[IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Deadline

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 1

Peter took the opportunity caused by Diego's transformation to fall back in fright, and then as the police officer leveled his gun, Peter raised his hands frantically. "Okay, okay!"

He took a few more long strides back, but bending his knees as he did so, so that he was clearly lowering himself to the ground, before he sat on his knees - and hands on his head - a bit further into the alley... and properly shielded from outside view...

Now, he just waited for the officers to get closer in as well, before he slapped the ground. An large ring of stone appeared in the air, and came down with him within the radius of the ring gap. The officers weren't. This covered the one outside the alley, but Peter decided to gamble the crowd was in too much chaos for people to notice...
A move action, followed by using Create to hit the police officers with the ring using the Dropping Objects modified Area Attack rule.
Dodge DC 20 to avoid it, Toughness DC 25 to resist if the Dodge fails.

Assuming it all succeeds, Peter will then dismiss the ring.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: The Blight After

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP: 0
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array)
PP:0

Are you going to blast them? Hurl objects at them? You have no choice. There is no way out now. They have the cars as cover.

OOC: Since my initiative roll was a "1", I'm not sure how this affects my attempt to perform an action since they officers technically can go before me.
Iona kneels beside Jacob's body. Her metallic sense indicates that the police are not approaching her car directly, but instead circling around two other nearby cars.

Just as the female officer yells her orders to Iona, there is no hesitation in the young cyborg. She reacts immediately.

OOC: I'm assuming that the officers have not exposed themselves and are using automobiles for cover. If this is not the case, then I can edit my post. Iona will pick one of the officers who has any heavy object behind them: A car, a wall, a dumpster, anything. She will use her magnetic control to move the car that they are using for cover through the officer and into the other object in an attempt to crush one of them. Here is my attack roll when it is my turn: Supernaturalist: 1D20+8 → 15(7 + 8). So a total of 15. It is normally a Ranged Damage Effect of 7, but it is now at 5 due to the damage I have received to my EM power-array. So, the Toughness DC is a 20.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
CND: Haunted, but fine
Form: Solid(Police)

Diego had to break free of the pursuers. All he needed was to vanish into the shadows out of their line of sight. Changing into one of the creatures was one thing as the virus might cause that, but changing into a black nanite mist was another thing entirely. Hoping he was out of the cops sight or anyone else for that matter, Diego quickly turned his head as he moved into the alley shadows hoping to not see any onlookers.

If he feels comfortable he's unseen, Diego tries to mislead the cops before shifting. "Arrgh!!!!", exclaims Diego in a half monster half man voice. Next, he shifts back into his native form in the shadows vanishing into the shadow cast by a large dumpster blending into the shadows hopefully in a place where cops won't shine a flash light.

Get to a car and get out of here. I'll pick you up in the van., says Diego over the ink to Peter.
"so he turns the corner to break line of sight with the police."
In the interest of moving things along, I am going to assume he hasn't broken line of sight yet. If this is incorrect the voice will come before the movement.

Stealth 20 if needed
Move further into the alley to break line of sight
Standard if needed to further mimick the voice of someone changing further into a creature
Deception 13 if voice mimicry helps that is 23
Free Action shift into mist form and activate concealment
If the voice mimicking is a free action, he'll spend a move action blending into one of the shadows higher up on the wall.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona, seeing the police spring around the side of their vehicular cover, turns to one of them a extends her hand. As she marshals her cybernetic instruments the air blurs with magnetic force within the palm of her hand.

The two officers, primed to preempt hostile action, but fire off hissing rounds from their taser guns. While one set of prongs pings off of the car next to her, the other set pierces her synthetic dermas and unleashes a disrupting shock into her systems. Willing herself to push through the taser's trauma on her person, Iona unleashes her attack. The air trembles in a hazing wave that smashes into a car and sends it plowing into the police woman who was using it for cover. She gets out a surprised yell, which is quickly cut short as she is crushed between two cars.

"The hell are you?!"

... hollars the officer behind Iona. The one whose shot hand landed home, hissing her spare between the sholder blades with her taser. Now that the weapon had been discharged and proven to have little effect on the cyborg he drops the taser and draw his pistol. Taking it into both hands he quickly aims and fires off a solid slug at the magnetic manipulator. With her attention no longer divided between two foes, she is able to deftly avoid the attack this time.
OOC wrote:Officer #1 and #2 fire tasers at Iona. One of them hits. Since Iona doesn't have any HP left, and her action depends on Succeeding in her Fortitude check, I made the roll for you to save time: DC 15 Fortitude (1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated): 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10

One degree of failure. Iona is Dazed until the end of her turn. Note that Iona's resistance to Electricity is only for Damage. This does not increase her resistance to Affliction Effects. Being Dazed doesn't prevent her from getting her attack off, but it does prevent her from attacking and moving. Which doesn't change anything for your Actions.

