[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by Sakuro »

Since Diego is driving and is going to try to get into an inconspicuous position to observe the quarantine, please include a Stealth or Vehicles check in your edit.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

And updated. Got a 13 with a roll of 4. Just gotta let the dice fall where they may I guess.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona does not know much about Diego's powers, but she assumes that due to his shadowy form, he would be 'in his element' operating in the dark of night.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I might not get a post in today.
Supernaturalist

I'll be able to get a post up in the morning.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'm going to underline this: Iona is advocating that you wait while your target is in the middle of an infectious disease scenario. The target, whose heart you need. If the heart is no longer viable for a transplant, your deal with Dutch is most certainly not going through.

That isn't to say you cannot wait. But the world won't freeze just because you aren't on the scene. Things will progress with or without your involvement.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep, Diego will highlight that when I get a chance to post tonight. Was too exhausted last night to get a post up for Diego.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

DIego wrote:Perception strictly for looking for CDC type staff and how they are getting in/out.
Diego is too far away, and only able to see a small part of the quarantine perimeter from where you are now. He will need to get closer and look around. Not sit in a fixed position from a distance. After he does that I'll take your Perception check into account. Distance will increase the DC, so getting close isn't strictly necessary but helps. Moving around to look at the situation from different angles is needed if you want to see more than just one side of the perimeter … and you already know what he has seen from here.
Diego wrote:If we can get inside, do you think you can get on any wifi network they might have to find out what's going on?"
Peter has his how tech-limit defying wifi that allows him to connect to the internet and nearby systems on his own. To use some other network's wifi or connect to an independent machine he needs to be in range to detect it. Then unless it is public access, which a hospital's wouldn't be, he'd need to crack the system's protection before accessing it.

Right now Peter is too far away to detect the hospital's network or tell if it is up and active. He'd need to be in the hospital, or right outside of it. Without wifi he'll need to be within a couple meters of a device to access it via Augmented Reality.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Edited Diegos post accordingly. I'll roll stealth and deception if needed for him walking around the block and changing his appearance without prying eyes.
Supernaturalist

Iona should just stay in the van. She's out of her element doing the intelligence-gathering bit; and her good-looks could easily get her noticed.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I know Diego is turning into a homeless man and wants to get a closer look. Is he going to just walk around in the open trying to see what he can see without taking risks or is he going to actually sneak and see as much as he can discover? As a reminder there are a lot of police outside the National Guard's perimeter keeping people well away. The military perimeter also blocks off sight of the hospital. What I'm looking to know is: how much scouting is Diego intent on doing and how subtle is he being?
SUpernaturalist wrote:Iona should just stay in the van. She's out of her element doing the intelligence-gathering bit; and her good-looks could easily get her noticed.
Is that something Iona might voice IC? If so, then you should have her do that.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:29 pm I know Diego is turning into a homeless man and wants to get a closer look. Is he going to just walk around in the open trying to see what he can see without taking risks or is he going to actually sneak and see as much as he can discover? As a reminder there are a lot of police outside the National Guard's perimeter keeping people well away. The military perimeter also blocks off sight of the hospital. What I'm looking to know is: how much scouting is Diego intent on doing and how subtle is he being?
SUpernaturalist wrote:Iona should just stay in the van. She's out of her element doing the intelligence-gathering bit; and her good-looks could easily get her noticed.
Is that something Iona might voice IC? If so, then you should have her do that.
Yep...I'll put it in a post later today. I have to spend most of my morning and afternoon working online.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Once I write it for Diego I'll have a better sense of the detail. The intent is to find a way to scout a way to get in as CDC personnel and only way I can think that happens is by getting them off someone at the CDC. If expertise spy craft would tap Diego's knowledge on what to do better I can roll that, but I don't think a skill gives gm insight.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

GM insight/advice for a course of action or plan would require the expenditure of a HP. Using a Skill would express what your character knows about a given topic.

For now I'll wait to see how Diego does his scouting before responding narratively. How you approach it will affect the way NPCs respond, or require rolls such as Deception for blending in socially or Stealth to go unseen. Supernaturalist mentioned wanting to respond to Diego anyway.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Post is coming tonight. Last night my internet provider thought it would be a good idea I get a break from the internet.