[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Sakuro »

If one of the characters had some leverage, or something to trade, there could be more of a negotiation. Rather than a simple argument. Something to think about when working towards you character's agendas. A simple example is the Heart. Diego wants it. He'll likely need Iona's help in getting it. He could give ground here, letting Iona get her way ... if she helped him get the heart, no questions asked, and didn't cause any trouble in letting him keep it for himself. Rather than "sharing resources".

Or Iona could let Diego get his way here, in return for Diego taking her side the next time Praetor Null has a sit down with the PCs where big descision is going to be made. Such as the one where Anastasia had a kill order placed on her due to Diego steering things that way when he got a good Persuasion check.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep, all things to consider. Diego is not quite blinded by seeking the heart, but thats going to be a story thread he'll be pulling. Diego and Iona aren't at a place of one thinking "I need 6 advanced robot guards or else they might kill me" and the other "they are not my problem so I won't protect them" anymore, so any discussions about what happens with the facility probably won't rise to the level they did when setting up the base.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I agree that idea #1 is the most practical at present although I do love the idea of producing a super-science construction material for our use (option #2). *sigh* Decisions. Decisions.

If we do use the facility to mass-produce drugs, we probably want to make sure that most of them are distributed and sold *outside* the city. We don't want to recruit our fighters from an increasingly drugged-out populace. Besides that, we want the US government to be burdened with the social cost of rehabbing, employing, and imprisoning a growing group of junkies.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You do not have any assets of your own outside the city. You'd also need to smuggle your drugs out of Hadron City. That will require more work/extra steps to be taken. The establishment of which would need to be played out.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

If whoever we recruit gets too far on drugs that we sell, we kill or punish them. Simple and ruthless enough. Of course, Diego also is rather ruthless so his preferred method might not go over too well.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Checking for traps would be Perception. You already made such a role while scoping out the room and did not find any malicious contraptions.

Aiden has been, and still is, breathing in toxic fumes. He also has a number of injuries that you can't take full measure of by just looking at him. How does Iona intend to try to help him? Bear in mind, you did not bring any medical equipment along with you, though you could spend 1 HP to have something on hand/source items from the environment.
Supernaturalist

Just curious. Is the chair at least partially metallic? Could she levitate him out of the room so that they could deal with the metal restraints when the group has more time? Before Iona can do anything in terms of medical treatment, she would have to get him clear of the fumes or it's all a waste.

Could I make a Treatment roll for Iona in order to notice any kind of equipment or devices in the room that could be of medical use to the man?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Would it be viable for Diego to power stunt making an air filter type device like mini gas mask or something and as long as he keeps his hand over the man's mouth to use it to filter the air?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The immediate issue is that he is dying from inhaling toxic smoke from a chemical fire. You don't know where you are in the base. It will take a while for you to get out. Odds are, the toxic smoke is going to kill him before you leave.

The torture taking place was clearly crude and unsophisticated. By default, there aren't any medical supplies in the room. No matter what you roll. It wasn't my original intention that the Jaguars were looking after his well being. You may spend 1 HP to edit the scene so that there are some items in the area that you could use to Dr. MacGyver a remedy once he isn't inhaling fumes.

The chair is entirely metal. As are Aiden's restrains.

Diego forming his nanite mass into a gas mask, as you described MrDent, would work as a Power Stunt. Bear in mind, Aiden already has toxins in his system at this point. The gas mask will keep things from getting worse, but he's in a bad way as it stands.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I'll be able to post tomorrow. I'll spend the HP in order to have some resources available for a makeshift medical solution. Will Iona require some sort of roll to figure out how to use those items?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll think on th power stunt tonight and get a post up tommorow
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona has a crazy high bonus to her Treatment and Skill Mastery. A roll won't be needed.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I'll be able to post this evening, but I just want to run this by you before I do (in order to avoid any assumptions that will not be allowed). It seems that there are three things that need to be done to insure Aiden's survival.

1) Get him out of the room

2) Prevent him from breathing more of the toxic fumes

and 3) detoxify him from the chemicals already in his lungs.

Here's my proposal. I spend the 1 HP in order to have some bottled waters availabel in the room. One way that hospitals try to detox people is to make them drink as much water as possible and allow the bodies natural processes to pass toxins. That would help take care of problem #3 or at least mitigate it until we get him to base.

Secondly, I can use my magnetic field to pick up the metal chair just a few inches from the floor and move him. That takes care of problem #1.

Finally, I use my electrical field manipulation, tweeking it until I find a way to seperate/distill the chemical compound from the breathable air (via electrical repulsion). I could force the chemical gas up (or simply away) from aIden as we search for a way out.

I don't want to simply assume that I can do these things without asking (or asking if I need to make a roll).
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It isn't only this room that is filled with the toxic smoke. Everywhere you have been, since waking up after Romper's attack, has had the toxic smoke.

If you want water, there can be a gallon jug in the torture room. No HP needed for that. Getting Aiden to drink it is a problem unto itself. He's going to go unconscious soon. Unless you can do something to keep him conscious.

MrDent proposed a means of Diego taking care of the toxic fumes. Iona doesn't need to do everything. However, I'd be willing to accept the Power Stunt you proposed, as a was of getting Aiden breathable air.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep, Diego was going to power stunt a gas mask like device. That said, I am not going to complain if Iona does it all either. Diego certainly takes a lions share of interactions and social type things. Plus, he drove did a lot of giving orders this adventure already.