[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Can I have Peter make a Perception roll to find a way by which to cut through unobserved? Something with enough cover to break sight lines?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That's entering the area of tactics/Expertise Military. Tell you what ... spend a HP and I will let you borrow Diego's Expertise Military. Using his Intellect and Skill ranks.

Narratively you would temporarily body swap long enough for Diego to make the tactical assessment that Peter can act on. For mechanical purposes it will use up Peter's Standard Action, and EnigmaticOne will make the roll (meaning he can use his own HP to reroll if he wants). Diego would have to consent, and that is something we can take a brief pause in combat for you two to play out if you like.

This is not unprecedented for the two of you. During the storm crisis on Ascension Day, the the characters briefly body swapped via your Cyber-Neural Network long enough for Peter to assess the machinery Maelstrom was using at the missile silo base.

Otherwise, the obvious thing is to use parked cars along the street for cover. There are buildings around you. Peter also just came from an alleyway.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Just so we're clear, the plan is for Diego to make the big distraction, while Iona and Peter get out with Jacob, and preferably to the van, correct?
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

If possible without being seen by Stronghold yes. Otherwise hide and Diego will come around and pick them up.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona, Peter ... if one of you would like to take on a temporary Complication, which I will trigger to inconvenience you latter, I will offer you some GM advice/insight. Peter may also spend a HP for this.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I have to face two Toughness checks without any HPs. Some bad rolls and I could be incapacitated (or at the very least staggered while trying to tote Jacob around). I'll get up a post this evening. Let me see how I do on the Toughness checks and I'll let you know about the complication.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Is there a point anymore? Perhaps this is my continued issues with the capstone paper aggravating my feelings, but again, I feel we went through plentiful enough work to find and get Jacob out of the hospital, and now you've added a whole ton of extra stuff that's undid any chance we have.
Games
Supernaturalist

EnigmaticOne wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:17 am Is there a point anymore? Perhaps this is my continued issues with the capstone paper aggravating my feelings, but again, I feel we went through plentiful enough work to find and get Jacob out of the hospital, and now you've added a whole ton of extra stuff that's undid any chance we have.
All I can figure is that we have to enter a building and either move through buildings (or from basement to basement of buildings) in order to break line of site with the enemy. We have to lose them and meet Diego somewhere. If I have to spend another round out in the open (on the streets), then I'm almost assuredly toast. At this point all I can do is follow Peter and wait for him to work his magic.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Thats what Diego was suggesting in his post. I'm trying not to metagame here by having Diego know how bad the situation is without someone communicating it to him. He hears the action, but doesn't know if Iona and Peter made it out.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

EnigmaticOne is stressed by what is happening in his life. Understandably so. There is also a general frustration building that I feel is causing people to be blind to things that would better their situation. I am going to step in and resolve this narratively so that we can move on to something that I hope will be more fun for everyone.
Supernaturalist

I got home late tonight. I'll have to post tomorrow morning.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Too late to change sides to Dr. Sokolov? A lot less torture on that side. :)
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Null's torture is traumatic and motivational. You get HP. If you want to work on switching side, you can make the effort.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Nah, Diego isn't going to change sides. I was trying to convey sarcasm over text which doesn't always go so well.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I have talked with EnigmaticOne in private and he is going to take a break from the game. He isn't being kicked out, nor is he making an exit. He just needs a break.

In the meantime, that gives us an opportunity to flash back to Diego and Iona's duo mission to acquire some communications equipment. If you want to take a step back and return to that. Otherwise we can put it aside and keep going forward.