the X-Men.

Xavier sent Scott Summers, Cyclops, to recruit Bobby. After Bobby turned him down the two mutants got into a brief scuffle before the mob caught up with them. The mob was stringing Scott and Bobby up to be hanged when Professor X used his telepathic abilities to erase their memories. Grateful for saving his life and yearning to be like Scott, Bobby enrolled in Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and become the second member of the X-Men. There, the X-Men were tutored by Professor X and trained in the use of their powers in the Danger Room. As 'Iceman' Bobby learned to control his abilities in order to protect a world that feared and hated him for being different alongside Cyclops, Angel, Beast, and Marvel Girl.

Iceman quickly befriended Beast, however, he remained self-conscious regarding the fact that he was the youngest member of the group. Iceman's lighthearted approach to disaster marked him as the comedian of the group, and eased tension among his teammates. Bobby's rudimentary control of his abilities caused his appearance to be snowman-like at first, rather than the almost transparent ice version of his later years. Alongside the X-Men, he battled many foes including Magneto and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. In time Bobby learned to cover himself in ice instead of his original snow man appearance.

The Story so Far: Bobby was among the original X-Men captured by Krakoa, which led to the formation of a new incarnation of X-Men. Bobby decided not to remain the second generation of the team and left along with all of the original members except for Cyclops.

Bobby went-off to college at UCLA, where he eventually earned his CPA accreditation. Bobby and Warren Worthington III were attacked by harpies who were trying to locate Venus. The two young heroes were joined by Ghost Rider, Black Widow, and Hercules. After defeating Pluto, they decided to stick together as a team, the self-styled "Champions of Los Angeles". Bobby worked with the team for a year or so, but noticed that his powers changing and growing, which caused him great anxiety.

After the team disbanded, Bobby learned that he didn't need to fear the evolution of his abilities and returned to the X-Men to explore his untapped potential to the fullest. It was during this time that Bobby suffered a chest injury from Black Tom that triggered his Secondary Mutation, slowly encasing his body in ice and preventing him from reverting into his human form. During a mission to rescue Nightcrawler, Iceman's entire body was shattered in his ice-form, leaving only his head. Bobby later reformed himself using the moisture from the body of an enemy. These changes caused him to become bitter towards everyone, but with Beast’s and Kitty Pryde’s friendship, he became his old self in short order.

After the disagreement between Cyclops and Wolverine over the direction of mutant race, Wolverine decided to relocate the majority of the students back to the Xavier grounds and Bobby was the first person he asked to help him. Bobby agreed and the two began to recruit staff members for the "Jean Grey School for Higher Learning". Bobby served as the school's bookkeeper for a while, but has passed that duty on to Doop. He did so because Scott Summers asked him to join the Justice League with him, along with Beast as he knew they would be there to keep him on track and call him out if they felt he was making decisions that were not in the best interest of the team or the mutant race.

Characterization: Bobby is a Certified Practicing Accountant, a skilled ice skater, and can speak Spanish fluently. His lighthearted nature is a source of great comfort to the team at times, and a source of frustration at others, especially to Cyclops and Wolverine who feel he doesn’t take his role as a hero seriously enough. They also think it’s why he doesn’t always use his Omega-level powers to their fullest extent.

Friends and Foes: Bobby’s best friends are the original X-Men, especially Beast and Angel. He is good friends with The Human Torch and occasionally teams up with Spider-Man and Firestar for adventures outside of The X-Men.
Thorpocalypse

Iceman: Earth-T302

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I can't believe you broke up with older me to date a hologram. - Iceman

ICEMAN
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: -; DPL: 8; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 145
Eyes: Blue (White in Iceman form)
Hair: Brown (None in Iceman form)
Skin: Fair (White in Iceman form)
Race: Mutant
Identity: Secret

