Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (White Tiger 'Borg! Holocaust 'Borg!)

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:13 pm This was always my favorite version of a Cosmo Knight. For M&M, i always thought of him as around PL 11-13(depending on how long said Knight was in service). I was just never in a level appropriate party to make him. :(
Jab put his build of the Cosmo-Knight at PL 13; my build was PL 15.

I went with a much “heavier” armor and higher damage bonus than Jab.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
marcoasalazarm

Re: Aftermath 'Borg

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:54 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:52 am Image

AFTERMATH 'BORG (Cyborg Shocktrooper)
Role:
Elite Cyborg Soldier
His chainsaw has an attached bayonet. That is so gloriously, idiotically, amazingly, stupidly, wonderfully, unaesthetically, beautifully, nonsensically cool.

Like... you can sum up a lot about the design and tone of WH40k by saying “chainsaw swords.” It just encapsulates so much.

But RIFTS® has to dial this up to “11” with chainsaws that have bayonets.
Well... if it was my design, that bayonet would be a grappling hook a la Scorpion.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Aftermath 'Borg

Post by Ares »

marcoasalazarm wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:11 am
Batgirl III wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:54 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:52 am Image

AFTERMATH 'BORG (Cyborg Shocktrooper)
Role:
Elite Cyborg Soldier
His chainsaw has an attached bayonet. That is so gloriously, idiotically, amazingly, stupidly, wonderfully, unaesthetically, beautifully, nonsensically cool.

Like... you can sum up a lot about the design and tone of WH40k by saying “chainsaw swords.” It just encapsulates so much.

But RIFTS® has to dial this up to “11” with chainsaws that have bayonets.
Well... if it was my design, that bayonet would be a grappling hook a la Scorpion.
Now THAT would be both functional and frickin awesome.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Holocaust, Avenging Angel & Assassin 'Borgs!)

Post by Batgirl III »

What’s really odd about Palladium’s designs for robots, cyborgs, powered armor, and whatnot is that they almost always have a half-dozen (or more) weapon systems on them... But several will be markedly inferior to others, usually with some sort of in-universe explanation (“This is the primary anti-vehicle gun, this is an anti-infantry backup, this is an anti-aircraft option, etc.”) but the game mechanics give zero reason to ever use the lesser weapons. There’s never much mechanical reason to use anything but the highest Mega-Damage dealing option apart from maybe some of them having limited ammo... But usually you carry enough ammo to lay waste to a small city (or it’s an energy weapon hooked to a fusion reactor with nigh-infinite ammo) so even that’s kind of pointless.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Holocaust, Avenging Angel & Assassin 'Borgs!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:01 am What’s really odd about Palladium’s designs for robots, cyborgs, powered armor, and whatnot is that they almost always have a half-dozen (or more) weapon systems on them... But several will be markedly inferior to others, usually with some sort of in-universe explanation (“This is the primary anti-vehicle gun, this is an anti-infantry backup, this is an anti-aircraft option, etc.”) but the game mechanics give zero reason to ever use the lesser weapons. There’s never much mechanical reason to use anything but the highest Mega-Damage dealing option apart from maybe some of them having limited ammo... But usually you carry enough ammo to lay waste to a small city (or it’s an energy weapon hooked to a fusion reactor with nigh-infinite ammo) so even that’s kind of pointless.
Yeah I note that a lot with a billion superfluous Blasts on everything (which makes translating builds over super-annoying). I think it's a few factors:

1) Kevin is a weirdo who is obsessed with detailing every little thing on the art (note how often tiny holes in the armor are "Missile Launchers").

2) Kevin is a weirdo who likes adding hardware upon hardware to everything, as this is what he thinks fans want.

3) The art actually SHOWS most of those weapons, so there's this idea that you have to include the stuff.

4) Palladium can't differentiate between weapons for shit, so everything is just lesser versions of Blasts with nothing unique (few "Sniper" or "Multiattack" or "does more damage to X" or "is more accurate against Y" options). Even when the description says it's for that.

5) Kevin is a weirdo who assumes that everyone is going to play his games by specifically targeting all of the weapons to disable a character and THEN go in for the kill, so everyone needs "back-up" to prevent that. Even though said tactic is only really a valid thing against Glitter Boys who have one type of easily-hit, super-destructive weapon.

So... Kevin is a weirdo.
Jabroniville

Mantis 'Borg

Post by Jabroniville »

I almost wanna buy this book just for this picture.

