Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab’s Builds! (The Rat King! Baxter Stockman! Leatherhead!)

Post by Batgirl III »

It's hard to say with any real definite knowledge. These groups are always kind of more like amorphous associations of like-minded criminals and deliberately try to keep things secretive... It's not like they're going to file their articles of incorporation with the government, y'know?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Hey Jab, since Phineas and Ferb has been mentioned a few times on these boards would you ever build characters from the show? I think I vaguely remember you saying it was a show you didn't like or had no interest in, in that correct?
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Fugitoid (Overview)

Post by Jabroniville »

FUGITOID:
-Fugitoid is a relatively-omnipresent character in the TMNT fiction, which makes it all the weirder that he does NOT appear in the 1987 cartoon series at all! In 2003 & 2013's cartoons? Yup, he's there- making the show actively worse by going on space adventures that last for an eternity! He's a MIRAGE ORIGINAL, too- but unlike Leatherhead & The Rat King, he wasn't in the '80s show. I don't find him a terribly interesting-looking character, though- most '80s Robots had a SEMBLANCE of cool to them, but this guy? He's just a harmless-looking goofball robot- like a less-threatening C-3PO.

Fugitoid, to me, is also the "Canary in the Coal Mine" of the franchise- as soon as they start hanging out with a Space Robot and do Space Stuff... I'm done. Every time I find the Turtles flying off into space it's like you can just tell the writers have run out of shit to do, because the whole season turns into this. It's like this big sybmol of "Well, we ran out of things to do on Earth", as if an ENTIRE PLANET isn't a big enough setting for you. Like, yeah, versatility in storytelling is great, and superheroes go into space all the time, but like... entire ARCS of it? This is mainly PTSD from trying to get into the 2003 series and finding them stuck the f*ck on Triceratons world for what felt like 9,000 episodes (note: probably a bit fewer than that- looks like 5 episodes and then about 8 more later on).

In any case, Fugitoid is an old creation- he actually pre-dates the TMNT by a month or so, appearing in an anthology book. He was initially just "Professor Honeycutt", a scientist working for The Federation. His teleporter device was going to be used by a Federation general as a weapon, and right then, Honeycutt's mind was transferred into his android "SAL" by accident. And so he went on the run, met the Turtles, and allied with the Utrom aliens.

His 2003 Toon appearance is more or less the same as the Mirage one, with the same origin. He and the Turtles run from Triceratons for a while. He also showed up in the Nick Toon for what appears to be an arc that's just as long, and someone posted every single thing he ever did on the Turtles Wiki, so I'm not gonna bother, lol.

In the IDW Comics, he is a Neutrino scientist, working for the Utrom Warlord Krang. He joined the resistance against Krang, sacrificing his human life by entering the SAL and saving his family from a fire. Tragically, they were still killed, and he allied with Shredder, since he knew Shredder also hated Krang. In the end, he teamed with the Turtles and helped the resistance further.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu May 06, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Fugitoid

Post by Jabroniville »

While tinkering with an unstable mental device, the infamous Dr. Honeycutt transferred his brain into his android servant - making him the world's first and most sought after servo-scientist. Now a hunted hybrid humanoid, Honeycutt's on the run. Officially classified as a Fugitoid, he bumped into the Turtles while trying to squeeze through a transdimensional portal and returned with them to earth.

Loyal to the end, Fugitoid assists the Turtles in developing new devices. He's particularly fond of Donatello's ingenuity. Fugitoid is skilled in many languages - from conversational cockroach to Mongolian mumble - but he's best used as a super-scout for the Turtles. Armed with his grappling claw and skeletal servo-scanner, Fugitoid can get himself into unusual places. He's an endless source of data, details and other dehumanized delights. Fugitoid. A good guy to run around with.

