For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: The Blight After

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP: 0
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array)
PP:0

"We need to hurry." Iona intensifies the magnetic field levitating Jacob's body so that he is accelerated to the pace of a fast walk. With Iona under one arm and Peter under the other, Jacob's metal-encased torso is directed to the alleyway on the right.
OOC: I'm intentionally steering him into the right alley that is a little further from the Police approaching us from the left. I want to make them travel further to get to us.
"Once we get into the alley we need to keep going. If the police choose to pursue us, make them chase us deep into the alley. If Diego needs to deal with them, at least they will not be out in the open."
OOC: Here's my Athletics roll: Supernaturalist: 1D20 → 20(20). Someday my luck will run out, I just hope I'm not there to see it. :)
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
CND: Haunted, but fine
Form: Solid(Police)

Last time a bomb scare helped sow chaos leading to an escape. Diego loathed to use the same type of tactic again, but there was no getting around it. The acid filled sack of whatever has been breeched and sooner rather than later everyone would know about it already. So, there really was no harm in expediting the discovery. "Run! Acid is dissolving the ground and whatever creatures were under the ground are loose! We need to out of the area now! Theres no time move, move, move!", exclaims Diego making a full sprint for the alley.
Last edited by mrdent12 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 2->1

Peter hurtled along with Diego, Iona and the bound Jacob. Trying as he could, the Ascendant transformation didn't provide extra mobility or speed advantages.
Athletics: 1d20 10
HP reroll: 1d20 13
Wub wub wub.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

One of the officers that broke away from the line heads to the three people Diego killed earlier. He take the time to check the bodies for signs of life while the other three sprint after you. The two women and a man move like people use to chasing down criminals on a daily basis. They rapidly gain ground on your group as Diego and Peter lag behind.

"Stop! You four need to come with us."

... shouts one of the women in a commanding, authoritive voice. The sort you'd expect from a policewoman demanding compliance from panicking civilians.

Iona, unhindered by burden of having to physically carry Jacob, is able to muster a significant burst of speed. Enough that she begins to leave Diego and Peter behind. Enough to prevent the police from catching her, but not so much that she is able to outdistance them. If she chooses to maintain her sprint, she'll leave Diego and Peter behind, however. The three officers are already drawing close to them, pulling out tasers and preparing to employ them on Diego and Peter if they do not cease running.

Further away, back past the way you have come from, Diego's warning of danger riles of the civilians on the far side of the police perimeter. Their screams, shouts, and discordant flight are enough to hold the remaining officers there in position and keep them occupied for the time being.
OOC wrote: There are no criticals on Skill checks. Diego also convinced people that you four are potentially virus ridden escapees from the hospital. Getting the four of you rangled is a priority, more so than turning around to deal with panicked civilians.

The three officers catch up with Diego and Peter.

Iona may choose to leave them behind and maintain distance from the police, but she doesn't run fast enough to outright loose them. Also note, Iona is carrying a 200ish pound man and running at a sprint. There is no way that looks normal, even if Peter were there to "help".
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Iona

Iona continues her hurried pace into the alleyway on the right side of the pizzeria. Outpacing Diego and even Peter, she appears to take on the burden of carrying Jacob by herself. For any onlooker, her thin frame, sprinting with an unconscious man hefted upon her shoulder, looks quite unnatural.

Still, she does not slow down. The young cyborg makes her way well into the alley when the police catch up to her comrades. They can handle themselves. I need to locate the van.
OOC: Does Iona recognize her position relative to the van? If I need to make a Perception roll, then let me know.
Hurrying past trashcans and loose garbage, she heads for the opening at the opposite end of the alley. All the while she tries to get her bearings and orient herself to the direction of the van.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona's mechanized leg carry her fleetly through the dark and dank alley, past detritus and debris, and out to the other side. Out, into a small rear parkinglot behind the pizza parlor. Looking around Iona does not immediately recognize her location. She's never been here before. But she see street names on road side signs and compares them to her memory of maps and the relative location of the van. It shouldn't be too difficult finding the van. But she needed to get past the police perimeter.

As she reflected on this Iona senses magnetic materials moving towards her from the road: the direction of the police perimeter. Ducking down behind an abandoned parked car at the road side and peering around the back bumper she sees four uniformed officers jogging down the street in her direction. They're moving in the direction of the alley she had just exited from. For now they have not noticed her, but they soon will if she does not do something.
OOC wrote:The van is past the police perimeter. Out of the way, and out of line of sight of the police. But it's general location is a straight line from the street Iona left Diego and Peter on. In short, yes, Iona can locate the van easily. But she needs to get past the police perimeter first.

If you want to try to remain unnoticed, Iona needs to make a Stealth check.

I am going to hold off on responding the Diego and Peter's situation until each of them have posted their actions.
Supernaturalist

Iona

The female cyborg senses the approaching officers. Though she could see them if she continued to peer around the car, it might get her spotted. Instead, she relies on her metallic sense which allows her to sense the moving metal on the officers against the still cars, trash cans, and dumpsters. As the officers fan out, she tries to keep herself and the body of Jacob, now levitating just a few inches off the ground, hidden on the opposite side of the vehicle.