Iona tries to crush one of the officers with a car. That is DC 20 Dodge to halve the damage of an Area Attack, and DC 25/20 Toughness for the Damage. The officer fails both and is now very dead.

Officer #2 switches to their pistol and fires off a shot at Iona. They miss however. It is now back to Iona's turn and she is no longer Dazed.
In addition to your Actions, make a Perception check.

"Down! Now!"

... the officer shouts at Peter when he begins back peddling into the alley, but they do not fire. Their weapon remains aimed at him, their gaze firmly fixed on Peter. The two approaching officers get closer, and slower. But before they can reach him and begin restraining him Peter drops his hands from behind his head and begins to bring them down towards the ground.

That when the officer aiming their taser gun at Peter opens fire. It looked enough like a hostile action. Maybe they though he was reaching for a weapon, or preparing to launch himself at them. The soft hiss of the taser could be hear as it's charged prongs fly past Peter's face. There is a loud slap as Peter smacks his hands into the ground, then a crash as stone appears in mid air and drops on the two officers in the alley way.

The man with his weapon drawn, who had fired at and missed Peter, manages to leap back and avoiding the descending assault. A confused look crosses his face before he bolts for cover behinds a car. Peter can't see what he does from cover, but can hear him talking. No doubt radioing in what just happened. A moment later he pops up, with a pistol in hand and fires off a shot at Peter. There is a loud crack followed b the found of lead pounding into the brick wall behind Peters as the bullet misses him.
OOC wrote:As Peter takes his hostile Action the officer off a shot from their taser at Peter but missed horribly. Peter tries to crush (sensing a theme here) the three officers near him with a manifested ring of matter. Two of the officers fail their checks and die.

The third evades that attack, takes cover behind a car, and opens fire on him with their pistol. They miss again.

Back to Peter. Make a Perception check along with your Actions.
Diego has to work quickly. There is no time for loitering or pause as, just as soon as he has moved to conceal himself behind a dumpster, the two policemen that were chasing him round the corner and enter the alley. Upon entering they slow down and, in the darkness, take out flashlights. Lining the light sup alongside the barrel of their taser guns they begin to search the area for the man they'd chased into the alley.

Though Diego's nanite cloud form has allowed him to wedge into the crevices behind a dumpster, a beam of light from one of the flashlights washes over him. Passes by. Then comes quickly swinging back to fix on Diego.

"What is that thing!? The virus can't have done that ... can it?"

... he hears a man's voice shouts. It isn't long before the other officers has come to see the strange black cloud his companion is pointing out to him.
OOC wrote:Diego hasn't heard (or seen for that matter) anyone transforming. That aside, I don't mind Voice Mimicry being used for the Deception. The performance will take a Standard Action though.

The police are using flashlights, which counters Diego's Concealment. One of them rolled really well and spotted Diego.

The police had to use a Move Action to get into the alley and a Move Action to draw their flashlights. So that is their turn. Back to Diego.[/quote
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Iona
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array)

The hell are you?!”

After shaking off the residual effect of the taser, Iona turns to the other police officer. The officer squeezes off a round, and even though it misses, Iona winces anticipating a hit.

She does not hesitate long as she moves wide around the car used for protection by the policeman. She extends her empty palm towards him, and although she says nothing, there is a trace of sorrow in her face.

There is a flash as a thick spark jumps from her hand through the officer and into the ground.
OOC: Here’s the roll for my Electricity Blast: Supernaturalist: 1D20+8 → 21(13 + 8). So a total of 21. I'm not sure if the officer gets any circumstance bonus from partial concealment behind the car. I did not factor that into my roll. If I hit, it's a rank 10 Damage Effect (down from rank 12 due to penalty). Here's my Perception roll: Supernaturalist: 1D20+10 → 13(3 + 10). So, a total of 13.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Mist

Killing the two who spotted him crossed his mind, but Diego thought better of it. He needed to make a distraction to draw Stronghold away and to do that he couldn't be fighting two lowly underlings. Simply flying off may spur more questions though. So, Diego resolved a plan in his mind. Tailoring his movements to what he imagined dust went through since he never studied dust terribly much, aside form the occasional cleaning cover, he tried to "disperse" into the shadows behind the dumpster out of the light. Once out of the light, Diego did his best to hop between patches of dark along the wall until out of sight of the officers on the roof. Staying to the ground, he moved to the farthest place he figured he could reach that had shadows, was out of any search lights of drones, and preferably near the floor.

