For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: New Foundations

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: Haunted, but fine
Form: Solid

Peter did some basic searching on Singapore and some more ideas came to him. "Singapore is a major tourism hotspot. With faked up documents, we could pretend I'm going to perform at one of the resorts, ala Blue Man Group."
"They may check if not properly paid off. We currently lack the resources or method to pay off anyone reliable. All of my former contacts outside of former Imperator forces are too dangerous to contact in this regard. A smuggler would be able to give us some help in covering up these various issues plus other logistics relates to travel based on their knowledge and contacts. That is if we help them in some capacity I would imagine. Praetor Null may not be happy with our delay, but sneaking into the airport is fraught with peril given our recent history.", simply replies Diego.

He had already figured the best way to go about it all was to trade favours with a smuggler, but a few minutes discussion would not hurt if it made others more cooperative. Iona was a freshly minted android, so being out in the world was going to be enough of an issue. Diego could easily enough dispatch of someone, take their id, and become them for a short time.
My intent was to asses the various options so far with the roll. Sorry for the confusion.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:2
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array)
PP:0

After listening to both Peter and Diego, the female cyborg is briefly silent as she ponders their suggestions. “Yes, and a smuggler would also be necessary to return any captured personnel and equipment back to the United States and eventually to Hadron City. Perhaps your plan is better. Do you have someone in mind who is reliable and skilled at forging documents? I know little about such things, but would assume high-quality papers to be quite expensive to obtain.

She folds her arms, her eyes flittering about as she ponders other important considerations for the mission. “What of her personnel that we injure, but do not kill? Do you wish that I bring medical equipment along to treat these assets?
OOC: I don't know why I haven't thought of this before, but does Iona have any idea on how to treat Diego or Peter should they get severely injured? Given their physiology, would she be allowed a treatment roll to stabilize them if they were ever near death?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego was pensive before speaking. "The contact I know from my previous cover may or may not rat us out to the U.S government. There was several skilled forgers and smugglers I knew who got me out of more than a few binds, but their loyalty only extended as far as the government was willing to pay for it. Despite our power, we do not have a multi billion dollar black ops budget at our disposal yet. Of the ones I know, our most likely source would be the Jaguars territory out of Flux, a night club. They have kept Stronghold out. Also, it would help build a relationship with them as possible allies for taking back Hadron City.", says Diego returning to his cold and emotionless voice.

Looking over Iona and Peter, although it simply looked like he was floating, Diego continued. "Our combined skills could prove useful to them enough to get the documents and travel arrangements we need. It also helps they are one of the few groups in the city who do not hate us right now. They may even be able to help find someone to mask the marks of Ascensions blessings for the trip.", added Diego.

Changing topics to the question of helping, Diego was more tactical. "Whatever forces join us we will help. If we can take them as a whole for the cause all the better. Bringing in fresh forces would be a boon. It is a pity Anastasia was a traitor who could not be trusted. Enlisting her resources would have been much simpler than killing her and taking her forces as we can.", says Diego.
Supernaturalist

Iona
"Our combined skills could prove useful to them enough to get the documents and travel arrangements we need. It also helps they are one of the few groups in the city who do not hate us right now. They may even be able to help find someone to mask the marks of Ascensions blessings for the trip.", added Diego.
"What do you think the Jaguars will have us do?" Iona doesn't mind being given missions. She knows that the rejuvenation of Imperator's society requires duties well outside her specialties. The local mission concerns her, but not overly so. The trip to Singapore is a different matter entirely . Despite her impressive abilities, she is considerably more vulnerable than the Ascendants. She feels it necessary to remind them. "I'm sure you have noticed my weekly trips to Doctor Sokolov for maintenance. This has been necessary to insure my functions under relatively 'stress-free' conditions. Though my master has tested my capabilities through strenuous simulations, I have never undergone a prolonged period of great exertion without a diagnostic and refit. I think it only fair to warn you that unexpected lapses in the reliability of my systems may occur if I overstay my repair-cycle. Do you have a ballpark figure on how long the Singapore mission might take?"

