[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Sakuro »

Diego did some checking for that sort of thing before setting out. He would know that your base is the only one related to Null's faction in this Ward.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Thought so.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Bit tired tonight, so I will get Diegos post up tomorrow night.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Just curious...Can John see his two teammates take action down at the end of the tunnel?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego would still be up the hole, but peeping down. His attack uses elongation and than retraction. So depending on where Iona attacks he might not be In range of Diego.

Edit:

Since it is multiple attacks, can Diego go easy on one of them if it looks like they will all die? By easy I mean disable and not kill.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:Just curious...Can John see his two teammates take action down at the end of the tunnel?
No.

EDIT:

He'll see the explosion from the grenades. Iona is well out of sight when she unleashes her AoE. John has no chance at seeing Diego in near total darkness.
Diego wrote:Since it is multiple attacks, can Diego go easy on one of them if it looks like they will all die? By easy I mean disable and not kill.
Yes. Diego has Variable on his attacks, so he can employ a less than lethal weapon to knock someone out. Then use a lethal weapon to kill the rest.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The first squad was fairly close to the hole. You are going to need to drop down and enter the room, which is illuminated, to get at the second squad. Iona's AoE will have damaged some of the lighting, but it is a BIG room. More than 200 ft. across. There is a lot of cover, in the form of collapsed ceiling segments and broken machinery.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ok, he'll move as needed to be within 250 feet of the second squad maximizing cover. I'll try to edit the ic posts tonight.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro,

I know you've told me that a Villian Point could only be used to perform an action that is truly "evil". Does that mean that a Villian Point cannot be used to remove Conditions like, say, Fatigued? :)

-S
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Evil fatigue removal...trying to picture it in my head now. Iona somehow draining electrical energy from some random innocent person like a vampire or something.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

This plays into Iona's recent Interlude, where she harvested skin from a woman for her repairs/maintenance.

You may use the Villain Point to counter Conditions, such as Fatigued. You have to villain it up, like MrDent suggested. You could suck energy out of a bystander ... or an ally. Treat them like they're a resource for you to use. None of that politely asking to siphon off someone's life sustaining electrical impulses.

If you siphon off energy cruelly from Diego, he'll become Fatigued. But I will also give him 1 HP as reward for MrDet if he is willing to accept the setback and RP out the social situation that arises. John will just get Fatigued. No HP. I don't want you using your NPC as a battery, so I am doing this to discourage that behavior. A bystander will either die or be grievously harmed by the process.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'd be cool with Iona siphoning off Diego. There will certainly be rp consequences and effect Diegos attitude towards Iona, but that is a risk Iona takes.
Supernaturalist

Iona already considers her relationship with Diego to be tenuous. She would not dare "drain" him without permission or extreme desperation. If I were to "drain" one of the Jaguars (or multiple Jaguars), how would that happen mechanically? Would I need to make attack rolls? Would I merely spend the VP?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I am not presenting the Jaguars as a viable target for this. This isn't a free attack option. It is an RP incentive to play up being a really bad person.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:54 pm I am not presenting the Jaguars as a viable target for this. This isn't a free attack option. It is an RP incentive to play up being a really bad person.
Ok...hmmm...I'm not saying that Iona would never do it, but right now I think she'd have to be a little more desperate. If she is forced to power stunt again (and left Exhausted), then she might be forced to do so (especially if the mission is not near completion).

I'll get a post up for her in a little bit.