Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Chiang-Ku

Post by Jabroniville »

CHIANG-KU R.C.C.
Role:
Uber-Durable Dragon, Mary Sue Race, Mentor Figures
PL 13 (191)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 14 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+9)
Deception 5 (+10)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+10)
Expertise (History) 5 (+10)
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 5 (+10)
Expertise (Faerie Lore) 4 (+9)
Insight 4 (+9)
Treatment 2 (+7)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 1, Ritualist

Powers:
Senses 13 (Low-Light Vision, Vision Counters Concealment 4, Ley Line Awareness- Ranged 3, Dragon Awareness- Ranged 3) [13]
Immunity 3 (Aging, Poison, Disease) [3]
Immunity 10 (Fire & Cold Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
Regeneration 6 [6]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 13) [17]

"Shapeshifting" Morph 4 (Feats: Metamorph) (Extras: Continuous) [25]
"Creatures of Magic" Features 1: May Use Techno-Wizard Devices [1]
Extra Limbs 2 [2]

"Draconic Size" Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (15 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]

"Psionics" (7 Sensitive, Healing or Physical Powers)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +18 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +6

Complications:
Power Loss (Magic)- Magic requires the internal energies of the Sorcerer to work- too many Spells will wear them out.
Responsibility (Fighting Evil)- Chiang-Ku are benevolent defenders of humanity.
Enemy (The Splugorth, Mrrlyn, The Four Horsemen, Others).
Power Loss (Durability)- Chiang-Ku are only Toughness +17 in forms smaller than that of their natural one.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 82 + Psionics / Defenses: 8 (191)

-ahhhhhhhhhh, so HERE'S where you find the Chiang-Ku, who are one of many concepts that Kevin Siembieda fell in love with in the early days of Rifts and spammed out into every book. Apparently like Asian-style Dragons, the Chiang-Ku were benevolent, kindly ones. Unfortunately, Kevin took it upon himself to do the art, and so it looks like a lumpy, angry-faced lizard awkwardly hunched up and holding a knife, with skin made out of a quilt. There's no indication in the picture it's any bigger than your typical monitor lizard.

-They are very, VERY Mary Sue-like, with Kevin stating that they fell in love with Earth millennia ago, and taught humanity the secrets of Ley Lines, magic, Tattoo Magic, dimensional travel and more with the adoring masses of humanity, whom these curious Dragons came to love and adore. Adopting Earth as their "home away from home" (their actual homeworld is unknown), they helped build Atlantis, the Pyramids of Egypt, standing stones across Europe, and more, but suffered terribly in the Great Cataclysm that sank Atlantis, and the vast majority of them fled the Earth in the following years. Eventually, the last Chiang-Ku on Earth died out, and much of the race has since died in the multiverse- the reasons why are mysterious, but the book says that "most likely" they caught a space-plague. It is believed that they are extinct, HOWEVER...

-Of course the Chiang-Ku still live on Earth, with about two dozen returning to the world following the Coming of the Rifts- about a hundred remain across the Megaverse. Eleven Chiang-Ku live in England as members of the "Nog Henge", a band of "Druids" that are enemies of the villainous nation of Camelot, and help out humans & faeries in danger whenever they encounter them. They are currently engaged in a "cold war" with Mrrlyn, whom they know to be evil, and one of their number acts as Perccyvel, aide to King Arr'thuu and a double agent for the Chiang-Ku. Another Dragon helps out the New German Republic against the Gargoyles, while a third is Pharaoh Rama-Set of Egypt.

-I swear these damn things have the weirdest stats on Earth- THOUSANDS of M.D.C. (4D4x100 +1000), yet are not even that strong, and no bonuses to number of attacks- they're forced to use the regular human manner of gaining them- via O.C.C.s & experience. This means that they're durable as hell, but actually incapable of harming each other with anything but magic! But... the Hatchlings gain an extra attack!

---

CHIANG-KU HATCHLING R.C.C.
Role:
Uber-Powerful Dragon, Mary Sue Race
PL 10 (142)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Deception 5 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6)
Expertise (History) 5 (+6)
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 5 (+6)
Expertise (Faerie Lore) 4 (+5)
Insight 4 (+5)
Treatment 2 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 1, Ritualist

Powers:
Senses 13 (Low-Light Vision, Vision Counters Concealment 4, Ley Line Awareness- Ranged 3, Dragon Awareness- Ranged 3) [13]
Immunity 3 (Aging, Poison, Disease) [3]
Immunity 10 (Fire & Cold Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
Regeneration 6 [6]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 9) [13]

"Shapeshifting" Morph 4 (Feats: Metamorph) (Extras: Continuous) [25]
"Creatures of Magic" Features 1: May Use Techno-Wizard Devices [1]
Extra Limbs 2 [2]

"Draconic Size" Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (15 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]

"Psionics" (7 Sensitive, Healing or Physical Powers)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +13 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +6

Complications:
Power Loss (Magic)- Magic requires the internal energies of the Sorcerer to work- too many Spells will wear them out.
Responsibility (Fighting Evil)- Chiang-Ku are benevolent defenders of humanity.
Enemy (The Splugorth, Mrrlyn, The Four Horsemen, Others).
Power Loss (Durability)- Chiang-Ku are only Toughness +17 in forms smaller than that of their natural one.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 78 + Psionics / Defenses: 7 (142)

-Chiang-Ku Hatchlings apparently get an extra attack (which... the adults don't get?), and have no apparent difference to their Skills otherwise. They are overall much weaker, though.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts England! Sissy Druids & Hippies!)