Once clear, he signals Peter. Be ready to run with Jacob and Iona. I am going to make another distraction. Once in the city hide out in a building outside of the sight lines of Stronghold where I can pick you three up without the spying eyes or checks of Stronghold preferably. I'll bring the van around., transmits Diego to Peter. All the while he looks around for any flamable objects plus fire starters, people he can scare, or something to draw Stronghold and the cops away from the others.
Deception 21 as standard to sell the ruse he's dissolving when really fleeing into other dark spots
Stealth 17 if needed to move whilst out of shadow.
While flying he has movement of 250ft which should be good enough to quickly get out of sight, into more shadows away from the cops, and preferably on the ground under some objects that block search lights from drones/flashlights.
Military Expertise 26 heh a 20. Hopefully Diego has some good revelation.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima

*Understood. The Praetor's not going to be happen though.*

Blast! Peter made the rock disappear. That police officer had to die, and at least his report might be doubted without any further traces left before. Peter focused again, and a set of bone claws made to mimic the virus monster claws appeared from behind the cop and sliced at him. They too would vanish once the man expired, and Peter would leave.
Manifested Attacks: PA -2/+2, take 10 (assuming minions) for a total of 18.
Toughness DC 27

Assuming he dies, Peter will start moving out. In hindsight, I should have used an HP for Takedown and did the claw thing on all the cops.
Games
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

In the distance Diego hears gunfire. A crash, as though something heavy fell from a height and impacted with the ground. Then there was a crackling sound followed by screams.

"What is going on here?"

One of the officers asks, not expecting an answer. Both watch as Diego's nanite cloud mass tickles away into a crevice behind the dumpster, their flashlights following. But eventually his cloud like state leaves sight and he travels up the wall amidst the shadowy regions untouched by their lights.

As he withdraws Diego notes that the two policemen search they alley a short while longer, then exit out the other ends an head back towards the parking lot where Iona was last seen heading towards.

Iona launches her bolt of electricity into the police officer. Their body convulses under the shock. Their flesh burns, and the scent of it rises onto the air. Roasted meat. Worst of all was the officer's screams as they died from a painful electrocution. They collapse to the ground. Body limp. skin blackened. Lifeless.

The cybernetic murderer doesn't have long to reflect on her kill before there is a crash behind her. A gun shot. Then Peter comes running out of the alley.

Peter jukes and weaves as the officer gunning for him lays down a barrage of fire directed at the bandages ascendant. In report Peter launches claw-like projectiles into the man from behind. There is a clattering thump from behind the car and the gunfire stops. Assuming the policeman is dead Peter breaks off and sprints down the alley. Ahead of him he hears a crackling voice, and follows the sound, to a small parking lot where a policewoman is crushed between two cars. Iona stands over the burnt corpse of another officer.

Back towards the police perimeter two officers some jogging out of an alley, notice the two of you, and begin running towards Peter and Iona. Just as Iona and Peter take note of the two policemen coming their way there is a rapid fire bap-bap-bap as high caliber rounds rain down on Iona and Peter from above. When they look up, their assailant or assailants are already out of sight, or gone.

Down the block, not far from the National Guard quarantine perimeter surrounding St. Luke hospital, an armored transport with a heady machine gun mounted atop it comes around the corner and begins heading directly towards Iona and Peter.
OOC wrote:Peter needs to make a DC 21 Toughness check. Iona needs to make a DC 26 Toughness check. Both of you get 1 HP for.
Supernaturalist

Iona
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array); Bruised (-1 Toughness)
OOC: Here’s my toughness check: Supernaturalist: 1D20+12 → 13(1 + 12). Yikes! I failed that badly. I guess I’ll spending that HP immediately. Let’s re-roll! Supernaturalist: 1D20+12 → 24(12 + 12). Ok, I still failed the Toughness check, but by only one degree. So I’m at -1 to future Toughness Checks. A DC of 26? Those must be some big bullets!
Iona’s legs buckle under the impact of several rounds striking her from above. Her hoodie is punctured, and her dermis torn in several areas.

After scanning the sky for several seconds in a vain attempt to identify the attacker, she sees Peter enter the parking area from the alley.

Get us out of here!” She says aloud, looking directly at Peter as if he alone could make their escape possible. “Jacob is bound to be injured in this escalating violence.

