Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Hydra

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:27 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 pm -The Hydra is among the most famous of all Grecian monsters- the monstrous dragon that proved nearly unkillable, for every time a head was sliced off, two more would replace it. Its reputation is mostly from its great appearance and this one trick, as it's largely a small part of mythology- it was merely the second of Heracles's Twelve Labors, killed when the hero's clever second, Iolas, burn the stumps where the heads had been severed, cauterizing the wounds and preventing new heads from sprouting forth. The final, immortal head, was sliced off and placed under a massive boulder, and he dipped his arrows in the creature's poisonous blood, which would play into later stories, where these arrows slew the Stymphalian Birds, the giant Geryon, and the centaur Nessus- whose poisoned hide would later kill Heracles himself, ending his mortal life.
It's kind of interesting how the community of the mythology fans actually disagree on how the Hydra was killed. According to some versions of the myth, while Herakles kept chopping the heads off, Iolas actually set fire to the tails of the monster, because while the Hydra and a metric crapton of head, it only had one heart and when the fire reached it the monster died... of course this would make dipping the arrows into the blood a tad more difficult.
Yeah, I think every Greek Myth ever has something like four or five different versions. I can't remember if you were here for the "Marvel's Pantheons" set I did, but I mentioned how old storytellers had the WORST CONTINUITY EVER- like every town in Greece heard the tale orally, and nobody wrote anything down, so you ended up with every possible variation as storytellers added stuff.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Nuckelavee! Werewolf! Windigo! Tarasque! Siren!)

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:31 am
Ares wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:59 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:37 am Ok, I have a question of dire importance to this thread:

When I post Fatal Fury and KoF builds... should I stat the Korea Teams when I get to Kim in the FF set, or wait until I start KoF builds properly?
I'd say wait to include them in KoF builds, keeping the characters clustered/organized according to their game appearances.
Agreed.
Hooray! That was my initial plan! So now I don't have to go back over my notes and scrap my planned posting order :).

It's really weird how a random guy in Fatal Fury ended up with so much of the story revolving around just him- Mai, Yuri, King, and even TERRY manage to barely have any effect on the plot aside from "they're here again", and here's Kim, Jae Hoon, Choi & Chang, and now extra partners for him AND his ex-con former teammates.

And I think it's all because they're popular in Korea :).
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Werewolf! Siren! Hydra! Jabberwock!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Also- OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaHBg8E1o00

Cassandra BETRAYS Rapunzel at the end of the last season, and now gives her full reasons- discovering the secret of her parentage (well, half of it), and that she was forgotten for Rapunzel YET AGAIN, she loses patience with always "Waiting In The Wings" (SONG CALLBACK!) and becomes our new Big Bad. With blue hair and supreme magical power- the Moonstone countering Rapunzel's Sundrop power.

Also it goes from "Rock Opera" to Let It Go (Reprise) in the middle of the song. Really captures that Elphaba/Elsa thing of "Here's where I let all my old shit go and become MYSELF!", while having a much more villainous edge to it (given all the betrayal).
Jabroniville

Charun

Post by Jabroniville »

97) CHARUN (aka Sledge Hammer)
Origin:
God (Ancient Etruscan)
Role: Guardian of the Underworld
PL 10 (139)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (God) 7 (+10)
Expertise (History) 2 (+5)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 5 (+8)

Advantages:
Benefit (Status- God), Diehard, Equipment (Giant Hammer +2), Great Endurance, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Immortal God"
Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrowth) [3]
Immunity 9 (Aging, Drowning, Suffocation, Starvation & Thirst, Heat, Cold, Pressure, Poison, Disease) [9]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Hammer +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Egyptian Pantheon)

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 12 (139)

-Charun is an Etrsucan God, and believed to be imported from Greek Mythology's Charon. However, he is depicted as a guardian of the underworld, wielding a hammer and possessing pointed ears, snakes around his arms, and blue skin to symbolize the decay of death. Sometimes he also has wings, the tusks of a boar, and any number of other things. Being so ancient, and from a largely-forgotten culture, not much is known of him- he could be ferocious, violent, or protective.

-The MIMP figure has few details I can make out, as both images are of yellow and light green, both of which photograph horribly- he seems to have tusks and wears little clothing, while sporting his trademark massive hammer, as well as the wings of a bat.

