Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Hoid

Re: Burster (Psyscape Upgrade)

Post by Hoid »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:21 am Image

See- now THIS is how you make a character class LOOK GOOD! That piece of garbage in the first book? Of a shirtless guy in his sweatpants throwing vague stuff out? Nobody looked at that and wanted to play a Burster? I thought it was the lamest class ever. And then I looked at my friend's "Psyscape" book and saw THIS- now THIS is a character I wanted to play! I almost immediately wanted to have a character with that design.

BURSTER O.C.C. (Main Rulebook)
Role:
Psionics, Blasters, The Class That Got Left Behind
PL 8 (126)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Expertise (Streetwise or Survival) 4 (+6/+4)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Fire) 2 (+8)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Armor, Gear & Supplies), Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
"Impervious to Fire & Heat"
Immunity 6 (Fire Damage, Heat) [6]
Immunity 10 (Electrical Damage, Plasma Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
Features 1: Only Minor Difficulty in Smoky Conditions [1]

"Pyrokinetic Powers"
"Flame Burst" Fire Aura 4 [16]
"Sense Fire" Senses 4 (Fire Awareness, Analytical, Ranged) [4]

"Mega-Damage Eruption" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cylinder, Ranged) (24) -- [27]
  • AE: "Fire Bolt" Blast 9 (Feats: Accurate) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (15)
  • AE: "Extinguish Fires" Nullify Flames 10 (10)
  • AE: "Fire Eruption" Blast 4 (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2) (12)
"Psionics" (Pick 3: Death Trance, Levitation, Mind Block, Resist Fatigue, Resist Thirst, Resist Hunger)

Equipment:
"Light Armor" Protection 5 (Impervious 5) (9)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Fire Blast +7 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (The Coalition)- Psychics are hunted by the Coalition.
Power Loss (Powers)- Psychics require their inner psychic potential to utilize their powers- this will eventually run out, even for the best Psychics.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 59 + Psionics / Defenses: 9 (126)

---

BURSTER R.C.C. (Rifts Psyscape)
Role:
Psionics, Blasters, The Class That Got Left Behind
PL 10 (132)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Expertise (Streetwise or Survival) 4 (+4/+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Investigation 1 (+3)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Close Attack 1, Equipment 3 (Armor, Gear & Supplies), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Impervious to Fire & Heat"
Immunity 6 (Fire Damage, Heat) [6]
Immunity 10 (Electrical Damage, Plasma Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
Features 1: Only Minor Difficulty in Smoky Conditions [1]

"Pyrokinetic Powers"
"Flame Burst" Fire Aura 4 [16]
Force Field 4 [4]
"Sense Fire" Senses 4 (Fire Awareness, Analytical, Ranged) [4]

"Mega-Damage Eruption" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cylinder, Ranged) (24) -- [27]
  • AE: "Fire Bolt" Blast 9 (Feats: Accurate 2) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (15)
  • AE: "Extinguish Fires" Nullify Flames 10 (10)
  • AE: "Fire Eruption" Blast 4 (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2) (12)
"Psionics" (Pick 3: Death Trance, Levitation, Mind Block, Resist Fatigue, Resist Thirst, Resist Hunger, Empathy, Radiate Horror Factor, Deaden Pain, See Aura, Sense Time, Telepathy)

Equipment:

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Fire Blast +10 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3 (+7 Force Field, +9 Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Power Loss (Powers)- Psychics require their inner psychic potential to utilize their powers- this will eventually run out, even for the best Psychics.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 63 / Defenses: 9 (132)

-The Main Rulebook contains three Psionic classes- the first and simplest being the "Burster"- a volatile pyrokinetic who specializes in dealing long-range damage. Shitty long-range damage. See, this is probably one of the classes most-damaged by the infamous "Power Creep" of Rifts. Their major blast does 2D6 Mega-Damage, which isn't too shabby for the book, though WELL below the guns that any Coalition soldier would get. Since that's an in-born power and can't get taken away, it's pretty decent... but sadly lacking when later books pile on more and more armor, guns and super-blasters, which quickly turns the Burster into one of the weakest classes you can get- one basically dependent on gear to make him remotely competitive.

