Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Headhunter Tech-Hound, Momano; Grackle Tooth)

Post by Davies »

Stealing this picture for an ersatz-Lobo.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:31 am Stealing this picture for an ersatz-Lobo.
Perez drew another one, too!

Jabroniville

Mastodonoid

Post by Jabroniville »

MASTADONOID R.C.C.: Growth 2 (Innate), ST +9 (total 11), STA +7 (total 9), INT -1, AWA -2, Close Attack +1, Regeneration 2, Immunity (Demonic Possession, Cold), Immunity (Cold Damage, Limited to Half), Magic (See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Armor of Ithan, Throwing Stones, Frost Blade) [39 + Magic]

-Okay, these look cool. A Mastodonoid is your typical "Anthropomorphic Earth Animal" kind of alien, and are furry arctic humanoids. The "trunk" is actually the creature's mouth, which would snake inside the body of a slain foe, eating their organs. Mastodonoids consider eating a worthy foe to be an honor, but are neither ruthless nor murderous. They're so nice that their best friends are the moral paragons of Rifts Earth- Native Americans! Most of their O.C.C. options are magical in nature, as they have innate spells and twice as much P.P.E. as normal people, but they can also be Scouts, Vagabonds, Bounty Hunters (not Headhunters?) and Bandits.
Spam

Post by Spam »

Wait... are you saying Canadians DON'T have southern accents?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spam wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:50 am Wait... are you saying Canadians DON'T have southern accents?
Hey, Alberta may be the Texas of Canada, but I live in the AUSTIN of the Texas of Canada!

P.S. I'm pretty sure that the Aardan Tek R.C.C. is named after Canadian singer Jann Arden.
Spam

Post by Spam »

To us Alaskans, everyone is from the south. And a Texan is a Texan, and they all sound like Boomhauer.
Jabroniville

Greot Hunter

Post by Jabroniville »

GREOT HUNTER R.C.C.: ST +6, STA +6, AGI +1, FIGHTING +1, INT -2, AWA -2, PRE -2, Close Combat +1, Claws +1 (Split), Regeneration 2, Immunity (Cold) [22]

-Pebbled-scaled Lizard-Men, the "Greot" (pronounced "Gree oat", which isn't at all dumb or confusing) are aggressive creatures that don't work well with other races. They are the dominant lifeform on their own world, so they find Rifts Earth "upsetting and stressful". They're a race full of dominating bullies, and are thus often recruited by The Black Market as bodyguard, enforcers, etc. They are said to hate Magic and all other races that aren't them, typically. Basically, a race of Big Dumb Mooks without even anything distinctive besides being low-level M.D.C. beings.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Tempted to use the Mastadonoid as what a living version of the Space Jockey looks like.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Noli Bushman

Post by Jabroniville »

Goddammit "Fatal & Friends" called out the Dreadlock Pubes and now I can't un-see them.

NOLI BUSHMAN R.C.C.: ST +1, STA +1, INT -1, Close Attack 1, Athletics +4, Stealth +2, Low-Light Vision, Immunity (Visual Dazzles), "Psionics" (Bio-Regeneration, Empathy, Telepathy, Mind Block, Psionic Invisibility, 2 Physical & 2 Sensitive Powers, +1 from either) [8 + Psionics]

-Large-headed, alien-looking beings, the Noli live in the eastern part of North America. They typically live out in the woods, like you might expect, but are usually wearing only light M.D.C. armor- most have jobs as Scouts, Cowboys, or other types of animal handlers. They are Major Psionics with only slightly-above-human stats.
Jabroniville

Yeno

Post by Jabroniville »

YENO R.C.C.: AGI +2, STA +4, AWA -1, PRE -2, Protection 2, Force Field 1, Infravision, Ultravision, Immunity 20 (Energy Effects, Limited to Half), "Energy Bolt" Blast 11 (Accurate 2) [45]

-The humanoid Yeno have weird, bulbous heads without a lot of distinctive facial features- just "stuff" and folds of flesh or whatever. They're said to be rare, yellow-to-red D-Bees who always seem mean and hot-tempered. They have a great Half-Immunity to Energy Effects, are low-tier M.D.C. beings, and they have a REALLY powerful, innate Energy Blast that also offers them two extra attacks- an extremely powerful ability, and the only time I've seen "Extra Attacks, but only for this one type of attack" in the setting.
Jabroniville

Armored Slayer

Post by Jabroniville »

ARMORED SLAYER
Role:
Monster
PL 11 (118)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Lore: Monsters) 6 (+7)
Perception 7 (+8)
Steath 3 (+5, +3 Size)

Advantages:
Improved Disarm, Ranged Attack 6, Tracking

Powers:
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
"Added Materials to Shell" Protection 5 [5]
Senses 6 (Low-Light & Extended Vision, Vision Counters Concealment) [6]
Immunity 5 (Cold, Disease, Poison, Heat, Cold) [5]
Regeneration 4 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [5]
"Six Tentacles" Extra Limbs 6 [6]
"Tentacle Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Penetrating 6) [7]

