[IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Deadline

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: The Blight After

Post by Sakuro »

Dutch seemed disinterested in hearing excess details and long winded explinations now that he'd discerned you were liars. He didn't interrupt or ignore Diego, but he only really listened when the fake-Argentinean said something pertinent and useful. Such as confirming that metal detectors may be an issue and both Iona and Peter's appearances were something that needed to be taken into consideration.

"Look, if you leave something out that ends up biting me in the butt when I'm doing a job for you, I'm cutting you lot loose."

He didn't speak as though threatening Diego. The words were a warning of how things are, or had to be. If you made his work harder, your were costing him in an inherently dangerous occupation. Dutch waited a beat to see if Diego wanted to any anything else, but he didn't press further. After a short span he took out two smartphones from his jacket, one at a time, and began poking at their screens with his thumbs.

"You said you want to trade services. We can do that."

Dutch stopped working at the smartphone, placed one back in his pocket. The other was set down on the tabletop, and pushed towards Diego. When Diego looked at it over he found an GPS coordinates. Then the address for St. Luke's Hospital in Wichita. There was also the image of a brown haired man dark skinned man with blue eyes, a name, and patient number. Then their was a second set of GPS coordinates. Last was a phone number in the contacts list.

"After you leave here take some pictures of yourself and the girlie against a single color background. Send them to the number in the contacts list. They'll be used for setting up your ID and passports. I'll work something out for the Mummy."

"Tomorrow at eight AM, go to the first set of GPS coordinates. You'll get picked up, taken out of the city, and given a vehicle. Head to the hospital and get that guy's heart. Then head to the last set of GPS coordinates. Hand off the heart and you'll get your documents and setup for your trip to Singapore. Sound good?"

While he described the series of events Dutch began pouring out two shots of whiskey. After they were both poured and the bottle was set down, he pushed the shot glass he had not been drinking from towards Diego. Right when he asked if what he described what agreeable to Diego. The shared drink being meant to seal the deal.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: Haunted, but fine
Form: Solid

"Look, if you leave something out that ends up biting me in the butt when I'm doing a job for you, I'm cutting you lot loose."
"This is not the first time I have dealt with getting transportation through means like this. If I wasn't clear enough, the woman is a product of Hadron's city past knowledge before Stronghold took over. As your bodyguard felt, she has some qualities that are not quite human which will be a problem with metal detectors. Despite her appearance though, she is useful for the job we have in Singapore. My other colleague has an appearance that is also a product of this city that will cause problems if he takes off the bandages. Speaking for myself, I used to work for the U.S government at times until I left their employ. So, it would be better if we can avoid as much scrutiny as possible. Anything else relevant to transportation arrangement you need to know?", said Diego as plainly as he could without sounding hostile.
"After you leave here take some pictures of yourself and the girlie against a single color background. Send them to the number in the contacts list. They'll be used for setting up your ID and passports. I'll work something out for the Mummy."

"Tomorrow at eight AM, go to the first set of GPS coordinates. You'll get picked up, taken out of the city, and given a vehicle. Head to the hospital and get that guy's heart. Then head to the last set of GPS coordinates. Hand off the heart and you'll get your documents and setup for your trip to Singapore. Sound good?"

Diego nodded and picked up the shot. Mimicking the habits of the Argentinian U.N ambassador and staff he once worked for, he took the shot. "The terms are agreeable. Any special circumstances we should be aware? The more you can tell us the more likely we are to get what you need.", inquires Diego.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After Diego took the drink, Dutch knocked back his in one go then set the glass back down on the table.

"I'm not going to play twenty questions with you. Got better things to do. You feel something is a concern, for example luggage or cargo besides you three, tell me now. Think of me like a lawyer. I'm handicapped unless I know what problems to tackle."

The man's hands spread out and waved outwards with that final statement, gesturing widely. He gave Diego some time to offer up any information he care to, then set to answering the question that was posed to him.

"The local PD has some people guarding a prisoner that is there for ... I don't know what. They'll be in a different part of the hospital. Shouldn't be an issue if you know what you're doing. St. Luke is also part of testing for a contraption called an Organ Care System that is supposed to extend the longevity of transplant organs outside the body. If you find yourself bogged down, that can keep the heart viable longer. They're bulky from what I hear. Don't have any specifics on it, or where it might be stored."

There was a pause, the Dutch let out a puff of air.

"That's all I've got. Was going to pass on the job until you came along. I do transportation, not extraction."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:2
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array)
PP:0

There is a lot of information to process. The female cyborg stands silently for several minutes, clutching Peter's arm all the while. As she listens to Dutch and Diego go back and forth, Iona realizes that there are details that are either unclear or need mentioning. When there is a lull in the conversation, between the two men, she turns her eyes to Dutch and softly speaks up. "There are just a few pertinent questions that I have. First, is this person at St. Luke's hospital giving us a heart or are we to surgically remove his own heart, thus terminating him?" Iona though committed to the Cause hoped to avoid any unnecessary killing. Her first instincts were not to be callous towards life in general. Her next thoughts were about how to remove a heart properly and store it for transport. That takes time. It's unlikely the hospital staff will stand idly by while Iona procures the Organ Care System, operates on the patient, and then loads the system up on a truck. While her mind runs through various scenarios, she continues to speak.

