The Daze: The Tower

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Daze: The Tower

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl

"Well let's give it a try. Loop that rope around the beam and see if you can pull Fido up. I'll stay down here in case he falls. Everyone else should stand back."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 1; Status: Great and ready for assisting!
Camus wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:08 am Mot finds himself quite fine, and covered in a layer of healthy dirt, just like when he searches for tasty stuff in the houses of big folk.
The two women look up as the obnoxious but deft paladin makes his way up and balances to get a footing on a stable ledge. It seems to support his weight without creaking... too much.
To Thadds eyes, the inside of the tower seems as ruined as its exterior. The moonshine that filters through the derelict roof is enough for him to make out the outlines of a staircase leading down and one leading up. The later is almost completely destroyed, while the access to the former seems oddly devoid of obstructing rubble... From his vantage point, Thadd can see a way down, facilitated by the recent wallslide, that seems to have piled rocks on the inside as well, making a nice staircase of boulders.
"I see a path fellow heroes," Thadd relays to the group. "Join me and let us make haste towards destiny!"
jmucchiello wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:36 pm Yarl

"Well let's give it a try. Loop that rope around the beam and see if you can pull Fido up. I'll stay down here in case he falls. Everyone else should stand back."
"It seems sturdy enough, Yarl, wrap your mongrel up and I shall pull him to me. Fear not, Fido, I will let not let you fall and if you are good, I wilst give you a treat from my rations. Nothing too salty, though, eh, Yarl? I'm sure you want him to keep his coat nice and silver."
Another Athletics check to pull Fido up.

Athletics check: 1d20+10 25

If you wanted a pure Strength check it's an 18.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Camus

The Tower

Post by Camus »

The team gets to work and prepare the makeshift megafauna lifter Mot designed on the dirt. They set up Fido and loop the rope, but their "leader" insists in trying to pull up the mechanical dog before getting the construct the counter weight.
Thadd proves once again he really is, regardless of all other evidence that proves otherwise, great. Greatly strong at the very least. His powerful arms and back pull up Fido like he was a flour sac. The automaton remains steady and motionless as he is lifted in the air, and pulled on the ledge by Thadd.
The climb up is easy for the rest, with the assistance of their self appointed leader.
Up there all can see what Thadd had before, the steep but apparently safe path down into the entrails of the tower. Alanari's eye catches a shadow moving among the derbies, likely a shadowy creature like the ones they fought earlier. However, this one dissipates as soon as he locked his eye on it, instead of solidifying.
What preparations would our heroes make before descending to the depths?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl

"Let's light a couple torches for those of us who need them." He says. "What order are we going down the narrow stairs?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 1
~~~~~~~~

His eye flashes as it spots the twisting shadow. "Be wary. More of those shadow spirits are about."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot watches in awe as the Shiny Man effortless lifts first the dog, then practically everyone else. Mot looks down at the crude drawing of the working model and adds bigger arms to the huge-headed representation of Thadd and, being the last one down here, drops a few crumbs of dry moldy cheese and scurries up the wall to join the others.

Mot frowns to hear of more of the Shadow ambushers about. "Mot can scout from the middle of the group... uh... while riding on Fido's back to be able to see over Big people. If is okay." Mot looks to Yarl for permission then will cling to up between the construct's shoulders if granted.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl

"You want to give our buddy Mot a ride, Boy?"
"arf"
Yarl feeds Fido a treat of a few nuts and bolts. "Good boy. Go ahead, hop on."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot squee's and climbs up the dog. Thick stubby talons would likely hurt a flesh-and-blood dog but a metallic 'skinned' beast shouldn't be bothered by even the strong-gripped kobold.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1)

Rachel was hauled up with perhaps only a bit more grace than the "hound", but at least she managed to maintain a smile. Once she joined the others she dusted off her robe and cloak a bit and gazed down into the shadows, nodding at Alanari's warning. "You know, one might almost think that someone, or some thing, didn't want us investigating in here." She paused and gave a soft, musical, laugh, then reached for one of the torches that Yarl had lit.

"But it would hardly be a quest worthy of song if it was EASY. Shall we?"
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 1; Status: Greater than ever and ready to enter!
pathfinderq1 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:19 am Rachel Tapperly
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1)

She paused and gave a soft, musical, laugh, then reached for one of the torches that Yarl had lit.

"But it would hardly be a quest worthy of song if it was EASY. Shall we?"
"Indeed, we shall, Wench Tapperly!" Thadd concurred with a broad smile. "I love your enthusiasm as we descend into almost certain danger! And worry not, for I so look forward to your songs of my epic deeds, I will do my very best to ensure your safety. Ah yes, I can see your future now: Lady Tapperly, Bard of the Epic Ballard of Thaddeus the Great! HUZZAH!"

Thadd reached for a torch from Yarl. "Now, Al, I did so love your initiative in taking the lead previously and despite the loss of one of your eyes *snicker*, but it's subsequent recovery, I have faith again that you are the one to lead us yet again. Would you do so, sir? Huntress, are you prepared to follow closely with the rest of us following in your sure footsteps?"

GODS, that was some wonderful encouragement! Thadd thought to himself. If leadership were a dragon, truly I would have slain it right there!
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 1
~~~~~~~~

