For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Recovery

Post by Supernaturalist »

John Steiner
HP:0
Cnd: Normal
PP:

John has no clue what Iona is doing when she begins to shout out orders to "grab this!" and "hand me that!" It's already starting to get difficult to see and the chemical fumes are beginning to make him cough. He does the best he can, and occasionally yells back in an irritated voice at the bossy cyborg. Despite her damaged frame, John cannot help notice Dr. Sokolov's handiwork. If I don't die, I'll have to give that Doc a heap of praise if I ever see him...he must have read every issue of Playboy and constructed his dream chick with that one.

As he moves from cupboard to cupboard, and drawer to drawer to drawer, the fumes begin to take their toll on him.
OOC: Here are John's five Fortitude rolls: Supernaturalist: D20 + 8 → 17(9 + 8), Supernaturalist: D20 + 8 → 9(1 + 8), Supernaturalist: D20 + 8 → 16(8 + 8), Supernaturalist: D20 + 8 → 17(9 + 8), Supernaturalist: D20 + 8 → 14(6 + 8).

So, here they are in order: 17,9,16,17,14. John failed them all if they are DC 18.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 0
CND: Haunted
Form: Mist

In his native form, Diego knew the effect he had. Generally by this point he would have switched back to normal form if only for Tilly's sake. This wasn't an occasion he chose to bother with social niceties. "Carter is to be confined to the infirmary if he still aware or when he wakes up and be under constant guard until Iona if it returns can inform Dr. Sokolov. If It doesn't return, I am sure Dr. Sokolov has listening devices here. No one is to speak to him except to render medical aid until I do.", orders Diego. Dr. Sokolov's agent and now First Generation. After previous encounters, their relations with the First Generation was bad enough. Before the representative came, as they would need to for Iona anyway, Diego would need to get answers. Starting a war with First Generation after what transpired in Ward 8 was not a good idea.

Part of Diego wanted to talk with Tilly about Carter, get all the info, history, etc he could. It was not a topic for right now and in the command room though.

Turning to the next matter at hand, Diego keeps the same impersonal voice. "Is the route they are taking back known? Stronghold was increasing the drone presence and bringing in helicopters plus increasing patrols. Iona is carrying an item of great value to our cause. If she does not make it back with it, this whole incident will be in vain.", inquires Diego.
Last edited by mrdent12 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

DUNCAN REDWOOD
HP-0 CND- -2 to Resist Damage & Dazed(Hearing impaired)

The Botanist is so focused on keeping the Mater viable that he dropps to his knees in the van to ensure it's still viable for use, thus saving himself from the majority of the fumes...
OOC: ok, here we go(sorry for the brief lateness, RL car issue i had to deal with)....
Fortitude checks(1 of 5):20+1-2=19--NAT 20 BABY!
Fortitude checks(2 of 5):17+1-2=16--fail by 2 (1 degree)
Fortitude checks(3 of 5):5+1-2=4-- fail by 14 (2 degrees)
Fortitude checks(4 of 5):20+1-2=19--NAT 20 BABY!
Fortitude checks(5 of 5):4+1-2=3-- fail by 15(3 degrees)
So what's the news boss-person?
Last edited by MacynSnow on Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Duncan, John, Iona

Iona works hastily, forming a plan. She begins shouting out a grocery list of supplies, demanding them from John. John runs to and fro, his lungs burning as he opens up compartments in the back of the van. Searching for the ingredients for Iona's improvised chemical scrubber. Meanwhile Duncan clings to the Viridi Mater and does his best to keep it's container well away from the fuming sections of the van that are corroding under the corrosive acid.

Everyone is so occupied with their own affairs that no one pays any real attention to the puddle of acid in the center of the back of the van. Over time it sinks ... and sinks. There there is a sudden breeze a roughly three foot in diameter irregular circle of flooring falls to the street blow in a semi-goo state. The black cloud of toxic fumes in the back of the van begin to get sucked out of the hole.
OOC wrote:We're pausing the flow of events. Only a minute or so has passed. Iona's work is still just beginning. I wanted to see if anyone did something about the melting floor. No one did. Now there is a hole in the floor of the van. Fumes are escaping from it. Do you want to do something about that before I progress the narrative?