Iona gazes down the street from where the large transport is approaching. Wishing to seal it off from further passage, the young cyborg extends her left hand towards a nearby, hefty-looking truck. As she moves her hand towards the road which leads to the parking lot, the truck comes to rest in the middle of it. Sitting perpendicular to the direction of the street, she blocks the route as best she can. It may not stop it permanently, but hopefully it will at least delay.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima

The firepower deflected off 'hardened' air. Peter couldn't see the shooters, which suggested the situation was getting out of hand. "If I could be sure we wouldn't be diving into acid, I would open a tunnel." Then he pointed to the oncoming transport. "Perhaps you can block it off, so we can buy ourselves some space and time?"
Toughness: 1d20+12 28
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Mist

Praetor Null will not be happy, but he will let us live we can only hope if it aids us in eliminating a traitor. Stronghold will likely have either mercenaries plus a drone and heavy machine gun support. Their commander is also present. Now is not the time to make a stand. I will try to clear a hole in the perimeter if you can evacuate Iona and Jacob. The more we show our powers, the less of an advantage we will have when it comes times to retake Hadron City with the intelligence apparatus Stronghold has. So be wary of that and reusing tactics. I am going to draw the attention of the perimeter cops with an explosion when you are ready. It should buy you a few seconds to evacuate., remarks Diego over the link to Peter.

With the plan conveyed, Diego knew their track record. If it worked, he would consider it an aberration, but something had to be done. Failure was not an option. Looking around he searches for something, anything to get a fire going with some rags covered in what looked like oil that he can stuff in a gas tank. It was primitive, but it should work.

Next was finding that car. Looking around again, he spies an old, red, and beat up Corolla with for sell wrote on it parked just outside the alley as if begging for someone to steal it. Not that anyone would though. It looked like it barely ran, was rusted, and just to get it to the spot was likely a minor miracle. Still, it hopefully had some gas in the tank that could serve as the explosive element with the oily rag tucked into it.

Now he jus needed the cue. I got it. When you are ready I will light the fuse and it should buy you some time to get through the perimeter. Once clear, we will need to get out of the area fast.[/i], transmits Diego.
So basically, he'll put the oil soaked rag into the car just outside the alley on the street and light it to time Peter and Ionas escape through any gap the explosion might create.

Not sure how many actions that would all break down to or what rolls would be required. I imagine a stealth roll, but not sure what else.

Once I know more of how many rounds it breaks down to I will do the write ups per round.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima

Iona brought the vehicle into line, blocking the transport. "Good. Now bring Jacob and follow me, quick!" Now Peter began to hurry forward, deciding to cut between buildings in the general direction of the van.

*Get ready, Diego!*
Games
Supernaturalist

Iona
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array); Bruised (-1 to Resisting Damage Effects )
"Good. Now bring Jacob and follow me, quick!"
Iona has no idea of the plan, but she trusts that Peter has figured something out. One thing she is certain of, If she stays here - out in the open - she'll eventually be shredded by whatever weapons Stronghold has at their disposal.

No sooner has the young cyborg strategically placed a truck in the path of the oncoming APC, than she turns her attention to Jacob's still unconscious body. No longer concerned about concealing her magnetic manipulation of his metallic casing, Iona levitates him from the ground. Without a word, she proceeds to follow Peter.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Near the perimeter Diego sets up a car to begin an improvised explosive. Fortunately it is a junker. His work goes unnoticed as most officers have their backs to what he is doing anyway. While a lot of the civilians that had been near the barrier of squad cars and police personnel has dispersed, the police guide away oncoming traffic and any stragglers. He gets the sense that their attention won't be focus outward for much longer. Not with what is going behind them.
OOC wrote:I made the Stealth check for Diego to save time, since he doesn't have any HP right now. Stealth while getting explosion ready: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23

Officers at the police perimeter do not notice Diego. You'll be able set up for your explosion, and and even use the rag as a timer if you want to pull away from the perimeter and do something else.
After being assured that Iona had blocked the street, Peter bolts back down the alley way he had came from and is just about to round the corner when a hair of gunfire rains down on him from above. Behind him he can hear a crashing collision of metal against metal. Then even more gun fire.

Iona, if Jacob in tow, follows after Peter down the dark, dank, and depressing alleyway. Before she can get halfway through it solid slugs rain down on her. Behind her, there is a crash as a heavy metal object plows into another heavy object. If she looked back, Iona would be able to see the Stronghold APC hit the truck she let in the road. Not full on, but on the side, causing the vehicle to turn under the force, rather than meet the APC with the full resistance of it's mass.