Of course, she realizes that it might just be impossible to know. But her own mechanical limitations must be factored into any strategy that is devised.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego, still a floating black mass of nannites, debated his response internally before responding. Going too blunt might cause her further worry and productivity loss, so he took the measured response. "Whatever they ask, so long as it does not violate the will of Praetor Null is what we will do. We are at a disadvantage and they hold the stronger position. When we arrive, just make sure not to give away too much.", says Diego. truthfully, he didn't care too much as long as the cause was not violated in anyway. Given what he knew of them, it was likely to be rather violent.

"On a normal flight to Singapore it is almost 19 hours one way. If we are to return in time for your repairs, you will need to time your next visit to before we leave and we will only have three days. That does not give us much time.", says Diego who was already brewing a plan. "It would be easier if we knew how Dr. Sokolov contacted her and he at least did not interfere with any ruse we may play. She is not likely to trust Ascendents of Praetor Null and if Peter and I say we are there on behalf of Sokolov she may check. That is assuming we can find her in those three days.", says Diego laying out the dangers.

Continuing, he adds the rough idea of his plan. "We only need to gain her trust long enough to learn how she acts plus communicates to her followers and kill her. From there, we can hopefully commandeer her forces. Given her role under Imperator, this will not be easy.", finishes Diego.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After your meeting with Praetor Null the three of you take the rest of the day to plan how you wish to handle the Singapore mission, tap information sources, and begin making preparations. Corporal Sander reminds you that Dr. Franks still wishes to speak with you, but the meeting with the botanist can be delayed until after Anastasia has been dealt with. By the end of the day's discussions you have decided to visit Flux in the morrow, and perhaps make a deal with some very dangerous gangsters. As you depart, Sander warns you not to try to enter Ward 23 via the sewers.

Saturday 10th, Marsh 2019 - Herald the Night Pt. 2: The Blight After

Peter hadn't seen Ward 23 since before the war's end and Iona never had. It was the ground floor for the next wave of topside urban development. At it's center was Initium Novum Tower. The building is so massive it takes up an entire city block and it doesn't just scrape the sky, it punches through it. The top of the building is so far from the ground that it disappears from sight amidst clouds. From a distance it was impressive. Closer up it begins to look like a necropolis with rotting overgrown vegetation dangling off of it and cracked solar panels twinkling reflected light. The building itself stood strong though. No surprise to Peter, who had heard it was supposed to be able to withstand a nuclear explosion at ground zero. Initium Novum Tower was the only fully complete part of the new development surge. The rest, all made of the same tan material as Initium Novum Tower, were like it's stillborn children. All stunted and ruined. Another unfulfilled dream being despoiled by outsiders and unbelievers. In this case, it was the Jaguars.

Iona and Peter would note what Diego had mentioned to them: Stronghold had no presence here. Further, there was less vehicle traffic here than elsewhere. Sections of the roads are blocked off with barricades improvised from urban material and immobile vehicles. Rugged gangbangers bearing weapons guard tollbooths that people paid to enter or leave through. Trash can fires dot the sidewalks and alleyways with people socializing round them. The majority of the population here is Latino. The familiar mirrored-dome cameras stationed throughout the city were broken in Ward 23. Everyone that was visible had been smashed in. All during your trip you do not see a single drone in the sky.

Flux, or rather the structure the night club is housed in, is about halfway to the Ward's center. There are a group of four guards at the door armed with shotguns and SMGs. Some people they are letting in without question, others are being charged an entry fee. You end up having to dip into your funds and pay. Once inside, you can see that the building looks like it was designed to fill the needs of an entire neighborhood. There is a reception area, and around it are businesses, as you might expect from a mall, but multiplied and ascending upwards to higher floors. Diego would be able to show the others the way to an establishment on the second floor with a blue stylized sign over the door. 'Flux', it said. There was a door man here, and again you find yourselves paying an entry fee. This time for the club itself.

While outside it is quiet, once you're inside there was music, and it hits you like a wall of sound. Pulsing, rhythmic music. The lighting is subdued and after a brief walk through a hallway you enter the club proper. Overhead blue beams of line jut downwards and bounce around to the music. The dance floor is alive with gyrating bodies, and the bar to the left of the door some distance has a healthy population of patrons requesting drinks from the bartenders, even though there are tables surrounding the perimeter of the dance floor with waiters and waitresses taking orders from the patrons seated at these table. There are a set of stairs at the back of the club leading up to a second floor balcony that rings the establishment. A VIP section no doubt. A single well built man in a black tank top stands at the base of the stairs.

No one has a sign on their face that says 'smuggler' on it. But Diego does know someone here from his last visit: Marco. The guy who gave Diego some half useful intel and hooked Alexandria up with a job that was supposed to get her a meeting with a higher up in the Jaguars named Casimiro. After some asking around Diego is able to find Marco, and once he get's paid to do so, Marco arranges for an introduction between the three of you and an Irishman named Dutch: An independent operator who does some work from the Jaguars on a regular basis. Dutch happens to be at Flux tonight, and is seated in a corner booth. Once the introductions are made Marco bows out and starts hitting on some women nearby, offering to buy drinks with the money he'd just gotten from you.

In the shadows of the booth is a tall lean man, perhaps in his late thirties or early forties. He has shockingly red hair and fair skin. Dutch's hair is cut short but he has long side burns that flow into his jaw and join up at his chin. He wears a casual gray suit and a white button up shirt with the top to buttons left undone. Dutch isn't alone in the booth. While he sits in the back, there is a Caucasian feminine form at the front of the booth barring entry. When you approach they slip out of the booth and stand in your way. It is hard to tell if they are a man or a woman. Their chest is flat, they have androgynous facial features and a toned slightly curved figure. They wear a green dress and a tight black jacket that stops at the bottom of their ribs. Dutch's gatekeeper holds up a hand, signaling for you to stop, then proceeds to pat you down one at a time, without asking for permission. Behind them Dutch speaks up in a thickly accented voice.

"Don't mind Michelle. She's overprotective."
OOC wrote:If your character was going to do anything before setting out, post it. Describe how you get to Flux, your method of travel, and if you are going as a group or separately.

Any incomplete social scenes you wanted to do can be moved to the Extended Interlude thread.

If you want to do something at Flux before meeting with the smuggler you may. At a minimum you should describe what your character does up until then. Are you standing around like an wallflower? Boozing it up at the bar? Mingling with people? Dancing?

Diego knows that Casimiro translates to something along the lines of 'great destroyer' or 'to destroy'.

Michelle is going to pat each of you down before you are allowed into the booth with Dutch. Do any of you plan to resist? If you go along with it, do you have anything on your person that would draw attention, or that you are trying to conceal? Hiding something will require a Sleight of Hand check.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Iona

Iona is most at home in a laboratory or an infirmary. And though her master created her with social skills, she has not yet had a chance to test them in crowd. Things are about to change.

The first person she searches out is Tilly. Corporal Sander has helped Iona in the recent past concerning make-up and clothing. The goal is to make herself *less* flattering. Drawing too much attention is will not ingratiate her to Diego, who undoubtedly prefers the Flux meeting to be a subtle as possible. After tracking Tilly down, she asks her opinion about what is appropriate to wear in Flux. “I should probably wear clothing that is a little more loose-fitting. The less people can discern about my curves the better. Do you even have any baggy clothes?” The last phrase Iona says with the slightest smile. “Do you think I should wear a beanie? Some thick glasses? I really prefer not to be harassed by anyone at the club.
OOC: I’m assuming that Tilly is around to speak to. If she is not, then Iona will have to do her best to “dress down” on her own.

As for the trip to Ward 23, Iona does not dare stray from the watchful presence of Diego and Peter. In fact, Iona openly asks if she could claim one of the two as a “boyfriend” in order to ward off potential players. “I promise not to get too fresh.” She says, realizing that her humor is more than likely wasted on the now soulless Ascendant that was formerly Diego Gonzalez.

Once the trip has been made through the ward to the club itself, Iona will observe a policy of “Speak little, observe much.” This is really Diego’s area of expertise. Rather than say something stupid, perhaps revealing too much, she knows it’s best to keep her mouth shut and let him do the talking.
OOC: I’m just curious. I know that Iona does not need to eat and drink, but *could* she eat and drink? I mean does she have systems to break down and process food? I’ve never really thought about it until now. That way should could have a drink as part of her “disguise”.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: The Blight After

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

After the meeting, before the day ends
After the group had agreed to a course of action, Diego left them to tend to his own desire for knowledge plus useful information on the prey they would be hunting. He hated going in blind. It was made doubly worse by the fact Anastasia could likely fit in anywhere or just control the situation as she desired based on what he knew so far. Diego may be good at lying, but a social controller he was not.

Quickly making arrangements with Colonel Costa through the usual channels stressing the time sensitive nature of the request, he arrived at the agreed upon location in his Diego looking form. It felt like wearing ill fitting shoes, but he wasn't oblivious to the fact his new natural form was off putting. When he needed others help, he had to make some accommodations.

For the rest of the day, Diego studied what material he could. Army grunts, generals, or anyone without training in social manipulation he could mold like putty in his webs of deception. Unfortunately, the distractions of the day were wearing on him. Despite his elevated position, he was ill at ease with managing proper operations that would better be left to military personnel proper. Staff meetings just weren't his bag. Even while at work of compiling the dossier as best he could, the annoyances of his current position weighed on him.

Diego didn't bother taking anything with him aside from his mental notes. He knew enough to not bring classified information with him outside of secure rooms. While not fruitless, he still wished to be able to focus more. If not for his responsibilities, he might have just mixed in with the masses and continued to cause mayhem plus gather information on his adversaries.
Gather Info 15 if it goes off spy craft or 7 if its off int(since he has no investigation). Either way, the dice gods hate me so I give in to their wrath this time.
Saturday 10th, Marsh 2019 - Herald the Night Pt. 2: The Blight After
Before departing, Diego made sure to visit the botanist to give his personal assurance they will meet when the pressing mission is resolved. Peter and Iona would be a better fit for the meeting, but Diego didn't want to just blow it off entirely. There was appearances and all that. Next, he got a good route through the city based on Sanders knowledge and arranged to borrow a vehicle making sure to say where it was parked so it could be reclaimed in the worse case scenario.

Since they would be traveling to Singapore, Diego shifted into a thirty something Argentinian man wearing a casual type suit that wouldn't stand out too much. Go with what you know, as Diego always like to tell himself. So, he went under the cover of an art agent working on behalf of an unknown client due to the illicit nature of the deal. Iona's offer of being the "girl friend", was predictably rebuffed. "It might help if you do with some of the men. Attractive women make superb distractions. Some might not even mind you are not human if they found out.", replies Diego.

Upon arrival and more than a few close calls, Diego finally leaves the vehicle at the appointed hiding area. His previous venture to the area had ended up proving useful. This was his element. Not the loud music, which he thought was rubbish, but the blending in and working people. It was made all the more easier with his powers. Dipping into their cash reserves bothered him a bit, but there was nothing else they could do. It wasn't like it could buy them an arsenal anyway. If all worked out, which i rarely did for the group, they would have the resources of a former Praetor at their disposal.

Like old times, he sought out a contact of loose moral character that could be bought to make introductions. Marco fit the bill. After getting the introduction made, Diego waves the others to join him. "In your line of work, having a body guard is common. Doesn't hurt that you have such a lovely one at that.", says Diego submitting to the pat down giving a cheeky smile. All it would find was two cell phones and a near empty wallet. The rubbish collector he had killed earlier had a condom, one of those free burritos after buying 10 cards, and a few other basics which helped sell the wallet.

"Mi amigo Marco says you might be able to help us out. I have some business to conduct in Singapore and going through Stronghold to do it and come back will cause me and my helpers some issues. While I do not have a large amount of money, we do have a unique ability to get things done that might prove useful for you.", says Diego once they all get settled nodding to each of his teammates.
Persuasion 21 before anyone aids if interested.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 2

Normally, Peter wouldn't have much concerns about this outing, except that now Ascension presented the continued practical issue and longstanding debate about how to cover up his appearance. Finally, he simply decided to test out the 'burn victim' approach, his head, neck and hands were swathed in medical bandages and a shirt with the writing I barely survived a forest fire and all I got was this shirt.

Well, it might not quite fit with Hadron City, but in Ward 23's less than reputable setting and lack of cameras, it would have to do. It would come across better in Singapore perhaps? When Iona made her suggestion, Peter shrugged. "Diego has a point, but if you're not comfortable with doing so, I'm willing to be a stand-in for signficant other."

Like Iona, Peter let Diego do the talking for this group. He had no weapons, just a burner phone and wallet with cash to cover appearances.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Corporal Sander's aesthetic style tends towards sexy-casual, not nerdy hipster, so she isn't able to meet Iona's exact requests when they skew in that direction. Tilly also reminds Iona that Flux is a night club run by South American gangers. Not a cafe'. Not drawing attention doesn't mean dressing down, it often means blending in. While the woman is willing to lend Iona some assistance and clothing for the outing, she encourages Iona to develop her own wardrobe and not rely on borrowing things.
OOC wrote:Supernaturalist, I still need a Deception check from you for Iona toning down her supernatural Attractiveness.
Though Diego is given access to a secure room and a library of digital documents on Anastasia he isn't able to pull the information together in a way that is useful for him. A lot of reading through files on a person involved seeing between the lines, connecting dots, and hearing what isn't said about a person or subject. While the information about Anastasia is there, Diego isn't able to see the bigger picture through the raw data in front of him. His mind too busy with the distractions assailing his thoughts and the unenviable weight of his growing unwanted responsibilities.

At Flux, Iona is a woman at a nigh club. She gets picked up on and harassed to some degree even with Peter playing the part of boyfriend. Peter, as expected, draws a lot of attention just walking around. He's treated like a leper by most. They doesn't want to touch or be near him, there is ample social awkwardness, and there are almost always some people eying him but pretending not to be looking at him.

Dutches' companion, Michelle, doesn't balk at patting Peter down when they're finished with Iona and Diego. When they're done they step back and speak in a husky voice out of the side of their mouth to Dutch while their green eyes remain on your party. They say something to him in what Iona and Diego can identify as French, and Peter may be able to guess at the language.
OOC wrote:Iona understands Michelle as they say the following: 'No weapons. No wire. This one is weird though. Feels like metal. Toy robot maybe. They have those here, right? That or body armor.'

Diego, make a Linguistic check, DC 15. If you meet the DC you don't get it word for word, but have a vague idea of what is said.
The Irishman listens, then offers a playful snarl in the direction of the green and black clad androgynous figure serving as his guardian.

"I love it when you speak in French."

Turning his head he then addresses the group, briefly flashing his teeth at them.

"Just want to bite her."

While Dutch talks, Michelle proves detached enough to go unphased by the man's commentary. After a pause, during which he smiled to himself and pour himself a shot of whiskey from a bottle situated to his right, he spoke on.

"I'm sure your business in Singapore is important, but I sense a story here … and I can't not hear it. How'd you get the mummy wrap?"

As he took up the shot glass for a drink Dutch looked past Diego, who had made a point of presenting himself at the group's voice, and looked directly at Peter. Expectantly, and insensitively, awaiting his story for being wrapped up in bandages.
Last edited by Sakuro on Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego knew the next things the trio said would be crucial and make or break the whole plan of getting smuggled out of the city. Still, he didn't want to jump in. That would look suspicious if he spoke for the others and he didn't want to cause anymore issues than were already present in a transaction inherently. Instead, he waited.
Supernaturalist

Iona
OOC: Iona understands Michelle as they say the following: 'No weapons. No wire. This one is weird though. Feels like metal. Toy robot maybe. They have those here, right? That or body armor."'
Toy robot? Freak! How dare you! I’m nobody’s toy.

