J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Gamebook

Re: J-Mart: Kate Pryde, Krakoa, Apocalypse, Mei, Mercy, Archangel

Post by Gamebook »

Ares wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 am
catsi563 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:19 pm sheesh whats wrong with Red robin? or call him cardinal or something like that
Sidious wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:11 pm
There was nothing wrong with the Red Robin name or original costume.
While I don't care for this name, I HATE the costume.

All it really needs is an Owl's mask and he's a Talon.
Gilliam wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:07 pm And I won't be surprised if that is the big twist later on.
Actually, I just thought of something. Why not make the colors of his costume black and white, and then change his name to "Rook"? You keep the "R", it's the name of a bird, but it also has a double meaning, being related to the chess piece to tie it into Tim's intelligence and strategic skills.

If you weren't going to go the Question route, that would solve a few issues.
All the stuff with the bird's names is incorrect anyway. The character Robin's name is not based on the bird at all, the writers who invented him for the pages of Detective Comics back in the day called him Robin based on Robin Hood.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Kate Pryde, Krakoa, Apocalypse, Mei, Mercy, Archangel

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Gamebook wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:53 am
Ares wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 am
catsi563 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:19 pm sheesh whats wrong with Red robin? or call him cardinal or something like that
Sidious wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:11 pm
There was nothing wrong with the Red Robin name or original costume.
While I don't care for this name, I HATE the costume.

All it really needs is an Owl's mask and he's a Talon.
Gilliam wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:07 pm And I won't be surprised if that is the big twist later on.
Actually, I just thought of something. Why not make the colors of his costume black and white, and then change his name to "Rook"? You keep the "R", it's the name of a bird, but it also has a double meaning, being related to the chess piece to tie it into Tim's intelligence and strategic skills.

If you weren't going to go the Question route, that would solve a few issues.
All the stuff with the bird's names is incorrect anyway. The character Robin's name is not based on the bird at all, the writers who invented him for the pages of Detective Comics back in the day called him Robin based on Robin Hood.
Well, that certainly explains the booties. ;)

I guess because modern writers assumed it was based on the bird and played that angle up that we didn't realize the original intent. I remember distinctly Jeff Joeb referencing the "red, red, robin comes bobbin' along" song when he retold Robin's origins in the Dark Victory story, and I'm sure most people recall something similar.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: The Punisher: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:08 am We've got a J-Mart Favorite Item hitting the Aisle 2 shelves! And it's a man who has always embodied the original spirit of J-Mart!

They laugh at the law. The rich ones who buy it and twist it to their whims. The other ones, who have nothing to lose, who don't care about themselves, or other people. All the ones who think they're above the law, or outside it, or beyond it. They know all the law is good for is to keep good people in line. And they all laugh. They laugh at the law. But they don't laugh at me. - The Punisher

THE PUNISHER
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 4; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 220
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+5), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+14), Deception 5 (+9), Expertise [Demolitions] 8 (+10), Expertise [Military] 7 (+9), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+10), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 8 (+12) [Daze, Startle], Investigation 9 (+11), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Guns] 1 (+14), Stealth 8 (+12), Technology 4 (+6), Treatment 1 (+3), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Daze (1) (Intimidation), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (11), Favored Foe (Mobsters), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Guns, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Last Stand*, Power Attack (2) (Firearms, Short Blades), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (8), Startle, Takedown (2), Tracking, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(55 pts)
Undercover Vest: Protection 2, Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Limited to ballistics; 3 pts
Cell Phone, Standard: Feature 1 (Cellular Communication); 1 pt
Binoculars: Feature 1 (+5 Perception [Visual at Distance]); 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pts
Masterwork Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 5; 10 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Arsenal: (26 pts)
RPG: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 8, Burst Area 4, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 20 pts
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt
Heavy Machine Pistol: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 4; 1 pt
7.62mm (M60) Machine Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 6; 1 pt
Masterwork Sniper Rifle: Ranged Ballistic Damage 6, Dangerous, Extended Range (50/100/250); 1 pt
Pump Shotgun: Ranged Solid Shell Ballistic Damage 5; 1 pt
Tear Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition); 1 pt
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Van: Size - H, Strength - 9, Speed - 5, Def - 6, Tough - 11, Features - Hidden Compartments, Multiple License Plates; 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12 [Knife +4, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +12
Guns +14 [Heavy Pistol +5, Critical 19-20; M60 Machine Gun +6, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Machine Pistol +4, Multiattack; Sniper Rifle +6, Critical 18-20; Shotgun +5]
Special Attack [RPG +8, Burst Area +4, Fragmentation Grenades +5, Burst Area; Tear Gas Affliction +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll, +8 against Ballistics, +6 without defensive roll against Ballistics), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Jigsaw, Ma Gnuchi, pretty much every gangster/mobster in New York.
Honor: He will not kill cops, non-criminal vets, women, children and other innocents.
Obsession: With punishing all criminals.
Relationships: With the memory of his family.
Reputation: He's the Punisher. Lots of people die around him. Kinda makes him a pariah in the superhero world.
Rivalry: He has a bit of a rivalry with other street level heroes like Daredevil and Spidey, who he has helped many times, but continue to try and get him to put down his vendetta. Ain't gonna happen…

