IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan nods.

He looks to the others as well. "If you guys think of any other questions feel free to chime in. And Sister Bright, if this brand on his chest sparks any memories let us know. Actually, Zasio, don't you speak their language? If so and he doesn't seem to respond to Common, you may have to translate. Let's see."

Aldan wakes the Goblin with splashes of water to the face delivered via ghostly hand. Let the goblin see it's dealing with a magic wielder. Aldan likewise bears the goblin's own knife openly.

"You there, answering us honestly is the best way you have of living through this afternoon. What is your name?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)
Actually, Zasio, don't you speak their language? If so and he doesn't seem to respond to Common, you may have to translate. Let's see."
"Yes, it would be no problem for me to translate if needed."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

During the entire trip over to the stables Kilian attempts to assure you that the stables are the worst possible location for keeping a goblin, first claiming that it's too old, too dark, and eventually complaining that the goblin would scare the horses.
It does sound a lot more believable when he starts talking about how blood might cause the horses to panic.

He doesn't make any real efforts to stop you, seeming too worried about offending Aldan. Though he does shoot Aldan some worried or annoyed looks when he thinks the elf can't see him.

After the goblin has been secured in ropes and water thrown in it's face a few times, it regains consciousness. It takes one look around, attempts to spit in Aldan's face, and starts chattering rapidly in a hostile manner at anybody close to him.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

The goblin receives a cupful of water to the face delivered by a spectral hand. After a few warnings in Common for the Goblin to calm down, Aldan will look to Zasio in askance of what the goblin is saying and how to proceed.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The end result of the water and slapping doesn't get the desired results. The goblin seems even more wild eyed than before and is starting to foam at the mouth from it's chattering and snarling.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
GM wrote:After the goblin has been secured in ropes and water thrown in it's face a few times, it regains consciousness. It takes one look around, attempts to spit in Aldan's face, and starts chattering rapidly in a hostile manner at anybody close to him.
Aldan wrote: The goblin receives a cupful of water to the face delivered by a spectral hand. After a few warnings in Common for the Goblin to calm down, Aldan will look to Zasio in askance of what the goblin is saying and how to proceed.
"He is insulting you in a wide variety of ways in addition to saying how he is going to eat several of our hearts, faces, kidneys, and other organs. He appears to have taken a strong disliking of you Aldan, and he is not overly fond of elves in general. There is also a threat of a Snake God devouring our souls, which is the part he seems happiest about telling us."

Zasio looks around at the group as he adds. "It would be more terrifying if the goblin could keep things straight, as he loses track of who or what he was talking about as he raves on."

"What bothers me the most is that he doesn't seem to be frightened or worried. Normally at this point most goblins would be panicking, groveling, begging or just whining in an attempt to get freedom or at least assure they won't be killed. However, this goblin is unusually aggressive, and seems to be having problems keeping focused or keeping track of his own thoughts."
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Ah, not much to learn then." Aldan says somewhat sadly. "Has he raved about there being other 'disciples' of this 'snake god'?"

"And it's one set of small foot prints in a town, do you think you can track where it came from?" he asks Zasio dubiously. "Either way, if there *are* others of his ilk, and they do have a hatred for elves, we should check at the nearby cottage where the elven travelers were reported to be staying."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Aldan wrote:"Ah, not much to learn then." Aldan says somewhat sadly. "Has he raved about there being other 'disciples' of this 'snake god'?"
Zasio shook his head. "No, so far he's said nothing about allies."
Aldan wrote:"And it's one set of small foot prints in a town, do you think you can track where it came from?" he asks Zasio dubiously.
"It shouldn't be to difficult to back trace his movement since we have a starting place."
Aldan wrote:Either way, if there *are* others of his ilk, and they do have a hatred for elves, we should check at the nearby cottage where the elven travelers were reported to be staying."
"It might be a good place to start before we back trace the goblins path."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan nods and turns to the others, under the vocal cover of a rambling goblin he draws close to his companions. "Oh, and while I have a moment, I should tell you that one of the occupants of the Golden Grain Inn was a psychopathic and highly skilled assassin, Derek Desleigh. He has a short fuse and no morality or hesitation when it comes to knifing you. I don't know what he was doing in a backwater town but I can only hope that whatever fae or doppelganger or 'snake god' whatever that has a grip on this town doesn't also have him. That would be... exceedingly bad for us." he says.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:30 am Aldan

Aldan nods and turns to the others, under the vocal cover of a rambling goblin he draws close to his companions. "Oh, and while I have a moment, I should tell you that one of the occupants of the Golden Grain Inn was a psychopathic and highly skilled assassin, Derek Desleigh. He has a short fuse and no morality or hesitation when it comes to knifing you. I don't know what he was doing in a backwater town but I can only hope that whatever fae or doppelganger or 'snake god' whatever that has a grip on this town doesn't also have him. That would be... exceedingly bad for us." he says.
Georgia's face scrunches up in concentration."Wait...You said his first name is Derek. He was the guy that opened the windows, just before I did my little prank with them. Probably how you spotted him from outside. If he's that kind of crook, it means we probably can't trust Bertram the Bartender either. Someone who can casually orders a mad dog killer to do mundane chores is probably someone to be careful of. Its probably best that we went in there as a group, if any of us had been alone we might have been easy targets."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Yeah, saw Derek in the windows. Good news is his M.O. isn't as a poisoner - I can smell the ale on your breath; but that doesn't mean this 'Bertram' doesn't have skills of his own or another in his employ. In any case, if we do get a room there it would only be as a distraction or to set a trap for any who think to ambush us in our 'sleep'. A risky business at best."

"But that's a possible plan for the future... One of 3 I have in my head and we can all talk about that later." the quick-witted elfling says. "But right now we have a goblin to... deal with, then elves to visit. Maybe that will solidify where we go next."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 13

Tyragorn looked at Aldan curiously, trying to keep up with multiple conversations. "If you don't think we can learn anything from the goblin, let's be done with it. This thing is obviously under some kind of evil influence." He held out his hand. "If I can have a knife, I'll do it."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Georgia Fiddler

"I'm gonna try something, see if I can coax some clearer answers out of him." Georgia said. "I'm going to need Zasio to translate some of it but part of it actually works better if he doesn't understand."

Georgia brings out her new stool and sits across from the goblin, a frown etched upon her face. Her eyes start to glow a hellish red and she growls something in a very scary sounding language while gesturing menacingly towards the captive goblin.

Anyone who speaks infernal can tell what she's actually saying is "<Behave or I'll was your damn fool mouth out with soap.>"

Georgia turns to Zasio, "Tell him I said to behave and answer our questions or he won't like what happens. Then ask him about why he's in town, or more about this god he's rambling about."

OOC: Thaumaturgy for special effects and, Intimidate 1d20+4: 21
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:

Zasio translates both of Georgia's questions to the group's prisoner.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The goblin's responses become less and less intelligible as it fights with it's bonds, an action that only increases as Georgia starts intimidating the goblin.

After a while it's just incoherently shrieking, which is starting to scare the horses in the stables. Kilian is starting to look frantically between the horses and goblin, clutching his pitchfork close to his chest.
OOC: Yeah, no way the goblin can beat that.
Zasio gets very little of use from the goblin, only some comments about "killing the goddess' favorite" and the "others" will "get them".