mrdent12

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Recovery

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: Haunted, but fine
Form: Solid
Trauma Trigger: 1

"If you are worried about being followed, a place you visit more regularly yet not as busy would be best for the handover. We will have one of our agents pick them up from you. They will be wearing light brown slacks, a black leather belt, brown shoes, and a red long sleeve business shirt. The information on security was very helpful.", says Diegos.

"Since the passes are good for eight hours, when does the duration start? It would be best if we can get the plant under the cover of night say 8 or 9 PM when the office is more quiet and the area less busy. If you could also tell us which room the storage area is that would be helpful so we are not walking around the floor blindly.", inquires Diego. He didn't want to go too late, but also didn't want to do the job during the day either. Night allowed them to have less human complications. Guards they could deal with as needed.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona wrote:"You name the place! It might be best if it's in a less crowded part of the city. Driving through an area like that should make it easier to determined if you are being "tailed."
While Diego sketches out the details of the plan Iona began, Dr. Redwood stares at Iona silently. A slow creeping look of horror crawls it's way across his stress-wrinkled face. When fake-old Chinese man stops talking, the dam cracks in Duncan's resolve, threatening to break. His voices raises, rapidly tuning to an exclimation.

"You think I might be tailed driving to a meeting? Do you think they've been watching me?!"

Looking past the two of you to the open space of the parking garage beyond the cyborg and the Ascendant, you can see his demeanor begin to change. Tilting towards panic. Muttering to himself, it looked as though he was about to do something stupid if someone didn't find a way to reign him in quickly.

"Of course they are. Why wouldn't they be? Oh, Duncan, what have you gotten yourself into?"
OOC wrote:I need some kind of social check to try to calm and preempt Dr. Redwood from freaking out. Persuasion is the obvious one, but I'm open to other social Skills if you can give me a good RP justification for why Intimidate or Deception could be used to calm someone down.

For this curve ball, you Diego and Iona both gain 1 HP. Mechanically Duncan's disposition has dropped down to Unfavorable and you need to raise it back to Favorable on the Persuasion chart.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 2->1

Iona, fo the physical beauty Sokolov gave it, wasn't the most adept at asset handling. "If you were being tailed, they would have followed you here and be stopping this whole conversation right now. As far as the company is concerned, we are here for a meeting on business. Nothing more.", remarks Diego calm and reassuredly. "To achieve great things, you need to take chances. All you are doing is getting us visitor passes and talking with us right now. For that, tends of thousands will be be fed. The starving because they can't afford enough food will have full bellies.", adds Diego.

"Now you could leave now and we say this was all just getting info for a new business venture. You'll go back to your life and we go back to ours. The tens of thousands of people who are starving for lack of food will keep starving. Alternatively, you could be part of the solution for helping all those tends of thousands of people. No one would blame you for leaving. I certainly won't hold it against you.", continues Diego. He made sure to stress the amount of good that could be done while ensuring his voice inflection giving Duncan an out didn't sound guilt ridden, as much as practical given the content of his speech.

They needed Duncan's help. With the passes they could could get into the building and work their way from the 20th floor to the 30th. Iona could hopefully do her robot thing and get the doors open. Without the badges, getting in and out would be much trickier. Doable, but tricky with the drone in the sky.
Persuasion 16, normally I'd save the HP, but this is a key roll.
Persuasion 27
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP: 3
Cnd: Normal
PP:0

Iona watches as the man begins to panic. When Diego takes measures to calm him, the young cyborg listens and waits. Satisfied with the Ascendant's words, Iona waits a few seconds before speaking to Duncan. "Are you ok, Dr. Redwood? I didn't mean to frighten you. It's just a precaution that's all. I'm sure you'll be just fine."

Of course, she had know idea if he would be just fine or if his employers might become suspicious of him, but it was obviously best to drop the subject. She was concerned about him being followed, but she was sure that Diego could probably figure out a way to outsmart any tails or "eyes" that might be placed on Redwood.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:Duncan is not a 'young man'. He's at least in his mid-forties.
Duncan closes his eyes. Drawing is a breath he holds it for a second. Then, opening his eyes, he exhales the breath slowly. All to help him steady his nerves.