His lip twists partway up in his scarred imitation of a smile. "I am rather clumsy sometimes I suppose. Not to worry my Lordship, I have it secure this time." He emphasizes by knocking the brow, before turning to the side to make a dejected sound. "Ah, nope, there it goes again... Kidding!"

With a chuckle at his lips, he starts to move forward and ahead. If there is sufficient shadow for him, he wraps it around himself like a cloak once more but otherwise does his best to move with silence.

Stealth: 28
Perception: 23
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 1
Condition : Bruised (-1 Tou )
Huntress, are you prepared to follow closely with the rest of us following in your sure footsteps?"
It took a moment for her to figure out what he was asking. Apparently she was to be in the front, alongside Alanari - for how else could the rest of the party follow in her footsteps ?

"As prepared as I can be." she replied as she joined the others.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl finishes his inspection of Fido for any damage. "Okay, let's go. Fido and I will watch our backs."
Camus

The Tower

Post by Camus »

The gloomy elf wanders forward, dodging dislodged rocks and bricks. He takes note of the various shadowy creatures he sees dancing against the walls, like if they were twisted reflections of people sitting by a bonefire. They do not seem to notice him for now, or nothing at all. It is as if they were puppets, whose strings need to be tighten in order to perform. When would this mysterious puppetmaster reapear to command these shadowy creatures was anyone's guess, but for now they seem passive.
Signailing to the rest to follow, the elf continues on. Behind him, his companions make, it would seem, as much noise as possible. From the clink-clanking of Fido, and the screeching of claw against metal of the riding kobold, the loud stomping and occasional HUZZAH from Thadd, the loud chuckls from Yarl and Rachel's continuous mumbling, Alanari's back was a walking circus. Reva, however, seemed silent and focused.
The party advances steadily through the rubble and reach the stairs, which forces a single file in the marching order. The stone stiarcase seems in perfect state, not even wet by humidity or ravaged by overgrowth. It is simple to descend into the entrails of the tower, and after 30 minutes our brave protectors of Solmir reach the lower level. An empty room welcoms them, illuminated by the aint light of a brazier in the opposite wall. The fire on the brazier was blue (A magic related skill can, uhm, shed some light about this). To each side of the room there is a heavy wooden door, leading to opposite directions.

OOC: Alanari spots the shadows, and is able to tell they are non hostile this time.
Remember you can be creative with your skills. Also,a perception aimed at finding something in particular, say, a hidden door, has a lower DC than a general perception (but wont tell you if there is a trap).
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth
HP: 1; Condition: Observant

"Oh, I thought those stairs were going to last forever." Yarl is curious about the fire. A blue flame is most unusual.

Expertise: Magic (runic): 1d20+10 28