IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

The door opens to reveal an old library. Along every wall are shelves filled with books, along with two tables which sit at either end of the room. On the far table a large ornate book sits, a book far too large to ever fit onto a shelf.
The books in the shelves, should you look, seem to have various title in relation to either agriculture or religious texts.

The room is unoccupied.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan steps in to take a brief look around and to check the level of dust on the shelves. He'll also check the title of the book.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 10 AC:18

Tyragorn lagged behind a couple of steps as he tended to his wound. It wasn't life threatening but he didn't like the idea taking another hit like that. "We can look at the books later right? Let's keep moving before they counterattack."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:16 | HP:11/14

"Tyragorn, you don't look too good. Might want to see about healing magics." Aldan says, finishing his terse investigation. "Both I and Zasio have 2 of Sister Bright's berries but you look to need more restoration than that. That hit you took would've felled me, I think."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The dust seems to have built up over time, showing that none of the books on the shelves have been touched in over a month.

The large ornate book has the title "A Most Worshipful Guide to Benign Merikka" emblazoned on it's spine in gold lettering. The huge and richly embossed volume contains many colorful paintings. A book like this would have been worth a kings ransom, but all of the illustrations have been crudely defaced. Some of the pages have rusty brown spots on them.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan grimaces and steps from the book in disgust. He couldn't imagine the depravity needed to defile a holy book like that. After Tyragorn saw to his wounds Aldan would, with some caution, open the other door quietly and look in. The head priest was somewhere on this floor.
stealth: 1d20+6 18
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 10 AC:18

"I'll be fine if you can spare one of the berries, thank you. We should save anything else for an emergency."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan raised an eyebrow. "You're one of those..."

"There's an Elvish saying... 'An acorn of prevention is worth an oak of cure.' If you're not at or near full health then you will create the very emergency you look to hoard our resources for. We're about to face a corrupted priest of a twisted god with unholy magics. You're our best hope against that - for us AND your sister. Please take one of these now."
Aldan says taking a red sloshing potion from his recovered sachel. "And we'll see if a berry is needed as well."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
HP: 23
AC: 14
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

"Aldan has a point Tyragon, you have withstood some powerful attacks. It would be a needless risk to not tend to them now while we have a moment." As he speaks, the Half-Elf pulls one of the Goodberries Sister Bright had provided them with a while ago.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Aldan carefully open the door revealing what appears to be a small meeting room. This chamber contains a small table and two comfortable chairs, with an unopened wine bottle and two clean glasses on a shelf in the corner. There is a closed door along the west wall.

"I still have some healing spells if we need them," Jessica offers.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 10+10=20 AC:18

Tyragorn reluctantly took the potion and drank it. He didn't like using it on himself when he could still fight but he couldn't argue the point. After drinking it, he was happy that he did. He felt right back to full strength. "That helped a lot. Thank you. You can save your spell, Sister. Let's get going."
Healing potion: 2d4+2 10 Close enough to full
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan shushes the others "The room is a meeting place, like the kind that is outside a person's bedchamber. I knew we were close to Abramo's room. Its set for two people to have a meeting and soon, I'll wager." He gives one of his pitons to Zasio. "Spike the door up from the stairs. You guys wait here, I'll sneak in and listen at the door to see if the priest is close. If I hear nothing I'll signal you guys." Aldan gestures and his delicate magic floating hand appears. "It'll beckon you forward and we'll continue on."

"It might be a chance to get the drop on him if he's close. Just give me a moment."

Aldan crouches, sneaking, and slips into the room. First he creeps to snatch the bottle of wine and put it in his satchel, then creeps to the door and listens at it.
Perception: 1d20+4 24

did you need a new stealth roll too?
Stealth: 1d20+6 25
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The wine disappears without a trace into Aldan's satchel, a treasure for another time.

As you sneak over to the door you don't hear anything that isn't from your friends in the room you just left.

However on the south wall you notice a strange thing. There is just the faintest of gaps in the morter around the bricks, that just so happens to make a rectangular shape, ending about waist high.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan will creep over to the secret door to determine if there is a way to open it from this side. He won't open it just yet, merely figure out how it could be opened. He'll also listen at it.
[Let me know if you'd like any rolls.]
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

There doesn't appear to be any latches, hidden buttons, or other means of opening the secret door from this side. Any attempts to push against the door reveals that there is no play in it.
Who ever made it built it well. The best bet you can make is that there is a latch on the other side.

As you place your ear against the wall you can hear some shuffling from the other side.