"Ok. Right. You're right. If I were being followed you would have spotted them, right?"

The aging man looks between Diego and Iona with eyes that were magnified in size by the rounded wire frame glasses that he wore. Letting out a huff of air he then brings up his right arm and looks to a watch wrapped around his wrist. He took note of the time before dropping his limb and looking back to the man and woman in front of him.

"My break is at 8 PM. I can get away then. I'll draw a map of the 30th floor. Then give the map and visitor passes to your person ... at the Wal-Mart in Ward 6. Tomorrow."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"We were careful to keep an eye out. I promise you.", says Diego reassuringly. He speaks with a soft, but confident tone."Your help is most appreciated. It is going to help so many people. Another of our colleagues will need a pass, so three in total if you can get a third one.", adds Diego.

They had dodged a bullet and Diego was hesitant to ask for so much, but just Iona and him might be problematic if they got into a fight. He didn't want another incident like the hospital. They needed to play this by the book or else Praetor Null would likely be even more unhappy with them.

Looking over at Iona, then back at Duncan, Diego confirms the time. "We will meet you at the Walmart tomorrow. I'll tell Jake you said hi.", says Diego before coming back into view from the hidden area and starting to head back to the exit.

On the way back, Diego picks up his voice a little more. "I think I know where we left it. You know when we were strategizing how to make the pitch and were trying to check if we had everything we needed? Yeah, back there. We gotta hurry back and get it.", starts Diego as if they had been discussing looking for something the whole time. At the same time, he looks around again pretending to double check, but really double checking no one was too close to their clandestine meeting.
Perception 16
I'll leave this here unless its ok for me to put up more. I don't want to jump too far ahead.
Supernaturalist

Iona
"I think I know where we left it. You know when we were strategizing how to make the pitch and were trying to check if we had everything we needed? Yeah, back there. We gotta hurry back and get it."
"I hope it's there or this meeting is sunk." Iona adds, playing along with Diego's ruse. She joins him in the walk back through the underground garage. She pretends to sweep the ground, shifting her gaze as if looking for something.

Her mind, however, was thinking ahead about the mission of getting to the 30th floor and getting the specimen without alarm.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

In the distance Diego hears a car door closing. Then faint footsteps moving away from him. You do not see the source immediately, but after maneuvering past some cars and a support pillar, Diego catches sight of the back of a woman in a gray dress walking into the elevator. The doors close when she turns around, preventing you from getting a good look at her face or the expression on it.

The rest of your walk back to the guard post is uneventful, Duncan and the woman in gray having been the only people in the parking garage that you noticed. Past the gate, at the guard station, John and the guard are lightly arguing about something hockey related. There were other voices coming from the guard station now as well. It sounded like the game was off mute again and the two of them were watching the sports event.
OOC wrote:I don't know anything about hockey, you can feel free to add what flavor you like. EIther way, the PCs are back together now unless Diego and Iona take an unexpected detour.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

It was too late now. They either were screwed or she didn't hear anything. It didn't change the plan. Visitor passes would get them high enough and either swiping a janitors badge or Iona doing some techno wizardry would get them higher. Next was getting into the storage area and getting out with the plant. A janitor cart would be perfect. No one paid attention to the help.

Upon seeing the guard and John watching sports, Diego was glad the guard was occupied. John was pulling his weight in the group even without weapons. As they get closer, Diego grumbles a little and looks up at John. "Sorry it took so long. Its not the brightest place down there. We must have dropped it somewhere else when we took a quick walk. Guess we'll need to retrace more of our steps.", says Diego in an annoyed tone. "Game good at least?", inquires Diego of John and the guard.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
HP:1
Cnd:Normal
OOC: Personally, I know very little about hockey, but John is from Washington state, so I'll assume he's got a lot more as a character than I do as the player.
As Diego and Iona approach from the dimly lit underground-garage, John taps the glass of the guard's booth. "Well, buddy, thanks for letting my co-workers search for our hardware! And keep your eye on that guy who plays Left Wing for Calgary. I'm telling you he's a goalie's nightmare. He'll be in the hall-of-fame one day. Take Care!"