FUGITOID (Dr. Zayton Honeycutt)
Role:
Cyborg Ally
Played By: N/A
Group Affiliations: N/A
PL 8 (120)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA -- AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Bodacious Skills:
Expertise (Science) 10 (+18)
Insight 1 (+3)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 10 (+18)

Gnarly Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Arsenal), Inventor, Ranged Attack 4

Radical Equipment:
"Metal-Melting Machine Gun" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)
"Electro-Stun Stick" Affliction 6 (Strength; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (6)
"Grappling Claw" Improved Disarm & Trip (2)
"Skeletal Scanner" Senses 5 (Infravision, Vision Penetrates Concealment) (5)

Tubular Powers:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 7 [7]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Machine Gun +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Stun Stick +6 (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude --, Will +6

Bummer Complications:
Weakness (Magnetics & Electrical Attacks)- Fugitoid is mostly a machine, and thus more vulnerable to certain things.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 37 / Defenses: 12 (120)

-So despite not appearing once in the 1987 Cartoon, in 1990, Fugitoid received his own action figure, which is where *I* mostly remember him: See, one day I received a random phone call from my friend, Robbie. "Are you coming?!" he says, with an annoyed laugh in his voice. "Huh?", I naturally replied to his odd point. Turns out, it was his BIRTHDAY PARTY, and I wasn't there, having completely forgotten about it! So my mom had to up and drive me to Robbie's house (looking back, I realize why my mom didn't care for him- he was pretty white trash. EASILY the only friend I had who was allowed to stay at home by himself in Grade 3 or 4), where I sheepishly promised to get him a present later. Hence: Fugitoid. Though a bit poorer than the rest of us, Robbie had a pretty cool assortment of toys (and was easily the most comics-knowledgeable person I knew- when he taunted me "Grant, you don't know ANYTHING about comics!", I perhaps over-corrected, as you can see with this thread :)), and this was one of the few Turtles figures I knew he didn't have.

-The 1990 toy releaes is actually quite good, looking distinct with a black and gold body. All other versions of the character have been silver, making him look much plainer. Though the big round head and friendly features make him look as harmless as C-3PO.

-Fugitoid is a super-genius scientist in a Robotic Body, so he has some toughness to him (enough to make him PL 7.5 defensively; otherwise he borders on PL 6-7). He's got a good set of Equipment on him, largely thanks to his toy- the other versions in other media are less powerful.
Arkrite

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Baxter Stockman! Leatherhead! Fugitoid!

Post by Arkrite »

I usually find that at the point the "Fugitoid" is brought into the series is about the point where I lose interest in the show I'm watching.
That and the triceradons.
I'm sure that some people must love that stuff, but for me it's just moved too far away from the subjects I was interested in.
Jabroniville

Metalhead

Post by Jabroniville »

Designed as Krang's ultimate weapon against the Turtles, Metalhead was re-programmed by Donatello to serve the side of good. The chrome-plated sewer servant's eyes light up when you hold him up to the light. Always the life of the party, Metalhead can whip up a whipped cream and jelly bean pizza, serve sodas, display video games or rock the sewer with tunes from his jazzed-up juke box. When trouble's brewing, Metalhead becomes one annoyed android and dishes out trouble with his Robo-chuks and Foot Blaster to all who dare mess with his Turtle masters.

METALHEAD
Role:
Robot Version
Played By: Barry Gordon, Townsend Coleman, Rob Paulsen & Cam Clarke
Group Affiliations: N/A
PL 10 (134)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE --

Bodacious Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Perception 8 (+7)

Gnarly Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Critical (Gun), Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9

Tubular Powers:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 10 [10]
Elongation 2 (Flaws: Limited to Limbs) [1]

"Half-Shell" Enhanced Dodge & Parry 1 [2]

"Giant Lassos" Snare 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (31) -- [34]
  • AE: "Drill" Burrowing 10 (10)
  • AE: "Giant Gun in Chest" Blast 9 (18)
  • AE: "Tiny Exploding Balls" Damage 8 (Feats: Reach 3) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (19)
Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Giant Gun +11 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Tiny Balls +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Snare +8 Area (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10, Fortitude --, Will --

Bummer Complications:
Weakness (Magnetics & Electrical Attacks)- Metalhead is a machine, and thus more vulnerable to certain things. And never mind the fact that he can be repogrammed in like two seconds by a guy using a RADIO COMMUNICATOR.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 77 / Defenses: 5 (134)