"Psionics" (Mind Block, Meditation, Empathy, Sense Magic, Detect Psionics, Death Trance, Intuitive Combat, Impervious to Cold, Impervious to Fire, Telekinetic Push, Telekinetic Lift, Telekinesis-Super)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Tentacles +11 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+9 Armor), Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Hatred (Supernatural Beings)- Armored Slayers are said to appear to hate supernatural creatures, and go out of their way to attach them.
Reputation (Mad Slayers)- These are among the most feared beings in North America.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 39 + Psionics / Defenses: 11 (118)

-Armored Slayers are cool-looking, hunched-over behemoths with spiky carapaces and lobster-like pincers, but it turns out their natural frame is a brain-like red mass that has little shape- the rest of them is a construct. They move about, attaching various kinds of weaponry to their bodies with natural resin they excrete, turning them into walking armories- glued-together debris also adds to their shells. They move with incredible speed for their bulk, and feed off of P.P.E. like Psi-Stalkers do. Dull-witted, they're said to be "the equivalent of a monstrous, retarded child" (actual words!), but can follow simple instructions and will join other sentient beings on quests to kill supernatural monsters. They have an incredible NINE attacks and do a ton of damage with all their stuff, making them PL 11 monsters.
Jabroniville

Fury Beetle

Post by Jabroniville »

FURY BEETLE
Role:
Walking Tank, Domesticated Monster
PL 11 (104 + Psionics)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 12 (+11 Size)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Close Attack 1, Power Attack, Tracking, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 12 (Infravision, Ultravision, Extended Vision, Vision Penetrates Concealment, Acute & Extended Scent, Water Awareness- Ranged & Radius) [12]
"Super-Armour" Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 13) [18]
Immunity 3 (Disease, Cold, Heat) [3]

Speed 5 (60 mph) (5) -- [6]
  • AE: Swimming 5 (16 mph) (5)
"Dino-Sized" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]
"Immovable" Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Movement) [2]

"Psionics" (Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Mind Block)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +15 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Fury Beetles cannot speak to humans, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.
Vulnerable (Belly Attacks)- A Fury Beetle's belly is closer to Tougness +9, but is difficult to strike.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 54 + Psionics / Defenses: 13 (104 + Psionics)

-The Fury Beetle actually appeared in the Main Rulebook's later edition, but is shown here with more detail and some great new Perez art, featuring it in multi-eyed, spiky splendor. These insectoid-looking alien monsters are named for their erratic, frantic-looking movements, and are a kind of "catch-all" creature on Rifts Earth, being Riding Monsters, Random Encounters, Pack Animals (they can carry 20-40 tons handily), and even food! Simvan Monster Riders have transplanted this more Eastern creature to the New West, and are one of their most-common mounts. When attacked, they will fight to the death or until their attacker leaves, which is rather silly and not like how most animals act, but this probably just to make it more of a threat in an RPG universe. "Playing dead" will usually work to get one to stop fighting, however.

-Fury Beetles are PL 10 offensively, PL 11 defensively, owing to their TREMENDOUS toughness- averaging to 550 M.D.C., but maxing out at over 850 M.D.C.! They're typical Big Dumb Animals otherwise, but are very fast, and even swim at 24-ish mph if they push themselves, and have some minor-league Psionics.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Grackle Tooth, Armored Slayer, Fury Beetle)

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, here's something weird. Looking up the stats for Triax Kill-O-Bots from one Rifts Sourcebook, I noticed they had a TON of attacks, and great bonuses to hit. Curious as to how they stacked up to Coalition Skelebots from the same book, I realized that my original builds for them were WAY under-par- I had for some reason not taken into account them having five attacks at baseline, and incredible bonuses to hit and defend. So there's an updated, PL 11 version of the Coalition Skelebot: https://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/v ... 313#p49313
Jabroniville

Giant Squid

Post by Jabroniville »

GIANT SQUID
Role:
Huge Bottom-Feeder, M.D.C. Animal
PL 12 (107)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+14)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 8 (+5, +7 Size)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 14 (+14, +9 Size)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Grab

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 4 (Low-Light Vision, Direction Sense, Analytical Taste) [4]

"Squid Features"
"Eight Arms" Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Unarmed Reach 5 [5]
"Boneless Body" Insubstantial 1 (Flaws: Half-Effect- Requires Some Space) [3]
"Bioluminescence" Environment 1 (Light- 30 feet) [1]

"Ink Jet" Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cloud +3, Attack) [12]

"Sea Creature"
Swimming 3 (4 mph) [3]
Immunity 3 (Pressure, Cold, Drowning) [3]

"Natural Size" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
Strength-Damage +2 [2]
Protection 3 [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +9, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Squid cannot speak to humans.

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 51 / Defenses: 23 (107)

-The Giant Squid here is a real-world animal shifted into an M.D.C. animal on Rifts Earth. I don't change its Toughness at all because MEGA-DAMAGE IS DUMB, but it's got 95-ish M.D.C. on average. The Ink Jet has greater range, it has a better sense of taste (Chemoreceptors), and an incredible EIGHT attacks and +6 to hit, meaning they're more skilled than even the best martial artists.
Woodclaw

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Grackle Tooth, Armored Slayer, Fury Beetle)

Post by Woodclaw »

The fury bettle is just one step on the wrong side of being an adorable little monster.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)