-I remember my friend's sad remarks about how "A Burster would be a FINE character", but bemoaning how the setting had grown in power so much that they were now worthless- as another friend of ours was interested in playing one, we were trying to figure out some kind of suit he could wear that could boost his powers.

-A Burster is a somewhat-solid PL 8 Blaster, but lacks the armor (they wear Light MDC Armor), versatility (they're explicitly said to be unskilled, having spent most of their time learning to use their powers), or real raw strength to make a difference. A +9 Blast isn't too shabby, but it's all they can really do- their Psionics are at a pretty low level, allowing only three powers. Ever.

-Bursters get a minor upgrade in Rifts Psyscape- they earn a 30 M.D.C. regenerating Force Field with their "Flame Burst" power, get a real skill selection (still poor), and add many more potential Psionic powers (some from this book), and may select one more every three levels. And they ALSO snuck in a "+1 to strike" into their R.C.C. bonuses, which is boosted by +4 to hit with their Flame Bolt- these minor additions actually turn a PL 7.5 Blaster class into a PL 9.5 one, making them near-Juicer level! The only flaw is they will run out of "Shots" eventually, but a moderate role on their I.S.P. will still let them shoot about 20 Fire Bolts a day.
Oh, how the arhats Of Earth-H of the Forever Tree would envy the hell out of these guys!
Jabroniville

Nega-Psychic

Post by Jabroniville »

NEGA-PSYCHIC R.C.C.
Role:
Psi-Nullifiers
PL 7 (118 + Psionics)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Demon Lore) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Gun, Armor, Gear & Supplies), Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
"Closed to the Supernatural"
Concealment 2 (Psionic Senses) [4]
Immunity 4 (Mind Bleeder Powers, Possession) [4]

"Enhanced Healing"
Regeneration 2 [2]
Immunity 20 (Magical Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Status Effects, Limited to Half-Effect) [10]

"Disrupt Magic" Nullify Magic 8 (Extras: Broad, Effortless, Perception-Ranged +2) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day, Limited to Attacks Within 100 Feet/Those Targetting the User) [24]

"Psionics" (Exorcism, Suppress Fear, Deaden Senses, Summon Inner Strength, Group Mind Block; +1 from Physical at most levels)

Equipment:
"Laser Pistol" Blast 8 (16)

Offense:
Laser Pistol +5 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Quirk (Closed to the Supernatural)- Nega-Psychics cannot be communicated with, even in a positive manner, but Communication (Mental), unless they specifically concentrate to make it so.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 44 + Psionics / Defenses: 11 (118 + Psionics)

-The Nega-Psychic is quite peculiar, and seems to be from another Palladium game, as they mention how "usually" they are psionic beings who manage to nullify Psionics through sheer disbelief. The book then indicates that on Rifts Earth, such denial isn't possible given how wild the world has become, so instead their dislike of Psionics fuels their abilities. These men and women simply refuse to believe that Psionics can control, dominate or destroy them, and their convictions combine with their powers to render them immune to most psionics. They are "defiant, impudent rebels" who thumb their noses at supernatural monsters, and are zealots in the defense of personal freedom and the sanctity of life.

-Nega-Psychics introduce a new thing- being able to use P.P.E. to neutralize the magic spells of others. You can spend multiples of 3 (3, 6, 9, etc.), and it will neutralize three times that number in P.P.E. of a spell another Wizard is using to cast a spell. Oftentimes, this will cause him to fail the spell and waste the P.P.E.! So those Wizards must anticipate this and spend MORE points, hoping they can still beat the Nega-Psychics. They only average like 20-30 P.P.E. at early levels, so this can't be used super-often, but it's an interesting chess match of sorts in Rifts. Otherwise they're pretty simple dudes- low-tier Psychics with only a handful of abilities and Immunities (though they mess with a lot of Psionic-type detection powers). No bonuses to attack, but some defensive ones. A few more skills than Bursters & Mind Melters get, though- they're primarily Demon-Fighters.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: Nega-Psychic

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:47 am -The Nega-Psychic is quite peculiar, and seems to be from another Palladium game, as they mention how "usually" they are psionic beings who manage to nullify Psionics through sheer disbelief.
Yeah, they're a version of a class from Beyond the Supernatural, the horror game that was a precursor to Rifts in a lot of ways, introducing the P.P.E. concept, notably.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
JDRook

