[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by mrdent12 »

While I'm partial to Nulls side, be good to have balance of PCs with someone added on Sokolov side. Of the two PC's Sakuro mentioned, Peter could help with technology augmentation and Iona more life science.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Ok, working on a PL normal human now :)
--------------------------------------------------------

Stan Heflin, PhD.

Stan was a recent PhD grad from M.I.T., having earned his doctorate at the ripe old age of 21. This didn't impress his father in the slightest; he wanted Stan to stud business matters so he could take over his company and let his father take an early retirement. Stan's mother was no help, either; she simply followed her husband's desires. Stan's home life was so bad that, once he got accepted to M.I.T., he resolved to stay as far away from home as he could, staying in school year round instead of going home for summer break.

The brilliant young physicist got the attention of Null, who offered Stan a position on a research team located in Hadron City. Knowing that he would be researching among some of the brightest minds in the world, Stan jumped at the offer. This occurred shortly before Hadron City fell, and when that happened, Stan felt that he would never get the chance to do such bleeding edge research ever again.
==================================================

How's that so far?
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Bear in mind that I posted the premise of the game with Null drawing the PCs together when the game origianally started. That was about a year ago IRL. Since then I've opened up the option for Dr. Sokolov to act as a patron for a new PC. I mention this because you talk about Null recruiting your character prior to the Imperator's invasion of Hadron City. At that point Null's sphere of influence included espionage and martial matters (military, and later law enforcement once they took control of Hadron City). Dr. Sokolov would make more sense for recruiting a physicist, as his area of influence is heavily entrenched in science and medicine.

On the topic of Stan being recruited shortly before the fall of Imperator's regime in Hadron City, note that Hadron City had been surrounded by an impenetrable barrier for twenty years. Stan would have had to of either been a citizen of Hadron City, and grown up there, or been part of the initial invasion by Imperator. In the latter case Stan would be around 41 now. I do want your character to have more than a passing involvement with Imperator's movement as well. Something short and fleeting won't do, unless that short period of involvement had a significant impact on the character and his commitment to Imperator's cause.

If you want your character to be young and not have grown up in Hadron City, that remains an option. Your character could be an asset that Imperator's agents had been cultivating. Then Null, if you want Null to be your character's patron, pulls them in to help out with what is presently happening in Hadron City. It won't be strictly as a researcher though. They'll be going out in the field on assignments that are likely to have combat.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

For reference to help, Diego was cultivated as a spy to work outside the bubble, Dr Kripke(PC before Iona) was a concert for a while advocating for Imperator, and Peter grew up in the city.

Past PC Alex was a soldier for Imperator.

Iona is a special case Sokolov made her body with Kripkes brain wiped of memories as a punishment.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

I think what I had in mind for Stan won't work for your game. Back to ye olde drawing board, I reckon.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist, the montage post for base building should cover the entire month's work. If you want to run a scene with Dr. Sokolov and Iona we can do that in the Extended Interludes thread. Let me know if that is what you're aiming for or not. Either way, I'd still like to see a writeup detailing the work Iona puts into building up the group's HQ.
Last edited by Sakuro on Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diegos montage should be up. It's rather lengthy, So feel free to ask for any clarifications.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Good writeup MrDent. That is the sort of details I was looking for in the montages. They don't have to be super long as long as they are informative, and I know what your character has been up to and how they are operating.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cool, I left some parts vague and tried not to step on other PCs toes or presume their actions. We each seems to have our own areas at this point though which is good.

Also, Diego will eventually start viewing Iona as more of a comrade as much as he can someone who isn't Ascendant or works for Null.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sakuro wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:40 am Supernaturalist, the montage post for base building should cover the entire month's work. If you want to run a scene with Dr. Sokolov and Iona we can do that in the Extended Interludes thread. Let me know if that is what you're aiming for or not. Either way, I'd still like to see a writeup detailing the work Iona puts into building up the group's HQ.
Well, we don't have to do an extended interlude scene. I just assumed that Iona would be bringing equipment and materials back over the next month during her weekly trips. I'll put up another post with some details about the construction of the facility as well as the installation of the new equipment. I just wasn't sure if you wanted to have a scene where Dr. Sokolov interacted with me.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Playing out the specifics of a month long project would be more than I want to commit to for this. You may vaguely include the interaction between Dr. Sokolov and Iona the way MrDent had with Praetor Null and Diego. Iona won't be lugging all the equipment herself either. Your patron is going to arrange for the transport and supply people to help install things. That's part of the Favor. This excludes your personal project, the free Feature (in Iona's case the Infirmary). Which is on your character to work out.

If any of you want to run a single, relatively short, scene that takes place during the month I am alright with that. Such as Iona interacting with Dr. Sokolov. We'd run it in the Extended Interludes thread so as not to hold up the main story.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll edit my last post to make it more detailed (similar to mrdent12's last post). I'll have it completed by tomorrow afternoon.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I look forward to reading it. Thank you for bearing with me while I throw potentially unorthodox things at you all.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Unorthodox is fun. Breaks the same old some games fall into.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

You guys willing to give me a few more days? I'm really in the middle of this paper, since it's the big final paper of this term's course. Fortunately, after this I get at least a month's break. :)
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe