IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan sneaks back out to rejoin the others in the front room.

He gestures that they should all come around in a conspiratorial whisper.

"Okay, so I didn't hear anything from the door I *thought* Abraxmo would be behind, but I'm positive there is a secret door in the South wall though I don't know how to open it from this side. It's sized for small creatures and I'm not dwarven enough to tell if it was a recent addition to the Temple or not. I hear shuffling coming from the other side of it. I don't know what the intention is and I don't know if the door opens inward or back into whatever room is behind it. I also don't know if they can detect if people are in the meeting room though I know many crime bosses who have ways for bodyguards to spy on even 'private' meeting spaces for 'protection' or extortion... or both, I suppose." Aldan seems to have no problem talking about a house of worship the same way he'd talk about a den of thieves. That probably says more about his character than anything else.

"I have some ideas, like... 47% of a plan at least, but I wanted to get your guys' input." the elf rogue says.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 20 AC:18

"We should block the door before we open the secret door. Don't want them coming from two sides."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:16 | HP:11/14

Aldan nods. "Sound thinking. We don't want a flanking situation. One of the chairs can maybe be moved quietly to wedge the door - we don't want to pound in a piton if they can hear what's in the room." Aldan says. "Do we fear they can see into the room? If so, I was thinking to use my spectral hand to pinch out the lanterns. So, there was no way to open the door that I found in the room so I was thinking that, from the pitch black room, to knock and try to get *them* to open it, maybe say that they (whoever they are) are needed downstairs?"

"What do you guys think?"
Aldan asks.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn shook his head while grabbing a chair. "Keep the light. We can't all see in the dark."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan nods. "I'm worried if they see into the room we'll never get them to open the door without the dark and we can use the sister's magics for light when they do open up. She's said she has the Light cantrip." Aldan says.

" Or we leave the lights on and I can go in alone wearing the priest robes and serpent pendant. Maybe my bluffing will be convincing enough and you guys can rush in once they do open the door." Aldan proposes volunteering to shoulder danger yet again. "Or maybe we all stay out here and Georgia tries the priestesses' voice once again calling them to come out to assist with something... body disposal perhaps?" he offers.

"Do you think you can manage the priestess' voice again, Georgia? And are there any illusory magics that can help?" he ventures.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Georgia Fiddler:
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:04 am Aldan

Aldan nods. "I'm worried if they see into the room we'll never get them to open the door without the dark and we can use the sister's magics for light when they do open up. She's said she has the Light cantrip." Aldan says.

" Or we leave the lights on and I can go in alone wearing the priest robes and serpent pendant. Maybe my bluffing will be convincing enough and you guys can rush in once they do open the door." Aldan proposes volunteering to shoulder danger yet again. "Or maybe we all stay out here and Georgia tries the priestesses' voice once again calling them to come out to assist with something... body disposal perhaps?" he offers.

"Do you think you can manage the priestess' voice again, Georgia? And are there any illusory magics that can help?" he ventures.
"I can try it again although it didn't seem to fool anyone last time." Georgia says.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"I think we should push on through before they have a chance to gather themselves. Don't let them organize a response."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Push through? And leave a secret door with an unknown number of enemies behind us?" Aldan asks his tone skeptical.

"This might not be a trap." he says doubting. "Do we push on or try to lure them out? I have every confidence in our minstrel's capabilities, maybe with the favor of the good sister's diety." he says referring to the Guidance orison. "But we can push on and risk it. Georgia, Zasio?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Could we use some of those spikes to block the passage?" Jessica asks, "Sorry, Aldan, I don't know how much time we have left and I'd rather bring the fight to them before their reinforcements come."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan thinks for a moment. "I *think* the door opened outward so jamming it should be possible." Aldan admits. "I hadn't thought of that til now. We can make a ne'erdowell out of you yet, Sister." he teases.

"I'll try to be stealthy and quick." he says taking a piton out and preparing it and a hammer then getting low and creeping in.
Stealth: 1d20+6 22
to jam (but I'll roll at disadvantage since trying to do it quietly.
theives tools: 1d20+6 17
theives tools: 1d20+6 17
well, a 17 it is then.

Back in the room, the elf's magic hand beckons them to come through then floats through itself to open the western door. At the secret door, Aldan continues to listen for reactions.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn stood ready to move in case there was any reaction from either of the doors.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The careful application of shims and wedges to the crack in the wall seems to go without a hitch. With one on all four sides done it would probably be easier to simply bash down the wall then force the door open at this point.

No sounds can be heard from the other side.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

With that done the spectral hand reverses to wave to get the attention of his companions attention and signal for them to pass through. Aldan will remain concealed in the room while they pass.

The hand will float into the meeting room and open the door to the next area.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn followed the directions of the hand and stood by the door as it opened, ready to give an enemy a face full of hammer if they showed themselves.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

As the door opens you get the smell of old blood.
From the doorway you can just see a long narrow hallway that lets out into a larger room. A large oak table which has some restraints crudely attached to it, and dark colored stains on the top and sides is just visible.