Abilities 76 + Skills 42 (84 ranks) + Advantages 37 + Powers 0 + Defenses 14 = 169 / 169

Build Comments: The man who has always epitomized the essence of J-Mart, The Punisher. There's not much else to say. Dude set off a bomb at the wake of Stilt Man. He shoots people. He stabs people. He snaps necks. He kills bad guys dead. Pretty much his role in the Thorpocaverse.

You just don't get any closer to the J-Mart ideals of pointless violence and continual mayhem than that... 8-)

Secret Origins: When mobsters slew his family, Frank Castle vowed to spend the rest of his life avenging them. Trained as a Marine and equipped with state-of-the-art weapons, he now wages a one-man war against crime as the Punisher.

The Story so Far: Castle managed to survive the attack on his family but was deeply traumatized by the incident. He was going to testify in court to identify the shooters, but Castle was denied this since the New York police department were deeply connected to the Mafia. He decided not to return to Marine duty, but instead outfitted himself with assorted weapons and a battle suit that displayed a large death's head on the chest, and embarked on a one-man anti-crime campaign throughout New York City. Castle devoted the rest of his life to eradicating organized crime, using the nom de guerre of the Punisher.

The Punisher used his combat experience (four years as a US Marine in a special operations unit in the Vietnam War), guerrilla warfare (combat assault attacks, assassinations, ambushes, hit and runs, bombings, using the enemies' own money, weapons, and supplies against them), urban warfare (using the crowded city of New York to blend in and disappear), psychological warfare (putting fear into the hearts of criminals), using detective-like skills (talking to people, reading obtained files on the people he goes after, tracking and surveying the enemy), always adapting to the enemy such as using the Mafia's own methods and tactics against them (interrogating and torturing suspects to death in order to get information from them) and whatever resources and means may be necessary to do so, ranging from light anti-tank weaponry to enraged polar bears, piranhas, and even a hydrogen bomb.

The Punisher has fought virtually about every known criminal organization, including the Italian Mafia, the Russian Mafia, the Japanese Yakuza, the Colombian and Mexican drug cartels, the Chinese Triads, Jamaican Yardies, the Aryan Brotherhood, the Irish Mob, biker gangs, street gangs, gunrunning militias, muggers, killers, rapists, psychopaths, sadists, pedophiles, and corrupt cops.

The Punisher has also assaulted such criminal business enterprises as drugs, weapons smuggling, money laundering and human trafficking. The Punisher fought organized crime long enough to know their modus operandi and predict their actions. Many of these organizations tried to kill the Punisher, using both their own men and hired contract killers. But the Punisher managed to kill almost every type of assassin, hitman, bounty hunter, and mercenary, even the superhuman ones that have been sent after him.

Characterization: The Punisher works outside the traditional system of law and order. He is a remorseless and cold-blooded killer. The Punisher possesses no superhuman abilities and succeeds solely through ingenuity and the rigorous training of his military upbringing, a finely honed killer instinct and an extensive arsenal of weapons culled from fallen foes and military allies.

