Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Archives

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MisterB

Mythology: The Jinn of the Middle East

Post by MisterB »

Jinn
of Islamic Myth

Jinn are supernatural creatures in a early pre-islamic Arabian and later Islamic mythology and theology. Jinn are neither innately evil nor innately good. Jinn are not strictly a islamic concept; rather they may represent several pagan believes integrated into Islam. The lines between demons and jinn are often blurred, since malevolent jinn are also called shayāṭīn. Scholars generally distinquigh thee types of supernatural creatures. . Angels, Jinn, and Demons (shayāṭīn). Jinn unlike demons can be both evil and good, while genuine demons are exclusively evil.

The Jinn were birthed from the smokless fire (or purest flame). They like humans can eat drink, have children and die, are subject to judgment. So will either be sent to heaven or hell according to their deeds.

Abilities of an Average Jinn (72pp)
Strength 6, Stamina 4, Agility 6, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages of your Average Jinn (8pp)
Evasion 2, Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Ritualist, Skill Mastery (Deception)

Skills of your Average Jinn (8pp)
Acrobatics 4, Deception 4, Persuasion 4, Stealth 4

Powers of your Average Jinn (44pp)
Being of Smokeless Fire: Visual Concealment + Insubstantial 4, Not versus Magic, Continuous Duration, Innate • 29 pp
[Alt] Morph 3: Metamorph 2 (Animals & humanoids)] • 1pp
Spirit: Immunity (Aging,) • 1pp
Feature: Extended Life Span • 1pp
Magic of the Jinn: Possession. Affliction 6 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Compelled, Controlled), Affects Corporeal 6, Concentration, Cumulative, Insidious, Instant Recovery, Subtle 2, Limited to creatures with Int -3 or higher, Limited—Cannot access target’s thoughts or memories • 27 points
[Alt] Visions. Illusions 5, All Senses, Independant, Selective, Resistable, Limited to One Subject,
Fast as the Wind: Speed 8 • 9pp
[Alt]: Swimming 8
Senses: Acute Smell, Tracking (Scent) • 3pp

(Some jinn can fly, and can read minds, limited to personal & Surface thoughts)

Drawbacks of the Jinn
Salt. Salt and Seasalt drive out the Jinn.
Boundries. Cannot pass a door or boundry, when closed and the name of Allah be spoken.
Weak against Flame. Despite what you may think, as a supernatural creature and born of fire. Means that fire can undo them. The Difficulty of toughness tests is increased by 5 points. Even strong can heat can affect them. The difficulty to resist heat effects is increased by 2.

Total Cost 132pp

Lately I have been intrigued by the subject of Jinn in Middle Eastern lore. This build took me a few days, but I'm rather proud of it. I used references from many website sources, and videos on the subject .
MisterB

Re: Mister B's M&M 3e :: Jinn of the Middle East

Post by MisterB »

Jinn (MiddleEastern)
Uncommon, Medium creature (violent disposition)
No. Encountered: 1 (1d3)
Speed: 18”/50 feet (walking , flying and swimming)
HD: 6+2 (d8)
[Hit-points: avg.: 26 ; max.: 50]
AC: 18 [8 Natural in Spirit Form; Surprised 14, Touch 18]
BtH: +6
Attacks: Normal or Weapon (1d6+4), Spells
Special: Naturally Invisible, Shape Shifter (human or animal form; While in physical form they posses an AC of what ever their size and equipment dictates), Immune to Normal Damage (only magical weapons, spells, or elemental effects can still affect them). Enhanced Sense of Smell (can track using survival with a +2 bonus)
Saves: 12 (-4 to saves against Fire Damage; +2 to Intelligence, Wisdom and Dexterity saves)
Skills: Arcane +6, Survival +6
Morale: 16 (Morale is half, against closed portals and heavy concentrations of salt)
Treasure: Individual 3d12 cp, 2d8 gp; Lair 1d8×1,000 cp (75%), 1d12×1,000 sp (60%), 1d6×1,000 gp (50%), 5d4 gems (50%), 1d6 jewellery (25%), 1 potion (15%) 1d4+1 trade goods (60%)
Advancement: +1 to +4
XP: 2050

Jinn are supernatural creatures in a early pre-islamic Arabian and later Islamic mythology and theology. Jinn are neither innately evil nor innately good. Jinn are not strictly a islamic concept; rather they may represent several pagan believes integrated into Islam. The lines between demons and jinn are often blurred, since malevolent jinn are also called shayāṭīn. Scholars generally distinquigh thee types of supernatural creatures. . Angels, Jinn, and Demons (shayāṭīn). Jinn unlike demons can be both evil and good, while genuine demons are exclusively evil.

The Jinn were birthed from the smokless fire (or purest flame). They like humans can eat drink, have children and die, are subject to judgment. So will either be sent to heaven or hell according to their deeds.

Heroes & Witchery (or any other OSR related D&D game)
MisterB

Creatures of Karmyth: Draugr

Post by MisterB »

deleted
Last edited by MisterB on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Nice stuff, B. I like the Jinns a lot. I've always struggled with their PL in both my superhero and fantasy settings. Some of them seem like PL8 types but others could be PLX.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, reading up on Jinn for my Monster in My Pocket series and D&D was interesting- I didn't realize they were a more generic term for the Middle Eastern equivalent of "Fair Folk"- odd mystical creatures of various origin and attitude.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Thanks, Thorp and Jab. :D
I get a creative streak every once in a while.
Been really on a D&D kick lately though, so been working more on my FHW stuff.
My D&D/FHW game I was GM'ing on Rolegate.Com went to crap. I just want to play damn it...
MisterB

Re: Mister B's M&M 3e :: Baptiste (overwatch)

Post by MisterB »

I've been playing overwatch recently, and have taken a liking to Baptiste. So I decided to stat him up.

Bladewind

Re: Mister B's M&M 3e :: Baptiste (Overwatch)

Post by Bladewind »

Nice format !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Sigh.
I really never started to play with Baptiste, since he arrived when I was getting into Overwatch saturation.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:12 pmNice format !
Thanks! .. I decided to use google drive to build the template. Downloaded it as a PDF, then used Giazo to take pics of the pages. lol.
Woodclaw wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:36 pm Sigh.
I really never started to play with Baptiste, since he arrived when I was getting into Overwatch saturation.
I've only recently started playing again, after maybe a 2-year break.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

My friend Ryan, did that Image you see there. I added the font and border to it. I then got inspired to turn him into a superhero. There was some randomness to it, using the Quick Roll tables in the Deluxe book. But it all ended up working out in the end quite nicely.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

That is good stuff, B. I'm sure your friend loved it. :)
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

He did. :) And thanks Thorp. Nice to hear from you.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

So.. all my old Marvel builds are now gone.. I suppose its my fault, for never trying to back up it.. But apparently the old M&M Archive no longer exists. Gives me an excuse I suppose to rebuild stuff.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Is the old ATT just down or is it gone gone? This has happened before.