She is glad that Jacob is still unconscious. Despite the roughly form-fitting stainless-steel case around his torso, being levitated around in it could not be comfortable.
OOC: If the police start to get too close to my position, I’d like to use my magnetic control to tip over a trashcan in the alley way from which I came. I’m not sure how this will affect my stealth roll (or even if it will). Perhaps I can get a deception roll if I fail. 😊 Anyway here is my Stealth roll: Supernaturalist: 1D20 → 2(2). Yikes, a 2. I'm pretty sure that is a fail. So, I'm not sure if it's warranted, but I'll include a deception roll just in case. I'm trying to overturn (or move) a metal object in the alleyway to distract the police so that I can move to a new position. Here's the roll: Supernaturalist: 1D20+8 → 16(8 + 8). Okay a total of 16.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"We need to get away from here! The ground is just getting eaten by the acid in the sewer and whatever creatures that were in the basement of the hospital are out in those sewers! You got to listen to me. Everyone needs to run now!", exclaims Diego as he tries to run farther from the cops. Not being in solid form for a long duration the last few weeks is showing its effects though. He wasn't the most athletic before his transformation and now the movements failed him when he tried to run.

Iona would hopefully make it out. Peter and him could manage well enough. Worse come to worse, he could always resort to drastic measures. Another hope that ran through his mind was that the creatures would come up, which would horrify most people. Diego wasn't a person. It was a cold calculation. It didn't matter though because he didn't control them, but the thought did cross his mind that if controlled they would make an excellent army. For now, he had to make the best of it.
Athletics 4 to make some distance, yeah not going to happen
Persuasion 15 Really rolled a 3 followed by a 2, ridiculous
Persuasion is to get the crowd and whoever will listen to run in a panic.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 1

"Have you seen how fast the acid's going? It'll reach the crowd within a few minutes, if not sooner! You need to evacuate everyone!" Peter added, while still going. At this point he was not going to be able to get away from the officers, but if they could divert their attention...
Using Aid on Diego's Persuasion: Persuasion: 1d20+4 22
Persuasion: 1d20+4 22
Wow. +5, raising the total to 20.
Games
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

In the distance the officer that had paused to check on the woman and men Diego had killed raises from their crouched posture and joins the pursuit. More immediately, two of the officers on Diego and Peter's heels continue to run full tilt, while the third shows signs of winding and slows down. The two that continue to run at a blistering speed soon catch up with the two Ascendants. This close, if they were to look back at their pursuers, Diego and Peter would be able to note that the officers are wearing masks and gloves.

At the mouth of the alley the two officers reach out with gloved hands and attempt to grasp hold of the two of you. While Diego nimbly avoids his attacker, the other is able to lay hands on Peter and tries to restrain him.

"I said STOP! You can't run around here. We will take you some place safe."
OOC wrote:Given the circumstances, the DC for your Persuasion check is raised by one degree. You still manage to push them past Indifferent, however. This prevents them from opening fire on Diego and Peter, as they were going to this round. However, they still have the disposition of needing to contain you, because of the risk you represent to the rest of the populace.

Two officers catch up to Peter and Diego. They try to Grab hold of each of you.

The one trying to restrain Peter connects. Make a DC 12 Strength or Dodge check. One degree of failure means Peter is Immobile and Vulnerable. Two or more degrees leaves you Defenseless, Immobile, and Impaired.

Iona can hear all this shouting in the alley behind her. She's almost sandwiched between the police coming from each direction.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona sets Jacob down, and as she lets go of him the metal supporting his body clatters against the pavement. It was a cringe worthy sound that had to have been heard by someone. But Iona', given that she was hunkered down and avoided trying to expose herself to view and that she was relying on her more exotic sense, she couldn't see the police to know how exactly they were reacting.

Deciding to attempt a diversion the cyborg reaches out with magnetic manipulators. The air blurs and rippled visibly between herself an a trash cash in the alley that she had previously fled from. There is a rattling, then a loud clamor as can is tipped over. The police stop moving for a moment, them break up into two pairs. The first heads to the alley and moves into position to cut off Diego and Peter. The other pair Iona can sense advancing on her position. Heading directly towards her, but moving from cover to cover as they advance.
OOC wrote:One of the officers beat Iona's Deception check to Trick the police into searching in the wrong area. Also note, Iona does not have Subtle on her Magnetic Powers. This means people can notice she is using a Power even if they do not have a Detect or Awareness Sense.

Diego and Peter will see two police officers walk into view at the other end of the alley. You're pinned between two groups right now.
Supernaturalist

Iona

The young cyborg remains still, hidden behind the abandoned car. Her ability to sense magnetic materials provides her with the location of the approaching officers. With Jacob lying at her feet, she must be careful how she deals with the two officers. If bullets start flying, her captive could be struck.

