Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Genocide! Olympian! Queen of Fables! Paper Man!)

Post by Ares »

It's funny how the mention of Olympian (who isn't even the Olympian Jab built for this set, LOL) sparked quite the conversation about him and the Argonauts. Well, it got into my head, so after doing a little research, I came up with a list of Argonauts who could hypothetically contribute to the Olympians powers . . . and good grief, this guy should be a powerhouse.

So, Argonauts with useful skills and/or powers:

Jason – Leader, Warrior

Hercules – Godlike strength, master archer, incredible fighter

Orpheus – Musician, Bard

Aethalides or Echion – Herald of the Argonauts, Son of Hermes. Had a perfect memory, so perfect that nothing could alter his memory. Even as a shade, who was supposed to forget his mortal life, he remembered everything.

Amphiaraus – Seer / Prophet and tactician

Asclepius – Master healer

Atalanta – Huntress, Tracker, Runner, main female heroine

Boreads, Calais and Zetes – Brothers who could fly and run “as swift as the wind”.

Caeneus / Caenis – Man who had once been a woman. Originally Caenis was granted a wish by Poseidon after he raped her, and asked to be a man so she could never be raped again. Now named Caeneus, a bonus of the wish was he was given indestructible skin.

Castor – Spartan Wrestler and Horseman, half of the Dioscuri

Erginus – Helmsman of the Argo after Tiphys died. Fast enough to beat the Boreads in a foot race.

Euphemhs – The Swimmer, able to walk on water or move through water freely. Son of Poseidon

Idas – Brother of Lynceus, had a winged chariot as a gift from his father Poseidon, and could wrestle Apollo evenly

Iolaus – Nephew of Hercules, great at teamwork

Lynceus – Brother of Idas, the ships Look Out, possessed incredible vision, allowing him to see far away, through objects X-Ray vision style, see in the dark, etc.

Meleager – Hunter, Warrior, cursed to die when a certain piece of wood was consumed by fire.

Mopsus – Seer, could speak to birds

Nauplius – Navigator, Inventor of Seafaring, Son of Poseidon

Periclymenus – Shapeshifting grandson of Poseidon

Poeas / Philoctetes – Greatest archer of the group, inherited Hercules’ bow

Pollux – Spartan Boxer, other half of the Dioscuri, Immortal

Theseus – Monster Slayer

And some Noteworthy Argonauts who wouldn't really contribute to the Olympian's powers

Ancaeus – Wore bear skins, carried a double bladed axe into battle

Argus – Craftsman, builder of the Argo

Butes – A famous bee keeper

Eribotes – Back up healer

Hylas – Squire to Hercules, it’s his disappearance that drives Hercules from the group

Idmon – Another seer.

Laertes – Father of Odysseus

Nestor – Golden shield, able to give solid and wise advice, but only after spending some time boasting about his own abilities, usually telling of how one of his own adventures relates to the current one.

Peleus – Father of Achilles

Pirithous – Idiot that thought kidnapping Persephone would be a good idea, bound in the underworld for all time.

Tiphys – Original helmsman of the Argo, master pilot and navigator

So based on that, someone with the "powers" of the Argonauts would have:

- Great skill at armed and unarmed combat, both with melee and ranged weapons.
- Great skill at slaying monsters
- Great skill at hunting, tracking and general outdoorsmanship
- Great skill at leadership, tactics and teamwork
- Great skill at navigation, piloting, crafting and seafaring
- Great skill at music, oratory and performance skills
- Great personal charisma
- Superhuman strength
- Invulnerability
- Superhuman Speed
- Flight
- Enhanced Vision (telescopic, x-ray, nightvision, etc.)
- Healing powers
- Shapeshifting
- Future Seeing/Prophecy
- Animal Communication (at least birds, maybe more)
- Water Walking / Swimming / Underwater breathing (?)
- Music/Song-based magical abilities

And if we count Medea, then we can add full on Spellcasting to the list.

Good GRIEF but that'd be a beast of a hero.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:01 pm Did I miss your Hercules/Herakles/Harold Campion build?
I posted him with the Olympians. I don’t know what Harold Champion is.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:27 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:01 pm Did I miss your Hercules/Herakles/Harold Campion build?
Harold Champion was an identity DC's Hercules assumed at one point. Initially it was to try and manipulate Wonder Woman to get back at her mom, but over time Herc came to really care for Diana, and tried to be a better person for her. But Hercules tends to get used as the villain in Diana's stories, so he was rebuffed, and the next time he showed up he was a jerk again.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Caeneus / Caenis – Man who had once been a woman. Originally Caenis was granted a wish by Poseidon after he raped her, and asked to be a man so she could never be raped again. Now named Caeneus, a bonus of the wish was he was given indestructible skin.

Euphemhs – The Swimmer, able to walk on water or move through water freely. Son of Poseidon

Nauplius – Navigator, Inventor of Seafaring, Son of Poseidon

Periclymenus – Shapeshifting grandson of Poseidon

Awkard.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

But on the subject, I would love to eventually see builds based upon the Hades video game.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
FuzzyBoots

Re: The Queen of Fables

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:34 am THE QUEEN OF FABLES
While not to everyone's tastes, I enjoyed her run in the Harley Quinn cartoon where she used her ability to summon fairy tale monsters in very bloody ways. Apparently, summoning the wolves from a fairy tale is an effective way to deal with an inconvenient family reunion...
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

So, no Crimson Centipede? Or Amoeba Man?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Y'know, just changing some of their names would probably improve them, forget revising their backgrounds.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

greycrusader wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:35 pm So, no Crimson Centipede? Or Amoeba Man?
Never heard of them.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:21 pm
greycrusader wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:35 pm So, no Crimson Centipede? Or Amoeba Man?
Never heard of them.
I'd never heard of them either. Looking up the Crimson Centipede, seems he's another ridiculous Silver Age one-off villain. A guy empowered by Ares/Mars and sent against Wonder Woman, he does this by..robbing banks? (though the comic points out that as a champion of a god, has no need for money himself so he just gives it away to other criminals) He puts up a decent fight against Wonder Woman and even manages to get away at first, but is beaten and never appears again..until DC Rebirth for some reason in which a version of him appears as an actual centipede monster or something.