Re: Nega-Psychic

Post by JDRook »

Davies wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:57 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:47 am -The Nega-Psychic is quite peculiar, and seems to be from another Palladium game, as they mention how "usually" they are psionic beings who manage to nullify Psionics through sheer disbelief.
Yeah, they're a version of a class from Beyond the Supernatural, the horror game that was a precursor to Rifts in a lot of ways, introducing the P.P.E. concept, notably.
Quite a lot of the psychic stuff is straight out of Beyond the Supernatural, with most of the individual powers unedited since then, although they did slap on a few things regarding Mega-Damage occasionally. And as Davies mentioned, the introduced PPE, the magic system (again with minimal editing), ISP, and different OCCs like Nega-Psychic and Psi-Mechanic (a psychic precursor to Techno-Wizardry).

Nega-Psychics were always an interesting concept, being unconsciously protected by their disbelief, but I don't know how successful they would be to actually play. IIRC, I saw one NPC nega-psychic in one of the sourcebooks, but the PC didn't seem to be written as a "non-believer", so the fact that they removed that aspect for Rifts characters may have been a playability choice.
Jabroniville

Psi-Druid

Post by Jabroniville »

PSI-DRUID R.C.C.
Role:
Animal Helpers, Super-Hobos, Community Assistance
PL 7 (87 + Psionics)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 10 (+10)
Expertise (Animal Handling) 8 (+10)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)
Treatment 6 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Weather Senses" Senses 4 (Precognition) (Flaws: Limited to Weather, Limited to One Day) [1]
"Dowsing" Senses 2 (Detect Water- Ranged) [2]
"See Plant & Animal Auras" Senses 3 (Detect Nature- Ranged & Analytical) (Flaws: Limited to Animals & Plants) [2]
"Empathic Animal Friendship" Features 2: Animals Accept Them as One of Their Own, All Animals Allow Druid to Ride Them) [2]
"Heal Plants & Animal Life" Healing 6 (Flaws: Limited to Plants & Animals) [6]

"Psionics" (Psychic Diagnosis, Healing Touch, Psychic Surgery, Clairvoyance, Empathy, Mind Block, Psychic Omni-Sight; +2 from both Healing & Sensitive, +2 per level, Super-Psionics at 5 different levels)

Equipment:
"Laser Pistol" Blast 7 (14)

Offense:
Laser Pistol +5 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3 (+8 Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 13 + Psionics / Defenses: 8 (87 + Psionics)

-Hey, look- something unique! Psi-Druids are like the dumb Druids from Rifts England that nobody uses, but PSYCHIC instead of magical! They are typically non-violent, and move about helping animals and humans as wandering do-gooders. They help farmers, laborers, field-workers, etc. They're in such high demand that some communities will offer high wages as well as room & board to any who reside there, but most live nomadic lives.

-Psi-Druids have a TON of base Skills, but almost all of them are just "Survival" because Palladium likes to make things like sewing or botany completely separate skills. They've got CRAP for secondary Skills, though, picking only four from the list and getting a pittance of others. They've also got no bonuses to attack or defense. I imagine these guys are very helpful, and are an ideal "Kevin S Heroic Hobo" O.C.C., but aren't really fighters at all.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Xombies! Burster! Mind Melter! Nega-Psychic!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Psi-Druids make good NPC "Quest-givers" in Rifts as their naturally good-aligned healers that the PC will want to help. But for GODDESS SAKE, don't give 'em a creepy voice or your players'll kill 'em outta reflex ....