Concentrating, she primes powers, ready to deal with the two policemen when they get close enough.
OOC: I have a couple of ideas on how to deal with the policemen, but they are situational. If one or both of the cops circle around the car, then I’ll Ready my Electricity Blast. I’ll have to attack one at a time as it is obviously not AoE. If the cops decide to use the car for cover and simply demand that I show myself, then I’ll use my magnetic control to flip the car on top of one (or both). So, my combat action will depend on their response.
Here's my init roll: Supernaturalist: 1D20 → 1(1). Ok, a 1. It looks like my die rolling has had a turn around.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 1

Peter skittered backwards, easily moving out of range of the grab. Then he saw the other two police officers coming out, blocking the other end. Hopefully Iona could bring Jacob to the van unobstructed?

*We're surrounded, Diego. What's the plan?*
Dodge: 1d20+6 25
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

They got separated. If Iona and Jacob were still with them, there was more options. Peter could break through a wall to allow separation, they could all hopefully find a car to slam through the police perimeter, or any number of things. Now it was not just an escape, but chasing Iona away from where they needed so they could all get away. All told, it was becoming a mess.

We need to get to Iona and Jacob to find a vehicle to escape in. Running clearly will not work. Iona's already used her powers once and under threat she is likely to do it again. All our careful actions in the hospital will be nullified. Stronghold will not be far away once powers start becoming obvious. I am going to try and cause a distraction by slowly transforming into one of those creatures and making a break for the crowd., replies Diego over the link. He was straining for anything other than all out combat, but couldn't see a better way.

With a panicked look on his face, his muscles tighten and slowly his features mildly change to what he imagined the very initial phases of the creatures transformation would look like except with sharp fingers. "I can't...", says Diego straining. "One of those things got to me in the hospital and I can't...", continues Diego with his voice in agony. His eyes slightly shift to look like the creatures, just enough for what he imagined an early stage infection would look like.

Slashing out wildly at the cop closest to Peter if possible or the one who tried to grab him, Diego lets out a scream. "No!!!!", exclaims Diego loudly bolting towards the perimeter and hopefully into somewhere he could conceal himself in the shadows sight unseen to lure some cops away.
Insight 16 of if I can use Deception its a 19
Either way, Diego sees through it.
Deception 26 to make the morph into a human looking creature believable
Standard: Take 10 on a +5/-5 power attack for 17 to hit the cop near Peter, assuming they are next to Diego as well for DC 27 toughness
Move: Sprint towards the crowd angling for somewhere with shadows he could duck into if possible
Athletics 17 in case it helps him move faster

Init 6
Last edited by mrdent12 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego's false human feature, stolen from another person, begin to warp. None of the creatures he had seen looked exactly the same. Some had caprice growing over their skins and multi faceted eyes. Others had scales and reptilian eyes. Still others had dead eyes and leathery hide. Borrowing from one of these the people around him watch in horror as his features become less and less human. Weapons that had been lowered were now being raised and aimed at him. But Diego struck first.

A pained scream went out. Warm blood washed over Diego's claw-fingers, and the woman fell to the ground bleeding out on the street. One of the officers catching up with you shouts into their radio. The words 'Stronghold' and 'monster' being uttered in their request for backup. Two of the officers chase after Diego as he flees towards the police perimeter, while one stays with Peter. Those in the alley begin running to join the chase.

The officer a remaining to manage Peter points their gun at him and shouts,

"Down on the ground, NOW!"

Leaving Peter behind, Diego sprints away from the police. He can hear shouts behind him and the sounds of footwear beating at the pavement as two run after him. Diego runs down the length of the pizza parlor and to the alley on the opposite side of the one Iona had retreated through. There were shadows there, so he turns the corner to break line of sight with the police.

Across the alley from Peter, in a small parking lot behind a shop, Iona waits for the police to make their move. As they draw closer the two moving magnetic signatures split up. One flanks left, the other flanks right. Both go wide, away from the car she is concealed behind, and come at her from opposite directs. Each one using a different car for cover. As she watches and waits she sees the two officers simultaneously move to bring their side arms to bear on her while shielding most of their bodies with the vehicles in the parking lot. The one on her right calls out. It is a woman, and her tone is commanding.

"On your knees! Hands behind your head!"
OOC wrote:The officer aiming his weapon at Peter is clearly Readying an Action to shoot him if he runs or takes a hostile Action. There are also two more officers running towards him from the alley he was about to enter.

Diego can make his way to the alley on the other side of the pizza parlor, but doesn't have the Action economy to shift forms and use his Concealment this round. We are semi-narrative here, but there is still a back and forth of you Acting then the NPCs Acting.

Both officers near Iona are clearly using Ready Actions to attack Iona if she takes a hostile Action.

Diego and Peter are aware that Stronghold has been called in to help out. They were stationed little more than a block away from your location. It won't take them long to respond. You only have a couple rounds before they show up and you can be certain they won't give you the wiggle room the police have.