-For stats, I largely kept my Anubis build and modified it into being a winged bad-ass with a powerful weapon.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Werewolf! Siren! Hydra! Jabberwock!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

I always thought his look and name were really cool

'Charun'
Jabroniville

The Jersey Devil

Post by Jabroniville »

115) JERSEY DEVIL
Origin:
Cryptid (Pine Barrens, New Jersey)
Role: Freakshow Cryptid, Weird Folklore
PL 7 (93)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+9)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 12 (+10)
Perception 5 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Bird Corpses) 4 (+8)
Stealth 9 (+11)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Unarmed), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute, Extended & Accurate Scent) [5]
Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]
Immunity (Aging) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 14 (93)

-Sporting the greatest, most hilarious "WTF?" signature image ever, the Jersey Devil is part of the folklore of the Eastern United States, hailing from the Pine Barrens of New Jersey- a legendary desolate forested region that is precisely where you can imagine something like this came from. The tale I've heard is that Mother Leeds, a woman in the 1700s, during the birthing process of her 13th child, said "twelve children is enough! Let the Devil have this one!", and with that, out slipped a demonic, horselike creature which sprouted batlike wings, flew about the cabin, and disappeared into the Barrens, which it continued to haunt for years. The creature was known as the Leeds Devil until 1909 (possibly due to political intrique and intracommunity squabbling regarding the Leeds family, who were seen as monarchists, and notably had a wyvern on their family crest, which resembles the Devil superficially), when it became known in the greater United States.

-The creature's reputation matched that of the Barrens themselves, as Wikipedia puts it "During the 1700s and 1800s, residents of the isolated Pine Barrens were deemed the dregs or outcasts of society: poor farmers, fugitives, brigands, Native Americans, poachers, moonshiners, runaway slaves, and deserting soldiers. So-called pineys have sometimes fostered certain frightening stories about themselves and the Pine Barrens to discourage outsiders or intruders from entering the Barrens. Pineys were further demonized and vilified after two eugenics studies during the early 20th century, which depicted pineys as congenital idiots and criminals, as seen in the research performed on The Kallikak Family by Henry H. Goddard, which is now considered biased or inaccurate and, most likely, falsified."

-Me, I've never been able to take it seriously ever since I saw that incredible picture someone drew, of this spindly horse with a goofy-ass grinning face. There exists almost zero credible anything for the existence of this creature, which is explained as wholly supernatural, putting it in a different "tier" than other cryptids (which are usually treated as undiscovered species, not ageless, immortal monsters).

-The MIMP figure is unfortunately pretty weak, being a legless serpentoid thing with bat wings and a horse's head. Though it'd be hard to make the spindly thing look like a worthwhile toy.

-For stats, I made it a pretty weak PL 7 creature.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Catarenha

Post by Jabroniville »

85) CATARENHA
Origin:
Nobody Knows!
Role: No Idea!

-The greatest mystery in the MIMP line is the existence of this creature, known only from the artwork and its name. A Google search of "Catarenha" simply leads to its MIMP Wikia page and a question on the Little Rubber Guys forum asking "What IS Catarenha?". Is it a Sphinx? A Gypsy woman with a lion's or dog’s body? It has an ugly woman's head covered in a purple cap, and is said to care for the treasure stolen by pirates.
Jabroniville

Dragon

Post by Jabroniville »

49) DRAGON
Origin:
Much of Human History (Especially Europe & Mesopotamia)
Role: Elite Monster, The Big Bad
PL 10 (220), PL 11 (220) Defenses
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 5 (+9)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+10)
Expertise (History) 5 (+9)
Expertise (Dragon) 8 (+12)
Insight 6 (+9)
Intimidation 5 (+9, +13 Size)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 9 (+12)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Breath Weapon) 2 (+8)
Stealth 10 (+2 Size)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 3 (Status- Adult Dragon), Daze (Intimidation), Fascinate (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons), Improved Critical (Draconic Weapon), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages 2 (Many), Last Stand, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Takedown 2, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Draconic Senses" Senses 9 (Low-Light & Extended Vision, Acute, Extended & Accurate Scent, Magical Awareness- Ranged, Extended Hearing) [9]
"Detect Dragons" Senses 5 (Detect Dragons- Ranged, Acute & Analytical) [5]
"Draconic Healing" Regeneration 4 (Feats: Regrowth, Diehard) [6]
"Ageless" Immunity 3 (Aging, Poison, Disease) [3]

"Dragon's Wings" Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (6) -- [7]
AE: "Dragon's Legs" Speed 4 (60 mph) (4)

"Dragon's Tail"
Extra Limb 1 [1]
Enhanced Advantages: Improved Trip [1]

"Draconic Size" Growth 8 (Str & Sta +8, +8 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -4 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth) -- (24 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [17]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]

"Draconic Attacks"
"Fire Breath" Blast 10 (20) -- [23]
  • AE: "Tail Swipe" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (10)
  • AE: "Body Slam" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Limited to Movement Path) (5)
  • AE: "Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Penetrating 4) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 27)
Natural Weapons +8 (+12 Damage, DC 29)
Area Attacks +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Fire Breath +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +10