-Metalhead is that ever-present thing in Merch-Based Shows: The Robotic Version. This show actually did this MORE, with the creations of "Super Rocksteady" and "Mighty Bebop". Metalhead was built by Krang to be the Final Answer to their "Turtle Problem", as he's damn-near invincible. Of course... the second he beats the Turtles, Donatello merely pushes some random buttons on his Turtle-Comm, and the robot IMMEDIATELY switches sides and becomes the Turtles' ally! Unfortunately, he goes a little nuts with his programming, and is turned into the Turtles' servant. We literally only see him ONE OTHER TIME, helping clean up their lair. His first appearance being in 1989, they had a TON of time to use him, but nope- seven years and all he got was a cameo. More toys to sell, ya know!

-Metalhead gets a HUGE "Buy This Toy" push in his debut, despite how easily the Turtles reprogram him. He's stronger than Bebop & Rocksteady, has a ton of weapons on him, and can effectively take on all four Turtles and win. Overall, he's PL 10 unarmed and with his gun and Parry- a level way above the PL 8 boys in green.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Baxter Stockman! Leatherhead! Fugitoid!

Post by KorokoMystia »

It's weird how there are two completely different characters, one named Metal Head (a superhero from the Mirage comic and 2003 series), and this Metalhead (who also had an incarnation in the 2012 toon), with similar names (guess the space or lack of is all-important, much like Spider-Man's hyphen)
Jabroniville

Muckman

Post by Jabroniville »

Mutated with muck and transformed with trash, this fuming, former sewer worker oozes mysteriously through the city’s sewer system, searching for morsels of muck, sludge and slime.

The grungy garbage man tolerates the sewer-dwelling Turtles because they respect the dignity of the dark and the sanctity of the sewer. And the Turtles think Muckman’s cool because he looks like a pepperoni pizza.

Though Muckman stinks like a landfill, it doesn’t bother him. Don’t be fooled by the clothespin on his nose – that’s not to keep the smell out, that’s to keep the garbage in! But what does Muckman have besides a nose clogged with gunk? He’s got Joe Eyeball! The amazing three-eyeballed no-nosed parasitic pal who decomposes his way through sewer pipes and can see through the thickest sewer stench.

And be sure to keep his extra helping of Retromutagen Ooze (not included) handy, ’cause Muckman likes to keep his flesh fresh.

MUCKMAN (Garson Grunge)
Role:
Gross Hero
Played By: Townsend Coleman
Group Affiliations: None
PL 8 (93)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Bodacious Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (Garbageman) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 2 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Muck Gun) 2 (+8)

Gnarly Advantages:
Equipment 5 (Muck Gun), Ranged Attack 4, Sidekick 9 (Joe Eyeball), Startle

Radical Equipment:
"Muck Gun" Affliction 8 (Dodge/Strength; Dazed, Impaired & Vulnerable/Stunned, Defenseless & Prone) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Extra Condition +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (24)

Tubular Powers:
"Smelly Mutant"
Immunity 2 (Scent-Based Afflictions) [2]
"Slippery" Immunity 6 (Grab-Based Effects, Poison) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [3]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Muck Gun +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +5

Bummer Complications:
Prejudice (Freak, Smells Bad)

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 13 (93)

JOE EYEBALL (Joe Junkee)
PL 4 (42)
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Bodacious Skills:
Expertise (Garbageman) 4 (+4)

Gnarly Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Evasion, Fast Grab

Tubular Powers:
"Smelly Mutant"
Immunity 2 (Scent-Based Afflictions) [2]
"Slippery" Immunity 6 (Grab-Based Effects, Poison) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [3]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength & Speed, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +6 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Initiative +2

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +0, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 12 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 10 (42)

-One of the best, and grossest, toys of the 1987 series belonged to Muckman. Looking like he's made entirely of green snot, dripping with goo, and walking around with a trash can for a foot, he's absolutely hideous. He even has a hole on the top of his head and in his back in which you can stick the series' iconic "Ooze" (I can't imagine how hard that stuff is to get out of the crevasses of these toys- I don't think my parents ever bought any for us). Joe Eyeball is probably the best "Sidekick" toy of the line, too- a green, squat monster with eyes on giant stalks, he's way more distinctive than the Beaver, Mosquito or Lemur Sidekicks out there. All in all, this toy is AMAZING and one of the top-tier ones of the line. A truly definitive 1980s toy (though he was released in 1990).