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0 [3], STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics (+1), Deception 6 (+9) [Taunt], Expertise [Art] 3 (+4), Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Cold Control] 3 (+6), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 1 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Move-by Action, Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Human Fridge: Feature 1 (You can generate sufficient cold to perfectly chill food and beverages by touch or keep cold items cold so long as you are touching them); 1 pt
Insta-Chill: Feature 1 (You can cool small, hot items instantly by touch, turning boiling water into ice water, for example, or making hot food cold); 1 pt
Cold Shoulder: Feature 1 (You can generate a small drop in temperature, enough to give people “chills” in your immediate area, good for a circumstance bonus for some interactions); 1 pt
Iceman Physique: Senses 1 (Infravision), Movement 2 (Sure Footed, Trackless, Flaw: Limited [Ice/Snow conditions only], Regeneration 5 (Flaw: Source [Water]), Immunity 10 (Cold effects); 17 pts
Iceman Form: Protection 4, Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaw: Activation [Move Action]; 9 pts
Ice Slides: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 fpr, Flaw: Platform), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Move-by-Action), Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Limited to when on Ice Slide); 7 pts
Ice Control: 38 pt Dynamic Array; 50 pts
Ice Duplicates: Summon 4 (60 pt minions, Extra: Active, Controlled, Dynamic, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 2 [4 minions]); 38 pts
Ice Snare: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition); 2 pts
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning, Cold, Piercing]); 2 pts
Ice Objects: Create 10 (Ice Objects; Extra: Continuous, Dynamic, Quirk: [Objects melt over time in appropriate conditions]); 2 pts
Ice Storms: Environment 4 (250 ft radius; Cold 2 [Extreme Cold], Impede Movement 2 [-2 ranks movement], Visibility 2 [-5 to Perception], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 2 pts
Ice Slick: Burst Area Affliction 8 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Prone, Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Cold Control +6 [Ice Blast +10; Ice Snare Affliction +9; Ice Objects +10; Flash Freeze Weaken +10]
Special Attack [Ice Slick Affliction +8, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+10 on Ice Slides) [DC18/20] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +2 (+6 with Iceman Form), Fortitude +5, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Inferiority Complex: Bobby has confidence issues.
Prejudice: Mutant and homosexual.
Vulnerable: Iceman takes an extra degree of failure against fire/heat based effects.

Abilities 36 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 86 + Defenses 16 = 153 / 153

Build Comments: The time displaced First Class Bobby Drake is pretty much the same as he originally was, but has shown the ability to use powers similar to his older self, most likely due to his tutelage.
Thorpocalypse

Iceman: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

PC version of our featured item!

Being grown up doesn't have to mean being endlessly morose and having fun isn't just for five-year-olds. No, the day I can't laugh at how ridiculous this all is, while still loving every single second of it, is the day I walk away and find a new line of work. - Iceman

ICEMAN
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10;FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics (+1), Deception 7 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Accounting] 2 (+3), Expertise [Art] 2 (+3), Expertise [Popular Culture] 2 (+3), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+3), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Cold Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+4), Technology 1 (+2), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Taunt, Teamwork

POWERS:
Iceman Physique: Senses 1 (Infravision), Movement 2 (Sure Footed, Trackless, Flaw: Limited [Ice/Snow conditions only], Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds, Flaw: Source [Water]), Immunity 10 (Cold effects); 16 pts
Iceman Form: Protection 4, Enhanced Strength 3; 10 pts
Ice Slides: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 fpr, Flaw: Platform); 5 pts
Ice Control: 28 pt Dynamic Array; 36 pts
Ice Snare: Cumulative Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 28 pts
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning, Cold, Piercing]); 2 pts
Ice Objects: Create 9 (Ice Objects; Extra: Continuous, Dynamic, Quirk: [Objects melt over time in appropriate conditions]); 2 pts
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1; Iceman Form Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +3
Cold Control +7 [Ice Blast +13; Ice Objects Create +9; Flash Freeze Weaken +13; Ice Snare Affliction +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4 (+8 in Iceman Form), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Inferiority Complex: Bobby has confidence issues.

Abilities 44 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 70 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: The PC Bobby Drake. I didn’t have the points to build his minion summon like I wanted so I make take another run at this later to work something like that in, but otherwise, it’s pretty close to current Bobby.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Archangel: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More First Class Specials are coming!

