The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by jmucchiello »

"Um, I don't think actual fire is a good idea in an old forest," Adeleth says. "It might anger the locals, the government, popular opinion."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Wellll. I did have an idea of having the head priest at the temple bless the water-tanks as well." Amy conceded and thought. "Maybe bring some super-soakers and bio-degradable balloons just in case. There's less chance of collateral damage that way." she offered. "Fire's good, but you're right, the risk of it getting outta hand is too great." she acknowledged.

"Having some extra ranged options though is never a bad thing, especially when you're potentially up against the walking dead." she said as she added a hose attachment as well as the water balloons/super-soakers to the list and crossing out the flares. If she couldn't have fire, this was the next best thing.

ooc
Blessed water filled balloons are your friend. :twisted:
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 2; Current Condition: Fine
jmucchiello wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:37 pm "If you do not have a two-way communication with something, how can you say you met them?" Adeleth says. "A meeting should at a minimum contain an exchange of words or even just glances. Passing by something is not meeting them."
"Yes!" agrees Lilly. "I would like to see them physically, perhaps talk to them, not just feel that someone like me is in the vicinity!"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

An evil though exciting thought came to her. "We could bring those magic bunch of balloon things for quick fills." she offered.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

"I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about!" says Lilly, confused.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I thought it was just me," Adeleth says nodding at Lilly.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Sorry, I was thinking out loud. You know those bunch of balloons you can get that can be quick filled with a hose? I was thinking of using that in conjunction with the holy water. I know that Viv and Lilly don't have much in the way that can affect stuff like that decay creature and undead in general, so the balloons in conjunction with the super-soakers ought to give them a bit of an edge."

Amy explained. "It was an idea I was kicking around, instead of the flare guns and stuff, because you're right. Flare guns and explosions in a forest are kinda a bad idea." she chuckled. "But holy water water balloons that are biodegradable and super-soakers filled with holy water are a bit more forest-friendly. And they do the job just as well."

She sighed. "My shrink is always on me about my love for incendiaries..."

"In any case... My biggest guess of things going fubar will probably be vampires or the Natives First morons. That and one group or another in the were-wolf congregation deciding to make a power grab for themselves. Which given the politics that's probably working there, is an all too real possibility." she looked at her notebook scowling. "Worse case scenario, is a re-enactment of the battle of five armies from Tolkien. Only with the left and right wing chuckle-mucks joining the fun." she chewed her pen reflectively. "I honestly think the left/right wingers are low on the list of potential party crashers myself."

ooc
Hey, she does listen! ;)

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
kirinke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:13 am "Sorry, I was thinking out loud. You know those bunch of balloons you can get that can be quick filled with a hose?
"No," says Lilly, shaking her head. "Though now you have said it I understand your point.
kirinke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:13 am "Worse case scenario, is a re-enactment of the battle of five armies from Tolkien. Only with the left and right wing chuckle-mucks joining the fun." she chewed her pen reflectively. "I honestly think the left/right wingers are low on the list of potential party crashers myself."
Lilly looks confused again. Then a thought seems to strike her. "If we are talking about using things that are blessed with divine power in some fashion, would it be possible for me to get some blessed gloves that would let me punch with divine power? That might be useful!"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Viv continued to fiddle with her phone, and to take mental notes- occasionally she would utter a brief "Uh huh" or "Okay", always the right time so it really seemed like she was actually paying attention (she was!). As the conversation began to wind down a bit, she perked up.

"We can continue the planning on the way there- it will take a while, and we are traveling together, after all. If we go with an SUV and camp trailer, Adeleth and I will have to split the driving, but that shouldn't be too much trouble, at least until we actually get out in the woods. That area does cater to tourists, after all. Besides, we don't want to set our plans to firmly just yet- not until we actually get there and see what the situation is really like, as opposed to what it was reported to be..." She looked around the group. "So lets meet back here in an hour- everyone pack whatever you have that is relevant- we'll hit an outdoor supply shop on our way for the rest..."

>OOC: Does the Ministry actually have vehicles that we can use, or are we going to have to rent something? (I just got back from a rather similar part of the US, though with less werewolves, so I'm not entirely sure my thoughts are coherent- but I wanted to get SOMETHING posted)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//They don't have a camp trailer or SUVs, but they will supply you with the funds needed to rent one without much fuss.

After an hour of packing, you meet up again and go about the business of procuring a suitable vehicle. After that, it's off to the Black Forest - which means a looooooong drive through pretty much the entire country with all that entails, including traffic jams, trucks blocking the entire road attempting to pass each other (the german term for that is " Elefantenrennen" - elephant race) and copious amounts of road rage.
That has not changed one bit since the Merge.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl packs the basics for a three day trip (including a roll of duct-tape) as well as getting the mentioned water balloons, hose and super-soakers. After that and before they left for the trip, she had the head priest of the temple she was staying in bless the water in the tanks.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

With help from some Ministry people in Hamburg Lilly packs essentially the same sort of things as Amy listed previously, then meets up with the others ready for their road trip.

At different points in the road trip, she teleports onto the roof of the SUV and rides there for a while before teleporting back inside; other people are welcome to join her if they want to! Then she does the same, but on the roofs of other vehicles on the road.

"It appears that these roads are one of the more Apokalips-like parts of your world," she comments after the first few times they encounter road rage on their trip.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"There is some thought that one of Hell's punishments is being stuck in traffic for all eternity." Amy noted. "Either that or an eternal line"

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

During her time as driver, Viv was careful and precise- no flash, but also no mistakes. It seemed to help when one had exceptional mental discipline, an unerring sense of direction, and perhaps just a bit of precognition...
Tony Jones wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:10 pm At different points in the road trip, she teleports onto the roof of the SUV and rides there for a while before teleporting back inside; other people are welcome to join her if they want to! Then she does the same, but on the roofs of other vehicles on the road.

The first time that Lilly tries this, or if she suggests it before actually doing so, Viv will pull the car over at the first reasonable opportunity and deliver a stern lecture, starting with "You are absolutely NOT to do this thing. You WILL cause a traffic accident, and the Ministry will be blamed for it. Do you understand?" It will be only after she has secured an agreement that she will resume driving. (If we can't teach Lilly "Punch Buggy Blue" we can teach her "Don't make me turn this car around") ;)

>OOC: She will switch her dynamic array almost entirely to her Hyper-Intuition while driving, including the "Charmed Life" Feature, and the Uncontrolled Precognition, which should help with the driving somewhat; she will leave off the Cold Read and Empathic Awareness and fill in with the Enhanced PRE from her Empathic Projection (if she DOES have to make a rude gesture to another driver, it will be an epic one...) She only has Vehicles +1 through Jack of All Trades, so she will not try any aggressive or complicated driving maneuvers...

>OOC2: Instead of "elephant racing" we only had to worry about trucks ignoring the (many) signs and getting stuck in the Notch https://www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessage/ ... -the-notch
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl chuckles after the lecture and tells Lilly. "Don't worry, I know a few games that'll pass the time." she said as she introduced her to "Tic-tac-toe" and other easily learned games as well as 99 bottles of beer on the wall and related sing-a-longs.

Battle Init