Unlike most heroes, Castle has no dual identity, no "real world" job, no known hobbies, and few friends. He spends nearly all of his time planning his next hit, stopping only to recover from injuries or fatigue. Money taken from criminals is used to purchase food, weapons, ammunition, and pay the rent of his many safehouses. He also disregards what the police and the public think of him, and is known to kill corrupt cops. He is viewed as a dangerous criminal by the public and by most members of the superhero community.

Friends and Foes: He doesn’t have many allies and most of his foes he’s killed. He has a bit of a friendship with the Midnighter, who supports his killing of the bastards that need killing, but they are rarely in contact due to Frank’s mobile lifestyle.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Arcade: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More replacement builds...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:30 am It's time for a WANT TO PLAY A GAME? SPECIAL with this new item for Aisle 2!

Tell the truth now, Excalibur... admit it to yoreselves, if not to me... wasn't this FUN?!? - Arcade

ARCADE
PL10

OPL: 3; SPL: 10; DPL: 4; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 140
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Close Combat [Cane] 3 (+6), Deception 8 (+12) [Taunt], Expertise [Assassin] 5 (+13), Expertise [Robotics] 12 (+20), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+6), Investigation 2 (+10), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+4), Stealth (+2), Technology 11 (+19) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (If the heroes get to him, it’s usually a robot duplicate of him instead), Equipment (4), Favored Environment (Murderworld), Inventor, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Speed of Thought*, Taunt

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Cane: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 1, Feature 1 (Remote Control for Murderworld); 2 pts
Headquarters: (17 pts)
Murderworld: Size - H, Tough - 12, Features 10 - Communications, Concealed, Defense Systems, Deathtraps 5, Holding Cells, Power System, Secret; 17 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +0]
Cane +6 [Cane +1]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Despite his lack of success against "a-list" heroes, he's very confident in his reputation as a master assassin.
Obsession: Gamesmanship. He loves his job of killing, but it always has to be a game for him to truly enjoy it.

Abilities 50 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 0 + Defenses 13 = 100 / 100

Build Comments: Never was a huge fan of Arcade, but BARON had a love for him that is so strong, it actually made me a fan. He used him in several of his fights and stories and it’s always entertaining, moreso than he usually is in main continuity. Maybe Marvel should hire BARON to write JUST Arcade stories. Well, I guess he could write Batman for DC, too…
The Murderworld I built for him is just a sample, he’s one of those characters that you should use your imagination with and tailor his Murderworld for the players. You can also throw in a Miss Locke for some “muscle” for him and he usually has a few robot duplicates of the heroes to throw at them as well.

Secret Origins: Arcade gave differing accounts of his past life, and as yet there is no evidence to substantiate any of those accounts. Apparently Arcade told falsehoods about his past to mislead and confuse his opponents for his own amusement. One of Arcade's accounts stated that he was the spoiled son of a millionaire living in Beverley Hills, California, and killed his own father to acquire his vast sums of money on his 21th birthday, possibly also because he had treated him of being worthless. In killing his father, Arcade discovered that he had a talent and liking for murder. He therefore became an assassin, but was soon bored with killing by ordinary means, and used his great wealth to construct hidden complexes of high-tech death traps designed in the manner of an amusement park.

The Story so Far: Arcade killed victims by trapping them within his "Murderworld" for whomever would pay the millions he charged. To him, the game itself was more important than the expense or even the winning. He was also contracted to kill various super heroes, from common foes like Spider-Man and the X-Men, to other targets like Puck and Northstar of Alpha Flight, and Ghost Rider, but these attempts always resulted in failure. Occasionally, Arcade held personal grudges against heroes, trying to kill them for free, such as Captain Britain or Batman.
Arcade killed his long-time assistant Miss Locke and mutilated his own face during a plot to frame Wolverine in a complex "Jack the Ripper"-like series of murders. His plot was defeated by Wolverine, Gambit, and his former ally Mastermind (Martinique Jason), the daughter of the original Mastermind, who left Arcade in a state of delusion. At some point, Arcade recovered, and returned to his usual modus operandi, capturing heroes such as Spider-Man and the Black Cat but escaping capture.