Nega-Psychics are intresting takes on the "Non-believers" trope seen in several Horror movies(Hence why they were in Beyond the Supernatural). In point-of fact, you could argue that the first Matrix movie was a Psionic commune on a Recruitment binge, with Agent Smith as a Nega-Psychic....
Jabroniville

Psi-Ghost

Post by Jabroniville »

PSI-GHOST R.C.C.
Role:
Stealthy Psychics, Secret Society
PL 7 (102 + Psionics)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Stealth 6 (+9)
Technology 5 (+6)
Treatment 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Heightened Presence Sense" Senses 5 (Detect Intelligent Life- Ranged, Radius, Accurate) [5]
"The Jitters" Senses 4 (Detect Surveillance- Ranged, Accurate) (Flaws: Limited to When It's Targetting Them) [2]
"Intangibility" Insubstantial 4 (Flaws: Not Against Gas Attacks/Electricity Does Half-Damage) [16]

"Psionics" (Psionic Invisibility, Deaden Senses, Mind Block, Nightvision, Object Read, Machine Ghost, Telemechanics; 5 from Sensitive/Physical)

Equipment:

Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:
Responsibility/Hatred (Psi-Ghosts)- Psi-Ghosts have formed a fraternity of sorts, based around the fact that they are often targetted by others, frightened or jealous of their powers. They will still fight against each other, but will not betray each other to outsiders.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 23 + Psionics / Defenses: 8 (102 + Psionics)

-Psi-Ghosts are Psychics with a focus towards stealth- they become master spies and thieves, using their powers to actually become INTANGIBLE, which is actually a very rare power in Rifts. They are almost all human mutants, and the powers descend down family lines. The powers simply appeared mysteriously some day, and nobody knows where they came from. They were quickly attacked by rivals when a community formed, so now they are scattered to the winds, usually acting as mercenaries.

-Psi-Ghosts have a handful of regular Psionic powers, but specialize in the "Intangibility" one, allowing them to pass through walls and the like. They have a couple of weaknesses to certain kinds of attacks, and can't truly become invisible, but they are "Specter-like" and are very stealthy. Mainly, this type of character is keyed in as an elite spy more than anything else.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Didn't they do Intangibility in Heroes/Villians Unlimited first Jab?
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:42 am Didn't they do Intangibility in Heroes/Villians Unlimited first Jab?
It's been a superpower in HU since it was first published, but it's never been an OCC trait AFAIK.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:42 am Didn't they do Intangibility in Heroes/Villians Unlimited first Jab?
Yeah, I think they did every super power in that one. But I don’t know if I’ve seen it in Rifts before. Can even Magic do it?

Just searching this thread, I see the Infiltrator Automoton, Phantom RCC, and Ghost Dragon are the only things that can do it, the first only in bursts and the Phantom being limited. There’s also a Temporal Magic spell that can.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 am
Yeah, I think they did every super power in that one. But I don’t know if I’ve seen it in Rifts before. Can even Magic do it?

Just searching this thread, I see the Infiltrator Automoton, Phantom RCC, and Ghost Dragon are the only things that can do it, the first only in bursts and the Phantom being limited. There’s also a Temporal Magic spell that can.
That's what i thought as well. Before MnM took my intrest, i'd mainly played Heroes/Villians Unlimited, Marvel Superheroes(FASERIP), & DC Universe when it came to Superhero games. I had an intresting combo Universe going(it was a combo of HU,VU,Ninjas & Superspies and Mystic China in one "Wheel" while DC and Marvel made the other) before i moved back to Kentucky from Tennessee. In fact, the first Wheel is what i'm basing PALLADIUM STUDIOS on...
Sidious

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Nega-Psychic! Psi-Druid! Psi-Ghost!)

Post by Sidious »

Don't forget Phase World has devices that can make the user go intangible.
I think there may be a race in Aliens Unlimited (Manarrs?) that can do it or it was just the character I had at the time.
Jabroniville

Psi-Nullifier

Post by Jabroniville »

PSI-NULLIFIER R.C.C.
Role:
Anti-Psychics, Anti-Wizards
PL 7 (143 + Psionics), PL 10 (143 + Psionics) Nullifiers
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Lore- pick one) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 3 (+3)
Treatment 1 (+1)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Null Void"
Concealment 2 (Psionic Senses) [4]
Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Magic) [10]
Immunity 2 (Vampire Powers) [2]

"Psi-Nullification & Interference"
Nullify Psionics 10 (Extras: Broad, Effortless, Perception-Ranged +2, Reaction +3) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Attacking From 100 Feet/Standing Within 10 Feet) (60) -- [61]
  • AE: Nullify Magic 8 (Extras: Broad, Effortless, Perception-Ranged +2, Reaction +3) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day, Limited to Attacking From 100 Feet/Standing Within 10 Feet) (50)
"Psionics" (Mind Block, Mind Block Auto-Defense, Psychic Purification, Psychic Omni-Sight, Sixth Sense, Alter Aura, +2 from Sensitive/Healing; 1 each level from Physical/Healing & Super-Psionics at ever other level)