Post by Spectrum »

Chiang Six was a super powerful (level 12+, six spells her action) Yellow Peril character from Villains Unlimited and an eeeeevil Chiang-Ku. From the picture, looks like they were also trying to insert Tattoo Magic in there but didn't quite get that far.

Rights England came out about a year later.

and looking closer at the source- hi Kreuz!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:37 pm Image

Chiang Six was a super powerful (level 12+, six spells her action) Yellow Peril character from Villains Unlimited and an eeeeevil Chiang-Ku. From the picture, looks like they were also trying to insert Tattoo Magic in there but didn't quite get that far.

'Sup. For the record, I offered my HU pdfs to Jab if he wants to make his own conversions when he finally runs out of rifts books, but for now he's passed on the idea
Jabroniville

The Elixir of Power & Deceit

Post by Jabroniville »

THE ELIXIR OF POWER & DECEIT:
-This ominous name is given to a powerful Elixir, which is used to empower people, but after nine drinks, that person becomes the slave of the Dragon. This is only used by evil Chiang-Ku, and the creation of it is a closely guarded secret. The only cure for the mind control is getting the Dragon to drink his own concoction.

Powers Include: Control Fire ("Ignire Fire, Fuel Flame, Fire Bolt, Circle of Flame; Fire does half-damage), Control Wind ("Breath Without Air, Float in Air, Wind Rush"), Immunity (Fire Damage), Invisibility, ST 7, Invulnerability (Immune to Damage!), Transform to Metal (Toughness +12), Man of Stone (Toughness +11), Man of Shadows (Darkness Control from Heroes Unlimited or the "Nighvision" & "Shadow Meld" spells), Project Energy (Blast 12), Underwater Abilities (Low-Light Vision & "Swim as the Fish")
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

kreuzritter wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:20 pm
Spectrum wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:37 pm Chiang Six was a super powerful (level 12+, six spells her action) Yellow Peril character from Villains Unlimited and an eeeeevil Chiang-Ku. From the picture, looks like they were also trying to insert Tattoo Magic in there but didn't quite get that far.

'Sup. For the record, I offered my HU pdfs to Jab if he wants to make his own conversions when he finally runs out of rifts books, but for now he's passed on the idea
Oh yeah- I forgot about that. Thing is, I just never cared for Heroes Unlimited, how it statted up, or anything like that. A bit too "same-y" and too obsessed with random-rolling powers. And I have no familiarity with any actual OCs of the setting, as I only ever read the main book.
Jabroniville

The Children of the Earth & Stars

Post by Jabroniville »

CHILDREN OF THE EARTH & STARS:
-The Earth Child & Star Child R.C.C.s are just different English clans of humans that have been trained for years with their innate transformative abilities. Children from the two clans can intermarry, but a child must choose one path or the other. Marriage with outsiders is atypical, but can produce powered children if they have Major Psionics naturally. The most interesting thing about them is somewhat glossed over- they are usualy good-natured, but their particularly brand of morality enables them to deceive, kill and even torture those they see as "villains", which would include those who harm the Earth and the environment. Each tribe only numbers about 2000, and supernatural creatures cannot use the powers.

-Both Earth & Star Children draw upon the P.P.E., Ley Lines, and living beings of Earth to enable magical transformations into Mega-Damage creatures.
Jabroniville

Earth Child

Post by Jabroniville »

THE EARTH CHILD R.C.C.
Role:
Super-Powered Shape-Changers, Moralistic Hippies
PL 8 (113)
STRENGTH
2/5/10 STAMINA 3/8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8, +11, +16 Boosted)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+9)
Insight 3 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 1 (Hippie Gear), Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
"Earth Child Form" (Activation) [-1]
Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
Enhanced Stamina 2 [4]
Regeneration 5 [5]
Immunity 3 (Faerie Magic, Poison) [3]
Immunity 10 (Fire & Cold Damage) (Flaws: Limited to 1/4 Effect) [8]
Senses 3 (Water Awareness- Ranged, Detect Poison) [3]
"Repel & Attract Animals" Affliction 6 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Burst, Cumulative, Limited to Animals, Limited to Leaving or Entering Area) [6]

"The Strength of the Earth" (Flaws: Limited to 1 Point Boost Per Round, Reduces INT & AWA by 1 Each Per Rank)
Enhanced Strength 4 [2]
Protection 3 [1]