Characterization: Arcade is a highly sought after assassin, even though his record against name superheroes isn’t sterling. He enjoys the game more than the actual kill most of the time and loves to change the rules up to keep things interesting. But most of the time, once the rules are in place, he will abide by them, at least until he has time to change them up.

Friends and Foes: He had a relationship with his former assistant Miss Locke, but apparently killed her. He often creates androids with her visage. Other than that, he generally works alone, but has teamed up with other villains when it helps his game. He generally doesn’t get personal with his foes, but he seems to have a particular desire to kill Wolverine, Spider-Man and Batman above everyone else.
Woodclaw

Re: J-Mart: The Punisher, Arcade

Post by Woodclaw »

Arcade is... kind of weird. In many ways he's a Batman villain transplanted in the Marvel Universe. In a shared setting, I can totally picture a massive rivalry between him and the Riddler, since they share move than a passing similarity in terms of modus operandi, but being completely different in terms of personality.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I always loved Arcade as the ultimate fun "one-off" villain. Someone puts a contract out on the superhero team, he comes in and puts them in a Murderworld, we get a nice two-part adventure where the heroes have to escape a variety of fun death traps based off of games and pop culture. It works with almost any hero, it's a nice "breather episode", it lets the writer be creative with scenarios, it's the kind of thing GMs would love doing. It's why I hated what Marvel did to the character, though I know I've ranted enough about that topic.

I see the Riddler as having a different MO than Arcade, at least in most iterations. The Riddler is generally more about figuring out where his next crime will be and less a "death trap" person, though the Arkham games went with that idea and it works quite well. Going the Arcade route wouldn't be a bad way to give the Riddler a new schtick and make him more relevant, having him be a guy who creates scenarios the heroes have to figure out rather than simple clues to his crime. Make each trap scenario a puzzle/riddle and he's suddenly got a lot more uses to DC.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, mentioning BARON bring me back. He's still been active once in a while- last I saw he posted at Ronin Army in October.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Despero: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:46 am We've got a TEAM WRECKER SPECIAL hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

There is nowhere to run, Justice League. The hate of Despero moves slowly, but it moves unstoppably. - Despero

DESPERO
PL15

OPL: 15; SPL: 2; DPL: 14; FWPL: 13; HP: 1
Height: 8-1
Weight: 850
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: None
Skin: Red
Race: Kalanorian
Base of Operations: Mobile

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+12), Deception 4 (+9), Expertise [Magic] 5 (+13), Insight (+8), Intimidation 7 (+12), Perception (+8), Persuasion (+5), Stealth (+4/+3), Technology 7 (+15)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Despero Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Flame of Pytar Enhanced Physiology: Enhanced Strength 5 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to lifting), Immortality 3 (1 week), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 13, Regeneration 5 (1/every other round); 44 pts
Telekinetic Flight: 28 pt Array; 29 pts
Flying: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr); 28 pts
Movement: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 1 pt

Mental Detection: Senses 5 (Detect Minds [Mental], Accurate, Acute, Ranged); 5 pts
Telepathic Mastery: 50 pt Dynamic Array; 56 pts
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 50 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 14, Area Communication 4 (Mental; Worldwide; Extra: Dyanmic, Selective); 2 pts
Hallucinations: Illusion 9 (All Senses, Extra:Dynamic, Selective, Flaw: Limited [one subject], Resistible [Will]); 2 pts
Mental Blast: Perception Ranged Psychic Damage 12 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will], Fynamic, Subtle); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +4
Special Attack [Mental Blast +12, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +19 (+19 without Defensive Roll, +9 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Justice League has stopped Despero from conquering Earth, and other planets, on many occassions. As such, he has a great desire to deal them a permanent defeat.
Motivation: Despero is driven to conquer all worlds and prove his superiority over everyone.
Power Loss: There are times where the Flames of Pytar have, or can be drained from him. If this happens, he loses his Growth and Flame of Pytar based powers and his stats drop to STR 2, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 2, FGT 6.