MANTIS 'BORG (Cyborg Shocktrooper)
Role:
Elite Cyborg Soldier
PL 11 (174)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Expertise (Soldier) 7 (+7)
Intimidation 10 (+10)
Perception 3 (+3)
Persuasion 2 (+2)
Stealth 3 (+4)
Technology 3 (+3)
Treatment 2 (+2)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit 1 (Respected Hero of Russia), Equipment 6 (Rail Gun +13), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Cybernetics"
Features 5: Gyro-Compass, Gas Filtration, Oxygen Storage Cell, May Use Feet as Hands, Voice Synthesizer [5]
Communication (CyberLink) 2 (Extras: Area, Selective) [12]
Comprehend (Languages) 2 [4]
"Light Cyborg Armor" Protection 9 (Extras: Impervious 9) [18]
Senses 3 (Extended & Low-Light Vision, Extended Hearing) [3]
"Psionic Dampers" Enhanced Will 2 (Flaws: Limited to vs. Psionics) [1]

Speed 6 (120 mph) (6) -- [8]
AE: Leaping 4 (120 feet) (4)
AE: Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling) (4)

Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

"Forearm Laser Battery" Blast 13 (Feats: Split, Extended Range 2) (29) -- [30]
  • AE: "Forearm Vibro-Blades" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (11)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Vibro-Blades +8 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Rifle +8 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Laser Array +8 (+13 Ranged Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+14 Cyborg Armor), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Defense of Russia)
Responsibility (The Camp)
Responbility (Inhuman)- These Cyborgs are so enormous that they cannot pass for normal people, and some feel very detached from humanity.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 84 / Defenses: 8 (174)

-Okay, this one looks AWESOME. Just a frightening, crouching cyborg death machine with the iconic "Mantis Stance". With like 8,000 scratches because Perez gotta Perez, lol. It's said to be a silent assasin 'Borg like Seriyev's other one, but the stats make it a lot weaker overall- fewer bonuses to hit and less weapons in general, and the boosts to stealth are pretty low-yield. Hilariously, it has a Rail Gun-tier Laser Battery... in the tiny holes beneath its wrists. Meaning if it pushes its wrists down at the wrong time the 'Borg will blow off its own hands. Overall, Mantis 'Borgs are PL 11.
Jabroniville

Demonfist 'Borg

Post by Jabroniville »

"Is this a serious design or are you just making fun of our setting?"
"... yes?"

DEMONFIST 'BORG (Cyborg Shocktrooper)
Role:
Elite Cyborg Soldier
PL 12 (177)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Expertise (Soldier) 7 (+7)
Intimidation 10 (+10)
Perception 3 (+3)
Persuasion 2 (+2)
Technology 3 (+3)
Treatment 2 (+2)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit 1 (Respected Hero of Russia), Equipment 6 (Rail Gun +13), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Cybernetics"
Features 3: Gyro-Compass, Gas Filtration, Oxygen Storage Cell [3]
Communication (CyberLink) 2 (Extras: Area, Selective) [12]
Comprehend (Languages) 2 [4]
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Light Cyborg Armor" Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious 9) [19]
Senses 3 (Extended & Low-Light Vision, Extended Hearing) [3]

Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

"Shoulder Plasma Ejector Cannons" Blast 14 (Feats: Extended Range 2) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (38) -- [40]
  • AE: "Vibro-Blades" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (12)
  • AE: "Chemical Spray" Any Affliction/Weakness
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Vibro-Blades +7 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Rifle +7 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Ejector Cannons +7 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+15 Cyborg Armor), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Defense of Russia)
Responsibility (The Camp)
Responbility (Inhuman)- These Cyborgs are so enormous that they cannot pass for normal people, and some feel very detached from humanity.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 91 / Defenses: 9 (177)

-Brutish Warlord Sokolov gives us the Demonfist, which has organic-looking spikes all over the shoulders, wrists and legs. With 650 M.D.C., the Demonfist 'Borg actually justifies the "walking tank" description, but it's still "only" +15 Toughness. With modest modifiers to combat, it hits PL 10-12 most of the time, with Vibro-Blades actually ADDING to its strength, unlike how they usually work- this makes them the rare Vibro-Blades that do "Rail Gun" damage.
Jabroniville

Russian Gear

Post by Jabroniville »

The wildly disparate "Interesting vs. Boring" designs you'll be seeing here.