"Psionics" (8 Physical Powers)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Earth Child +6 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Strength of the Earth +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (+5 Size, DC 16-15), Parry +6 (+5 Size, DC 16-15), Toughness +3 (+8 Earth Child, +11 w/ Strength), Fortitude +5 (+10 Earth Child), Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Earth)- Earth & Star Children fight to defend life and nature.
Responsibility (Berserker Form)- An Earth Child that has lost too many of their mental faculties to the Strength of the Earth will go berserk, attacking friend and foe alike for several minutes, and end with a comatose Earth Child for a fair while.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 38 + Psionics / Defenses: 5 (113)

-An Earth Child is a pretty basic, under-skilled invididual (though with a lot of "side skills" available) who can nonetheless boost them to fairly impressive levels with their "Earth Child" form. Gaining twice their normal size, they hit for PL 5.5 and are PL 7 defensively, but this can be boosted further at the cost of their mental faculties. By losing INT & AWA, they gain PL 8-ish powers by adding 4 to their Strength once per round (adding up to about +10 damage, I would guess), and 40 M.D.C. each turn as well.
Davies

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Hippies! Chiang-Ku Dragons! Earth Child!)

Post by Davies »

... no mention of them wearing a ring that they have to tell to do its thing?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:11 am ... no mention of them wearing a ring that they have to tell to do its thing?
Alas, there is no Ring. They're like... 12-foot tall Rock Hippies.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

I'm sorry but they just aren't as cool as the Fred & Barney meet the Thing - Thing. ("Thing rings do your thing", alas little Benji Grim.)

I'm loving these write ups btw, sorry I don't comment as much as I should but work currently is killing me (IT for a hosp right now. KMN).
I'll second the HU2 conversions if nothing more so that we have semi-original mooks to throw at people. Can never get enough mooks.
I've been thinking of doing them up in FASERIP for a while now. I think I have some Nightspawn (never bane) baddies I can post for them.

and now back to work. (seriously, KMN)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

ive got VU and the two other books Century station and the prison book as well as both Aliens books they cover most of the original characters HU has a couple in the back end of it
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

The Star Child

Post by Jabroniville »

Tragically, there is no picture.

THE STAR CHILD R.C.C.
Role:
Super-Powered Shape-Changers, Moralistic Hippies
PL 7 (166)
STRENGTH
2/5 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5, +8)
Expertise (Survival) 2 (+5)
Expertise (Astronomy) 6 (+9)
Insight 3 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Laser Weapons, Hippie Gear), Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
"Star Child Form" (Activation) [-1]
Protection 5 [5]
Regeneration 2 [2]
"Hard to See & Hit" Affliction 8 (Accuracy; Hindered/Impaired) (Extras: Area- Visual Perception, Continuous +3) (Flaws: Limited to Ability to Hit, Limited Degree) (Quirks: Only to Hit Star Child) [23]
Immunity 7 (Radiation Damage, Visual Dazzles) [7]
Immunity 6 (Fire Damage, Heat) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [3]
Senses 7 (Darkvision 2, Direction Sense, Time Sense, Detect Weakness- Acute/Metals Only, Infravision, Radio Vision) [7]

"Shooting Star" Flight 20 (Flaws: Side-Effect- Getting Lost; Random Table) (Quirks: Full Speed Only -1) (19) -- [21]
  • AE: "Float in the Air" Flight 4 (Flaws: Low Ceiling) (4)
  • AE: Speed 1 (4 mph) (1)
"Expel Light" Visual Dazzle 8 (16) -- [18]
  • AE: "Ignite Fires" Damage 1 (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2) (3)
  • AE: "Soothing Heat" Healing 2 (Flaws: Side-Effect- Tiring To Patient) (2)
"Psionics" (8 Sensitive or Healing Powers)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Star Child +6 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Expel Light +5 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Ignite Fires -- (+1 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 16)
Lasers +5 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3 (+8 Star Child), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Earth)- Earth & Star Children fight to defend life and nature.
Responsibility (Berserker Form)- An Earth Child that has lost too many of their mental faculties to the Strength of the Earth will go berserk, attacking friend and foe alike for several minutes, and end with a comatose Earth Child for a fair while.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 85 + Psionics / Defenses: 6 (166)

-A Star Child transforms into a being of bright light- the name and concept bring to mind 1970s Defenders comics to me. This transformation turns them into laser-resistant M.D.C. beings with a Dazzle, Light Speed (though they get lost at a HUGE rate- 97% at first!), the ability to ignite random fires, and some sensory powers. They're still only PL 7.
Sidious

Re: The Star Child

Post by Sidious »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:05 am Tragically, there is no picture.
is it? Really?
Jabroniville

Re: The Star Child

Post by Jabroniville »

Sidious wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:34 am
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:05 am Tragically, there is no picture.
is it? Really?
Think of the atrocity that Wayne Breaux or Kevin S could have created with some kind of light-powered Brit-Druid!
Davies

Post by Davies »

... I could be completely off-base here, but I think these two concepts might be inspired by Complete Carnage and Radical, characters from Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles who were statted up and featured in an adventure in Transdimensional Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."