[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by Sakuro »

In case there was some confusion, the person whose heart you are after and the prisoner are two different people. Do you still want information on the prisoner?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:17 am In case there was some confusion, the person whose heart you are after and the prisoner are two different people. Do you still want information on the prisoner?
Looks like there was confusion on my part. So the person whose heart we're after, and maybe just knowing where the prisoner is - so we know which parts of the hospital we should be steering clear of.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get a post up for Diego tomorrow night. Feeling a bit tired and want to get more rest than usual given everything right now. I have a plan brewing for Diego to propose taking into account the information so far.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona wrote:"Peter, can you find out when this patient is scheduled for medication just prior to his surgery?
The prisoner is going in for surgery. Your target, an entirely different person, is going in for x-rays.
Iona wrote:"So your plan is to return him here? I'll perform the operation in my own infirmary? I assume that is your plan, but assumptions have gotten me into trouble recently. I just wish to confirm."
If you did this, you'd have to sneak your way back into Hadron City with your target. The second set of GPS coordinates also lead to some place in Wichita. You'd have to sneak out of Hadron City and go all the way back to Wichita. Dutch's people are only smuggling you out the one time at 8 AM. You won't get further assistance.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sakuro wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:54 pm
Iona wrote:"Peter, can you find out when this patient is scheduled for medication just prior to his surgery?
The prisoner is going in for surgery. Your target, an entirely different person, is going in for x-rays.
Iona wrote:"So your plan is to return him here? I'll perform the operation in my own infirmary? I assume that is your plan, but assumptions have gotten me into trouble recently. I just wish to confirm."
If you did this, you'd have to sneak your way back into Hadron City with your target. The second set of GPS coordinates also lead to some place in Wichita. You'd have to sneak out of Hadron City and go all the way back to Wichita. Dutch's people are only smuggling you out the one time at 8 AM. You won't get further assistance.
Ok, thanks for clarifying. Somehow I got confused in the barrage of info. So, Iona will have to perform the surgery at the hospital? Yikes! This could get hairy
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

That's what I was thinking which was why Diego asked what he did.
Supernaturalist

I'm going to have to alter my post given Sakuro's clarifications.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I just finished editing my last post. I shout out a preemptive apology just in case I botched this post too. ;)
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I think you hit the big points. There's alot of variables that complicate the situation.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You are doing well. Thoughtful discussion and planning. You know what they say about plans surviving the battlefield though, right?

On the topic of altering hospital records, that will require a Technology check. Even if you are successful in this bear in mind that it does not grant you physical credentials/an ID badge.

Earlier I saw a request for information about the prisoner. Not sure if that is still desired. If you want to get more than medical information about Alister Renly, the prisoner, you will have to look elsewhere. Such as hacking into the local police department's network or some other form of criminal database. That will require a check. Also bear in mind the DC will be higher. Possibly very high depending on where you look for the information. While a hospital shouldn't be able to track your hacking back to your HQ, police and government agencies will.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

It was between new employee with a temp badge or taking the place of an existing employee the guy might know. Both had their risks so I not knowing hospitals too well went with one easier to pull off with a good deception check.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:57 pm You are doing well. Thoughtful discussion and planning. You know what they say about plans surviving the battlefield though, right?

On the topic of altering hospital records, that will require a Technology check. Even if you are successful in this bear in mind that it does not grant you physical credentials/an ID badge.

Earlier I saw a request for information about the prisoner. Not sure if that is still desired. If you want to get more than medical information about Alister Renly, the prisoner, you will have to look elsewhere. Such as hacking into the local police department's network or some other form of criminal database. That will require a check. Also bear in mind the DC will be higher. Possibly very high depending on where you look for the information. While a hospital shouldn't be able to track your hacking back to your HQ, police and government agencies will.
Not planning on getting more info on the prisoner.

I'll work on a post tomorrow.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Supernaturalist

Still thinking about options. I'll post this afternoon.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I left the cover idea details as vaguer since I am not sure on what stuff would be needed. I'd imagine Diego given his background would have a better idea on that such as a photo, emergency contacts and the like.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

EnigmaticOne wrote:Naturally stuff like Jacob's weight and X-Ray time should be in the hospital records, right?.
Yes. I'm not going to create an actual medical document for you to review unless you seriously need the information. Assume you have what Iona needs to do her job as a medical professional.

A reminder, if Peter wants to edit hospital information for Diego's cover as a new employee he will need to make another Technology check.
Iona wrote:Peter, is the patient staying in a room overnight? Also can you locate the side hallway to surgery?
No, your target is not going to be staying overnight. They are not going in for surgery at all. The target is scheduled for X-Rays around noon. That will at most take half an hour.

Peter has a map of the hospital. He can direct you anywhere you need to go.