Equipment:

Offense:
Nullification -- (+8-10 Nullify, DC 18-20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 67 + Psionics / Defenses: 8 (143 + Psionics)

-Psi-Nullifiers are... an unnecessary alternate kind of "Nega-Psychic", even MORE based around Nullification. I mean, they're both pretty much in the same wheelhouse, to the point where it looks like they couldn't decide which way to take the concept, and just went with both. They copy the Anti-Magic nature of the Nega-Psychic, but make it more reactive and automatic- they will nullify Magic & Psionics within ten feet of themselves, or anything targeted at themselves. The powers come from an early reaction to Magic or Psionics, typically in youth- their desire to resist whatever may have traumatized them turns them into powerful nullifiers. The Coalition are said to have recognized this almost immediately, and have created an inhumane program to target reactive psychic youths and turn them into Psi-Nullifiers- they have a 72% success rate, but most of the wash-outs either become something else, or go insane.

-Psi-Nullifiers can take away Magic at a 1-1 ration, giving up 1 I.S.P. for every 1 P.P.E. countered, or 1-3, taking 3 I.S.P. away from other Psionics. So they're less specialized against Wizards, but more disruptive towards Psychics. This is tricky to stat, as it's reactive (ie. Reaction +3), but doesn't need an attack roll (ie. Perception-Ranged/Area), but can be boosted (so needs a higher base level to showcase "spending more points"), and it's either attacks targetting YOU, or attacks going off within ten feet (so a random "Limited"). Their skill selection is pretty good (seven Secondary Skills), and they have a handful of regular powers, too. Plus they're immune to EVERY kind of Mental Attack, pretty much- a highly-survivable, but very specific, kind of Defensive Class.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Psi-Slayer

Post by Jabroniville »

PSI-SLAYER R.C.C.
Role:
Psychic Assassins
PL 7 (87 + Psionics, Bonuses & Extra Powers)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 6 (+9)
Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+8)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+7)
Technology 5 (+6)
Treatment 2 (+3)
Vehicles 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Gun, Armor, Gear & Supplies), Ranged Attack 1, Tracking

Powers:
"Minimal Food Requirements" Immunity 2 (Starvation & Thirst) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
"Drain P.P.E." Weaken Powers 10 (Flaws: Limited to Psionics & Magic Creatures, Limited to Bleeding Victims) [3]

"Second-Level Bonuses"
(pick one)
AWA +1 (2)
PRE +1 (2)
FIGHTING +2 & Ranged Attack 2 (6)
Improved Initiative (1)
Extra I.S.P.

"Psionics" (Psychic Body Field- Super, Detect Psionics, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, Intuitive Combat, Mask I.S.P., Mask Psionics, Mind Block, +2 trom Healing, Sensitive, Physical & Mind Bleeder)

"Psionic Powers Exclusive to the Psi-Slayer"
(pick two)
"Sleepwalk" Mind Control 8 (Flaws: Limited to Exhausted/Asleep Victims, Limited to Sleepwalking & Simple Commands) (16)
"Locate & Track Mark" Senses 4 (Detect Mind- Ranged 2, Tracking) (Feats: Surpasses Mind Block) (Quirks: Requires Piece of Body or Recently-Worn Clothing) (4)
"Telekinetic Air Walk" Flight 1 (Flaws: Limited to 1/3 Walking Speed) (1)
"Psi-Dagger" Damage 6 (6)

Equipment:

Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:
Obsession (The Hunt)- Psi-Slayers are born killers who love nothing more than to hunt and kill other creatures. They even require P.P.E. to live.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 4 + Psionics, Bonuses & Extra Powers / Defenses: 8 (87 + Psionics, Bonuses & Extra Powers)

-Yup- now we get to a "Psychic Assassin" archetype. They get a big story about a guy tracking down a Juicer and another guy, getting the Juicer to kill his own brother before being brought down- proof that these guys can solo other groups. The book gives them a LOT of hype- declares them to be the second-deadliest assassins in the world next to Sunaj Assassins, and in line with Juicers, 'Borgs, Archmages & Gunslingers (... really?) as the deadliest warriors alive- prospective Mind Melters turned instead to hunting humanoid prey. They are said to be trained to LOVE killing, and even the few good-aligned ones are vengeful fight-seekers who love the thrill of the hunt. Nearly all Psi-Slayers are wild adventurers who never settle down, and see the elite fighters of the world as either dangerous rivals or fun competition.