Abilities 132 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 139 + Defenses 8 = 295 / 295

Build Comments: Despero is a longtime foe of the Justice League. Sometimes he's able to take on Captain Marvel and Superman at the same time, sometimes he loses to VIBE, but I went on the high end since I need more higher level challenges for my heroes.

Secret Origins: Despero first appears when in pursuit of two rebels from the planet Kalanor, which he rules as a tyrant. They are attempting to create a weapon to defeat him. The rebels make contact with the Justice League of America with JLA member Flash accepting Despero's challenge after he places the rest of the group in a hypnotic trance, but the Flash is defeated in a game similar to chess due to Despero cheating using his third eye's mental powers, and along with the rest of the JLA sent to different worlds. Despero found out about this by reading the mind of one of the rebels he had tracked down and teleported, though her father and Flash were protected by the dimensional traveller's 'blue glow'. However, the JLA are able to escape all the dangers on the worlds and return to Earth using a dimensional traveler one of Despero's henchmen possesses after the Flash defeats him. Despero has found the rebel and plans to use the energy-absorbing weapon they hoped to use to disable his weapons to conquer Earth, but Snapper Carr uses it to weaken the villain after pretending he has been hypnotized, though the 'blue glow' protected him. Despero is then imprisoned and Kalanor is freed.

The Story so Far: The villain has his third eye surgically removed, making him lose his hypnotic powers. Eventually it grows back, he fakes his death in an explosion at a lab and in revenge ages half of the Justice League and banishes the remainder to three other worlds, where he has caused reptile, insect, and marine life to become intelligent, planning to conquer the worlds later. When Despero attempts to deceive Wonder Woman by disguising himself as an aged Superman, she overpowers the villain with her Lasso of Truth, realizing the energy should not have affected Superman, and forces him to undo his actions. Despero is thwarted again when the Justice League intervene in his intergalactic plans of conquest, save member the Martian Manhunter who is being forced to play in a life and death chess match

Despero eventually returns with even greater abilities, and a new body (now physically enhanced by the "Flame of Py'tar", a remnant of the nuclear energy responsible for creating his race), and completely destroys the Justice League Satellite. After defeating the Justice League, Despero reshapes Gotham City to suit his purposes. Taunted by Batman, Despero is eventually distracted, allowing fellow member Vibe to extinguish the Flame of Py'tar. The villain's form is immediately dispelled and reality restores itself.

Despero eventually reforms, and has continued to target the Justice League on many occasions.

Characterization: Despero has gone through virtually as many transformations as the League itself. Initially appearing as a physically weak, mind-controlling tyrant with a penchant for playing chess for the fates of his enemies, he later surfaced to be a physical powerhouse fueled by his burning, all-consuming hatred of the Justice League.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Happy Chuck Norris' Birthday!!!

Post by Thorpocalypse »

How is today not a national holiday!?!?!?!?!!? :o

Chuck actually died twenty years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't get up the courage to tell him.

HAPPY CHUCK NORRIS' BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!!!!

--

When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he’s pushing the Earth down.

Chuck Norris will never have a heart attack... even his heart isn't foolish enough to attack Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch. He decides what time it is.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity. Twice.

Chuck Norris' dog is trained to pick up his own poop because Chuck Norris will not take shit from anyone.

Chuck Norris doesn't dial the wrong number, you pick up the wrong phone.

Chuck Norris once walked away from a fight with two broken ribs and a dislocated arm. He hasn't given them back yet...

Chuck Norris can hit you so hard your blood will bleed.

Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.

When God said, ‘Let There Be LIGHT!’ Chuck said, ‘Say Please.’

Chuck Norris does not own a stove, oven, or microwave , because revenge is a dish best served cold.

There is no chin behind Chuck Norris’ beard. There is only another fist.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

The quickest way to a man’s heart is with Chuck Norris’s fist.

We live in an expanding universe. All of it is trying to get away from Chuck Norris.

Freddy Krueger has nightmares about Chuck Norris.

There are no streets named after Chuck Norris. Because no one crosses Chuck Norris and lives.