At this point John is Physically Impaired and Duncan has not yet suffered a negative, mechanical, impact from the fumes.

Diego

Tilly offers a nod of understanding in response to Diego's orders. The Corporal doesn't argue. Instead she speaks informatively, bringing Diego up to speed.

"Carter was shot up really bad. He's in surgery now. I don't think he'll be able to talk to anyone for a long while. I put a guard on him anyway."

"Kreppler went radio silent after checking in about the pick up. Said Ms. Iona was worried about a tracker, so they're going to drive around until she's taken care of that. If things go south, we have protocols in place for message drops throughout the city. If we can't reach one, there are people on the streets with burners he can call in an emergency. They'll have to run the message here. We won't have real time information."
Last edited by Sakuro on Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Sakuro wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:47 am Duncan, John, Iona

Iona works hastily, forming a plan. She begins shouting out a grocery list of supplies, demanding them from John. John runs to and fro, his lungs burning as he opens up compartments in the back of the van. Searching for the ingredients for Iona's improvised chemical scrubber. Meanwhile Duncan clings to the Viridi Mater and does his best to keep it's container well away from the fuming sections of the van that are corroding under the corrosive acid.

Everyone is so occupied with their own affairs that no one pays any real attention to the puddle of acid in the center of the back of the van. Over time it sinks ... and sinks. There there is a sudden breeze a roughly three foot in diameter irregular circle of flooring falls to the street blow in a semi-goo state. The black cloud of toxic fumes in the back of the van begin to get sucked out of the hole.
OOC wrote:We're pausing the flow of events. Only a minute or so has passed. Iona's work is still just beginning. I wanted to see if anyone did something about the melting floor. No one did. Now there is a hole in the floor of the van. Fumes are escaping from it. Do you want to do something about that before I progress the narrative?

At this point John is Physically Impaired and Duncan has not yet suffered a negative, mechanical, impact from the fumes.
DUNCAN REDWOOD
HP-0 CND-?(hearing impaired)

Finally noticing the Hole in the Van, he grabs the floor mat & any Duck-tape he can grab, covering the Hole enough to keep the fumes from showing...
OOC: Good news; that hole should be covered in a sec! Bad news; we'll run outta Duck-tape doing it....
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
Cnd: Physically Impaired (-2 to Circumstance Checks)
PP:

The fumes are really beginning to get to John. Am I going to die from the vapor? Lungs are starting to burn. Feel like I'm not getting enough air. John tries to aid Duncan, but he doesn't feel very helpful.

Duncan spreads some kind of fabric across the irregular shaped hole. John can barely see the scientist tearing off strips of duct-tape and slapping them down on the mat. The veteran soldier gets down on his knees trying as best he can to spread the tape around the edges in order to secure the mat in place.

He hopes that Iona is making progress on whatever device she is creating, because if the sensation of slow suffocation continues much longer, he thinks he'll pass out.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supernaturalist

Iona
Cnd: Bruised (-3 to DCs); Fatigued; Hearing Impaired
PP:0

Iona had "milked" John for as much help as possible. He has allowed her -for awhile - to concentrate on the design and construction of her makeshift chemical scrubber as he fetched components. When he drops to his knees in a pitiful attempt to help Duncan, Iona knows that he probably can't remain consciousness too much longer.

The caregiver in her longs to help John and Duncan immediately, but she knows that opening the doors to the van is not an option. As she continues to piece together her device, her keen mind is also thinking of the possibility providing hyperbaric oxygen therapy to the two once they reach the base. If John or Duncan's heart stops before she can get the air completely scrubbed, then CPR will be necessary too.