-So with all of that hype, can the Psi-Slayer live up to it? Well, MAYBE? The R.C.C. certainly has a ton of options. Some solid extra powers to choose from, good bonuses at Level 2 (an extra attack!), very versatile Psionics, and even a good skillset keyed around killing people. They're a very, very good baseline class. But I don't see them taking out Juicers at first level, much less 'Borgs. An elite enough one can have some good Mind Control mojo going on, at least. Plus it's the only non-Mind Bleeder to get "Mind Bleeder Stuff", if that's your bag.
Jabroniville

Psi-Tech

Post by Jabroniville »

PSI-TECH R.C.C.
Role:
Tech-Psychics
PL 7 (83 + Psionics)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 2 (+1)
Intimidation 2 (+1)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 8 (+9)
Treatment 2 (+3)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Gun, Armor, Gear & Supplies), Ranged Attack 1, Skill Mastery (Technology, Ultimate Technology Skill

Powers:
"Telemechanics"
Enhanced Skills 6: Technology +6 (Flaws: Requires Item) [2]
Comprehend 2 (Machines) [4]

"Machine & Electrical Diagnosis" Senses 4 (Machine Sense- Acute & Analytical) (Flaws: Limited to Breakdown Causes) [2]

"Soup-Up Machines"
Enhanced Speed +1 (Extras: Affects Others Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Machines) [0.5]
Enhanced Protection +1 (Extras: Affects Others Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Machines) [0.5]
Quickness 2 (Flaws: Limited to Jury-Rigging) [1]

"Mental Link to Machines"
Enhanced Fighting 2 (Flaws: Limited to While Piloting Robot/Vehicle) [2]
Enhanced Advantages 2: Ranged Attack 2 (Flaws: Limited to While Piloting Robot/Vehicle) [1]
Speed & Leaping 0.5 (Flaws: Limited to While Piloting Robot/Vehicle) [1]

"Psionics" (Telemechanic Mental Operation, Telemechanic Paralysis, Telemechanic Possession, Machine Ghost, Object Read, Speed Reading, Total Recall, +2 Sensitive powers)

Equipment:

Offense:
When Piloting +7 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:
Responsibility/Hatred (Psi-Ghosts)- Psi-Ghosts have formed a fraternity of sorts, based around the fact that they are often targetted by others, frightened or jealous of their powers. They will still fight against each other, but will not betray each other to outsiders.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 14 + Psionics / Defenses: 8 (83 + Psionics)

-Psi-Techs are Psychics with an innate understanding of technology- effectively the Operator O.C.C. but with Psionics. Wow, the book actually outright states that. They are tech-gods who can read, operate, and fix any technology by literally becoming ONE with the machine, but have the side-effect of generally being uncultured weirdos. The book points out they're uncomfortable around ordinary people- "especially women"- and play host to a ton of other nerd stereotypes. Some have evil alter-egos or communicate mostly via machine, sort of predicting internet dweebs by a few years. All in all, this is a pretty cool, interesting class- "Tech Guru" isn't exactly a rare concept in Rifts, but making a Psychic sub-class devoted entirely to not only knowing gear, but improving it, is a stand-out.

-Psi-Techs are ordinary, but low-PRE, individuals, but their Tech-related stuff is actually very impressive. Most of their Psionics goes to Tech-specific things, they gain an improved, free version of Telemechanics (it costs nothing to use it), they can automatically sense the issue in whatever they're trying to fix, they enhanced any piece of tech they're working on (making it faster and more durable), and they pile on +1 attack and some good speed increases on anything they're PILOTING, too. So they're actually really powerful in a SAMAS suit or something like that.