Most people have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Chuck Norris has 72… and they’re all lethal.
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Happy Chuck Norris' Birthday!!!

Post by Goldar »

I would have been here sooner to wish Chuck Norris a Happy Birthday, but there was this huge crowd of people I had to get through............................

........and they were all Kung-Fu Fighting! :lol:
Thorpocalypse

Re: Blastaar: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Still backfilling old slots with new builds while I have the time and motivation. Here's Blastaar.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:02 am New item for Aisle 2 and this one's gonna be a BLAST!

King Blastaar, if you please. Welcome to the Negative Zone. - Blastaar

BLASTAAR
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 6; DPL: 12; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 6-6
Weight: 520
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Grey
Skin: Grey
Race: Baluurian
Base of Operations: The Negative Zone

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+16), Deception 2 (+7), Expertise [Negative Zone] 8 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+10), Insight (+3), Intimidation 9 (+14), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+5), Ranged Combat [Blast] 4 (+11), Stealth (+3), Technology 7 (+9), Vehicles 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (6) (Status, Wealth, Resources 6 – Ruler of Planet Baluur in the Negative Zone), Chokehold, Close Attack (3), Diehard, Favored Foe (Annihilus), Great Endurance, Leadership, Power Attack (2) (Blast, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Trance

POWERS:
Baluurian Physique: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 11, Immunity 10 (Life Support, Flaw: Sustained), Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 24 pts
Living Bomb Burst: 36 pt Array; 38 pts
Bomb Burst: Burst Area Force Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius]); 36 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 15; 1 pt
Burst Flight: Flight 12 (8000 mph/16 mpr), Movement 1 (Space Travel 1 [Other Planets in Solar System]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +7
Blast +11 [Blasts +15]
Special Attack [Bomb Burst +12, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +15 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Fantastic Four.
Motivation: Ruling the Negative Zone and beyond.
Rivalry: Annihilus.

Abilities 102 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 62 + Defenses 9 = 218 / 218

Build Comments: A recurring FF foe, Blastaar. He got some decent run in War of Kings and Annihilation so I made him pretty formidable, although the FF usually hands him his butt pretty quickly. Still, he is Annihilus' only real rival for ruling the Negative Zone, so PL13 felt about right for him.

Secret Origins: Blastaar once ruled the planet Baluur in the Negative Zone. The inhabitants revolted and set him adrift in space, there he came across Mister Fantastic, who was returning to Earth with the Inhuman Triton, and he followed them through a portal. He teamed up with some other villains, but the Fantastic Four and Crystal managed to defeat them and send Blastaar back to his own dimension.

The Story so Far: He has tried to conquer Earth on other occasions, without success.
Blastaar became king of Baluur again and expanded his territory significantly. When his empire made contact with Annihilus', they became rivals and have been so for years.

Blastaar aided the Spaceknights and Nova in his attempt to assassinate Annihilus during the Annihilation conflict. After Annihilus’ defeat, Blastaar became king of the Negative Zone, however with Annihilus’ rebirth, his rule has been challenged once again and he remains at war with his old foe.

Characterization: Blastaar is very single-minded in his quest for power and while he has certainly had his share of run-ins with Earth’s, and the galaxy’s heroes, he has aided them when it’s suited his purposes.

Friends and Foes: His greatest rivalry is with Annihilus, but he has no love lost for the Fantastic Four and The Green Lantern Corps, who have opposed him many times in quest for power in the positive matter universe.
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Workin' on the store...

