Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Archives

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: Mister B's M&M 3e :: Baptiste (Overwatch)

Post by Davies »

It's probably under the same circumstances as RoninArmy; if and when that comes back, the ATT should as well.

If.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

last time I checked, I got a warning that it didn't exist. But I'll check again.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MisterB wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:46 pm last time I checked, I got a warning that it didn't exist. But I'll check again.
Apparently the entire Ronin Army forum is down.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MisterB

Marvel Origin Templates: Mutants

Post by MisterB »

Someone had requested some of my old 3e templates for the Marvel Mutant origin.

Base Mutant Template
As always I try to design templates are loose and free as possible, trying to stay as close to the basics as possible.
Ability Adjustments: Mutants in the Marvel setting are Incredibly resilient and gain a +1 bonus to their Stamina Attribute. (Cost 2 pp). Mutants that are apart of a long line of mutation, not only gain a +1 bonus to their endurance but a +1 bonus to Awareness. (Cost 4pp)
Starting Skills: Deception at rank 2 is almost a requirement for mutants in the Marvel Universe, knowing how to lie in a compromising situation might make the difference (This is also optional). (Cost 1pp).
Starting Advantages: Continuing with the Resilience of many mutants, especially the most powerful ones Often possess Diehard, though this is not a requirement of the template (Cost 1pp). Those mutants that are part of the X-Men, receive a modest amount of combat training and can be expected to have the following Advantages. Close Combat or Ranged Combat at 1 Rank (Cost 1pp).
Defense Modifiers: Generally a mutant may not possess any initial defensive traits. However, those who receive combat training with the X-men receive some form of defensive training. This can be either a +2 bonus to Dodge or Parry. They also receive training in resisting mental powers and effects, gaining a +2 bonus to their Willpower Defense (Cost 4pp).
Powers Mutants have at least 2 powers that often fit within a theme, these powers usually manifest themselves physically upon the hero making it very hard to hide. Many mutants stand out in the crowd!
Complications: There are many complications that are appropriate for those with the Mutant Origin Template. Motivation (Acceptance), Identity (Secret), Prejudice (Being a Mutant). And sometimes Mutants may possess a complication that fits in with the theme of his or her powers.
DalkonCledwin

Re: Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Comics Origin Templates.

Post by DalkonCledwin »

Thanks for writing this up!
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

DalkonCledwin wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:32 am Thanks for writing this up!
Your welcome
Hellstormer1

Re: Design Diary: Heavy Ordinance

Post by Hellstormer1 »

MisterB wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:53 pm These are all the weapons I could find through different source books so I thought I would put them together. Though the Area (burst)s and Nuclear Hardware are my own research and design, they may not be completely accurate. But I think they might come close. But part of me wants to change a lot of the damages for heavy weapons, and Anti-Tank weapons, and perhaps Area (burst)s many of them don’t make much sense.

Miscellaneous Weapons
Destroyer Class Heavy Guns (Blast 10, Area (burst) 8)
Battle Ship Massive Gun Batteries (Blast 13, Area (burst) 9)
Ballistic Missile (Blast 15, Area (burst) 10- Much higher with a Nuclear Warhead)
Torpedoes (Blast 8, Area (burst) 10) - Found on Submarines
Mini Rocket (Blast 9, Area (burst) 6) - Usually Found on Helicopters
Air-to-Air Missiles (Blast 11, Area (burst) 8, Homing 6)
Air to Ground Bombs (Blast 12+, Area (burst) 6)

Machine Guns
Light Machine Gun (+5 blast, ballistic, multiattack)
Med. Machine Gun (+6 blast, ballistic, multiattack)
Heavy Machine Gun (+7 blast, Ballistic, multiattack)

Heavy Weapons
Anti-tank rocket (+9 blast, Area (burst))
Light Mortar (+5 blast, Area (burst))
Medium Mortar (+7 blast, Area (burst))
Heavy mortar (+9 blast, Area (burst))

Anti Tank Guns
Light Anti-tank Gun (+7 blast, penetrating, burst 4)
Med. Anti-Tank Gun (+8 blast, penetrating, burst 5)
Heavy Anti-tank Gun (+9 blast, penetrating, burst 6)

Field Artillery
Light Field Artillery (+8 blast, Area (burst), Extended Range)
Med. Field Artillery (+9 blast, Area (burst) 2, Extended Range)
Heavy Field Artillery (+10 blast, Area (burst) 3, Extended Range)

