Creating A Future Badass

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
ManOfLetters

Creating A Future Badass

Post by ManOfLetters »

In a couple of weeks, my group and I are going to have an adventure that involves time-travel. One of us will be sent into the future by a plot-device. Naturally, since this'll be comic-based, it'll be a Bad FutureTM (think Days of Future Past mixed with Same as It Never Was).

The traveler will most likely end up meeting a few of his allies from the original era, who during the 20-25 year time gap, have most likely gained 3-4 levels in Badassery. The catch? Our GM hasn't told us WHICH one of us will be propelled through time. So, to prepare for it, he wants us each to create a future version of our already-existing characters.

At the moment, however, I'm drawing a blank as to how to go about doing so. Any recommendations? I mean, I can understand some Ability Scores increasing/decreasing, but that's about it for now.
catsi563

Re: Creating A Future Badass

Post by catsi563 »

Well the main issue is the character its harder to speculate on a character that no one knows anything about then one everyones familiar with also difficult to track changes without knowing the timeline hes in what events he may or may not have been involved with that could change all life on earth much less just this one hero

A future version of spidey or Superman or Batman is fairly easy to track the growth of

the simplest without actually seeing the character would be to lay out a number of PP earned as rewards for reguarl play over that time

So 2 year later there was the skrull invasion in which he was wounded but helped take down the main skrull spec ops leader in single combat

then 4 year later he aided the Justice revengers in taking down Dino lords genetically mad plant to turn the world into Compsagnathuses

8 years later hes engaged in regular crime fighting until he ran into the big Hydra plot to mind control the world where he had to infiltrate the hydra base in disguise to take out the mind control satellite while being hunted by his former teamates who were now mind controlled

and so on and so forth

each time line event would be the equivalent of a full adventure over multuiple sessions with the appropriare rewards

then add those total PPs to the character to createe this Hero some 20-25 years in the future.

An alternateve take is one wth the same PP and PL but who is a legacy hero the PCs daughter or a unknown inspired bu the PCs legend to do good deeds
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Post-Human Resources

Re: Creating A Future Badass

Post by Post-Human Resources »

Honestly, if I was told to prepare a level increased version of any given character, I would first simply bump up both the accuracy and damage of my main attacking power, as well as my defence and toughness (or, possibly, whichever other defences I use most often), then start scattering a few bumps to other attacks and the less prominent defences, then add a bunch of points and ranks into any super-sense or movement powers. Bump any maxed out skills and scatter a few extra ranks in other skills as you wish. Then, all you need to do is broaden your character a bit with things like adding new alternate powers and possibly also turn some existing alternate powers into full priced alternatives (so, for example, instead of having an arm laser as a alternate power of your eye beams, put the full cost of your arm laser power in to make sure that, even if your eye laser power is drained, you're still armed with the arm laser - maybe it runs off a different fuel cell now, or you summoned a different spirit to form your arm laser, or you continued to evolve your mutation).