But that bridge will be crossed if and when she gets there. Right now she continues to work as fast a possible.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego hoped Carter wouldn't pull through. It took care of a possible problem and showed the base was willing to work together. Two birds one death.

Communication issues was a running problem. With the scope of the work out of the base growing, assuming Iona doesn't lose the plant, they'd need to get that working. Tilly had the base well in hand, so Diego decided to let her run the show. No need for him to hang about the command room. "Alert me if any issues come through. I am going to check on the state of the trouble maker.", said Diego befor eheading over over the infirmary.
Can't think of anything productive to do at this point to advance the current scene and floating about the city would be like looking for a needle in a moving hay stack.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Duncan, Iona, John

Everyone had see Iona pour out the acid onto the floor. They had noticed the puddle form. They saw it eat away at the sound proofing at the floor of the van and then begin to corrode the metal. They didn't know how long it would take. Other things held their attention, such as saving the Viridi Mater. So attention shifted until the hole had actually formed.

Duncan was the first to react, Setting down the container of Viridi Mater he grabs material for covering the hole and quickly puts them into place. But he has to hold them there. While he does John grabs some tape and secures the coverings. Meanwhile Iona continues with her labors ... and them men slowly die. Their inside being eat polluted by the toxic fumes.

John is the first to show sig of severe injury. Eventually he can't breath enough to stay upright and begins coughing up blood. He manages to stay conscious while Duncan suddenly falls to the floor. Pink foam bubbling up from his partially open mouth. Iona finishes his improvise air cleaner, but the two men are already in bad shape when she does. Still, she sets out purifying the back of the van with the chemical scrubber. In a matter of minutes the black fumes are gone.
OOC wrote:Half an hour has passed at this time.

John is now Disabled.

Duncan is Incapacitated. Because of this, and the extended time he spent breathing toxic chemicals. he will also receive "Lung Damage" as a Complication. You get 1 HP for taking on a Complication. No, you may not spend it to regain consciousness. Duncan is out of action for a good long while.

Unless there is some action John or Iona want to take before returning to the HQ, I will narrate you back in my next post.

Diego

Diego departs from the command room, leaving Tilly to coordinate affairs in the wake of the VIridi Mater mission. He travels to the infirmary without any interruption. People don't generally approach Diego unless they really need to. Your guest, or prisoner, isn't immediately visible. There is a nurse in the main room moving from curtained off bed to bed checking on people in recovery. Last time Diego was in this part of the base, there weren't any injured in the infirmary. Now there were three bed occupied.

Tilly had said that Carter was in surgery. That had a dedicated clean room for operating.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Solid

People at the base talked to him in his native form out of fear and respect of the chain of command. In a more human form, people like Dr. Applegate were more forth coming with information. So despite his preferences, Diego coalesced into his former visage with clothes better tailored to similar attire as others in the base. It was another trick he learned in the spy game to look like others you are talking to get information. Be one of them instead of over them.

While Diego waited, he made his way over to the nurse when she looked like she was free. "Do you know what happened to these three? I have been busy with other matters and neglected my attendance to matters of this base. I wish to make amends if I can. Also, do you know if the wounded man that was brought into surgery will make it?", inquires Diego. He modulated his voice to what it used to sound like with a hint of compassion. Even if the nurse saw through it, perhaps the attempt would get him the answer to the question he cared about, if Carter will make it.
Taking 10 on deception for tone of concern for a total of 30. Taking 10 for 20 again to convey he actually cares about the well being of the people in the beds if needed.
I am cool putting this on pause to avoid two scenes in parallel.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego

There is a groan of pain from beyond one of the curtains. Someone is awake and in poor straights. A couple minutes later the white clad nurse comes out from behind the curtain with a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other. She is taking notes or updating someone's chart when Diego approaches. A brief glance is given in the direction of the patient she had just tended to.

"An arms deal gone bad. I don't know the details. You can ask them. The painkillers should be kicking in soon."