Mines
Anti Personal Mine (+8 damage, Area (burst) 4)
Anti -Tank (m-kill; +10 damage, Area (burst) 5)
Anti -Tank (K-kill; +12 damage, Area (burst) 6 (assume 20 kilograms of Area (burst)))

Explosives
½ Pound of Dynamite (+5 damage, Area (burst))
½ Kilo of Dynamite (+6 damage, Area (burst))
½ Kilo of Plastique (+7 damage, Area (burst))
1 Kilogram (+8 damage, Area (burst) 2)
10 Kilograms (+11 damage, Area (burst) 5)
20 Kilograms (+12 damage, Area (burst) 6)

Nuclear Weapons
Tactical Nuclear Missile (+15 blast, Area (burst) 12, Improved Range) .01 Kilotons
B61 Nuclear Bomb (+15 to +19 blast, Area (burst) 12*) .3-160 kilotons
Hiroshima’s Little Boy (+19 blast, Area (burst) 12) 12-15 Kilotons
Nagasaki’s Fat Man (+20 blast, Area (burst) 12) 20-22 Kilotons
W76 Warhead (+22 blast, Area (burst) 13) 100 kilotons
W87 Warhead (+23 blast, Area (burst) 13) 300 kilotons
W88 Warhead & Ivy King (+24 blast, Area (burst) 13) 475 Kilotons
Orange Herald (+25 blast, Area (burst) 13) 700 kilotons
B83 Nuclear Bomb (+26 blast, Area (burst) 14) 1200 Kilotons/1 Megaton
B53 Nuclear Bomb (+28 blast, Area (burst) 14) 9000 Kilotons/9 Megatons
Castle Bravo Device (+29 blast, Area (burst) 14) 15,000 Kilotons/15 Megatons
EK17/MK-17, EC 24/MK-24 & B41 (+30 blast, Area (burst) 15) 25,00 kilotons/25 Megatons
Tsar Bomba (+31 blast, Area (burst) 15) 50,000 Kilotons/50 Megatons

More Nuclear Weaponry:
The Tomahawk Land Attack Missile.
The Tomahawk comes in two varieties, and are either mounted on submarines or on cruisers.
- BLU-97B Warhead (Blast 17, Area (burst) 12, Extended Range) + Weaken 5 (toughness)
- Nuclear Warhead (Blast 18, Area (burst) 13, Extended Range)

Cluster Bombs
The cluster bomb listed here is the kind that scatters land mines. After the Afghanistan incident, that cluster bombs were banned.
Blast 13 [Area (burst) 2 ] for the initial blast. Leaving a field of explosive debri that causes another rank 8 explosive.

BLU-82B “The Daisy Cutter”
Blast 14 [Area (burst) x6]
*stares like a kid in the candy store*........more please????
"NOPE!"
Hellstormer1

Post by Hellstormer1 »

The link for Thorpocalypse in The Atomic League goes to Richard B Riddick. If intentional, cool. If not, letting you know.
"NOPE!"
MisterB

X-Men: Forge

Post by MisterB »

Forge (redux) - PL 8

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 4, Fighting 5, Intellect 8, Awareness 3, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit, Wealth 2 (independently wealthy), Defensive Attack, Equipment 1, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Languages 1, Ritualist, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort: Technology

Skills
Athletics 3 (+6), Expertise: Arcane 3 (+11), Expertise: Business 2 (+10), Perception 3 (+6), Ranged Combat: Blast: Blast 6 4 (+8), Technology 4 (+18/+12), Vehicles 3 (+7)

Powers
Bionics
. . Bionic Left Arm: Power-lifting 2 (+2 STR for lifting; Quirk: Limited to left Arm)
. . Hidden Compartment in Left Leg: Feature 1
Invention
. . Computer Control : Affliction 9 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, Resisted by: Will, DC 19; Limited: Limited to machines with Computers, Limited Degree)
. . Data Link: Radio Communication 1 (Rapid 2)
. . Inventor: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Technology +6 (+18), Advantages: Improvised Tools, Inventor, Ultimate Effort: Technology)
. . Quickness: Quickness 6 (Perform routine tasks in -6 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental)
Magic
. . Magical Senses: Senses 4 (Awareness: Magic Awareness (mental), Awareness: Spirit Awareness (mental), Counters Concealment: Invisibility)
. . Movement: Movement 3 (Dimensional 3: any dimension, 200 lbs.; Increased Mass 2; Check Required: DC 11 - Arcane Check)
Plasma Blaster (Easily Removable)
. . Blast: Blast 6 (DC 21; Multi-attack)

Equipment
X-Men Costume [Commlink, Insulation, Pouches: Feature 3; Protection: Protection 2, +2 Toughness]

Offense
Initiative +6
Blast: Blast 6, +8 (DC 21)
Computer Control : Affliction 9, +5 (DC Will 19)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 13)
Throw, +4 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 18)

Complications
Prejudice: Mutant: Being a Mutant sucks.
Relationship: Forge and Storm have had an on and off again relationship , and they still hold a torch for one another.