Savior... killer... harbinger of hope or destruction... I am unsure who -- or what -- I am. But I'd like to find out. - Archangel

ARCHANGEL
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 6; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 150
Eyes: Red
Hair: None
Skin: Blue
Race: Mutant (possibly Cherafyim)
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+10/+16), Athletics 2 (+6/+10), Deception (+5), Expertise [Business] 6 (+8), Insight (+4), Intimidation 6 (+11) [Startle], Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 2 (+7), Stealth (+6), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Benefit (4) (Wealth 4 [Multimillionaire]), Close Attack (4), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (1), Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Redirect, Set-Up (1), Takedown (2), Startle, Teamwork

POWERS:
Aerial Mastery: Enhanced Dodge 5 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Parry 4 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Skills 5 (Acrobatics 6 ranks, Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Advantages 12 (Agile Feint, Defensive Attack 3 [Feather Blast, Unarmed, Wing Slash], Defensive Roll, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown 2; Flaw: Limited to when flying); 14 pts
Archangel Physiology: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended]), Immunity 1 (High Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [High Altitude]), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds), Protection 1; 8 pts
Techno-Organic Wings: 19 pts
Winged Flight: Flight 9 (1,000 mph/2 mpr; Flaw: Winged); 9 pts
Wing Weapons: 9 pt Array; 10 pts
Wing Wind: Cone Area Affliction 9 (Air; Resisted and Overcome by Strength/Agility; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Limted to two degrees); 9 pts
Wing Slash: Slashing Strength-based Damage 5 (Extra: Reach 2 [10 ft], Split); 1 pt

Razor Feathers: 26 pt Array; 27 pts
Razor Feather Blast: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 7 (Extra: Accurate 5); 26 pts
Neurotoxic Feather Blast: Ranged Multiattack Affliction 7 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Accurate 5); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Krakoan Tech Costume: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6 (+10 when Flying)
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +4; Wing Slash +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Razor Feathers +13 [Razor Feather Blast +7, Multiattack; Neurotoxic Feather Affliction +7, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Wing Wind Affliction +9, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+14 when Flying) [DC19/24] Parry +9 (+13 when Flying) [DC19/23]
Toughness +7 (+8 when Flying, +7 without Defensive Roll when flying), Fortitude +8, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Cameron Hodge, Apocalypse.
Motivation: Protecting his mutant brothers, especially new mutants.
Power Loss: If his wings are removed, he loses his flying abilities as well as his Regeneration and Healing powers.
Relationships: He is close to his "First Class" teammates and he is usually involved with some woman.
Responsibility: He is very involved with, and responsible for his father's company, Worthington Enterprises as well as remaining dedicated to Xavier's Dream.
Temper: In his Archangel form, Warren has a quick temper and must fight against a bloodthirsty nature encoded in him by Apocalypse.

Abilities 78 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 68 + Defenses 10 = 185 / 185

Build Comments: Angel has gone through a lot over the years to make him relevant, even though in my mind, he really didn’t need a lot. Despite the general one-note nature of his powers, his look and experience always made him a favorite of mine. But I loved the Archangel, too, so for my setting, that’s what I went with.

Secret Origins: Warren Worthington III was born in Centerport, New York, to Kathryn Worthington and Warren Worthington Jr. He attends Phillips Exeter Academy in his adolescence when white feathered wings begin to grow from his shoulder blades. At first, Warren feels he is a freak, but he soon learns that he can use his wings to fly and to help people. When there is a fire in his dormitory, he borrows some props from the school's drama department, dresses up as a heavenly angel, and rescues his friends. He soon learns that he is in fact a mutant. He dons a mask and costume, calls himself the Avenging Angel, and becomes a solo adventurer before being recruited by Professor Charles Xavier into joining the X-Men.

The Story so Far: Later, Angel publicly revealed himself as a mutant after discovering that not only has his uncle, Burt Worthington, murdered Warren's father, Warren Worthington, Jr., but also poisoned his mother in order to ensure his inheritance of the Worthington fortune.

When the original X-Men were captured by the mutant island Krakoa, Professor X creates a new team of X-Men to rescue them. When this new team of X-Men decided to stay, Angel and the rest of the original team, with the exception of Cyclops, leave the team. He and Iceman go to Los Angeles, where they found the Champions with Hercules, the Black Widow, and the original Ghost Rider. Following the apparent death of Jean Grey and Cyclops' subsequent exile from the team, Warren rejoined the X-Men to help pick up the slack. During this time, Angel unsuccessfully pursued pop star Alison Blaire, the mutant also known as Dazzler. He grew increasingly disturbed by the behavior and actions of Wolverine, and before long, quit the team in protest.