Inquiring into Carter received a grimace from the blonde haired woman.

"Dr. Franklin was going to put him down. Waste of time and medical supplies, he said it would be. Corporeal Sander order him to be seen to. He looked real bad. Multiple gunshot wounds. I'd be surprised if he made it."

Duncan, Iona, John ... Diego

Iona leave the improvise vacuum-chemical-scrubber on and sets it down so that she can check on her more vulnerable companions. First she moves to Duncan. He is unconscious and unmoving. Turning his on her side frothy red-pink fluid spills out of his mouth. Opening up his mouth and she can see that there are bloody sores. There is something obstructing his throat, a piece of flesh. She removes it and looking down his throat sees more bloody sores all the way down.

There isn't anything more she can do for him until they get back to the base, so Iona moves on to John. She sees the same sores in his mouth, and finds that he is coughing up blood ever so often. He's awake and just barely mobile. Again, there is nothing she can do for him with the resources at her disposal in the back of the van.

When the fumes are finally cleared Iona opens up the dividing door to the front of the van and tells Sergeant Kreppler it is time for them to begin heading back to the base. The Sergeants ends up parking outside Ward 3. The van can't make it through the streets with all the wreckage. This leaves Hendrick carrying Duncan and Iona giving John a shoulder to lean on as they make their way to the secret entrance rather. You get passed through the guard post at the door quickly, but a bloody and half naked Iona get's even more stared than the two injured men in her party.

Before you you even get to the infirmary Duncan begins convulsing and violently coughing. Blood erupts from his mouth. Then chunks of flesh that Iona is sure is lung tissue. They come barging into the infirmary where Diego is talking to the nurse. Kreppler kicking the doors open with a big boot. The door slams into the wall, a convulsing Duncan writhing in his arms. Dr. Redwooks mouth is ringed in red, and blood dripples down his chin to his stained button up shirt.
OOC wrote:Duncan is dead, or will be. No amount of medical attention will help him. As MacynSnow mentioned in his OOC post, Duncan's death was his choice. We're going to play this out as if your characters did not have this knowledge.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

When the nurse speaks, Diego just listens. They had arms dealers connections, good. If Iona returned with the plant they might be able to come out of the arms deal better than the three who were in the beds now. Provided Dr. Applegate can feed as many as she says she can, they will need all the weapons they can get.
"Dr. Franklin was going to put him down. Waste of time and medical supplies, he said it would be. Corporeal Sander order him to be seen to. He looked real bad. Multiple gunshot wounds. I'd be surprised if he made it."
At the mention of Tilly giving the order, Diego nods. She had her reasons, which he would need to follow up on. Plus, she saved the headache of a First Generation idiot dying at the base or somewhere else. Saving the man would earn them much needed good will, if Carter survived.

Diego was about to speak to the arms dealers when Iona and Kreppler burst in. An ordinary person would inquire if John or Duncan or even Iona were ok. Health and well being and all that. Diego was not ordinary nor did he really care if Duncan died. John's death would be an annoyance, but one he could handle. Iona would be repaired by Sokolov, maybe. "Did you get the plant brought back to the base? I saw the path of destruction in your wake. So, I hope the destruction and headaches we caused for Praetor Null had something to show for it.", inquires Diego shifting back into his native down to business form. His voice was again devoid of any emotion or sentiment.

"The possible cause of our plan being made invalid is in surgery now. He is one of the First Generation. So, it explains his attested employment by Dr. Sokolov.", adds Diego. He still does not inquire to John or Duncans health despite the current situation.
Supernaturalist

Iona
Cnd: Bruised (-3 to DCs); Fatigued; Hearing Impaired
PP:0

Sergeant Kreppler has his hands full carrying the incapacitated Duncan. Iona knows that Dr. Redwood is in critical condition when they leave the van to enter the base. "Sergeant, go on ahead! No need to wait for us once we enter the base. Dr. Redwood needs care stat. I'll be right behind you with Steiner."