RUSSIAN GEAR:
-Your mandatory "pages and pages of bikes & stuff" part of the book. Here it's a lot of Arctic gear, including an Arctic Hoverbike (+10 Toughness), Snow-Jetsled (+9), Three-Man Landcrawler (+10), Explorer (+11), Bear ATV (+10), Heavy Snowmobile (+9), Bushbike (+10, has weak weapons, but still an arsenal), and 'Borgbike (+11, has a +13 Rail Gun & +9-12 Lance and is mainly used by Reaver Cavalry & Heavy 'Borgs). Oh, and even more! The small Landflier (+10), Warrior Assault Hoversled (+12, Blast 13 Rail Gun), War Chariot monster truck w/ platform (+15, but only the pilot is protected with a +11 shield- has a +14 Rail Gun), War Wagon with no art (+17- great hardware and even does +13 damage with vehicle ramming), Warthrone hover platform designed as ego-boosts for Warlords (+17, but only the pilot is protected), and the Wingrider Flying Wing (included in my Wingrider O.C.C. build- +10 Toughness). Most of these vehicles get armaments of some kind that vary greatly in quality, but this being a 1998-era book, expect anything decent to have Rail Guns on it (+12-14 Damage).

ARMOR:
* I dunno why the armor is in a different section than the vehicles this time, aside from that it's Rifts and why would they be predictable like that? Thankfully, most of this is also drawn by Ramon Perez. SCRATCHES EVERYWHERE!

"Horse Barding": Toughness +10.

"Homemade M.D.C. Armor": +8 Toughness.
-Pretty common hodgepodge stuff.

"Trapper Body Armor": +8 Toughness.
-No penalties for movement.

"Sovietski Red Star Medium Body Armor": +9 Toughness.
-The standard Sovietski gear.

"Battleforge Body Armor": +9 Toughness.
-Common among Warlord camps.

"Bear Body Armor": Toughness +10.
-Big, burly body armor.

Which Wolverine cover did he trace for this?

"Lynx Body Armor": Toughness +8, Blades +9-11 (+1 Parry).
-Cool, scrappy body armor with spiky forearm blades.

"Cyborg Battle Armor": +9-12 Toughness.
-Cyborg Battle Armor is one of the big "Gamebreakers" in Rifts, and is pretty typical here- massive boosts to M.D.C. to beings that are INHERENTLY M.D.C. already, so the pile up Glitter Boy-tier durability.

"Minsky Mekanikal Explorer Exoframe": +11 Toughness, +8 Fists, +10 Laser, 12 feet tall.
-A big walker exoframe right out of Aliens.

GUNS:
-UGH- I forgot that since this is an isolated part of the world it "needs" all its own gear. So there's guns galore. Page after page of them. There are Shields that boost durability against energy blasts (this mostly just saves you from having to "dodge" in Palladium-speak and thus waste an attack doing so, but M&M has little comparison to that), plus "Rigs" that let human-strength dudes carry heavy armaments. Now there's guns +8-12, Rail Guns doing +10-15 damage and a ton of Missile Launchers. That so much of this is now regular gear is a sign of just how much the Post-Carella era of "Power Creep" has hit, as now regular troops can easily carry 5D6 Mega-Damage weapons in their hands, and a regular, "popular" Ion Pistol does 4D6 (about +11 damage in M&M).
Jabroniville

Warlords Bestiary

Post by Jabroniville »

BESTIARY:
-Oh hey! Buried near the back of the book is the Bestiary- mostly a handful of cool Perez-drawn animals that are just sorta like Earth animals but M.D.C. and a little different. This hilariously pretty much just has the role of "You can be a Knight, but your mount doesn't suck", as a variety are ridden beasts that are horse-shaped.
Jabroniville

Megahorse

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGAHORSE
Role:
Knightly Steed
PL 11 (93)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 2 (+3)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+4, +5 Size)
Perception 6 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Attractive (To Women), Close Combat 3, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Hooves), Improved Initiative, Power Attack

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision, Radius Sight) [3]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]

"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Reach) [4]
Protection 2 [2]

"Psionics" (Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sense Time, Empathy, Telepathy, Mask I.S.P. & Psionics, Mind Block, Telekinetic Push & Psionic Invisibility)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +11, Fortitude +9, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Horses cannot speak to humans, nor use their hooves to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 17 + Psionics / Defenses: 15 (93)

-Megahorses are huge (50% larger than normal horses), intelligent M.D.C. horses that look to be "sculpted out of pure white marble", making them the favorite of Cossacks, Bogatyr and others. They cannot be broken, and have human-level intelligence (1D4+6, so a bit below normal). They're shockingly durable and hard-hitting, though hilariously making PL 10.5, which is notably more powerful than many of the O.C.C.s that ride them! I built this one as Level 2, because they gain a fourth attack at that low point.
Jabroniville