Shortly thereafter, Angel joined the Defenders, with his fellow former X-Men Beast and Iceman and girlfriend Candy Southern as members. Using Angel's Colorado penthouse as their base, the group has several adventures before most of the group are killed freeing fellow New Defender Moondragon from being possessed by a malevolent spirit

Angel pondered retirement following the collapse of the Defenders team, but the return of Jean Grey once again keeps him from stepping away from the limelight. Jean Grey is furious at the increase in anti-mutant hysteria in the two years she has been away, let alone the X-Men's decision to align themselves with the villain Magneto. To appease Jean's desire for action, Warren organizes X-Factor. He recruits his old prep school friend Cameron Hodge to run the team, unaware that Cameron hates mutants and, in particular, Warren.

X-Factor's formation signaled a brutal period of upheaval in Warren's life. Cameron Hodge used Warren's trust in running X-Factor to further fuel anti-mutant sentiment by portraying X-Factor as "Mutant Hunters" for hire. A run-in with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants results in the group's leader, Mystique, exposing the fact that Warren is financially backing X-Factor, which creates a public relations nightmare for Warren, due to his outed status as a mutant. Worse yet, Warren's wings are mutilated during the Mutant Massacre by the Marauder Harpoon, although Thor's intervention saves his life. When the wings develop gangrene, Cameron Hodge willfully signs the paperwork, against Angel's wishes, to have Warren's crippled wings amputated. Despondent over the loss of his wings, Warren escaped the hospital and commandeered his private jet, which explodes in the air as the rest of X-Factor watch helplessly from below. It is ultimately revealed that Hodge has sabotaged Warren's ultra-light airplane in order to finish off his nemesis, under the cover of an apparent suicide.

Seconds before the explosion, Warren was spirited away by the ancient mutant Apocalypse. Apocalypse offered the despondent Angel a deal: serve him as his Horseman Death and get his wings back. Apocalypse subjects Angel to extensive genetic alterations, giving him blue skin and organic metal wings, which can cut through almost anything and fire his metal feathers as projectiles. He also gives him the title of Death, the leader of his Horsemen after he beats the others in a fight, complete with extensive mental conditioning to make him obey Apocalypse's dark plans. Death is unveiled to X-Factor during their second meeting with the Horsemen, with Warren sadistically exploiting his friends' shock at seeing him alive to defeat them in combat. As he leads the Horsemen of Apocalypse to attack Manhattan, it is Iceman who helps Warren break free of Apocalypse's control by making Warren think he has murdered him using a humanoid ice block which Warren shatters in battle.

Free, Warren refuses to rejoin his teammates, as the effects of his metamorphosis have left Angel changed to the core. No longer is he the handsome playboy billionaire, but an emotionally damaged individual whose wings reflect his newfound bloodlust. The bloodlust is ultimately fueled when he tries to seek out Candy Southern, only to find out that she has gone missing. Warren learned that Candy has discovered all of Hodge's secrets only to be abducted and lobotomized to keep her silent. In the confrontation that followed, Hodge murdered the brain-dead Candy in front of Warren. Warren responded by decapitating Cameron Hodge (who ultimately survives due to a deal with demons, granting him immortality). Warren (going by both "Death" and "Dark Angel" at this point in time) ultimately settles on "Archangel" as his new codename as he finally rejoins X-Factor during the events of Inferno.

After the Inferno, Warren being alive is made public knowledge, allowing him to regain control over the surviving business holdings held by his family, regaining his wealth as a result. Soon afterwards, X-Factor rejoined the X-Men following the defeat of the Shadow King on Muir Island.

After rejoining the X-Men, Archangel's brooding behavior lessens, after Jean reveals to Warren that his wings have actually been operating off Warren's own subconscious desires for violence. This, combined with Warren's accidental decapitation of Mutant Liberation Front member Kamikaze, leads Warren to try to reject the dark cloud that has hung over his head ever since gaining his new wings. He begins dating fellow X-Men member Psylocke and in an attempt to put his dark days behind him, Warren retires his "Death" uniform in favor of the blue/white costume Magneto made for him.

After Psylocke is eviscerated by X-Men prisoner Sabretooth during an escape attempt, Warren and the X-Men track him down and capture him, but not before he is able to badly damage Warren's metal wings. Over time, the damage to his wings spreads. Eventually, the metal wings shatter completely, revealing that his feathered wings have been growing back within them and have broken them apart from the inside. This follows a visit from Ozymandias, who tells him that he is indeed one of Apocalypse's chosen ones. Reclaiming his original Angel powers, Warren still retains his blue skin color.