Languages
Cheyenne, English

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 37 + Advantages 9 + Skills 8 (22 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 120
MisterB

Re: Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Archives

Post by MisterB »

Rogue (redux) - PL 8

Abilities
Strength 8, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Attractive, Close Attack 5, Equipment 1, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Takedown

Skills
Deception 6 (+6), Perception 7 (+7), Ranged Combat: Throw 6 (+6)

Powers
Permanently Absorbed Powers
. . Carols Memories: Feature 3
(Expertise: Journalism 3, Expertise: Tactics 3, Security Clearance)
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 7 (+7 STR)
. . Flight: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
. . Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious)
. . Senses: Senses 1 (Danger Sense: Mental)
. . Super Strength: Power-lifting 3 (+3 STR for lifting)
Power Absorption: Variable 4 (Custom: Can absorb more than 1 targets abilities at one time, choosing the best, Linked: Power Drain: Affliction 8; Grab-based, Limited: Cannot duplicate technological powers or Energy beings, Permanent, Quirk 2: Requires Skin to Skin contact and/or grapple, Side Effect: on failure - Weaken (awareness attack), when absorbing a target with a will of 14+ /or touching longer than a standard action)
. . Alt: Mind Reading: Mind Reading 8 (Alternate; DC 18)
Power Drain: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Linked: Power Absorption: Variable 4; Grab-based)
Psi Screen: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Mental; Limited - Half Effect)

Equipment
X-Men outfit [Commlink, Insulation: Feature 2]

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 18)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 8 (DC Will 18)
Power Drain: Affliction 8, +9 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +6 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 23)

Complications
Multiple Personality Disorder: Each time rogue holds onto an opponents for more than 1 standard round, or tries to absorb a foe with a superior will defense. She gets struck with another personality. Currently Rogue has three personalities, Cody (the boy she kissed), and Carol Danvers. Rogue can gain a hero point, but letting one of these personalities take over for a time.
Prejudice: Mutant: It sucks to be a mutant.
Quirk: Rogue just wants to be Normal, to be able to touch someone, more than anything else.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 6, Fortitude 9, Toughness 8, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 65 + Advantages 11 + Skills 7 (19 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 120

Builders Notes:
Here is my version of Rogue, for my Marvel Redux setting. I tried very hard to fit her in a PL 8 frame work, but decided as far as raw power went, I decided to make her a special case, just because I am not that skilled , in wanting to skimp on her abilities. Now I decided a few things, she's not as tough as say Collosus, she's not much of a fighter either at this stage in her history. A recent addition to the X-Men, to learn how to control her powers. But with her, she wants to just be normal again. To be able to touch someone, this makes her vulnerable to manipulation at the same time. It's up to the game master to decided If rogue should be allowed as a player character, simply because of her rp challenges, and her very powerful "power set" .

It was an incredible challenge, to simulate her Power Absorption abilities. Which lets her assume the powers, memories, skills, and certain advantages, of the target in question. I made her affliction a reaction based ability, while the Variable has its usual standard action, since that is the part the requires an active purpose to use. The only thing I haven't been able to console about this, is since its a close action and requires a grab.. Am I using "Grab" as my to hit roll, or do I need to make a hit roll with the affliction. And If so does that mean I need to make the affliction, a close area effect? Opinions?
MisterB

Re: Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Archives

Post by MisterB »

I did promise to get my marvel builds, archived here. The other option would be to just create a master pdf file.
MisterB

Bone (villain)

Post by MisterB »

Bone - PL 8
Origin: Mutant
Profession: Criminal
Base of Operations: Las Vegas, Nevada
Affiliation: Independant
Height: 7'2", Weight: 350 lbs
Eyes: Blue, Hair: None

Abilities
Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect -1, Awareness -1, Presence -1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 4, Languages 1, Power Attack

Skills
Athletics 4 (+9), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 5 (+4), Ranged Combat: Throw 8 (+8)

