Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Hulkling! Iron Lad! Patriot II! Kate Bishop!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

kirinke wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:54 pm I'm surprised you haven't gone and statted up Judge Dredd or Tank Girl comics yet.
Gamebook has some Judge Dredd builds, I think. But yeah, they're British comics.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Tattooedman wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:03 pm I always saw it as a play on her powers - Big Zero - she grows big & little (since zero is the lowest possible number).
That, and a slightly oblique reference to Baron Zemo, who was part of the original Masters of Evil. Initially, the Young Masters all at least had a nod to their predecessors, though in some cases it was just the same name or vaguely similar elements (Coat of Arms is meant as a Swordsman stand-in). This continued with later additions Black Knight VI and the Radioactive Kid, but got forgotten about shortly thereafter, when the just became random jobbers. Hence Alex Wilder (the traitor from the Runaways), Mudbug, Snot (both from the Hellfire Club trainees), and Deathlocket (who...was a hero before?) just showing up as members.

Since the Young Avengers aren't a thing anymore, the Young Masters are pretty much a dead concept, anyway,

All my best.
Jabroniville

Egghead (Robot)

Post by Jabroniville »

EGGHEAD II
Created By:
Paul Cornell & Mark Brooks
First Appearance: Dark Reign: Young Avengers #1 (July 2009)
Role: Legacy Villain
Group Affiliations: The Young Masters, The Masters of Evil
PL 7 (135)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Intimidation 4 (+3)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Android Body"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 6 [6]
"Vague Robotic Senses" Senses 2 (Infravision, Extended Hearing) [2]

Insubstantial 4 [20]
Flight 1 (4 mph) [2]
"Phase Through Brains" Damage 8 (Extras: Penetrating) Linked to Weaken Mental Abilities 8 (Extras: Broad, Progressive +2) [48]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Phase Through Brains +6 (+8 Damage & Affliction, DC 23 & 18)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +6, Fortitude --, Will +2

Complications:
Relationship (Big Zero)
Hatred (Non-Whites)- Egghead has been reprogrammed by Big Zero.

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 108 / Defenses: 9 (135)

-Egghead II is a Vision-like Android who's been programmed to be super-racist by Big Zero, who is also his lover. He later joins Zodiac's army, and appears with the Shadow Council's variation of the team, as well as in an Avengers A.I. story where he joins an android revolution seeking more rights.

-Thanks to Greycrusader, I have a bit more to go on, as Egghead's online bios are TERRIBLE for lack of facts and vague "He might have _____" statements. Which is bizarre- characters like X-23 and Rogue have friggin' ESSAYS written about everything they've ever done since their Wikipedia page was first written- naturally, their pre-Wiki history is a few paragraphs at-best. Meanwhile, almost any post-Wikipedia character has a pathetic bio that's short on powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

kirinke wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:54 pm I'm surprised you haven't gone and statted up Judge Dredd or Tank Girl comics yet.
I’ve never read either of those things, which makes it rather difficult to assess them.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I've read a little of tank girl. Funny, twisted, black humor.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

kirinke wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:51 pm I've read a little of tank girl. Funny, twisted, black humor.
The same could be said about Judge Dredd
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

drkrash wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:04 am Enchantress was used (poorly) in the War of the Realms.
It's remarkable how Marvel could have an event about this massive war between the Nine Realms, and everything I saw about it filled me with so little "give a shit" that I didn't bother with it.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ares wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:10 pm
drkrash wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:04 am Enchantress was used (poorly) in the War of the Realms.
It's remarkable how Marvel could have an event about this massive war between the Nine Realms, and everything I saw about it filled me with so little "give a shit" that I didn't bother with it.
Yeah it wasn't great. There were some moments that kind of worked, but overall, meh.

I also thought it was odd that Amora would join up with the villains in that. I mean i know she is a villainess, but generally when big events like that happened she usually stood with Asgard.