When Rogue leaves the X-Men to join Storm's splinter group (X-Treme X-Men), Angel is promoted to head of the X-Men's field team. Angel also becomes entangled in a love triangle with rookie X-Men member Paige Guthrie and the mutant prostitute Stacy X. Furthermore, during a battle with Black Tom Cassidy, Angel's regression to his pre-"Death" state is complete when he reverts to his normal Caucasian skin color when Cassidy (turned into a plant-type vampire) attempts to drain Angel's life force from him. His healing powers manifest themselves in the form of the revelation that Angel's blood has miracle healing properties.

After stepping away from the X-Men for a bit, Angel joins with fellow former Champions member Hercules, Namora, and Amadeus Cho in order to calm down the rampaging Hulk during the World War Hulk event. Afterward, Angel discovers that Amadeus Cho has hacked into Warren's bank accounts and stolen several million dollars from him, to help him further aid the Hulk.

Angel is part of the team that investigates the new mutant birth in Alaska and is present with the X-teams for the final battle over the fate of the baby. He also helped resettle the X-Men in San Francisco. Later, he was brutally attacked by a mind-controlled Wolfsbane. During the attack, Wolfsbane savagely rips Warren's wings from his back and runs away, taking the wings with her. It is revealed by Elixir that Warren's wings are still techno-organic constructs that he is unable to heal. Wolfsbane later delivers them to the Purifiers, who are seeking the Apocalypse Strain, the techno-organics, which comprise Warren's wings. The Purifiers use the Apocalypse Strain to modify an army of Purifier agents, giving them the same metallic wings that Archangel once had. Meanwhile, although Elixir is able to heal all of Warren's injuries, he cannot regrow his wings due to interference from the Apocalypse Strain. Later in the story, Warren is gripped by a series of excruciating seizures that not only mysteriously regenerate his techno-organic wings, but also transform him back into Apocalypse's version of Death/Archangel, complete with blue skin and a techno-organic version of his uniform.

X-Force attacks Archangel, who eventually asks for relief from the pain of losing his wings and transforming into Archangel. Archangel escapes to take revenge on the Purifiers, and at their headquarters he slaughters most of them in a blood-maddened rage. Once the battle is over, he reverts to his normal Caucasian, feather-winged appearance. He comments to Logan that he can still feel the metal wings inside him, and that they want to come out again. According to Elixir, Warren's transformation is permanent, implying that he is fully capable of transforming back into Archangel again at any time.

From then on, Angel takes dual membership with both the X-Men and X-Force, though Cyclops forbids Angel from telling the rest of the team about the return of his Archangel powers. While recruiting a scientist for Beast's "Science Squad", the X-Club, Angel is forced to transform into Archangel in order to destroy a giant rampaging monster. Beast reacts in anger that Angel has not told him that his "Death" powers have returned, creating tension between the two friends. Angel knows telling Beast would expose the latest incarnation of X-Force and effectively end Cyclops' latest tenure as leader if the truth about his personal black ops squad became public knowledge.

In the Dark Angel Saga, the Archangel persona of Warren has finally taken over and he plans to be the heir to Apocalypse, bringing Ozymandias, Dark Beast, the Final Horsemen, Autumn Rolfson, and her son Genocide as his army to destroy humanity. At the conclusion of the story arc Betsy stabs Archangel in the chest with the Life Seed, seemingly killing him. In the aftermath of the explosion of Apocalypse's citadel, Warren is seen by the members of X-Force walking in the snow. Psylocke, shocked that he is alive and apparently free of Apocalypse, runs up and embraces him. This Warren then reveals he had no idea who Psylocke is and appears to have amnesia. Warren has his normal white skin but seems to have metallic wings.

In an apocalyptic possible future, an aging Frank Castle warns the present-day Deadpool of the "son of Archangel". It is revealed that while preparing to ascend as Apocalypse during the Dark Angel Saga, Warren fathered two children with Pestilence of the Final Horsemen, who appear as the time-traveling "Apocalypse Twins".

Characterization: Warren was initially a bit of a spoiled playboy when he first became a hero but over time he has matured to become one of the emotional leaders of the X-teams. Currently, though, he is struggling with coming to grips in all the changes in his life, but is rededicated to helping his mutant brethren.