-Muckman is SO GROSS that I always naturally assumed that he was a villainous character, as I'd never seen his episode- so imagine my surprise when research shows that he was a HEROIC character! Given the most generic origin ever (Rocksteady & Bebop were pouring mutagen out a window, and it landed on a garbageman), he and his pal Joe first attacked the Turtles, blaming them for their mutations, but eventually learned the true culprits, and freed the Turtles. In the 'toon, Muckman's presence seemed to weaken the Turtles by proximity- a condition that does not affect Rocksteady & Bebop. In the episode, "Garson Grunge" was given a voice just like Jackie Gleason's Ralph Kramden on They Honeymooners, and Joe the voice of Art Carney's Edward Norton from the same show.

-Of particular note are their voices- they're voiced in the manner of Ralph Kramden & Edward Norton from The Honeymooners, replicating the famous old comic duo. Unfortunately, like a lot of temporary allies, they never appeared again, despite Donatello promising to work on a cure for their condition. The heroes told him not to hurry, as they were now Mutant Heroes, but it remains to be seen if they were ever turned back to human form.

-A variation of Muckman appeared in the Nickelodeon cartoon- a running gag of a "Sewer Worker" ended up with him being modified into a garbage-controlling inhuman guy with huge gaps in his body. He even has an eyeball he names "Joe" giving him advice, and is manipulated by Rocksteady & Bebop into fighting the Turtles! This is his only major appearance in the series, however- he is just a backgrounder elsewhere.

-Muckman is a pretty basic Mutated character with mild super-strength and is defined by his "Muck-Gun" and some light Immunities. The Nick Toon version is more Insubstantial and can Move Object (Limited to Garbage).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

M4C8 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:38 pm Hey Jab, since Phineas and Ferb has been mentioned a few times on these boards would you ever build characters from the show? I think I vaguely remember you saying it was a show you didn't like or had no interest in, in that correct?
I watched a bit of it but it was pretty same-y and I never got into the series. I wouldn't even know what to stat, to be honest. Most of the time Dr. Doofenschmirtz just lost because of his own incompetence.
Jabroniville

Rocksteady & Bebop (Overview)

Post by Jabroniville »

ROCKSTEADY & BEBOP:
-Among the most iconic "Idiotic Henchmen" in TV history, Rocksteady & Bebop started life as a pair of goons in a vicious street gang that were sent to assault reporter April O'Neil, who was investigating the Foot Clan's activities. A stocky blonde guy with short hair, and a skinny black punker (I hate punkers) with a purple mohawk, they were the only named members of a gang that included a shrimpy guy in grey (complete with a sharp hat), a purple New Wave haircut-sporting guy in a black trenchcoat, a lumpy & bald dwarf, and a shirtless muscular guy in S&M gear with a blonde mohawk. And believe it or not, as a kid I was OBSESSED with these other guys. I mean... they were part of the gang that included two recurring villains? Why did we never see them again? What was their story? They had distinctive enough designs (compare them to the goons constantly seen in Gargoyles and you'll see a lot more work went into these ones) that I figured they HAD to be something. And since this episode was so hard to come by (I don't recall it airing in most syndicated rotations), and I'd never recorded it, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get much of a track on these guys. One of those weirdly obsessive things I did as a kid that makes me wonder why my mother didn't have me tested.

But yeah, Shredder makes a plan to turn some henchmen into Mutants, throws two of the gang into a room with some animals, and the rest bug off and disappear from the show- they're only seen in a bunch of mini-cameos, apparently having been turned into mutants also (okay, this explains why I keep imagining the one guy turning into a bat- the Wiki page shows that actually happened). Later, when Rocksteady & Bebop meet their old gang, it's an entirely DIFFERENT group of people, and they're all human.

Rocksteady & Bebop make their mutant debut with a good bit of fanfare, but are IMMEDIATELY defeated when the old "let them run into each other" trick works right out of the gate. An annoyed Shredder sends them after the Turtles again, and THIS time they are much more impressive. Though thick-headed, they are incredibly-strong, and show off a remarkable amount of prowess which includes Bebop THROWING A CAR at the group, both guys sneaking up behind them (on the NINJAS, mind you) and grabbing one guy in each hand, and more. Only careful tactics allow the heroes to win.

This push doesn't last, obviously. The two are SO STUPID that a never-ending assortment of calamities befoul both them, and anyone who's a part of their group. Their much-vaunted power avails them little eventually, as they can never score a decent hit again, and they're usually thrown about into things, or end up defeating themselves. They intially claimed to want to return to human form, but this was eventually dropped. Along with Shredder & Krang, they are exiled into Dimension X in the penultimate season of the TV show, but fail to return when their bosses come back for the tenth (!!) season. The movie Turtles Forever uses them PERFECTLY- they're idiots who are easy for any bad guy to defeat, but at the end of the episode, their bumbling actually SAVES THE UNIVERSE, as the Evil 2003 Series Shredder is killed once and for all when they plug in a machine (that their buffoonishness had naturally unplugged in the first place) at the exact right moment.

The pair were created by David Wise, who was basically ordered by those from on high to "Make More Mutants", as these would obviously be the top-selling kinds of toys. Eastman & Laird HATED them, and insisted that the second TMNT movie not include them- they were replaced with ANOTHER pair of buffoonish animal powerhouses instead.

OTHER APPEARANCES:
-As the most iconic minions in the series, Rocksteady & Bebop were freqent foes in the Video Games and adaptations of the original TV series, and received countless toys. They appeared in the Archie Comics series, for example, but shifted in character, as their animal sides soon won out, and they exiled themselves to another planet, where they became nudists who fully embraced nature. However, they reappeared later, recruited by Krang and committed robberies on Earth again, so I was wrong and that WASN'T their swan song! However, they were finally convinced to turn their backs on the villains and returned to Eden World.

They took a MASSIVE gap after that, not appearing in the 2003 cartoon at all, but suddenly a couple years in, the Nick toon introduced two random guys who later got mutated and turned into Shredder's new goons- they were back! But Rocksteady was a Russian military grunt and Bebop was a Michael Jackson-wannabe with a rail-thin frame and a high-pitched voice! They effectively replaced the weaker early minions (Fishface & Dogpound), but were themselves bossed around by Tiger Claw- ultimately, both became good guys, turning on the other villains. They have since appeared in the IDW Comics as well, and given a lot more credibility- they do things like maim Donatello, and are seen as lunkheaded, but exceptionally powerful and cruel. And then of course they both appear in the 2014 film as Shredder's new minions, being again... big stupid morons.

So it seems like the pair were kind of shit on for being "too silly" and damaging the seriousness of these nudist mutant turtle ninjas, but the fact that the core generation of people who watched the cartoon grew up into dorks has given the series a new dose of nostalgia, and now they're popping up in all the fiction again!

ROCKSTEADY & BEBOP'S GANG:
-So it turns out that the other guys in their gang made a few more appearances in the early episodes. Which is weird because I definitely saw those, and you'd think that would have stuck with me more, given how obsessed I was about them, particularly the guy in the long jacket. The appear in the second episode being mutated, and appear in a jail cell in the Technodrome later on... but we never find out what happened to them, and they stop appearing after the first season. It's implied that their mutations didn't "take" and they suck at fighting.

