[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona would trust Colonel Sander to pick something out for her. Despite being designed as a female, she is still trying to figure out the "feminine" thing. Could it be due to the fact that there's a man's brain in her body!?!? Hmmmm!?!?

Anyway, I do have another question: Does Iona know that she has a human brain inside her robotic-body? It's been awhile since we've played, and I can't remember if she ever knew that she is part human/ part machine.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

From what I recall, no. She believes she's an AI. She did mention to Peter how recently she was brought to life and wondered how Sokolov was able to model the complexity of a human mind so completely. If the brain in a machine comes to light... well, Peter will get suspicious...
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

That would be an interesting scene. Peter try to dig on the tech used and likely triggering Sokolov potentially causing other issues. I like it!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I look forward to reading your post EnigmaticOne.

Corporal Sander. That's the lowest ranking officer grade, to my understanding. Colonel is just shy of a General. So big difference. Silvia and Tilly probably should have been promoted after the war given that a lot of high ranking people have been removed from the picture, but it is a weird thing to do in the current climate. At the time of her creation I wanted Tilly to be a lower rank than Alexandria who was a Sergeant and Silvia was meant to be more politically and martially influential than she initially appears (her first appearance was as someone helping setup for your initial meeting with Null, then later you learn she's their second in command).

No, Iona does not know that she has a human brain in a robotic body. Dr. Sokolov gave her the impression she was an android, without expressly saying that she was.

Diego is on his own, and hijacking a garbage truck from a bystander is not going to be particularly difficult. I'll let you write that up MrDent. Include a Stealth role to try to go unnoticed. Exposure is the only real danger Diego is going to face in that part of the operation. As long as he doesn't go into the Under City, traveling shouldn't be a serious issue given the nature of his abilities.

As an aside, after the base construction is done (and after the events in Telephone Game) you may remove Diego's Long Term Wounds Complication. I wanted that to last a month, and with the time jump we're doing a month will have passed.

For Iona and Corporal Sander, unless Supernaturalist wants to work something in I will get a post up tomorrow setting the stage for the construction site scene and setting Iona up with an outfit.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

For Sanders current role at the base, I meant to envision her as a military liason helping with communication with department heads running their respective departments. Diego giving her more responsibility is reflective of his softness towards her for saving his life and it helps to highlight his disconnect with the rest of humanity.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Aside from the PCs, Sander is the most competent person on the base (regardless of rank) and the only Heroic NPC. Having her act as the voice of the PCs, or some kind of major domo, is not a bad idea.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

That was my initial idea, so wouldn't be adverse to it. I didn't want to assume too much though.
Supernaturalist

Sorry for calling her Colonel. I was typing fast and I also get her name confused with Colonel Sanders, the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken. He was a household name when I was growing up, so he's stuck in my head.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Glad I am not the only one who mixes that up.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Post is up. I hope it conveys the proper "Peter is really really busy and isn't involved in the comms hijacking because he has ten tasks on the base to complete yesterday."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Supernaturalist

I'll be able to get a post up tomorrow morning/afternoon. Are we doing the whole communications heist in the Extended Interlude thread?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

We are still continuing with the communications heist, Telephone Game. All posts relating to it should be made in the Extended Interlude thread. The events of Telephone Game take place two weeks before the meeting with Null that will happen in the next story segment, Herald the Night, which is in the main thread.

When posting, please give priority to the main thread. Extended Interludes should generally be considered something extra, if you have additional free time for writing. That said, I'll be working on a post to go up before Iona's for Telephone Game, since you wanted Sander to set her up with an outfit.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Not sure how much anyone wants to RP before the meeting, so I left a few hooks.
Supernaturalist

I just saw the new Extended Interlude post by Sakuro, I'll post when I wake up in the morning....it's beddie-bye time.
Supernaturalist

I think I may have asked everyone about this before, but I'd like to somehow update the photos of Levi and Iona such that the "Photobucket" logo is removed. Do you guys know any way to do that?