Friends and Foes: Warren is close to his First Class teammates, particularly Iceman and Jean Grey.
Thorpocalypse

Archangel: Earth-T302

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Yes, but, you don't know why. Not really. Because I came here from the past, got stuck here, and I got a real good look at the nightmare that my life will become. And that is not exaggeration. That is fact. The story of me takes a horrible, horrible turn somewhere down the line. While everyone was focused on Jean and Scott, I did a little digging into me. And it's so bad. First no one would actually talk to me about me, which was unnerving... Then I met me. I actually met myself. And it scared the living Hell out of me. So I said to myself, the first legitimate chance I have at making me different... The first chance I get... I would take it. And I took it. This--This is my do-over. Can you relate to this, at all? - Angel

ANGEL
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: 8; DPL: 8; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 140
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Mutant (possibly Cherafyim)
Identity: Public

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+9/+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 2 (+6/+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10/+12), Deception (+3/+5) [Attractive], Expertise [Business] 4 (+5), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+3), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+10/+12) [Attractive, Fascinate], Stealth 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Benefit (4) (Wealth 4 [Multimillionaire]), Defensive Attack (1) (Unarmed), Defensive Roll, Diehard, Fascinate (1) (Persuasion), Favored Environment (Flying), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Redirect, Set-Up (2), Takedown, Teamwork

POWERS:
Aerial Mastery: Enhanced Dodge 4 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Parry 3 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Skills 5 (Acrobatics 6 ranks, Athletics 4 ranks, Close Combat 2 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Strength 1 (400 lbs, Flaw: Limited to lifting, limited to when flying), Enhanced Advantages 8 (Agile Feint, Defensive Attack [Unarmed], Defensive Roll, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown; Flaw: Limited to when flying); 11 pts
Avian Physiology: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended]), Immunity 1 (High Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [High Altitude]), Regeneration 4 (4/every 10 rounds); 8 pts
Cosmic Angel Physiology: Immunity 3 (Suffocation [Need to breathe], Environmental Cold, Vacuum), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 7 pts
Cosmic Angel Wings: 10 pt Array; 11 pts
Winged Flight: Flight 10 (2,000 mph/4 mpr; Flaw: Winged); 10 pts
Wing Flames: Fire Damage 6 (Extra: Split); 1 pt

Cosmic Flames: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 9 (Extra: Accurate 2); 20 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5 (+9 when Flying)
Close Attack +8 [Wing Flames +6]
Unarmed +10 (+12 when Flying) [Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +3
Cosmic Flames +9 [Cosmic Flames +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+12 when Flying) [DC18/22] Parry +8 (+11 with when Flying) [DC18/21]
Toughness +3 (+4 with Defensive Roll when flying), Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: If his wings are removed, he loses his flying abilities as well as his Regeneration powers.
Relationships: He is close to his "First Class" teammates and he is usually involved with some woman.
Responsibility: He is very involved with, and responsible for his father's company, Worthington Enterprises as well as remaining dedicated to Xavier's Dream.

Abilities 58 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 57 + Defenses 9 = 149 / 149

Build Comments: The new young Angel got some new powers, too. During the Black Vortex event, the Guardians and time-displaced X-Men (and some others, too) got powered up by it. Everyone else either lost or gave back their powers, but Warren did not. So he got fire wings.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart Prime: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Archangel

Post by Jabroniville »

That Black Vortex thing was so funny to me, because I think it all took place outside of the books I was collecting, so I pick up the next issue of Young X-Men or whatever it was, and suddenly Warren has wings made of fire, lol. Really interesting work you're doing on all these variations- The "PC" versions mixed with the "Legit version of the character" from your own settings, and such.
Woodclaw

Re: J-Mart Prime: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Archangel

Post by Woodclaw »

The problem with Bobby/Iceman is that he's really the everyman of the team, but he was creared way before this concept was popular. A lot of his characterization pivoted around the idea of hin being "just a guy from neighbourhood", rather than a supergenius (like Hank), a professional superhero (like Scott and Jean) or a billionaire playboy (like Warren). Unfortunately, Stan Lee (and almost every other writer after him) tried to work this aspect by making Bobby crack jokes, often bad ones, without rhyme or reason. As a result he became utterly forgettable.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)