"And if I might add, what if we need to transport cargo back from Singapore? Perhaps people and and even machinery. What would be the limit on individuals and other bulk cargo for the return trip?" She pauses both to ponder other pertinent questions and to give Dutch an opportunity to answer.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

When Iona's spoke up Dutch looked to her as if just noticing her. Her initial questioning about the heart earned her a look that seemed to as 'are you serious?'.THen he brought up his right hand and used the index and middle fingers to make a siccoring action.

"Yes. Remove the man's heart. I wouldn't be sending you lot if all that needed doing was to pick up a package."

"Got room for eight on the bird you'll be flying in. More if you cram in tight. About three cubic meters for cargo space. That's about one hundred five cubic feet. Going to have to make a few stops both ways. If we aren't carrying much cargo I can load more fuel, meaning less stops and fewer chances of getting caught. Which is one reason why I'm asking for information about cargo."

"You want mass transport, I have planes for that. Need to know what you want transported though. More specifically than 'machinery'. There's also the question of if you care about the people you want to bring in country having documents. That ups the price and time."

After offering up some possible options he made a cutting gesture with his right hand.

"This heart gig wouldn't cover it though. It'd have to be a separate deal. If you have goods to move, perhaps you have some to barter with."
Supernaturalist

Iona

Her eyes drift away from Dutch's when she hears that she must murder someone for the heart. From time to time Iona reflects on her own nature and now is such a moment. Why did Master make me so? To brood over killing others for the Cause. It seems like a flaw to me at times.

"If it must be done, then it must be done." Iona says with a noticeable tone of reluctance in her voice.

She looks to Peter and then ultimately to Diego. "So what of the things with which we are to return? We will almost certainly need more transportation-space than our present agreement provides. I'm willing to to assess my supplies and equipment for a potential barter. What do the both of you think?"
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima

"No." Peter disagreed. "No bartering of supplies, equipment or cuts of what we acquire, hon. We need to keep all we can. Besides, once we're done, well, money won't be an issue." They couldn't spare the resources, and Imperator tech shouldn't go into the hands of an independent criminal. As for the heart, Peter had already hardened himself to the requirements of killing as part of duty. The only difference here was the part of removing a man's heart from his body, which only presented a visceral reaction which he was unlikely to feel.

Substantively, it made no difference. *With Anastasia's resources and social networks, we may be able to have the money and connections to arrange our own transportation back, otherwise, we probably pay off this man then.* Peter observed over the cyber-network to Diego.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego calmly nods when Peter voices his disagreement. "Our employer has it quite clear he doesn't like sharing. He's also not one to be too flexible with his position when it comes to his terms for us. He's just one of those bosses. After we pull off our job though, I'm sure we'll be able to have more work coming your way though with more currency too possibly. For this trip though, we only anticipate the three of us with minimal equipment. We'll also be bringing back some smaller amount of equipment possibly. We weren't provided the weight or specifics ourselves, but we know they will be able to maybe a few crates at most.", says Diego. Iona needed to start thinking before she spoke. It was going well enough. The three of them get transport over, kill Anastasia, and hopefully get her assets for Praetor Null.

Doing the job should be sufficient to pay off this man for our transport both ways. Getting any resources we acquire back should be handled through means other than him unless they are standard military equipment. We may be able to arm our soldiers a little better plus bring back heavier explosives. I would not trust him with cargo meant for Praetor Null that had any super science value. Hopefully, Anastasia has a pilot and her forces have some means of transport for themselves if we can get them on our side., sends Diego over the link.

Bringing himself to address the next point about the heart, Diego didn't even seem the least bit bothered by the whole idea. He might as well have been told the grass is green or cows eat grass. "Despite one of my people being less than a capable liar and the other being a bit new to the game, we are more than capable of getting the heart. One of us is a highly skilled doctor who should have no problem with the procedure. The woman would need to tell you the time required to perform it though for your planning. I'm only the pretty face.", finishes Diego.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

As each of you speaks up on the topic that Iona had broached, using Dutch to transport whatever gains you aquired in Singapore, the Irishman looks between speakers. At the end of the conflicting comments his brow furrows. THen he shakes his head at the scene. Finally he setles his eyes back on Diego as the man with the stolen face puts some order to conflicting lines of thought.

"A doctor, good. The real time constraints are on your end. Your doctor will be able to confirm that a transplant organ is best put to use within four hours. After that success rates drop. The OCS should extend that to somewhere around twelve hours from what I've been told."

There is a brief pause, then Dutch motions away from the table.

"That about wraps things up then. Best of luck to you."
Supernaturalist

Iona

Iona looks around to all the faces at the table. The tone in her voice is somber. “If I do not have to concern myself with the man’s well-being, then I can have the heart removed properly in a little more than an hour. This OCS device should be procured in order to give us a large margin of error during the transportation period. My peers and I will discuss the details later.

She now began to think about the fine details of the surgical procedure. Medical texts would need to be referenced to make sure that the procedure is well understood beforehand. Cardiovascular surgery was not her specialty, but one of which she did have substantial knowledge. The fact that she must only complete a small portion of the heart transplant procedure actually simplifies things. The hardest part will be terminating the patient. As before, she could not help but wonder why Dr. Sokolov created her to have such profound sadness of that thought. Someday she might have the courage to ask him. For now, only thoughts about the procedure should occupy my mind.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego cordially nods as the man leaves with his body guard. After they leave, Diego gets up to go as well a minute or two later signaling the others to come along. Getting back to the place they left the car, Diego was glad to be out of the possible mess yet still kept up his face. Surprisingly, Diego didn't say a word during the drive back to the base. His appearance was still one of the seasoned operative calm and cool. Even going back in through the secret entrance, he still remained silent until the three of them got to a conference room. The same they met with Praetor Null.

Once the door closed, Diego changed back into his native form and broke his silence. "If we are to succeed, we cannot be giving away too much information before it is needed to provide. Transporting an army is a big affair that he likely would have taken his payment as part of what we brought back. That is unacceptable.", begins Diego. "in the future, it would be wise to think and coordinate before exposing all of us.", adds Diego clearly annoyed yet his cold voice betrays no emotion.

"As for the matter of the heart. I assume you know how or can learn how to extract a heart Iona so we can put it into the machine that preserves it. The life of the patient is of no concern. We can leave his body easy enough in the hospital morgue after we have what we need. Would you be able to get into the hospital computers Peter to ensure we can get the machine without issue if they use computerized records for it's use? Your bandages will fit in at the hospital if you keep your story simple. Perhaps an accident of some sort that would not draw too much media attention. Recovering from a plastic surgery procedure may also work.", inquires Diego of his two compatriots.
Supernaturalist

Iona
Once the door closed, Diego changed back into his native form and broke his silence. "If we are to succeed, we cannot be giving away too much information before it is needed to provide. Transporting an army is a big affair that he likely would have taken his payment as part of what we brought back. That is unacceptable.", begins Diego. "in the future, it would be wise to think and coordinate before exposing all of us.", adds Diego clearly annoyed yet his cold voice betrays no emotion.
"If there is any 'exposure', it is in your minds." She says looking to both Diego and Peter. "I made no suggestion of giving this smuggler any materials or persons from the potential success of our mission. Any thoughts of payment are to take place prior to departure. Unless we are only planning to kill Anastasia, we will assuredly need extra transportation-space. What plans do you have for that?" Agitation is evident in her tone as her arms fold in front of her.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima

"Both of you, stop." Peter, to some exasperation, found himself having to mediate between Diego and Iona. "Diego's right, we can't afford to give away anything before or after reaching Singapore. Iona, you're also right that we'll have to figure out return transportation, though it may depend on what Anastasia leaves behind, which may include money to pay off Dutch for the return."

Then he moved on to Diego's question. "As for the hospital, I can breach the hospital's computers, gather more information and introduce appropriate records shortly, as Hadron City's physical connection requirement won't apply here."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego let the others say their peace before starting. Iona was firm in her naivety and he learned to never argue with a fool as it only mad everyone look foolish. "I merely warned you so if you compromise the mission or any future ones it will be your responsibility and punishment to bear. You will not be able to plead ignorance. Peter is correct, once we assess the resources we can get from Anastasia if any arrangements can be mad for transport. Using the smuggler who also deals in arms to move a small army would certainly gain his attention requiring not just the cost of moving, but also the cost of silence. Of the two, silence I have found is more expensive. He would also likely ask for a cut of the shipment if he knew it was possibly Hadron City science weaponry.", says Diego without skipping a beat. His voice wasn't one of anger or impatience. Instead, it kept up the general cold and unfeeling cadence that was natural for him now.

Turning his attentions towards Peter, Diego kept up the same tone his words were less pointed this time though. "If you can do it from this location without compromising security please do it. We already lost one base due to signals being transmitted out. Whatever records you need to modify, please ensure it is not too obvious. If you need help in that regard I can assist you. Getting the heart and machine to keep it alive out of the hospital will require more than simply a good cover story. Records will greatly help in selling the cover. If the procedure for checking out and using the machine is available that would be useful as well. After Iona gets the heart out, we will need to move quickly.", says Diego.
Supernaturalist

Iona

Perhaps it is best to leave the concerns about logistical issues to Diego. Things may fall into place and transportation of personnel and equipment may simply be available. This, of course, assumes that the assassination of Anastasia is a success.

After Diego finishes speaking with Peter, Iona chimes in again her tone more congenial and gentle. "So, what do we feel is the best way to proceed? Are we to abduct this man and return him here for the procedure? Are we to split up, with one group obtaining the Organ Care System whilst the other group acquires the patient? If you have a plan for me, that is fine. I just want to know my role so as to avoid any missteps. I have enough to think about regarding the medical procedure and its details. If that fails then all our work is for naught."
OOC: Would Iona know anything about the OCS technology? If so would she know how relaible it is? Are there any complications/vulnerabilities in using it?
Here's my updated Expertise: Physician roll: Supernaturalist:1D20+15 → 35(20 + 15)