The Gang:
SCRAG: A tall, thin punk with a purple spiky haircut and long black jacket, Scrag is the most visually-interesting, and the one I was most obsessed with. In his final appearance in the series, he shows up as a a bat-mutant (looking like Wingnut without the wings), and is zapped back to human by Shredder with a "Retromutagen Gun" as proof that the device works- Shredder then insists Splinter and the Turtles come and get it, so Splinter can become human again. Naturally, this is a trap.
DUMBO: A short, muscular, bald dwarf, Dumbo used a chain. He was mutated into a dog-man, and was later placed behind bars in the Technodrome.
DOPEY: Dopey is a lanky guy with a huge nose and a grey hat, wielding a club- I still remember Leonardo chopping the top of it off and Dopey just looking at it with this dumbfounded expression on his face. He appears later as a mutated shrew-man, as his nose is now curled up.
GRUNT: A medium-height, very muscular punk in S&M gear and a yellow mohawk, Grunt was later turned into a lizard-man.
LUGNUT: A muscular bald guy added later.
JERSEY RED: A short, thick girl with red punk-rock hair. Added later.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat May 08, 2021 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Leatherhead! Fugitoid! Metalhead! Muckman!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

It's intersting in that Rocksteady and Bebop's gang essentially filled the exact same role the Purple Dragons do in the original comic and other adaptations (a gang of thugs being the first enemy the Turtles fight and easily defeat and end up working for the Foot)
Jabroniville

Rocksteady (1987)

Post by Jabroniville »

Rocksteady's tough rhino body makes him a turtle-bashing powerhouse. His lack of smarts makes him dangerous. This mutant mammal is big trouble with his Retro-Mutagen Gun: one shot can level a whole building or a shelled turtle. Off-duty, Rocksteady loves to fry up a mess of juicy turtle burgers for the whole hungry Foot Clan.

Rocksteady's fieldglasses survey the area for anything that looks like a Turtle. (He's mistakingly blasted six soccer balls). This G.I. rockhead blatantly displays his victory kills with the turtle scalps he wears around his belt.

ROCKSTEADY- 1980s Cartoon/Archie/IDW
Role:
Mutant Rhino, Stupid Henchman
Played By: Cam Clarke
Group Affiliations: The Foot Clan
PL 8 (63)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Bodacious Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Deception 2 (+0)
Expertise (Gang Member) 4 (+2)
Intimidation 7 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+1)

Gnarly Advantages:
Fast Grab, Equipment 4 (Grenade- Blast 6- Burst Area, Rifle- Blast 7- Multiattack), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Tubular Powers:
"Mutant Rhinoceros"
"Animal Senses" Senses 1 (Acute Scent) [1]
"Rhino's Horn" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Thick Hide" Protection 1 [1]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Horn +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Grenade +6 Area (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Rifle +4 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +0

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Bummer Complications:
Reputation (Bumbling Fool)
Prejudice (Monster)
Enemy (The Toitles)
Responsibility (The Shredder)- Bebop & Rocksteady are nonetheless extremely loyal to their abusive master, and constantly look to him for gratitude and favor. They never come.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 12 (63)

-Rocksteady is a Black Rhino with sharp teeth and little hair- his blonde locks having been removed upon his transformation to a super-powered mutant. A lot of his early gear (camouflage pants, an army helmet) disappeared, as did a huge automatic rifle. Bebop & Rocksteady are HILARIOUSLY cheap in terms of points, as not only are Powerhouses among the cheaper types of characters to build, but they're ALSO completely unskilled morons. PL 7.5 is all they get- they're strong and tough, but not so much that they can't be easily-beaten by the Turtles at times. The Turtles rarely get into actual brawls with them- they simply get them to run into something and hurt themselves. Naturally, he has a grenade... that never gets used.

Other Rocksteady Toys: Machine Gunnin' Rocksteady, Dimwit Doughboy Rocksteady, Giant Rocksteady, Mutatin', Power Punchin' Rocksteady, Night Ninja Rocksteady, Rhinoman, Robotic, Gatekeeper Rocksteady, Kung Fu Rocksteady, Supermutant Rocksteady, Warrior Rocksteady
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat May 08, 2021 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Bebop (1987)

Post by Jabroniville »

Bebop is the mutant punk rock hog who could slam dance his way through any crowd. This roadhog warrior dares to shave his head in blatant opposition to the establishment and his parents. Behind his mohawk ponytail, cool shades and all-star tennis shoes lurks the heart of a pig, ready to pulverize the Turtles. Guided by the evil Shredder, Bebop is willing to roll in the mud to snort out the Turtles. His two turtle shoulder pads cover a grotesque array of safety pins, tattoos and junk food.