Horned Steed

Post by Jabroniville »

HORNED STEED
Role:
Superfluous Extra Mega-Horse
PL 9 (81)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 2 (+3)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+4, +5 Size)
Perception 6 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Attractive (To Women), Close Attack 2, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Hooves), Improved Initiative, Power Attack

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision, Radius Sight) [3]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]

"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +9, Fortitude +9, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Horses cannot speak to humans, nor use their hooves to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 13 (81)

-These horned horse-like creatures are an unnecessary superfluous extra horse, having horse-like traits but of course being a Mega-Damage creature. Millions live in Eastern Asia, and they've been domesticated by the Cossacks, War Knights and others. They aren't as hard-hitting or accurate as Megahorses, nor as smart- they're effectively an extra option- an "upgraded horse" morer than a sentient secondary character.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Mantis & Demonfist 'Borgs! Megahorse!)

Post by Batgirl III »

Megahorse! Megahorse!
Megahorse! Megahorse!
He rides across the nation,
The thoroughbred of sin,
He might communicate,
If you speak Russian.
Do your MDC calculations, before the game begins
A humongous gun, a magic field of force
(Autododge would be nice of course)

Megahorse! Megahorse!
Megahorse! Megahorse!
The alien intelligence of evil is watching so beware
The campaign will get started at last, the GM swears,
So make the Megahorse gleeful, or he’ll make you his mare.
You’re saddled up, there’s no recourse (MOAR MEGADAMAGE!)
Signed: Megahorse.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Mantis & Demonfist 'Borgs! Megahorse!)

Post by MacynSnow »

.....THAT was Awesome. :shock:
Jabroniville

Burkov Mastodon

Post by Jabroniville »

See, this is why Dino-Riders figures came with ladders.

BURKOV MASTODON- FEMALE
Role:
Giant Animal, Supreme Mount
PL 11 (96)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 9 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+7)
Insight 1 (+2)
Intimidation 12 (+9, +11 Size)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Grab, Last Stand, Startle, Takedown, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Extended Hearing) [3]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Arctic) [2]
Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]

"Natural Size" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Reach 2) [5]
"Thick Layer of Skin" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 7) [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+11 Damage, DC 24)
Tusks +8 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +10 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +6

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Mastodons cannot speak to humans, nor use their feet to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 22 (96)

BURKOV MASTODON- FEMALE
Role:
Giant Animal, Supreme Mount
PL 12 (99)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 9 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+7)
Insight 1 (+2)
Intimidation 12 (+9, +11 Size)
Perception 5 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Grab, Last Stand, Startle, Takedown, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Extended Hearing) [3]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]

"Natural Size" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Reach 2) [5]
"Thick Layer of Skin" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 7) [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Tusks +10 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +10 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +6

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Mastodons cannot speak to humans, nor use their feet to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 23 (99)

-This is a pretty cool alien design by Ramon Perez- rather than looking like an Earth creature plus a bit, it seems genuinely ALIEN, while also being kind of possible. It's sort of like a giant, furry tapir with tusks coming out the sides of its head. A justifiable "Alien Monster" now living in the Russian Steppe. They have a pretty small bio, but are elephant-like, easily-trained, and several thousand have been domesticated. Solid "flavor text" creature.

-Burkov Mastodons are incredibly powerful creatures, but somewhat light on M.D.C.- about what a human in Heavy Armor would have. Males have an additional attack, while females do a bit more damage. Females are thus PL 11 and stronger, but males are PL 12 and more accurate- both are less than PL 10 defensively, however.
Jabroniville

Steppe Ostrich

Post by Jabroniville »

STEPPE OSTRICH
Role:
Arctic Bird
PL 11 (76)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+3)
Perception 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Close Attack 3, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Kick), Improved Initiative

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Extended & Low-Light Vision, Ultravision) [3]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]

"Powerful Kick" Strength-Damage +5 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Kick +11 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +3

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Birds cannot speak to humans, nor use their talons to easily manipulate objects.
Responsibility ("Chicken")- Steppe Ostriches are cowards who will run from any foe that puts up too much of a fight.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 11 (76)

-Another odd alien creature is the arctic-adapted "Steppe Ostrich", likely an alien creature. They are often used as riding animals, and others for food. Their attacks make them shockingly-powerful- PL 11 overall (four attacks and +4 to hit, plus +11 damage), but they're less durable and are said to be cowardly.