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 33 / Powers: 81 / Defenses: 22 (220)

-Dragons have been with us for millennia- often used as a form of ultimate monster. Serpents as a whole are often villainized in fiction and mythology everywhere but India, and in Europe especially these monstrous versions were taken to be the ultimate threat for noble heroes, fighting brave knights. Ancient myths including giant serpents include the Bible's Leviathan, Apep in Egyptian mythology, Jormungandr in Norse myth, and countless Greek characters, like the Hydra, Ladon, Wyvern, and Python. The Goddess Tiamat of the Ancient Near East may also have been dragon-like. Among the more famous Dragon Stories include the time St. George killed one (this appears numerous times in art), and the Olde English story Beowulf featured the hero slaying one in his first mission. One of the most iconic modern versions has been Smaug from The Lord of the Rings, where the titanic beast was given intelligence beyond that of humans, creating a new form of Dragon story- most before that were simple beasts, with no speaking ability.

-Belief in dragons is believed to have stemmed from the sight of venomous serpents and large crocodilians. The term "Dracon" and "Draco" are Greek & Latin, respectively, for "Giant Serpent; Sea Fish". Anthropologist Dave E. Jones suggests that the myth of dragons could stem from an inherited, instinctive fear of reptiles that our ape-like ancestors had, noting that fear of big cats and birds of prey could stem from the same. Others argue that people finding dinosaur bones could have easily led to dinosaur myths- finding the gigantic, serrated teeth of carnosaurs is not rare today, and certainly would have been known to early peoples- trying to describe the T-Rex without modern knowledge would be impossible without complete skeletons and modern science, so what ELSE are people going to imagine these huge teeth to be from?

-In Asia, Dragons were typically seen to be benevolent, intelligent creatures associated with water, being more serpentine in general. Only the Emperor was allowed to be associated with dragons in old China, and today, "Dragon Bones" (dinosaur fossils) are used in traditional medicine. The Vietnamese people were supposedly borne from a Dragon and a Fairy in one of their creation myths, too.

-The MIMP Dragon is pretty good, but is a tad simple, being a bipedal monster with spikes on its neck and short, muscular arms in fists.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Hydra! Jabberwock! The Jersey Devil! Dragon!)

Post by Jabroniville »

And with the posting of the Dragon, I come to the end of the released Monster In My Pocket figures! However, as indicated by Jabalius & Catarenha being posted about already, I'll be handling the fifteen unreleased figures, known only from Mexican card art and descriptions. No figures have ever materialized, despite the creatures being given actual official numbers (the MIMP line continues on with the colored figures as if the unreleased figs had actually come out).

So now I figured I'd mention some of the interesting things I've noted. There are some EXCEPTIONALLY deep cuts in here- obscure animals even I've never heard of, and I'm a mythology/cryptid nut. Things I've never heard of include Alu, Ankou, Hairy Boggart, Sciapod, Blemmyea, Fachen, Drude, The Mad Gasser, Charun, Herne the Hunter (probably more well-known if you live in the UK), Nuckelavee, Bloody Bones, Undine, Orobas, Amphisbaena, Jimmy Squarefoot, and Thunderdell.

That said, there are some rather famous monsters never released as figures. Even more if you include ALL the various Gods out there (though they seem to have gone mostly with inhuman-looking ones). They could have made Ra, Set, Janus, The Furies, Typhon, Scylla, Jormungandr, Fenrir, Fafnir, Sleipnir, and others for Mythological figures. Japanese folklore features the Oni (well-known-ish) and the Kappa. There's the Lammassu figures of Assyria, Mothman of the mid-20th century America, and the Skunk Ape of Florida. You could even make an Asian Dragon figure, a Wyvern, or the Oroborous. Never mind all the other Lake Monsters out there- Canada's Ogopogo & Champ, Scotland's Morag, and more.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

oh snap! Some guy actually does a "List of Moves" for some early KoF fighters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyNOJFn34BA

This'll make going through the old builds and making sure they match up to my new stat philosophy MUCH easier :).
Jabroniville

Talus

Post by Jabroniville »

95) TALUS
Origin:
Mythological Being (Ancient Greece)
Role: Automoton, Protector of Crete
PL 9 (82)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+11)
Perception 10 (+10)
Ranged Combat (Boulders) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Boulders), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Bronze Giant"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 9 (Extras: Impervious) [18]
Growth 3 (Str & Toughness +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +9 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Weakness (Bronze Nail in Heel)- A single nail holds in the ichor that keeps Talus alive- removing it will kill him, as the molten metal leaks out.