Post by Goldar »

I hope all is well at the J-Mart. Has J-Mart closed its doors for the next few weeks or will it remain open?
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Goldar wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:25 am I hope all is well at the J-Mart. Has J-Mart closed its doors for the next few weeks or will it remain open?
We ain't scared of no apocalyptic virus! We'll be open! 8-)

Except for the next few days. The Odinthorpe had some bad home health and he's back in the hospital so I have go see him before he gets put in a nursing home or I may not be able to see him for a good while. Craziness.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:40 am
Goldar wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:25 am I hope all is well at the J-Mart. Has J-Mart closed its doors for the next few weeks or will it remain open?
We ain't scared of no apocalyptic virus! We'll be open! 8-)

Except for the next few days. The Odinthorpe had some bad home health and he's back in the hospital so I have go see him before he gets put in a nursing home or I may not be able to see him for a good while. Craziness.
Hope Odinthorp is doing well. Positive thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear the store will be open. I plan to stop by--you can recognize me even with my mask and back-pack O2 tank by my Antennae! :geek: :ugeek:
Thorpocalypse

Re: Playtest - Spider-Man vs. Sportsmaster

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More testing.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:12 am Playtest – Spider-Man vs. Sportsmaster

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack, SA – Standard Attack], TC - Toughness Check, WC – Will Check, FC – Fortitude Check

Main Sheet
Fight Sheet
Mid Page
Last Page

Intro: Back to the tests. This sounded like a fun matchup. Let’s see.

--

Sportsmaster is looking for some steady income so he was able to parlay an old favor for Montana of The Enforcers to get an audition to be one of The Kingpin’s main men. He gets sent to “talk” to one of Fisk’s underlings that he thinks is holding out on him. The job’s below Crock’s usual standards but a man’s gotta eat.

What he doesn’t know is that Fisk is going to have one of his cops that’s on the take watch the place and make a call for assistance just to see if it draws out a superhero to see how he handles himself. Sure enough, once Sportsmaster enters the hideout, the cop calls in and it just so happens that our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is monitoring the scanner and arrives on the scene in short order.
The hideout is your pretty standard abandoned warehouse so Spidey can pretty easily wall crawl around and find a second floor window to get into. He gets a good look at Sportsmaster but he’s not familiar with him. He figures he can’t be too dangerous if he’s doing low level work like this so he’s not going to try and sneak up, he’ll just come in quipping.
Sportsmaster’s already beat the crap out of the lower level crime bosses’ men and he’s getting ready to knock the leader around when Spidey lowers himself down on a web line, making a joke about him getting a 5 year major for roughing (a hockey mask joke, bada bing). Sportsmaster smiles underneath his mask knowing that if he takes Spider-Man down, he’s in like Flynn with the Kingpin. He drops the gang leader who bolts, along with the rest of thugs that can still walk.

Crock turns introduces himself as the Sportsmaster and announces that it's game on…
Round 1: Initiative: Spider-Man – 30, Sportsmaster – 26. Both had really good rolls. They’re about 20 ft. apart. Spidey will try to wrap this up quick and Web Slings a snare at Crock, SA. He hits with a 29. Crock has to make a DC19 dodge check and he does with a 26. He whips some exploding balls at Spidey, DC15 dodge check, easy dodge for Pete, he gets a 29 thanks to his Evasion 2. DC18 TC and Spidey makes it with an 18 on the dot.

Round 2: Initiative: Spider-Man, Sportsmaster. Peter realizes he needs to take this guy seriously. He leaps off his web with a series of flips to try and Agile Feint Sportsmaster as a move action. He gets an adjusted 30, Crock opposes with Acrobatics and gets close with a 26 but he’s vulnerable this round. Spidey will go PA5 unarmed and hits with the 16 he needed with Sportsmaster’s lowered defenses. DC29 TC for Crock and he gets a 25 for a 1st degree failure. He’s rolling really well.

He’ll try to keep it rolling as he pulls out his Hammer and takes a swing at Spidey. He goes AA2 and hits with a 33, just shy of a crit. DC22 for Pete, natural 2, HP to reroll gets him an adjusted 26 to avoid damage.

Status – Spider-Man (fine, 0 hp), Sportsmaster (-1 toughness, 1 hp)
Round 3: Spidey tries to Taunt as a move action and he fails against Sportsmaster’s Deception as Sportsmaster continues the hot rolling with a natural 20 against Pete’s adjusted 16.
“Hey, Jason take it easy!” Spider-Man quipped. “I never went anywhere near that camp, I swear!”

Sportsmaster just shook his head. “Really, Web Head? A Jason joke? Like I’ve never heard THAT before.”