Always at his side, the Shell Drill serves as a constant reminder that the party's not over... until every Turtle lies on its back.

BEBOP- 1980s Cartoon/Archie/IDW
Role:
Mutant Warthog, Stupid Henchman
Played By: Barry Gordon
PL 8 (64)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Bodacious Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Deception 2 (+0)
Expertise (Gang Member) 4 (+2)
Intimidation 7 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+1)

Gnarly Advantages:
Fast Grab, Equipment 4 (Rifle- Blast 7- Multiattack, Clubs +1), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Tubular Powers:
"Mutant Rhinoceros"

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Clubs +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Rifle +4 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +0

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Bummer Complications:
Reputation (Bumbling Fool)
Prejudice (Monster)
Enemy (The Toitles)
Responsibility (The Shredder)- Bebop & Rocksteady are nonetheless extremely loyal to their abusive master, and constantly look to him for gratitude and favor. They never come.
Relationship (Slash- Pet Turtle)- Bebop seemed quite fond of his little pet, but was disappointed when it turned into an evil mutant.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 12 (64)

-As a kid, I thought Bebop was WAY cooler than Rocksteady. I thought his design was better all-around, from his purple mohawk/ponytail thing (which was usually miscolored in the TV show so that only the top was purple), his ugly warthog features, his clothes and his sunglasses. Rocksteady just looked a lot more "plain", by comparison. Nonetheless, Bebop is basically identical to his partner in every way, save being a bit stronger (he throws a CAR at the Turtles in one of his first appearances, and a later episode features him flipping them over with ease. Even later, you see him stop a MOVING OIL TRUCK just by grabbing the rear bumper), and wielding clubs more often.

Other Bebop Toys: Head Spinnin' Bebop, Giant Bebop, Ninja Knockin' Bebop, Mutatin', Private Porknose Bebop, Mighty Bebop, Night Ninja Bebop, Robotic, Cave Beast Bebop and his Bodacious Brontosaurus, Cyber Samurai Bebop, The Crushin' Slam Bam Combo (Mini-Mutant Technodrome with Samurai Cycle and Mini-Mutant Bebop Figure!), Warrior Bebop, Supermutant Bebop
Jabroniville

Rocksteady (Nickelodeon)

Post by Jabroniville »

ROCKSTEADY (Ivan Steranko)- 2012 Nick Toon
Role:
Mutant Rhino, Evil Russian
Played By: Fred Tatasciore
PL 8 (98)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Bodacious Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Military) 8 (+10)
Expertise (Archaeology) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Gnarly Advantages:
Fast Grab, Equipment 4 (Grenade- Blast 6- Burst Area, Rifle- Blast 7- Multiattack), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Tubular Powers:
"Mutant Rhinoceros"
"Rhino's Horn" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Horn +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Grenade +6 Area (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Rifle +8 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +0

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Bummer Complications:
Prejudice (Monster)
Enemy (The Turtles)

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 22 (98)

-Rocksteady was completely reenvisioned for the 2012 Nick series, and in fact it took me a bit to realize what they were doing, as he started off as this old Russian associate of the Shredder's. A military guy, he had a thick accent and wasn't a complete idiot, so you can see how I was clueless at first. Eventually, he was mutated, along with a guy who became Bebop. The two were standard minions, Rocksteady quite aggressive, but they ultimately turned on their bosses after a few seasons (they refused to destroy the world), ending up as heroes.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Fugitoid! Metalhead! Muckman! Rocksteady & Bebop!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

I guess for the 2012 version they wanted to really make use the military aspect of the character, since that was mostly dropped from the original.