The armored vehicle slows, but it keeps going, only stopping when it is parallel with the alley Iona is running rough, which now feels like an urban version of a canyon deathtrap in a Western film. The heavy machinegun mounted atop the APC swivels, comes to bear on Iona, and unloads a withering barrage of bullets at her.

Amidst the assault on Iona and Peter, the back of the APC opens up and disgorges a squad of eight infantrymen. Each is wearing an unban camo armored Hadron-tech hard suit with a Stronghold castle insignia on their left pauldron. The armor itself consisting of form fitting plates and mesh. Each has a full head helmet. Each carriers a sleek gunmetal gran longarm with no visible moving parts, sliders, or seams. They were mag-rifles. Minimalized railguns capable of punching holes in a Sherman battle tank.

The infantry spread , and begin their advance like shock troopers from a grim dystopian future. The future of Hadron City if you and your allies don't change the course of history.
OOC wrote:The truck-barrier slowed the APC down, but didn't stop it. It is a vehicle. It moves much faster than you.

Peter hasn't moved significantly closer to the police perimeter. Most of his movement is used to go back down the alley he came from and break line of sight with the APC. Iona is in the alley right now. If I was holding strictly to mechanics Iona would have had to use a Standard Action to use her Magnetic Control. Peter still has about 400 feet until he reaches the police perimeter, about 30 feet more for Iona.

Peter and Iona, make Perception checks. If you get 8 or better, you'll see a sleek black V-Tol drone at roof level, ducking out of sight right as you look at it. If you get 13 or better, you'll see two drones. After firing on Peter and Iona they broke line of sight.

Peter needs to make a DC 21 Toughness check. Iona needs to make a DC 23 Toughness check and a DC 27 Toughness check.

Iona and Peter may opt to roll Athletics, with a DC of 15, to get +1 rank to their movement Speed for a round.

The Drones and Stronghold Elites are not Minions, though they will take full Effect of an attack if they fail by 2 degrees on their resistance check.
The Stronghold Officer is a Heroic character, and functions as a PC, having his own HP pool.
The Armored Personnel Carrier ... is a freaking Armored Personnel Carrier that probably has some Hadron-tech augmenting it.

The PCs know that the armor the infantry are wearing turns an average soldier into a super soldier, which is why these aren't Minions.

Here is a visual aid for the Hadron-tech Combat Drones:

Here is a visual aid for the Hadron-tech hard suits that the Stronghold infantry are wearing:
Supernaturalist

Iona
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array); Bruised (-3 to Resisting Damage Effects ); Staggered (Dazed and Hindered); Double Movement Speed; Fatigued
OOC: Ok, here's my first Toughness Check: Supernaturalist: 1D20+11 → 19(8 + 11). So, a 19. That's one degree of failure. Now my resistance to Damage effects are at -2. Here's my 2nd Toughness Check: Supernaturalist: 1D20+10 → 13(3 + 10). So, a 13. So that's three degrees of failure. Iona is Staggered and has another -1 to Resisting Damage Effects. That puts her at a total of -3 in Resisting Damage Effects.
The second salvo of magnetically-accelerated rounds tear into Iona's super-science frame. Sparks fly as some of the rounds either lodge into her or rip through some portion of her artificial body. Warning scripts begin to scroll before her consciousness of the damage she has taken. And the sensation of pain rivals what she experienced at the hands of Praetor Null.

She comes to a brief halt, barely able to maintain Jacob without completely dropping him. Glancing up above she looks in the direction from where the attacks came.
OOC: Here's my perception roll: Supernaturalist: 1D20+10 → 25(15 + 10). So, a 25. I spot both drones.
But though she spots her attackers, she knows that fighting here is unwise. Mustering her strength, she tries desperately to resume her flight from the enemy.
OOC: I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I have to try. I'm going to use Extra Effort to gain a Standard Action for a turn. This will be used to counter the effects of the Staggered condition for one turn. With the Standard action, I'll pick Jacob back up and continue moving. I'll also attempt an Athletics roll to double my speed. Since I'm Hindered, if I succeed it will be doubled but at one rank lower than normal. Here's my Athletics roll: Supernaturalist: 1D20 → 20(20). Oh wow! A natural 20. I needed that. Anyway, I'll be Fatigued at the end of the round too. Iona has a lot of Conditions right now.
I think I'm gonna pass on the additional Complication for Insight. I already have a laundry list of problems. Someone else is gonna have to do that.