[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
ichigorno

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by ichigorno »

Sorry for the delay. I forgot to bring my laptop to the hospital, where I was for about 4 days.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I am out of commission until Saturday...

Sorry for short notice
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's alright Bladewind, you take care of things best you can, whatever they may be. Hope you're doing alright too, Ichigorno. I'll proceed with things as usual for now then...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

edited for an action didnt think it was her turn yet
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

No biggie. Her attack failed to break through Longhorn's guard this turn.

Up next are Jenny, Eric, and... Ah right, Velari is an NPC right now. I'l have her act at the end of player initiative.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

My IC post was updated, with the Aid roll now actually rolled...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

A very good roll. Let's see if Eric can make it count for this round- though I will allow it to pass into Cheyenne if he can't.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Hey Ichigorno,
First off congrats on the critical hit, I look forward to Longhorn trying to shake that off.

As for the two attacks...
You can only attack once per round unless you use Extra Effort to gain a second Standard Action.
Using extra effort results in fatigue which can have negative results. One extra effort results in a Fatigued state. If you use Extra Effort while Fatigued your condition changes to Exhausted instead. If you use Extra Effort while Exhausted you are KOed.
You can buy off a fatigued state by spending an Hero Point to buy it off.

Here's some links that might be more helpful than my rambling:

https://www.d20herosrd.com/#EXTRA_EFFORT

https://www.d20herosrd.com/9-gamemastering/conditions/

Fatigued
Fatigued characters are hindered. Characters recover from a fatigued condition after an hour of rest.

Exhausted
Exhausted characters are near collapse. They are impaired and hindered. Characters recover from an exhausted condition after an hour of rest in comfortable surroundings.

And now this is why the new rules mechanics drive me nuts. Basically Fatigued and Exhausted refference OTHER conditions.
So here's what it really means:

Hindered
A hindered character moves at half normal speed (–1 speed rank). Immobile supersedes hindered.

Impaired
An impaired character is at a –2 circumstance penalty on checks. If the impairment applies to specific checks, they are added to the name of the condition, such as Attack Impaired, Fighting Impaired, Perception Impaired, and so forth. If it applies to the same trait(s), disabled supersedes impaired.

There's also multi-attack which is something different. You can find the rules for that here:
https://www.d20herosrd.com/6-powers/modifiers/
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

1. Is there a golem between Eric and Longhorn now?
2. Is there a sword lying on the ground where Eric demolished one of the golems?
3. What would it take for Eric to attack a golem and Longhorn in the same round? I had thought Eric had Multiattack, due to his Speed 2 rank, but apparently I was wrong.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You do have multiattack as an added effect of your attack, though it works differently then you're probably picturing. You can target either one enemy with it, gaining a damage effect bonus with certain degrees of success over their parry defense from a single attack check. You can also use it to instead attack multiple targets, in addition up to your modifer. Each target of your multi attack adds a penalty to your rolls.

So, say you want to attack 2 of the golems and then try a hit on Longhorn, as you're attack three targets each attack get's -3 to them.

To answer your other questions, yes there are now two golems trying to block you from their master, and there is a sword left loose on the ground.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

and how many attacks does Eric get with his Speed 2? For attacking a single target, does he roll for each attack or only the once? What exactly do I roll for the multiattack on a single target?
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Speed was a power only affects your speed rank, as is the power. The only thinks that affect the number of attacks you can make are effects like Multi-attack or Split-attack. Against a single target, it's only a single attack roll. The effect only modifies the damage effect if your attack result is a certain degree if success over a target's parry defense.

I already said all this before, I thought.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Then I guess you'll have to calculate that yourself.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:10 am It's alright Bladewind, you take care of things best you can, whatever they may be.
Actually - sorry for the short notice and sounding all doom and gloom. Not particularly bright in the midst of a pandemic...

So, what happened was about a month ago, things just fell into place for us, and we got a new Jeep and then a new Camping Trailer... and I had a week off booked this past week from work... so it became a scramble to learn how to use an RV, get it, stock it, find a campsite and then go... As much as I loves me my internet, disconnecting for a week every now and again is a good thing.

The learning curve was steep - we had never used an RV before. Never hooked it up, pulled it, maintained it... nada. So we were watching a lot of You Tube vids - word to the wise when you start using youTube on a subject... find someone you like and stick to them as much as possible. Too many opinions will just confuse you. That and don't bother with the "mistake" and "list of don'ts" videos. Not worth it. All of that translates to lost track of time leading up to last week...

But I am alive and well and sadly returned to civilization... I will take today to catch up on reading and start posting again tomorrow.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Welcome back! That actually sounds kind of awesome- I hope you went someplace good.

Sadly, no vacation here this year, for reasons not limited to That Reason. Maybe next year.

>Now off to post something IC.