Total: Abilities: 4 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 55 / Defenses: 9 (82)

-Talos/Talus was a honest-to-God GIANT AUTOMOTON, created in Crete to defend it against pirates and other invaders. Said to circle the island three times daily, it was possibly made by Hephaestus under orders from Zeus. Curiously, outside of Crete, Talos is always depicted as being defeated as a form of great tragedy. In Jason and the Argonauts, Talos kept the Argo at bay by throwing boulders at it- the sorceress Medea had the men remove the single bronze nail holding the "vein" of molten metal in, and the "ichor ran out of him like molten lead".

-Talus is a PL 9 giant who throws boulders and is remarkably tough (+5 Impervious Toughness is enough to stop almost any man-made weapon in the Bronze Age). Even the MIMP bio mentions the vein, but acts as if it's a literal vein that can be cut.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Nice. I always liked Talos in Jason and the Argonauts.

My own head canon has that island being the same as the island of Colossa in Seventh Voyage of Sinbad and also the island at the end of the 1998 movie Deep Rising, as they're all in the same general location (the Indian Ocean). I mean hey, in Argonauts they were sailing to the ends of the earth right?

And I just like the idea of a monster island that isn't really Monster Island from Godzilla you know? I think it could make a decent campaign, heading to that island and finding all kinds of Harryhausen-esque monsters wandering around.
Jabroniville

Ankou

Post by Jabroniville »

83) ANKOU
Origin:
Ghost Story
Role: Protective Spirit, Psychopomp to the Afterlife

-The would-be MIMP figure was to be a spirit that guarded cemeteries, after having been buried alive. They carry dimly-lit lanterns. However, the original Ankou is a henchman of Death in Cornish mythology- it watches graveyards for an unkonwn reason, and collects the dead from his region. The last dead of the year, in each parish, becomes the Ankou for the following year. Sometimes, the Ankou resembles Death himself (complete with scythe), and at other times moves about in a black coach pulled by black horses. In one story, three men threw stones at an Ankou and damaged the coach- two ran, but a third felt pity and helped the Ankou fix the coach. He was lucky- he only had his hair turn white; the other two men were dead the next morning.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Troll

Post by Jabroniville »

96) TROLL
Origin:
Mythology (Norse Myth)
Role: Evil Humanoid
PL 6 (73)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+9)
Deception 8 (+10)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment (Club), Improved Critical (Club), Startle

Powers:
Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute, Extended & Accurate Scent) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Axe +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Weakness (Sunlight)- Trolls will turn to stone or explode on contact with sunlight.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 11 (73)

-Related to the earlier Jotun Troll, this guy is a more "Generic Ugly Humanoid". In Norse Mythology, Trolls are strange creatures who inhabit the wilderness, and are anywhere from mischievous to outright evil. Some may be grotesque, while others could look absolutely human, but they're nearly always going to give you a negative experience. Some are said to be transformed to stone by the sun, which is the Norse explanation for many odd rock formations in their homeland! The red hat in the art implies a like to the Redcap. Ultimately, I went with a PL 6 fighter.
Jabroniville

Achelous

Post by Jabroniville »

Image Image

Achelous was known to take bull form in Greek art. Because reasons.

82) ACHELOUS (aka "Eel Man")
Origin:
God (Ancient Greece)
Role: River God, Source of All Rivers
PL 7 (126)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (History) 6 (+10)
Insight 3 (+6)
Perception 1 (+4)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Immortal"
Immunity 7 (Aging, Poison, Disease, Hot, Cold, Pressure, Vacuum) [7]
Regeneration 4 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [5]

"Natural Size" Growth 2 (+2 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -0 Fighting/Dodge, -2 Stealth, Reach 1) -- (10 feet) (Flaws: Limited to Non-ST & STA Growths) [4]

"Aquatic Beings"
Immunity 1 (Drowning) [1]
Swimming 6 [6]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
Insubstantial 2 [10]
Concealment 4 (Vision) (Flaws: Limited to Within Water) [4]
Morph (Merman or Water Form) (Feats: Metamorph) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Native River)- If the River dies, so to does the spirit inhabiting it.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 8 (126)

-As every river had its own God in Greek Mythology, there were HUNDREDS of potential River Gods, but most people don't write about them. Few appear overly much in stories, but there's Achelus, who is sometimes the God of ALL Rivers, said to be the source of the others. He was defeated by Hercules for the hand of the nymph Daienara, and had so many rivers named after him that it's suspected he was either given as the patron of numerous towns, or was meant to be an all-encompassing River God. River Gods are typically bulls with human faces, or horned males with fish tails. His face was used as a marker for mercenaries for centuries.

-The MIMP figure was said to also be named "Eel Man", and was more of a generic monster, said to be like the Merrow. He had a spike on his head, which was used to pierce the bottoms of boats.