“Well, I was saving my A material for the midnight show but since this is a tough crowd…”

He’ll attack unarmed again, DA2, and misses with a 14. Sportsmaster swings the Hammer again, PA2 and he misses with a 15.

Round 4: Spidey will disengage (see House Rules as I test this) and will fire a webline up to get some space. He goes up 20 ft. Sportsmaster grabs a discus this time and flings it at his foe, AA2, he misses with a 19. The dice are now cold...

Round 5: Spidey attempts to web him up again, this time with a trapping attempt with his Web Spinning Create. He goes PA2 and hits with a 30. DC21 Dodge check for Sportsmaster and he gets a 22 to avoid it again. He pulls out a javelin, SA, and hits with a 26. DC21 TC, Spidey only gets a 12 for a 2nd degree failure.

Status – Spider-Man (-1 toughness, dazed, 0 hp), Sportsmaster (-1 toughness, 1 hp)

Round 6: Initiative: Spider-Man, Sportsmaster. Spidey will recover this round and try to come up with something to turn things around. Sportsmaster flings another discus, AA2, but misses with a 16.

Round 7: Initiative: Spider-Man, Sportsmaster. Spidey will attempt to Agile Feint Crock as a Move Action again. Barely wins 26 to 25. He’ll try a PA2 web spinning trap again and hits with a crit. DC26 Dodge check and Crock finally fails with a 24. He’s trapped in a web net. Sportsmaster will try to break out, DC19 is what he needs but he only gets a 15.

Round 8: Spidey will layer on more webs, making the DC20. Sportsmaster gets a nat 20 on his attempt to break out!

Round 9: Spidey will attempt to web his foe again but misses badly. Sportsmaster wants to clobber Spidey with his hammer so he pulls it out, uses his action for Athletics check to try and get high enough to hit him with Reach, he gets a 23 which I will say he can spring off a crate and attack. He’ll use EE for another action and attacks AA2 and hits. Another DC21 check and Pete gets another poor roll getting an 11 for a 2nd degree failure.

Status – Spider-Man (-1 toughness, dazed, 0 hp), Sportsmaster (-1 toughness, fatigued 1 hp)

Round 10: Spidey can’t recover again and he can’t move into melee so he will be a hero and try again to web this guy up. Web Slinging AA2, hits with a 26. Dodge check for Sportsmaster is a natural 2. HP to reroll gets him an adjusted 23 to avoid again. He flings his last discus, PA2, but misses with a 20.

Round 11: Spidey swings down and with a kick goes PA2 and hits with a 22 on the nose. Sportsmaster has to make a DC26 TC and he rolls a natural 3 for a 9 total. That’s a 4th degree failure and he’s out!

Final Status – Spider-Man (-1 toughness, 0 hp), Sportsmaster (-2 toughness, fatigued, incapacitated, 1 hp)
Pete grabs his side where the javelin sliced through before wrapping Sportsmaster up for the cops. He went to the door and motioned for the police to come in before swinging away. The cops under the Kingpin’s employ take Sportsmaster to their car and drive away. A few minutes later one of them calls back in to dispatch saying that he overpowered them and escaped.

In reality they let him go once they put some distance between themselves and the crime scene. One of them hands the groggy Sportsmaster a burner phone that rings shortly thereafter.

“Fine work,” Wilson Fisk said from the other end. “It seems you acquitted yourself well, even if you weren’t able to finish off the Wall Crawler. But there’s no shame in that, he is notoriously difficult to eradicate. If you would like to discuss future opportunities, we can meet on Thursday, time and location to be determined…”

Comments: Man, that was a lot closer fight than I expected. I kept Spidey in close range so Sportsmaster could keep it interesting but he was pretty close to scoring the upset, which I did not expect. I need to do something with the webbing mechanics though. That’s two tests where it was pretty ineffective, with Bane having no problems with it and I having a hard time pinning Sportsmaster with it as well. Maybe I need to raise it a rank or two.

Huh, I also just realized that Pete should have started with 2 hp from that last test against Bane. Oh well, I’ll tack it on to the next one since I want to keep working on that webbing mechanic.

More tests to come…