And she mattered so little in the story, she might as well have not been part of Malekith's armies.
Jabroniville

Mako

Post by Jabroniville »

MAKO
Created By:
Nick Dragotta & Joe Casey
First Appearance: Vengeance #1 (Sept. 2011)
Role: Backgrounder, Easily-Killed Guy

-Humorously, Mako was invented solely to die... only to reappear with no explanation in the next story! He was an Atlantean test-tube baby, grown from the cells of various Namor villains, like Attuma, Orka, Meranno & Tyrak, and joined the Young Masters in their second incarnation. However, when they checked out the "corpse" of Bullseye, the team was attacked by LADY Bullseye, who easily killed Mako with her blades. Then, inexplicably, he turned up alive on the Shadow Council's "Young Masters" squad. And that's what happens when your writer doesn't check Wikipedia.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

The fact that writers still don't fact check is pretty bizarre, especially nowadays when it's (relatively) easy to look stuff up. While it's not the same thing, dead jobber villains inexplicably turning up in background panels reminds me of those animation errors in G1 Transformers where characters that were supposed to be dead or in a different form would show up as Backgrounders.
Jabroniville

The Radioactive Kid

Post by Jabroniville »

THE RADIOACTIVE KID (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Role: Backgrounder

-The Radioactive Kid, an unexplained knock-off of The Radioactive Man, appeared with the Young Masters in Vengeance, and witnessed the death of fellow newbie Mako at the hands of Lady Bullseye. He was believed dead after a fight with the Teen Brigade (an updated version of Rick Jones's old group from The Incredible Hulk), but appeared with the team's Shadow Council incarnation later on.

-His powers are presumably similar to his elder counterpart's, being Blasting-related, though he can melt or mutate people with a touch.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

The Black Knight (Young Masters)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE BLACK KNIGHT V (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:

-Another new recruit to the Young Masters, the fifth Black Knight is technically active alongside Dane Freaking Whitman, which is weird. A mere backgrounder in her squad, she eventually hooked up with "Ultimate Nullifier" of the Teen Brigade, thereafter acting as a mole for the Brigade. She told the Nullifier that she had other plans "that didn't involve evil", and quit the team, giving info to the CIA. And then of course she showed up in Bagalia on the Shadow Council version of the Masters of Evil anyhow.

-This Black Knight has something that appears to be the Ebony Blade- this is not explained. She appears to be a random teenage girl doing this on a whim, and not a really serious combatant.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
saint_matthew

Post by saint_matthew »

M4C8 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:15 am
saint_matthew wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 am
M4C8 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:38 pmShe's from the US. There are characters who most people don't realise are British though (Spider-Woman (Drew) and Blade)
Oh you mean like how everyone forgets that Jessica Drew is actually blonde.
I just checked her bio on MarvelDatabase, it says she's brunette but dyes her hair black (and previously blonde), of course it could be wrong.
hmmmmm, it's more blonde then brunette.

Here take a look for yourself

https://imgur.com/HknEy6u
Jabroniville

Snot

Post by Jabroniville »

SNOT (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Jason Aaron & Nick Bradshaw
First Appearance: Wolverine and the X-Men #31 (Aug. 2013)
Group Affiliations: The Masters of Evil, The Hellfire Academy

-Snot appears as one of many "random backgrounders" during Jason Aaron's comedy-tinged run on Wolverine and the X-Men. With a big nose and snot-themed powers, the guy's obviously meant ot be silly- his powers were discovered after he sneezed and killed a walrus, for example. When he did poorly in his classes on the first day, he was brought before Headmaster Kade Kilgore, who had him sent through the SIEGE PERILOUS of all things- this made Snot more muscular, so Kilgore turned him into a henchman. He beat up Quentin Quire one time, but then disappeared... until randomly showing up in Avengers Undercover as a new recruit of the Shadow Council's Masters of Evil/Young Masters.

-His powers are very "Modern Character"-ish, in that there's little seen. He's big and strong (no idea how much), and shoots out a really gross, probably Contagious, Snare effect.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Snot

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:31 am
SNOT (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Jason Aaron & Nick Bradshaw
*facepalm*

Maybe he can team up with Eric Larsen's creations like Backfire, Heavy Flo and Dung.

Yes, those are real characters. Google them at your own risk.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.