Powers
Hyper Exostosis
. . Bone Weapons: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 23; Variable Descriptor: close group - Bone Weapons)
. . Growth: Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +1 Intimidate, -2 Stealth, -1 active defenses; Increased Mass; Permanent)
. . Power-lifting: Power-lifting 5 (+5 STR for lifting)
. . Protection: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Impervious; Noticeable: Bone protrusions)

Offense
Initiative +0
Bone Weapons: Strength-based Damage 3, +8 (DC 23)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 15)
Throw, +8 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 20)

Complications
Disability: Deaf
Motivations: Hatred of Society

Languages
English, Sign Language

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 8, Fortitude 9, Toughness 8, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 14 + Powers 19 + Advantages 8 + Skills 9 (27 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 70

Background:
David Foreman suffers from a unique combination of genetic defects that creates the villains unique physiology, which includes Nuerofibromatosis, and exostosis. He was treated as a monster even while growing up, and his time in schools was limited. His mother did the best she could giving him an education at home, but Davids growing attitude and resentfulness filled him with hatred against the normals. The doctors couldn't help, and when he reached the age of sixteen, he ran away from home. Naturally, he mixed in with street life and became the "muscle" for a local street gang, and his life in crime began. In the end Bone , is a monstrous seven feet tall with the a boney carapace for an exterior. His back is slightly bent to his right, legs slightly shortened, and a broad chest. He became well known for being a Monster when it come to dealing out payback, and his virtual imperviousness makes him immune to small arms fire. He is a very sensitive person though and takes every slight against him the wrong way, especially his looks. However, it wasn't until he met another mutant with an almost opposite in genetic defects, that he became the notorious criminal he is today. Bone and Sinew make a gruesome but effective team.
MisterB

Sinew (Marvel Villain)

Post by MisterB »

Sinew - PL 8
Origin: Mutant
Profession: Mutant
Base of Operations: Las Vegas, Nevada
Affiliation: Independent
Height:5'9", Weight: 150 lbs
Eyes: Orange, Hair: A few loose black strands

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 7, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 0, Presence 2

Advantages
Agile Feint, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll, Improved Critical: Talons: Strength-based Damage 1, Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Prone Fighting, Takedown

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+12), Close Combat: Grab 2 (+6), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise: Streetwise 5 (+6), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 5 (+5), Stealth 6 (+13)

Powers
Healing Factor: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)
Nauseating Presence: Perception Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Disabled, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Perception Area; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
Sinewy Form
. . Elongation: Elongation 3 (Elongation: 60 feet)
. . Leaping: Leaping 2 (Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)
. . Movement: Movement 3 (Slithering, Swinging, Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
. . Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
. . Sinewy Tendrils: Extra Limbs 2 (2 extra limbs, Advantages: Improved Grab)
. . Slippery: Immunity 5 (Entrapment)
. . Talons: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 18)
. . Unrestrained: Power-lifting 3 (+3 STR for lifting)

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 12)
Nauseating Presence: Perception Area Affliction 6 (DC Fort 16)
Talons: Strength-based Damage 1, +6 (DC 18)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 5, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/5, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 32 + Advantages 9 + Skills 11 (33 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 103

Background Notes
Simon was a bright young man with a great future, but he was always getting into trouble. He was a practical joker and mischief-maker. Which eventually turned into a dangerous cruel streak as he grew into adulthood. It wasn't long before he had a criminal record. It wasn't until an accident that almost cost him his life. A tragic car accident, caused with a run -in with a chemical waste tanker, caused acid to spill over him. It was a miracle he had even survived, because all his skin was scorched away from his muscular system. And it reacted strangely with his mutant physiology, causing his powers to surface in a gruesome reflection of his accident. His identity was lost, his appearance destroyed. No one could look at him without getting sick, and in a fit of psychopathic rage and insanity, he lashed out at the hospital who was trying to save him. And he disappeared into the streets of Las Vegas. It was then Sinew was born, and Las Vegas was his playground. No one has ever seen a more gruesome villain, and psycopathic killer. Having teamed up with Bone, they make a vicious two-man team that threatens the safety of Sin City.

Builders Notes
Well here is , the other side of Bone & Sinew. This guy is gruesome to say the least, and i just love it! He often wears a hoodie and jacket, with a pair of loose pants tied about his waist. However when he decides to go into battle, he pulls off his hood. And when he really gets into it he forgoes the clothes anyway, revealing his grotesque body which is a mass of sinew and muscle mass. His mutation has replaced his bone, with more dense tissue to simulate his frame.