Iona allows herself to be used as a crutch for the weary Warrant Officer. Almost completely naked due to her attempt to sheath the acid-covered specimen-container in her own clothing, the young cyborg cannot help but be embarrassed by her present predicament. In addition to providing stability for John, she also takes it upon herself to transport and guard the algae specimen. Utilizing her magnetic manipulation ability, she levitates the container and keeps it floating right beside her as she takes her teammate to the infirmary.
OOC: If there's an issue with me transporting the specimen, let me know. I certainly didn't want to just leave it in the van unguarded. I can edit my post if there's a problem.
Once in the infirmary, Iona calls out for help from one of the orderlies/aids. "Help me get him on a stretcher!" She then gives instructions for John's treatment with the primary goal being to get his oxygen levels back up to acceptable levels. Turning John over to the care of her medical staff, Iona rushes to help Duncan only to realize immediately that it's too late.

Once it "sets in" that he's gone, Iona is left with the unpleasant thought of breaking the news to Dr. Applegate. The cyborg has gone from one crisis to the next for the past several hours. Standing almost completely in the nude before all in the medical bay, she finally starts to "come down" from her heightened sense of fear and stress.
"Did you get the plant brought back to the base? I saw the path of destruction in your wake. So, I hope the destruction and headaches we caused for Praetor Null had something to show for it.", inquires Diego shifting back into his native down to business form. His voice was again devoid of any emotion or sentiment.
It takes Iona a moment to recognize Diego. His penchant for changing forms causes her to do a double-take as she realizes it's actually the Ascendant speaking. As she walks over to a metal locker and retrieves a long white medical jacket, she nods at the battered but structurally sound case floating by her side. "I have the Viridi Mater. I shall deliver it to Dr. Applegate for storage and care momentarily. I just need to think of how to break the bad news."
"The possible cause of our plan being made invalid is in surgery now. He is one of the First Generation. So, it explains his attested employment by Dr. Sokolov.", adds Diego.
As the bloodied and battered cyborg attempts to reclaim some semblance of modesty, her eyes narrow at Diego. "I don't understand. What do you mean?"
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
Cnd: Physically Disabled (-5 to Circumstance Checks)
PP:

John can barely think straight. Though he has been in similar states after late night drinking escapades, he cannot remember ever feeling this disoriented while sober. Being draped all over the half-naked, cyborg didn't give him anywhere near the thrill he thought it would in his fantasies. Quite the contrary, his almost helpless condition combined with her damaged and bloodied body made the experience quite unpleasant.

"If...If I could just rest for a moment..." he says weakly. But the female robot doesn't even honor him with a reply as she rushes him further into the base.

Once in the infirmary, John feels the hands of medical staff grab him just before he collapses at Iona's side. Hoisting him up on a stretcher, he lays there exhausted with just enough strength to cough up small amounts of blood and other liquids which he is want to identify.

He doesn't resist the medical staff though. And even though he is anxious about the long-term consequences of his present injury, he cannot help but feel relief that he has not fallen into the hands of Stronghold this day.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

As the bloodied and battered cyborg attempts to reclaim some semblance of modesty, her eyes narrow at Diego. "I don't understand. What do you mean?"
The naked form of a human shape was no different than any other for Diego. He was beyond such things. In his native form, Diego keeps in his vocal tone that betrays nothing. "The cowboy who nearly got caught with a gun pointed at us was picked up by security and put them on alert. He survived only because Sergeant Sanders saved him. They have him in surgery currently to try and keep him alive if possible. In addition to being in the employ of your master, Dr. Sokolov, he is also First Generation. I suspect they or maybe just him were running an operation in the area as well that caused Stronghold to move the plant.", replies Diego.

"When you are repaired, it may be of interest to Dr. Sokolov and any first generation you encounter one of their own is in the infirmary. Just in case they wish to retrieve him.", adds Diego.