He also looks completely ridiculous:
Davies

Post by Davies »

I can only assume that this is a diss on Spidey, like Mouse-Man was a diss on Ant-Man and the Living Firework a diss on the Torch.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Holy Cow, that's a LOT of ammo going down range! :shock:
That all being said, how can he possibly afford all those shoes?.... :lol:
Shock

Post by Shock »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:57 pm
That all being said, how can he possibly afford all those shoes?.... :lol:
Why do you think he was robbing banks?
Jabroniville

Ka-Zar (Golden Age)

Post by Jabroniville »

KA-ZAR I (David Rand)
Created By:
Bob Byrd
First Appearance: Ka-Zar #1 (Oct. 1936)
Role: Tarzan Rip-Off
Group Affiliations: None
PL 8 (105)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 9 (+12)
Expertise (Survival) 8 (+10)
Expertise (Animal Handling) 10 (+11)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 6 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Equipment 1 (Spear), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown, Tracking, Ultimate Survival Skill

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Spear +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Guardian of the Jungle)
Relationship (Zar the Lion)- The two are basically brothers.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 14 (105)

ZAR
Role:
Animal Sidekick
PL 8 (92)- Minion Rank 7, Sidekick Rank 19
Normal Version:
PL 6-7
STRENGTH 6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+5)
Athletics 2 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 12 (+10 Size)
Perception 8 (+9)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 3, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Prone Fighting, Ultimate Intimidation Check

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Extended & Ultra-Hearing) [5]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
"Natural Weapons- Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Cat Agility" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Lion's Mane" Features 2: +4 to Resist Choking Grapples or Neck-Bites [2]
"Natural Size" Growth 1 (Str & Sta +1, +1 Mass, +0 Intimidation, -0 Dodge/Parry, -1 Stealth) -- (8 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Claws & Teeth +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +7, Fortitude +9, Will +8

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Cats cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Enemy (Hyenas, Other Predators)- Lions & Hyenas have a dark relationship with each other, frequently killing each others' infants, and stealing kills. Lions will also attack and kill other predators like Leopards and Cheetahs on sight.
Rivalry (Other Males)- Being King is nice, but every single other dude in the proximity wants to nail you girlfriends, and will fight you to do it. It's a constant struggle to keep your own genes going, and most males only rule for 2-3 years.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 14 (92)

-Yes, there was actually ANOTHER Ka-Zar before the one who's currently seen in comics. Both pretty much have the same basic concept- Tarzan rip-offs. The original Ka-Zar is in fact a pulp serialized character who debuted in 1936, as a GIGANTIC rip-off of Tarzan. He was the son of a pair of unfortunate travellers who died in the jungle, and learned to be strong from the animals. His appearances run for the duration of the late 1930s to 1942, and Timely Comics' Marvel Comics #1 features a serialized version of his pulp adventures.

-The popularity of Burroughs's Tarzan inspired about a thousand rip-offs, and one of them came from Martin Goodman's Timely Comics (predecessor to Marvel). This fellow, named Ka-Zar, inspired a character of the same name (and general concept) much later, and was a Jungle Action Hero with a pretty familiar origin- he was lost in the jungle along with his family. However, this one is the son of an American- John Rand's plane crash-landed in the jungle, and his wife soon died of an illness while lost in the jungle. John went insane and began to live in a delusional world, while David was mostly left to raise himself in the wild, while a lion named Zar watched over him after the boy saved him from quicksand.

-The natives in the area work for a greedy, vicious fat guy named Paul de Kraft, who is after emeralds (yes, "Blood Diamonds" were a known phenomenon even then). David finally discovers his father mortally wounded by Kraft- Kraft turns on him, too, but Zar appears and rescues David by chasing the criminal off. David rechristens himself "Ka-Zar" ("Brother of Zar"), and goes off with Zar. He becomes the jungle's greatest warrior, defeating threats like Bardak the Ape and N'Jaga the Leopard. Kraft eventually returns for the emeralds, and Ka-Zar kills him, avenging his father. He eventually helps out numerous caucasians who arrive in the jungle for various purposes (Scotland Yard detectives, archaeologists, explorers, etc.), befriends an Elephant named Trajah, and more. He stowed away to the United States at one point in order to free Zar from cruel big game hunters and was arrested for trying to rescue zoo animals, but a woman he'd saved earlier vouched for him. Ultimately, they end up fighting Axis forces in Africa, and Ka-Zar donates his father's ancestral diamond mines in the Transvaal to the English war effort.

-There were only three Ka-Zar magazines, each one containing a lead story featuring the hero, but he continued on elsewhere. The last Ka-Zar stories appear in the 1940s- the character did not live on, and it's entirely likely that his stories are non-canon (it'd be a bit hard to explain TWO long-lost Englishmen named "Ka-Zar" who were raised in Jungles and had big cats for companions).

-Ka-Zar is basically Tarzan in every way- he speaks in rudimentary English, has an animal companion, and often fights either evil foreigners or rival Jungle Animals.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:27 pm
Hmm. I missed a whole page of posts. Thanks for setting me back on track.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.