The young cyborg remains silent. She clings to Peter’s arm and keeps up the whole “boyfriend-girlfriend” charade. Her face partially rests against Peter’s arm in an attempt to conceal her beauty from the crowd.
OOC: "I'm sure your business in Singapore is important, but I sense a story here … and I can't not hear it. How'd you get the mummy wrap?"
Iona longs to make up a medical excuse but weighs that against the risk of saying too much. Instead, she allows Diego to take spokesman-authority while her eyes scan the club.
OOC: Here’s my deception roll: Supernaturalist:1D20+10 → 18(8 + 10)
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 2->1

Well, now it was on him, apparently. Peter sighed as if remembering something he didn't really want to. Realistically, a forest fire couldn't happen in Hadron, but there was another options. "Strictly speaking, it wasn't a fire. It was several months ago, back when Stronghold was still fighting Imperator's people for control of the city. Everyone's keeping their heads down and hidden so we don't get caught in the crossfire, right?"

"Well, one blessed day, it looked actually clear and safe since the fighting had gone elsewhere. And Sara's birthday was that week, so I thought we could go out, actually celebrate. I was an idiot. Halfway to the restaurant a friend of mine ran, hovercycles and tanks start rolling in. We ran into one of the alleyways before the shooting started. We were rounding one of the buildings, when a hovercycle flew out of control and crashed through the wall. I pushed Sara out of the way before all that debris and gunk came down on us... Apparently that was a place where Imperator was keeping super-science stuff, chemicals and the like."

Peter shuddered. "Somehow, I survived, but trust me. You don't want to see what I look like beneath these bandages. I'm wearing the shirt because I told the real story, someone will probably want to make me into a lab rat. Hoping we can find some plastic surgeons who might be able to make me look like less of a freak."
Deception: 1d20 13
HP reroll: 1d20 7+10 = 17
That's better. So you guys should be able to make assist rolls to make it work out.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:Aid won't have an impact here. Dutch is making a point of ignoring comments from Diego and Iona, and is focusing on Peter's response. If they try to comment, he'll hold up a hand to stop them.
Pale blue eyes watch Peter intently. Scrutinizing and judging him with every word he spoke. Every movement he made. While the Irishman's demeanor remained relaxed and in control, his eyes said something different when he looked at Peter. The story finished and Dutch poured himself another shot. Peter could feel the way Dutch looked at him shift, ease up again.

"Not bad. Could be better. I suggest leaving out the Hadron City and Imperator portion. Pick another warzone. Hadron City get's too much scrutiny."

Tossing back the tiny glass of whiskey he motioned for the group to join him at the table. Michelle slid back into the booth, settling in beside Dutch and as they did so the red haired man brought his arm up to hook around the portion of the booth behind his companion. Not touching them, but giving the impression of putting an arm around the bodyguard. Dutch eyed Iona for a few seconds, then brought his attention to Diego and spoke directly to him rather than the group.

"So, Singapore. Just the three of you? Any medical conditions or special situations that need to be considered … like metal plates in someone's head? Any non-human cargo?"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"So, Singapore. Just the three of you? Any medical conditions or special situations that need to be considered … like metal plates in someone's head? Any non-human cargo?"
Diego didn't skip a beat. He maintained his calm demeanor and cover as effortlessly as one puts on pants in the morning. This wasn't his first rodeo with smugglers. "My associate isn't the most appealing to look at, so his story is still in the works. He's no Borges. It will be just the three of us who need a way into Singapore and back to here. I've found too many makes things complicated and expensive.", says Diego in a Spanish accent that sounds native to Argentina.

Reclining, he looks at Iona and Peter. "My bandaged associate has a unique appearance that would cause much more of a stir than walking around in bandages at a local nocturno. For the kind of business we're here for, I think you agree too much of a scene isn't a good thing. As for the mamacita hanging all over him, well you know how they used to do all sorts of weird stuff here. Even in Hadron City people use science for fun. Let's just say there is a reason she looks the way she does and might set off a few metal detectors because of what happen to her. Either of them walking around natural looking would turn most heads.", continues Diego being a bit more conversational with his answers than in his usual form.

"They are good help though despite their drawbacks. I'm sure we can come to some sort of an arrangement that would benefit both of us given what my associates and I are capable.", finishes Diego with his ask me anything smile. If it was a movie it would be the scene where the charismatic protagonist tries to charm his way into controlling the local drug trade.