IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

Tyragorn hefted his hammer and shield. "We can't let skeletons stop us. Jessica, can you try to dispel them?"
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Their response may be different if someone goes in wearing the snake symbol we took off Misha, too." Aldan suggests.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica shakes her head, "If you want to try that, I suggest we get you a new cloak to levitate it in. I do not wish to try that myself."

She gives the shredded cloak a glance and shudders, then turns her attention to Tyragorn, "I might be able to scare the skeletons away from myself for a few moments, but I am not nearly powerful enough to destroy them outright."
OOC: Clerics need to be level 5 before Turn Undead can destroy undead. At her level she can scare them away from herself for about a minute.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan will ask to 'borrow' a cloak, set it up with the dowel but this time attach the symbol of the snake god to it. His spectral hand will carry that in.

"If this doesn't work we may just need to go in there and, turn them, and either bash them while they're compelled to flee, or bypass that room quickly." Aldan says.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"We can't leave them there. When the rest of the village comes in, the skeletons could kill them." Tyragorn held his head high. "This is what we're here to destroy."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica gives up her cloak with an unhappy look.

The cloak floats into the room proudly displaying the pendant. The skeletons charge forward at the same time and proceed to hack the cloak to pieces. This new intruder, properly destroyed, the skeletons return to their starting positions.

The pendant itself seems to have survived the assault, though the necklace holding it in place wasn't as lucky.

Jessica looks at the hacked apart remains of her cloak and glances over at Aldan.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan.

Aldan's hand slides the necklace back. "What should we know about fighting skeletons?" Aldan asks, resigned.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

"I've heard that blunt weapons work best." The ranger offered in response.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Well, there's a lot of open space so stabbing it will be harder than it looks. I'll take the lead." Tyragorn geared for combat and headed for the room full of skeletons.
Initiative check: 1d20+3 11 I'm assuming this is going to be needed
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

The charlatan rogue had a definite lack of blunt implements. "I'll help as I can." he says letting others take the lead in a situation he couldn't cunning his way out of.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

"I'll see what I can do with the flat of my blades. The Elf said as he drew his weapons, readying himself to

OOC wrote:Initiative Check: _: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

init: 1d20+4 24

"I can help by being bait." Aldan says chipperly, slipping the snake medallion on just in case it helped in some way.

"We'll wait for Sister Bright's signal. I'll go in first, draw the first set of attacks to group them up. I'm pretty squirrely when I want to be. Sister Bright channels her power, the rest come in swinging. Sound good? Anyone got a better idea?"
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Georgia Fiddler

Shock wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:19 am Tyragorn

Tyragorn looked at Georgia curiously. "Why would you want her clothes?"
"I'm an entertainer, you'd be amazed how useful random outfits can be from time to time."
Arkrite wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:55 pm Jessica gives up her cloak with an unhappy look.

The cloak floats into the room proudly displaying the pendant. The skeletons charge forward at the same time and proceed to hack the cloak to pieces. This new intruder, properly destroyed, the skeletons return to their starting positions.

The pendant itself seems to have survived the assault, though the necklace holding it in place wasn't as lucky.

Jessica looks at the hacked apart remains of her cloak and glances over at Aldan.
"Well that didn't work." Georgia comments. "Don't worry Jess, We'll make sure Aldan buys you a new cloak later."
Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:23 am Aldan

init: 1d20+4 24

"I can help by being bait." Aldan says chipperly, slipping the snake medallion on just in case it helped in some way.

"We'll wait for Sister Bright's signal. I'll go in first, draw the first set of attacks to group them up. I'm pretty squirrely when I want to be. Sister Bright channels her power, the rest come in swinging. Sound good? Anyone got a better idea?"
"Sounds good." Georgia says. "Let me just brush up on my Skele-puns for a second. This seems like a magic over stabbing situation for me."

Initiative: 1d20+3: 12
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn didn't like Aldan going first and possibly being vulnerable but he trusted the elf knew what he was doing. "I'll be right behind you Aldan."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica gives Georgia a firm nod, giving her cloak another sad look.

"I'm ready when you are," She says, not looking nearly as ready as she claims, "Should I try to turn them before you go in?"

The Skeletons remain where they stand, unmoving, unbothered by the noise and movement coming from the hallway.

OOC: Skeletons roll a 20 for Init. From what I can see that puts Aldan first, then skeletons, then everybody else.