With that, John rejoins his commrades. Looking at thier faces, he tries to get some idea as to whether the meeting was successful or not. "So, are we in business?", John asks cryptically.
Supernaturalist

Iona

Iona sees the woman in grey only breifly before the elevator doors close. Though nervous due to her present situation, she refrains from getting too paranoid. Without any show of anxiety, she walks calmly to the entrance of the garage.

After Diego speaks to the guard, Iona waves at him through the glass. "Thanks anyway! It just doesn't seem to be our day. We'll just keep trying to find it."

Then with her party, she passes the guard-booth and walks back out into the open. Once well clear of the building, she nods to both of them. "I believe that went well. But the hardest part lies ahead of us."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

They had what they needed. Staying out much longer would only draw attention to themselves. John had sat at the guard booth with a camera possibly on him, which only increased the risk someone would flag him. Their best bet at this point was to get away from the building and back to base. Diego knew that he could mingle safely. The others not so much.

Diego stopped for a moment when they were more clear of the building and Iona had spoken. He patted his body down and looked back pretending to check if he dropped something, really checking for a possible tail, and let out a sigh. "Sorry guys, thought I dropped my phone back there. We gotta stay positive about this and regroup. Nothing a little planning for our pitch can't handle. We've been in worse spots before.", he says as he resumes walking with the others.

"We know what we gotta do now at least. Just gotta put together how to do it and execute, easy right?", says Diego with a half hearted smile of a disheartened founder. He resumes walking back towards the alley if he thinks there isn't a tail. Otherwise, he makes for another dark area mumbling about maybe dropping it there.
Perception 22
Unless Diego thinks there is any danger based on what he sees, he'll start walking back towards the extraction point.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
HP:1
Cnd:Normal

John keeps the conversation related to business the whole time. Paranoid about cameras and listening devices in areas well away from the Argent Dawn building, he continues to play along.

Though his mouth might be on business, his mind is on the tactical vulnerabilities and combat opportunities that are available in the immediate area around the building: concrete barriers and medians, support structures such as pylons, catwalks, crossovers, and even exposed pipes and powerlines. All these things could provide useful cover and even potentially targets in the event of a "tussle".

Walking through a narrow alley, the Argent Dawn tower itself finally becomes blocked from view by other buildings. John is running through different ambush scenarios in his head during the mostly quiet trek back to their vehicles.. His mind keeps coming back to the large open area around the building and the large multi-lane roads that pass on all sides: All things that would make a smaller force very vulnerable to a larger force.

I hope we don't have a big brawl there any time soon.
Supernaturalist

Iona

She was getting used to the disguise, or so it seems as she had hardly thought about it for the last half-hour. But now that the most nerve-wracking phase of today's mission was just about over, she begins to "feel" the uncomfortableness of the accessories that she is wearing. If her mind were not intrigued by the possibilities of the Viridi Mater algae (and the other research materials that might be found on the 30th floor), she would be right back to thinking of her own personal research. But her mind was clearly more intrigued by the former at the moment.

I wonder how Diego is gonna handle the Visitor pass pick up. Will he want us all to go as a group again?

Once they reach the extraction point, and the vehicles, the young cyborg finally feels comfortable enough to drop the ruse. "Well..." she says looking to Diego and John, "...how do you like our chances?"
OOC: If I assumed too much by roleplaying back to the extraction point, then I apologize. Obviously if something happens before then, I can edit my post. I can do the same for John's too.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:Autumn Dawn is the name of the agricultural corporation. Other than that, you're fine.
The trek back to the bikes is tense. It feels like people are watching you as you walk down the side walk. As you cross streets. Everything you do ... watched. There are pedestrians that you bump into along the way. Cameras, those mirrored eyes that once served Imperator are now benefitting Stronghold. Searching for you and your fellow 'terrorists'. The walk itself is uneventful and while you cannot help but feel some paranoia, no one seems to be following in your wake. At least not to the extent that it appears intentional.

Back in the alley where your bikes rest on their kickstands, Tilly has her back up against a wall of a restaurants. A half eaten taco in one hand. She's actually taking a bite of it when you enter the alley. When you come to a halt and Iona asks Diego and John for their take on the situation you all receive an inquisitive look from the Corporal. As though wordlessly asking if you got everything you needed.