[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Right, I think I'm about set to start the next adventure, but I think I should wait until Monday to let the weekend slowdown pass by first. Does anyone need any help, or for me to look over their new changes? I avoided making comments towards Pathfinder as I didn't want to influence them overly much, but I can offer my thoughts now if they're wanted.

As well, I'd still like to know what you think I should do with Velari. Turn her into an NPC ally, fade her into the background, something else?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I think I'm mostly set- probably just small changes overall. I should have time this weekend to get everything written up.

If you have thoughts, though, feel free to send them along- either here or PM.

In terms of Velari, maybe phase her out... I mean, we could always use another slugger, but Eric and Cheyenne seem to have most of the melee covered, and a lot of her other angles are covered by somebody or other.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I tend to agree... however having an NPC/ PC can be useful sometimes for the GM...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I would say that it's best to have her available in case you need/want to have another character who's in the know interacting with the group. But she could be busy with her own things during the adventures when you don't want/need her around.

Better to have the option than not.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

I'm afraid that's the GM's call; I'd have a really hard time choosing whether to keep Velari around or to let her go.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Seems overall people would prefer a classic five man band, so I'll have Velari fade into more of a background npc roll. She can be trying to get things set up for Eric's new PI firm, and while busy with that may be able to help if reached out to in-game.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Okay, so I'm basically done with the changes to Jenny (pending GM review). Current temp sheet is here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1033&p=63297#p63297

-Let me know if this looks okay- I'll keep the old sheet in place until this gets approved (and/or modified, as needed)

Cleaned up powers a bit- the biggest change is moving her Sorcery Variable to 4 and removing the activation-related quirks. This is probably as high as she will go- with a few more points she will codify this and move to a Dynamic Array. Now that Bob isn't 'feeding off of her ability (see below), she is a more capable spell-caster.

Minor changes: put a consistent defensive spell outside the Variable (her former 'Blur' effect), moved her Efreet possession from a Metamorph to Holding Back (with the Host complication); Also added a few pre-built spells to her Variable list (or future Array slots), and cleaned up her Complications.

>The basic idea is that Bob was being a Bad Advisor- he was actually feeding off of her Sorcerous energy. While she can't undo their bond, she can wall him in a little better (making it harder for him to take control but more impressive when he does).

This keeps her on track to use her spirit connections for advice and information, and her own Sorcery for the actual heavy lifting of magical effects; she is now more capable in a fight, though still not a Dresden-level battle mage.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Small update to Chey she now has Bruiser letting her use strength or Pre for intimidation or startle and ranged on her detect magic and another rank of Imp critical
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Not the GM (of course) but I like that use of Holding Back !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

very major changes to Jenny, but I don't see them as bad either. Making bob's possion a Holding Back advantage has plenty of flavor that I'll allow it for the game. Variable is a worrisome and tricky power, but it all feels in line with her. I'm thankful you've provided a lisy of what to expect of her. Hmm... Barring anything I missed or if anyone else has concerns, I approve of the changes.

Everyone else has my approval as well for their own updates and new point expenditures.

You'll noticed that I've posted a formal wrap up for Chapter 2's interlude, but please don't reply to the thread just yet. I'll be posting the start for chapter 3 tomorrow morning.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ichigorno, I realize it may feel rail-roady for me to request that you wait until I post the chapter opener, but I would really prefer you to wait another hour or so first.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

If it would work better, I can have Variable 1 for Sorcery in general and Variable +3 (4 total) limited to Illusion and Conjuration. All of her current spells outside those areas are very low PP cost (dimensional Pocket, Mage Sight, her "clean up" spell).

I could also take a Quirk on the Variable limiting the amount of PP she can shift in a given round (Expertise- Sorcery DC 10, can shift PP equal to the amount she succeeds by that round).
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While I don't think it'll be too much of an issue, I do feel the quirk seems in line with her nature as an amateur at casting. A lot of variability (heh) under her belt, but it takes her more work then the typical.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Okay, I've gone ahead and posted... Later then I wanted, but it's up now.

Everyone, you all start with at LEAST 1 hero point. If you had more, stick to that amount. Felix and Cheyenne start with one extra this adventure. Happy gaming~
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Waiting to respond to Ichi's post, specifically the phone call, until he gets a chance to update.
And yes, Felix will answer the phone ;~)